• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

X850XT to X850XT PE

iluv2fly

Can anyone share a X850XT PE bios with the following features:

PCI-E
Single VGA
Single DVi

with or without Vivo

Rover3500

I'm after the same thing, without vivo is prefered.
Managed to alter mine so windows thinks it's a PE but there are differences in the bios :(
My thread is in the video cards forum, no replies as yet.

iluv2fly

A X850XTPE PCI-E, single vga, single dvi, no vivo. Has been sent to this website so it should show up in the bios file library soon :)

Last edited:

pic_whizz

Hi Guys,

Just modify the ATI X850XTPE bios of this site. I used a program called Rabit v1.7 (Bios mod tool)available at mvktech. Simply untick the VIVO box and save the new bios bios. Reflash, all done - no more unkown devices in Device Manager!!

Cheers,

Pic_whizz

pic_whizz

Here's the modified bios that I'm running on my X850.

Attachments

• X850XTPE_NOVIVO.zip
    34.4 KB · Views: 320

iluv2fly

I know about the mod pic whizz. I posted it in your thread a couple of days ago maybe you didn't see it was from me.

The bios that has been sent to the bios file library is an original XT850XTPE vga, dvi, novivo bios and no mod.

Thanks anyway,

Last edited:

Rover3500

Bios at last :D

Just had an engineering sample sent to me, seems to work very well. :cool:
I am not sure if this has been sent to the bios files yet, so in the mean time if anyone wants it, just e-mail me and I'll send it out to you.
This is default at PE speeds (540/590) and VGA TVO DVI (non vivo) config' :eek:
Thanks go to ViperJohn for sending this bios to me.
:D

GazC

Does this bios actually offer any performance increase?

iluv2fly

No. It just makes the gpu speed to 540 and memory speed to 587 by default when you start the computer. You can do that just by overcloking your X850XT without changing the bios. The only other change is that your card is a recognized as a X850XTPE by the computer. Basically your card becomes a X850XTPE.

Rover3500

GazC said:
Does this bios actually offer any performance increase?

As iluv2fly said ............................................ ,
I only really wanted it because if you use rabit to change the bios even if you change the code to be for a PE, windows will recognise it as a XTPE but speeds read as 540/587 where as a real PE will read as 540/590, this makes no difference to the speed but I just like things to look as they should.
So now mine reads as a XTPE with the correct output VGA TVO DVI non VIVO and 540/590 :)
If you want to try it just mail me !!

GazC

Rover3500 said:
As iluv2fly said ............................................ ,
I only really wanted it because if you use rabit to change the bios even if you change the code to be for a PE, windows will recognise it as a XTPE but speeds read as 540/587 where as a real PE will read as 540/590, this makes no difference to the speed but I just like things to look as they should.
So now mine reads as a XTPE with the correct output VGA TVO DVI non VIVO and 540/590 :)
If you want to try it just mail me !!

Thanks for the offer, but I'm quite happy with my X850XT especially as it's the worlds #2 X850XT for a 3Dmark 01 score ;).

It clocks to 702/660 clean on water, if the bios doesn't improve performance then I cannot see the point.

iluv2fly

That is mind blowing!!!

Could you please post your 3Dmark 01, 03 and 05 score.

Rover3500

GazC said:
Thanks for the offer, but I'm quite happy with my X850XT especially as it's the worlds #2 X850XT for a 3Dmark 01 score ;).

It clocks to 702/660 clean on water, if the bios doesn't improve performance then I cannot see the point.

702/660 ??
I really can't see it running stable for to long even on water !!
You are pushing the memory chips by 120 DDR more than their max (I don't mean the cards max, I mean the actual chips max)
An extra 60 on the GPU is about right but I think you will be getting artefacts pretty soon (1 or 2 weeks maybe)
with the memory that high.
A more long term (don't kill the card) speed on water would be:
600/600
maybe with mega cooling:
650/620
I know you will say that I don't know what I'm talking about, but believe me when I say, I do !!
If you want your card to work properly for more than a few weeks (sometimes a month or two) then pull the memory back to 1250 max !!
Also run it in the real world and you wont see much difference between 600/600 and 650/620 due to bottlenecks.
It's always nice to post some very fast speeds, but I deal with the real world, not what can be acheived for 1 minute, 1 hour, 1 day, 1 week or even 1 month, I always look at the life term of a card.
Saying that, if you guys have the money to replace a $500 Vid card each month then, go ahead but I will stay with the long term realistick speeds that won't destroy my memory chips in 1 - 8 weeks :eek:

Last edited:

GazC

Of course you are entitled to your opinion. But I'll do what I want to do with my video card, thankyou.

Are you an ATi engineer? Just curious, I'm not an ATi engineer but you say you know what your talking about. Is the X850 a weaker card than the X800pro vivo that I used to run at 687/642 before it died of unnatural causes (i.e. physical trauma, not fried)?

You better e-mail everybody else who is overclocking their cards to the levels that I am and warn them too. :D

And when I play games I keep the vidcard at stock fyi.

Rover3500 said:
702/660 ??
I really can't see it running stable for to long even on water !!
You are pushing the memory chips by 120 DDR more than their max (I don't mean the cards max, I mean the actual chips max)
An extra 60 on the GPU is about right but I think you will be getting artefacts pretty soon (1 or 2 weeks maybe)
with the memory that high.
A more long term (don't kill the card) speed on water would be:
600/600
maybe with mega cooling:
650/620
I know you will say that I don't know what I'm talking about, but believe me when I say, I do !!
If you want your card to work properly for more than a few weeks (sometimes a month or two) then pull the memory back to 1250 max !!
Also run it in the real world and you wont see much difference between 600/600 and 650/620 due to bottlenecks.
It's always nice to post some very fast speeds, but I deal with the real world, not what can be acheived for 1 minute, 1 hour, 1 day, 1 week or even 1 month, I always look at the life term of a card.
Saying that, if you guys have the money to replace a $500 Vid card each month then, go ahead but I will stay with the long term realistick speeds that won't destroy my memory chips in 1 - 8 weeks :eek:

iluv2fly

The punches are hot and heavy. And the world championship belt goes to........

Astennu

GazC said:
0h no3s! My vid card is going to die!

Just run it at 744/645 using the tweaked out ram timings. The highest temp I saw in ATiTool was 30 degrees.

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=8543033

Sick speeds dude :p. And u won't kill the memory. U can only kill it if u use volt mods on it with no extra cooling and bad air flow. Without it will get a little hotter but if it gets 2 hot u will see errors on the screen.

Als long as there are no errors ramp it as high as u can :cool: