• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

PS3 Graphics capability more powerful than high end PC video cards?

Charper2013

Processor AMD Athlon 64 X2 7750 Kuma Black Edition @ 3.2GHz 16x200
Motherboard ASUS M3A78-EM AM2+/AM2 AMD 780G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
Cooling XIGMATEK Dark Knight-S1283V Long Life Bearing CPU Cooler
Memory OCZ Platinum 2GB (2 x 1GB) DDR2 800 & Corsair Dominator (2 x 1GB) DDR2 1250
Video Card(s) HIS Radeon HD 5770 1GB 128-bit GDDR5
Storage Western Digital 3.25 Inch SATA 320GB Drive
Display(s) SAMSUNG ToC T240HD Rose-Black 24" 5ms HDMI Widescreen HDTV Monitor
Case LIAN LI Lancool PC-K62 Mid Tower Computer Case
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek ALC1200 8 Channel Audio
Power Supply Corsair 650HX ATX12V SLI Ready 80 PLUS Certified Modular PSU
Software Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Proffesional
Are you retarded or something? Of course a console is far simpler to use. You can just pop the disc in and hit start. With a PC you have to have the correct drivers etc and if your rig isnt up to scratch, the game runs like shite!

Ive done the whole PC gaming thing and it was/is great. But, I got fed up with all the upgrading BS.

You dont like console, big f*cking deal, but some do, so respect their views like they may do yours!

You make a very good point. :toast:

System Name i7-PC / HTPC / iMac
Processor i7 3820 / Phenom II 940
Motherboard GIGABYTE G1.ASSASSIN2 / M3A79-T Deluxe
Cooling Corsair Hydro H100i / Scythe II (HS only)
Memory G.SKILL Trident X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600mhz / 4GB DDR2 1066 (@800) Corsair Dominator
Video Card(s) GB Radeon HD 7950s 3GB / GB Radeon HD 7950s 3GB
Storage 2x 80GB Intel X-25, 2x600gb SATA, 1x1tb 5400RPM storage /1x600GB, 3x500GB,1x160,1x120 SATA
Display(s) 1x 27" Yamakasi / Vizio 42" HDTV
Case Lian Li Lancool PC-K58 / Antec 900
Audio Device(s) HT Omega Striker 7.1 / Onboard and HDMI from ATi Card
Power Supply PC Power & Cooling 750W / 610W
Software Ubuntu / Windows 8.1 Pro / OS X / PHPStorm / Gaming
Interesting. Its strange, because I still find the 360's graphics to be nicer than the PS3's (as I own both) ... but if the developers are now getting to grips with the CELL, maybe the PS3 will start to outperform the 360.

not really strange at all - you hinted the answer yourself. the only reason any 360 games look any better than any ps3 games , is if the devs don't want to bother with coding for cell. they are making games with a piece of hardware that wasn't even supposed to be in the ps3 , becasue it's "too hard" for them to code the cell processor.

System Name Old Skool
Processor E6750 @ 3.6 ghz
Motherboard GA P35 DS3L
Cooling Xigmatek Dark Knight S1283v
Memory 4gb Kingston DDR2 @ 900mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 9800GT 512MB
Storage SAMSUNG 320gb
Display(s) VIEWSONIC vx2260wm
Case HAF 922
Audio Device(s) Realtek (on board) + Logitech x540
Power Supply CM 550w
Software W7 Ultimate 64
Ive done the whole PC gaming thing and it was/is great. But, I got fed up with all the upgrading BS.

You dont like console, big f*cking deal, but some do, so respect their views like they may do yours!

Don't want to be a d*ck but upgrading ain't a big deal if you can settle for mid range gaming. Any system, if you take the right decisions, can handle up for a couple of years. I know a fair amount of gamers that are still gaming with a 8800 (even I, with a 9800) and it still can handle games well. By the time the 8800 will bite the dust with games, another console will be on its way. So your argument is skewed. You don't have to rush and buy all the expensive stuff imho. But like you said, everybody is entitled to their own opinions.

HookeyStreet

Eat, sleep, game!
not really strange at all - you hinted the answer yourself. the only reason any 360 games look any better than any ps3 games , is if the devs don't want to bother with coding for cell. they are making games with a piece of hardware that wasn't even supposed to be in the ps3 , becasue it's "too hard" for them to code the cell processor.

Fucked up situation really. I personally, favouring the 360, would LOVE to see the devs unlock the full potential of the PS3's CELL.

But then again, the devs still reckon that the 360's potential hasnt been maxxed out yet.....but like most things, its probably BS :)

System Name Fractality 1.0
Processor Intel Core i7-860 @ 3.6GHz
Motherboard EVGA P55 SLI
Cooling Prolimatech Megahalems and four Fractal Design 120mm fans, sleeved
Memory 16GB Kingston Hyper RAM
Video Card(s) PNY GeForce 580 XLR8
Storage 64GB and 180GB SSDs / 1TB and 2TB HDDs
Display(s) 24" Acer V243W
Case Fractal Design Define R2, sleeved all I/O cables
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Corsair HX750W modular, sadly only stock sleeving
Software Win 7 64bit
Here is a link (that is in another language :confused: ) that compares a few games between Xbox 360 and PS3. Just to take a look.....

http://www.gamestar.de/index.cfm?pid=1589&pk=13209

That "other language" is German :p The video comparing Dirt2 on PC and XBox 360 mainly says that the PC features much better lighting. At night races, on the PC, every light source throws its light physically correct on the scenery, which itself reflects correct etc. In the 360 version, most of the light sources are just bright dots. Also, thanks to DX11, the PC version has more depth effect.

In the video MW2 PC vs. Console:
PS3 and 360 version are pretty similar; the 360 has a tad bit better lighting.
But they both are outperformed by the PC easily.

TVman

Processor E8400 3.6 ghz
Memory 4 GB
Video Card(s) HD4850 512 MB
Storage 250 GB
Software win 7 64bit
Are you retarded or something? Of course a console is far simpler to use. You can just pop the disc in and hit start. With a PC you have to have the correct drivers etc and if your rig isnt up to scratch, the game runs like shite!

Really, I run MW2 on my 42" 1080p LCD TV using my 360 (and PS3) and both look really nice.......but tbh, its been a while since Ive played games on a good gaming PC.....so I dont have anything to compare it to lol

hey there will be no insulting here in TPU:shadedshu if you cant seem to understand simpel sarcasm then that is not a green light for insulting:shadedshu

HookeyStreet

Eat, sleep, game!
Don't want to be a d*ck but upgrading ain't a big deal if you can settle for mid range gaming. Any system, if you take the right decisions, can handle up for a couple of years. I know a fair amount of gamers that are still gaming with a 8800 (even I, with a 9800) and it still can handle games well. By the time the 8800 will bite the dust with games, another console will be on its way. So your argument is skewed. You don't have to rush and buy all the expensive stuff imho. But like you said, everybody is entitled to their own opinions.

I totally agree. But Im a sucker and always wanted to me able to MAX every game out lol.....thats why Crysis killed PC gaming for me :(

I just think that consoles are the smart choice for those guys that cant build/upgrade a PC themselves.....because a console is a no-brainer really lol

hey there will be no insulting here in TPU:shadedshu if you cant seem to understand simpel sarcasm then that is not a green light for insulting:shadedshu

Sorry dude, I thought you were having a pop at me :( Reading through your post I can see your joking....my bad!

Processor Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro
Cooling AiO 240mm
Memory 2x 32GB Kingston Fury Beast 3600MHz CL18
Video Card(s) Radeon RX 6900XT Reference (amd.com)
Storage O.S.: 256GB SATA | 2x 1TB SanDisk SSD SATA Data | Games: 1TB Samsung 970 Evo
Display(s) LG 34" UWQHD
Audio Device(s) X-Fi XtremeMusic + Gigaworks SB750 7.1 THX
Power Supply XFX 850W
Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless
VR HMD Lenovo Explorer
Software Windows 10 64bit
Are you retarded or something? (...)

Here's some education:
To call something or someone "stupid" is pretty much okay because "stupid" usually defines a controlled word choice, decision or action. Retarded shouldn't be used like the word stupid because "retarded" in it's proper use means mentally challenged. That's when someone is born incapable of understanding like the "rest of us". You should refrain from calling anyone "retarded", especially in public because many people know or take care of someone who didn't choose to be mentally challenged.

Regarding the article, I call it a bunch of BS. We'd figure all the "OMFG Cell is a Supercomputer" rumours would have died by now..
I've seen Uncharted 2 in a 1080p LCD and it's not smoothier than any game at 4xSSAA I can have with my HD5870.
Nonetheless, although console lovers may say it's the best looking game ever (it's not, it's well under the 2.5-year-old Crysis) the game is still crippled when it comes to geometry, texture resolution and lighting quality.
Everyone keeps mentioning the train level as a benchmark for graphics quality but I say "meh.. 1st Crysis level on enthusiast beats this for 5 years".

Last edited:

3volvedcombat

System Name My Computer
Processor Core 2 Q9550 4Ghz 1.23volts
Motherboard Gigabyte
Cooling Corsair
Memory OCZ
Video Card(s) Galaxy
Storage Western Digital
Display(s) Acer
Case Lian li
Audio Device(s) Asus
Power Supply Corsiar
Software Microsoft
Benchmark Scores 25,000 3dmark06 at 4.35Ghz processor, 835core card!
The reason why people like consoles, is the gaming aspect, there is no need of learning about a whole computers inner workings and haveing to potentually overclock the computer that you would be barly learning to build, then realize that final cost are going to soar to 500-1000 dollars, then in the end the PC dosnt have all the console games, and support.

So people buy the consoles for, easy, quick, buitifal gaming, that flooded with all there freinds on the block, and you dont have to turn into a rocket engineer to get to your gaming 50-32" plasma experience.

I decided to do the PC gaming build instead of another 360 because it was a new hobby for me, and back then when there were 8000 series cards and the best looking game in the world was crysis, i wanted to play that game and be that cool gamer....

Now there isnt really any BETTER LOOKING games coming out other in dx11 games starting to arrise and just for note**

Anybody wanting to trade there dx11 card or cards for my GTX 260's could pm me man :).

System Name i7-PC / HTPC / iMac
Processor i7 3820 / Phenom II 940
Motherboard GIGABYTE G1.ASSASSIN2 / M3A79-T Deluxe
Cooling Corsair Hydro H100i / Scythe II (HS only)
Memory G.SKILL Trident X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600mhz / 4GB DDR2 1066 (@800) Corsair Dominator
Video Card(s) GB Radeon HD 7950s 3GB / GB Radeon HD 7950s 3GB
Storage 2x 80GB Intel X-25, 2x600gb SATA, 1x1tb 5400RPM storage /1x600GB, 3x500GB,1x160,1x120 SATA
Display(s) 1x 27" Yamakasi / Vizio 42" HDTV
Case Lian Li Lancool PC-K58 / Antec 900
Audio Device(s) HT Omega Striker 7.1 / Onboard and HDMI from ATi Card
Power Supply PC Power & Cooling 750W / 610W
Software Ubuntu / Windows 8.1 Pro / OS X / PHPStorm / Gaming
so the word "retarded" is basically never ever to be used, under any circumstances?... it's obviously wrong and derogatory to call anyone, mentally challenged or not, a "retard".

but the word can't be associated to anything else, either? I just think it is odd that there are constructed words... things that we made up that we are not allowed to utter, because they upset some people.

I have all the respect in the world for people who take care of the mentally challenged, and have them in their family as I do. But tbh, to disallow the use of the word entirely because it offends some people, while at the same time saying "stupid" is ok.. (there are people who are stupid, and can't help it) is retarded.

sorry for off-topic, this seriously gets to me though.

Processor i9 9900KS ( 5 Ghz all the time )
Motherboard Asus Maximus XI Hero Z390
Cooling EK Velocity + EK D5 pump + Alphacool full copper silver 360mm radiator
Memory 16GB Corsair Dominator GT ROG Edition 3333 Mhz
Video Card(s) ASUS TUF RTX 3080 Ti 12GB OC
Storage M.2 Samsung NVMe 970 Evo Plus 250 GB + 1TB 970 Evo Plus
Display(s) Asus PG279 IPS 1440p 165Hz G-sync
Case Cooler Master H500
Power Supply Asus ROG Thor 850W
Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma
Keyboard Rapoo
Software Win 10 64 Bit
Ohh sure can kick the ass of a 5970 yeah yeah ! Ati graphics card owners humiliated ...

... stop please to read spammers

System Name Ultraman
Processor Intel core i9 13900HK
Motherboard Alienware/Dell inverted motherboard
Cooling Alienware/Dell cooling solution + IETS GT500 cooling pad
Memory Alienware/Dell 32GB 6000mhz DDR5
Video Card(s) Nvidia RTX4080 12GB
Storage 1TB Dell supplied NVME + Samsung Evo 1TB NVME
Display(s) AOC Gaming CU34G3S/BK
Case Alienware X16
Audio Device(s) onboard/Speakers: Logitech G560
Power Supply Alienware/Dell battery + 330W charger
Mouse Microsoft Pro Intellimouse - White
Keyboard Ducky One2 SF White MX cherry Red
Software Windows 11
You know i find the whole upgrading thing sucks aswell but here i am with a 2 year old CPU and motherboard still kicking in games at high settings just by changing graphics card every year or 2 and i still find every game running perfectly.

is it just me or 360 and PS3 don't use V-sync for their games?? i saw a lot of image tearing or something on Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 on the PS3 and rainbow six vegas on the 360.
I mean come on if the games are capped at 30 FPS or something like that they should at least put V-sync on the console so theres no image tearing or something on the games.

Processor i9 9900KS ( 5 Ghz all the time )
Motherboard Asus Maximus XI Hero Z390
Cooling EK Velocity + EK D5 pump + Alphacool full copper silver 360mm radiator
Memory 16GB Corsair Dominator GT ROG Edition 3333 Mhz
Video Card(s) ASUS TUF RTX 3080 Ti 12GB OC
Storage M.2 Samsung NVMe 970 Evo Plus 250 GB + 1TB 970 Evo Plus
Display(s) Asus PG279 IPS 1440p 165Hz G-sync
Case Cooler Master H500
Power Supply Asus ROG Thor 850W
Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma
Keyboard Rapoo
Software Win 10 64 Bit
You know i find the whole upgrading thing sucks aswell but here i am with a 2 year old CPU and motherboard still kicking in games at high settings just by changing graphics card every year or 2 and i still find every game running perfectly.

is it just me or 360 and PS3 don't use V-sync for their games?? i saw a lot of image tearing or something on Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 on the PS3 and rainbow six vegas on the 360.
I mean come on if the games are capped at 30 FPS or something like that they should at least put V-sync on the console so theres no image tearing or something on the games.

Well then I wonder why ATI and Nvidia will squeeze their balls to do blistering performance graphics cards and then all the games are developed with great disappointment only for the filthy consoles ???? WHY ????

Alan wake cancelled and who knows how many other beautiful games follow...

Although like they said most developers aren't even attempting this kind of stuff. I have compared visually my PS3 to my computer.
It was just quite recently Dirt 2 vs Dirt 2.
While there wasn't a huge difference there was a difference. IMO computer was much cleaner looking and ran much smother. As far as AA I had AA turned up to the max on my Computer.....that is when it really took of in visual comparison!

That is just my opinion ..... there is nothing scientific behind it..... it's just what I noticed..... although.... it's good to hear that my PS3 has room to grow and it might be valid for a couple more years.
But if the PS3 is not used to it's capabilities imagine what PS4 will be like :)

Just so I'm sure on this, you ran Dirt 2 on the PS3 at 1080p right? I just recently got a 52" Sharp Aquos 120Hz LED TV and the value of my PS3 has improved about 200% lol. Blu-Rays look ridiculous, games looks fantastic, every looks absolutely awesome!

System Name Lil'Lighty
Processor Intel Core i3 530 @ Stock
Motherboard Asus P7P55D
Cooling Artic Cooling Freezer Pro Rev.2
Memory Gskill Ripjaw 1600MHz 9-9-9-24 8GB
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce GTX650 OC 1GB
Storage WD Blue 500GB AAKS
Display(s) ASUS 20'
Case Aerocool Aeroengine II // Two 120mm Blue Fans
Audio Device(s) Creative SoundBlaster LE // Logitech X-230
Power Supply Corsair VX450W
Software Windows 8.1 Pro x64
Simple.

Do a game for the PS3's RSX with much work. It results on great graphics.

Do a game only for the ATi's RV870 core with much work. It results on OMGWTFBBQ graphics.

Consoles only have one config, PC's have billions of them.

HookeyStreet

Eat, sleep, game!
so the word "retarded" is basically never ever to be used, under any circumstances?... it's obviously wrong and derogatory to call anyone, mentally challenged or not, a "retard".

but the word can't be associated to anything else, either? I just think it is odd that there are constructed words... things that we made up that we are not allowed to utter, because they upset some people.

I have all the respect in the world for people who take care of the mentally challenged, and have them in their family as I do. But tbh, to disallow the use of the word entirely because it offends some people, while at the same time saying "stupid" is ok.. (there are people who are stupid, and can't help it) is retarded.

The word retard can be used to define someone that has an IQ score under 70.....I didnt mean to say it in a way that would mock people with real retardation (which is very sad)

Solaris17

Super Dainty Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rocinante
Processor I9 14900KS
Motherboard EVGA z690 Dark KINGPIN (modded BIOS)
Cooling EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB
Memory 64GB Gskill Trident Z5 DDR5 6000 @6400
Video Card(s) MSI SUPRIM Liquid X 4090
Storage 1x 500GB 980 Pro | 1x 1TB 980 Pro | 1x 8TB Corsair MP400
Display(s) Odyssey OLED G9 G95SC
Case Lian Li o11 Evo Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) Moondrop S8's on Schiit Hel 2e
Power Supply Bequiet! Power Pro 12 1500w
Mouse Lamzu Atlantis mini (White)
Keyboard Monsgeek M3 Lavender, Akko Crystal Blues
VR HMD Quest 3
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores I dont have time for that.

Here's some education:

Regarding the article, I call it a bunch of BS. We'd figure all the "OMFG Cell is a Supercomputer" rumours would have died by now..
I've seen Uncharted 2 in a 1080p LCD and it's not smoothier than any game at 4xSSAA I can have with my HD5870.
Nonetheless, although console lovers may say it's the best looking game ever (it's not, it's well under the 2.5-year-old Crysis) the game is still crippled when it comes to geometry, texture resolution and lighting quality.
Everyone keeps mentioning the train level as a benchmark for graphics quality but I say "meh.. 1st Crysis level on enthusiast beats this for 5 years".

they settled it before this post. look 2 posts up. a day late a dollar short and totally unnecessary.

actually interesting fact. Did you know that the word retard is still an official used medical term?

Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5950x, Ryzen 9 5980HX
Motherboard MSI X570 Tomahawk
Cooling Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4(With Noctua Fans)
Memory 32Gb Crucial 3600 Ballistix
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 3080, Asus 6800M
Storage Adata SX8200 1TB NVME/WD Black 1TB NVME
Display(s) Dell 27 Inch 165Hz
Case Phanteks P500A
Audio Device(s) IFI Zen Dac/JDS Labs Atom+/SMSL Amp+Rivers Audio
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Mouse Logitech G502 SE Hero
Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB Mk.2
VR HMD Samsung Odyssey Plus
Software Windows 10

I gotta agree with you, if you know what your doing then you can game on 1 rig for a long time, I have been using my budget pc whenever my main pc was down, its an old GS oced and a E2140 oced and at 1680x1050 its been able to max every game I have thrown at it except crysis and a few others even if some only do get like 38fps in a few titles.

It comes down to how simple you want it I guess, and consoles will always be simpler than pc's

System Name Ultraman
Processor Intel core i9 13900HK
Motherboard Alienware/Dell inverted motherboard
Cooling Alienware/Dell cooling solution + IETS GT500 cooling pad
Memory Alienware/Dell 32GB 6000mhz DDR5
Video Card(s) Nvidia RTX4080 12GB
Storage 1TB Dell supplied NVME + Samsung Evo 1TB NVME
Display(s) AOC Gaming CU34G3S/BK
Case Alienware X16
Audio Device(s) onboard/Speakers: Logitech G560
Power Supply Alienware/Dell battery + 330W charger
Mouse Microsoft Pro Intellimouse - White
Keyboard Ducky One2 SF White MX cherry Red
Software Windows 11
Has anyone else apart from animalpak read what i said??

What makes the PS3 and 360 graphics so "fantastic" if it can't even use V-sync to avoid image tearing?? the games are capped at a specific FPS so why not use V-sync to make the graphics even more better since not lot of graphics card on PC that can actually use V-sync and keep a steady FPS.

theonedub

habe fidem
System Name Erakith || AsRock NUCS
Processor AMD ThreadRipper 2990WX ES (32c/64t 3.5ghz@1.02v) || Intel i7 1360P Raptor Lake-P
Motherboard MSI X399 MEG Creation || AsRock OE
Cooling EK Supremacy TR4 Full Nickel, D5 w/ EK Top, 2X EK-CoolStream XTX 360 & Photon 270 Res || OE
Memory 32GB (4x8GB) Corsair Vengeance PRO RGB DDR4 3000|| 2x16GB Corsair DDR4
Video Card(s) Vega 64 EK FC|| Intel Iris Xe
Storage 250gb WD Black NVMe & (2) 2TB Intel 660p NVMe || 2TB Corsair MP600 Pro
Display(s) 34" Dell Ultrasharp U3415W
Case CaseLabs Merlin SM8 || Aluminum Unibody
Power Supply Corsair HX1000
Mouse Corsair Harpoon Wireless RGB
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB w/ Cherry MX Silent
Software Windows 10 Pro x64 || WIndows 11 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores WCG & F@H Only
wanna know why,

modern warfare 2 on 360 and ps3 are rendered by both consoles at 1024x600 meaning the game is upscaled to 720p on a 720p tv and if you have a tv which dosen't upscale well it will look like shit, and even if you had a good one it would still be noticeable, I haven't even tried to play that game at 1080p yet though. . . . . but I know on my 360 the game plays choppy at times. even at 1024x600.

This is all sorts of wrong. The consoles do the scaling and will output a 720p, 1080i, 1080P picture depending on the settings. The TV is not responsible for upscaling the picture from the rendering resolution (I believe the PS3 does it in software, the 360 has a dedicated scaler chip).

3volvedcombat

System Name My Computer
Processor Core 2 Q9550 4Ghz 1.23volts
Motherboard Gigabyte
Cooling Corsair
Memory OCZ
Video Card(s) Galaxy
Storage Western Digital
Display(s) Acer
Case Lian li
Audio Device(s) Asus
Power Supply Corsiar
Software Microsoft
Benchmark Scores 25,000 3dmark06 at 4.35Ghz processor, 835core card!
For what i see it matters in tast.

The actual resolution consoles play there games at very very low resolution, and the Frames per seconds on the low resolution games can hit below 30 sometimes in some titles. Some people dont mind having low FPS in there console games and i know everybody in my school(neighborhood) dosnt relize the full smoothness of 100+ fps in a game like us PC gamers do, or if there getting low frames or not.

If i remember right a 360 plays there titles at 760 X 4## or something of that sort and the ps3 does about the same to. Its amazing how a low resolution video game from a 360 or ps3 could look so smooth on a TV.

But play a game over 100 or at 80-100 fps makes the particals razor smooth, you cant notice any framing, and for the fps shooter fanatic, its great if you make tight turns to do headshots.

When it comes to gaming in a fps shooter mouses win over controllers, and ive had the argument with 10 prestiged cod4 mw2 veterns over and over, but i know in the end, my skills would litteraly flat out confuse someone in seconds. Im pretty good with my hand to mouse cordination if you know what i mean ;). :D

Fourstaff

Staff member
System Name Orange! // ItchyHands
Processor 3570K // 10400F
Motherboard ASRock z77 Extreme4 // TUF Gaming B460M-Plus
Cooling Stock // Stock
Memory 2x4Gb 1600Mhz CL9 Corsair XMS3 // 2x8Gb 3200 Mhz XPG D41
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ RX 570 // Asus TUF RTX 2070
Storage Samsung 840 250Gb // SX8200 480GB
Display(s) LG 22EA53VQ // Philips 275M QHD
Case NZXT Phantom 410 Black/Orange // Tecware Forge M
Power Supply Corsair CXM500w // CM MWE 600w
I don't like consoles. It slows down the development on the visual front, giving us only shitty looking games with low optimisation levels because it is easy to earn money through consoles.

Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5950x, Ryzen 9 5980HX
Motherboard MSI X570 Tomahawk
Cooling Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4(With Noctua Fans)
Memory 32Gb Crucial 3600 Ballistix
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 3080, Asus 6800M
Storage Adata SX8200 1TB NVME/WD Black 1TB NVME
Display(s) Dell 27 Inch 165Hz
Case Phanteks P500A
Audio Device(s) IFI Zen Dac/JDS Labs Atom+/SMSL Amp+Rivers Audio
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Mouse Logitech G502 SE Hero
Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB Mk.2
VR HMD Samsung Odyssey Plus
Software Windows 10
This is all sorts of wrong. The consoles do the scaling and will output a 720p, 1080i, 1080P picture depending on the settings. The TV is not responsible for upscaling the picture from the rendering resolution (I believe the PS3 does it in software, the 360 has a dedicated scaler chip).

your right lol the 360 upscales rendered video in by the xenos itself

the ps3 i don't know about.

Processor Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro
Cooling AiO 240mm
Memory 2x 32GB Kingston Fury Beast 3600MHz CL18
Video Card(s) Radeon RX 6900XT Reference (amd.com)
Storage O.S.: 256GB SATA | 2x 1TB SanDisk SSD SATA Data | Games: 1TB Samsung 970 Evo
Display(s) LG 34" UWQHD
Audio Device(s) X-Fi XtremeMusic + Gigaworks SB750 7.1 THX
Power Supply XFX 850W
Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless
VR HMD Lenovo Explorer
Software Windows 10 64bit

"Mentally Retarded" is the medical term, "Mentally Challenged" is not.
Calling someone "stupid" means he was distracted, or wasn't thinking right, or just wasn't thinking the way you wanted to.
Being stupid is temporary, it's a "choice". Generally speaking, the person stops being stupid if she corrects her mistakes.

Being retarded isn't a choice, it's a medical condition, usually a limitation without a cure.
Therefore, it's wrong to insult someone as being retarded, the same way no one ever insults a paraplaegic for not being able to walk.

The problem is that someone somewhere started to use "retarded" as "stupid", and other ignorant people started doing the same.

It's not that you should stop using retarded to call someone stupid, it's just that no one should have ever started doing that. Therefore, it should be corrected.
Don't see it as social censorship but rather as social development.

Just so I'm sure on this, you ran Dirt 2 on the PS3 at 1080p right? I just recently got a 52" Sharp Aquos 120Hz LED TV and the value of my PS3 has improved about 200% lol. Blu-Rays look ridiculous, games looks fantastic, every looks absolutely awesome!

Almost all 1080p supported games are actually rendered at 720p and then upscaled through post-processing.
If people sit 20 feet away from the TV, they won't notice it. But if you play the same game in a 24" LCD monitor 2 feet away from it, there's a huge difference between upscaled 720p and actual 1080p (which all PC games can do, of course).

they settled it before this post. look 2 posts up. a day late a dollar short and totally unnecessary.
I was referring to the erroneous use of the word "retarded". I never had no interest at all in their quarrel. Had you read my post, you'd understand it.