• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Dang Playstation 3....Takes the fun out of PC Gaming

MatTheCat

System Name Bitch
Processor Intel i7 2600K @4.6Ghz
Motherboard MSI Z68A-GD80 (G3)
Cooling Noctua nh-u12p se2
Memory 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz 9-10-9-27
Video Card(s) POWERCOLOR HD 7970 3GB
Storage OCZ Vertex 2 240GB SSD / 2*320GB WDC RAID 0
Display(s) Samsung 226BW 21" 1650*1080
Case Lian Li PC B-25
Audio Device(s) Creative X-FI Professional PCI
Power Supply OCZ PC Power & Cooling 860W
Software Windows 7 x64
Yet, now years later. After fussing with patches, drivers, cracks, and you name it that comes along with PC Gaming anymore without banging you head on the desk. A Console today kind of is a smart way(should I say easy way to game).

With the PS3 it plays my normal DVDs if not better than on my PC.

The PS3 runs at 1080p on my 24'' PC monitor.

Yes, the PS3 may not have as high as grade graphics as on a PC, but they are damn close for what you get. 1080p is about the highest res that most PC gamers game at anyway.

Although the PS3 'supports' 1080p, the end result is pretty ugly. 25FPS (and less), no v-sync for many of the more 'demanding games', very low grade graphics (lower than 360 imo) ugly horrible laggy shit.

Yet, now years later. After fussing with patches, drivers, cracks, and you name it that comes along with PC Gaming anymore without banging you head on the desk. A Console today kind of is a smart way(should I say easy way to game).

So it comes down to just one thing. If you want to have a great gaming experience, and get a little extra out of your machine. Your looking for the best bang for buck for what your going to have to deal with for a year or so. It can be said(I'm almost sure of it) the smartest thing to do these days for just gaming.

The argument of all round less hassle certainly stands. PC's are pain in the arse and it si easy to spend just as much time maintaining them and sorting problems out as it is to spend time actually enjoying them.......don't get that with the consoles.

However consoles can no longer be considered best bang for bucks. Can easily build a budget PC these days that would totally spank the consoles perfomancewise.

A console would make a nice entertainment centre, its much cheaper than building a media pc but that said for a main gaming platform i would choose the pc every time. The only advantage to the consoles is the xbox live arcade and PSN stores, local multiplayer like splitscreen and the exclusive games.

You act like we buy every week some of us don't, i keep hardware for at least a year and tend to upgrade in small chunks trading in old parts to partly fund a new part.

PC is not just a gaming machine either, to even do light gaming i dont need to spend big either dual cores and sub £100 graphics cards are fine for left 4 dead or Bioshock 2; maybe not full settings but decent ones. Resolution for a start is not upscaled on a pc whereas 360 and ps3 your lucky to get 720p upscaled, a BD ROM drive is about £50 now on a pc too, you've got cheaper games on pc, better graphics, ability to choose your own set up, can video/audio edit, got all your other programs apart from games, you can use a ps3 or 360 controller on a pc, your not limited to what you can do on a pc.

I think the whole pc games are neutered is absurdly exaggerated, i mean we are getting civilization 5 and star craft 2 so its not like the pc exclusive is totally dead.

Yes i do own a 360 because i have friends who own them too and i have friends who like to play splitscreen co op or 2 player when they are round but i still turn on the pc everyday. Instead of buying a PS3 i just spend money on my PC, sure i miss out on like 3 games i thought looked cool, God of War 3, MGS4 and MAG but the rest never interested me at all and i never wanted a Blu Ray player, so for me it was never a good choice personally.

Wow like one game has looked pretty good on the PS3 compared to any xbox 360 title, that will really make people buy a console over a pc. No they buy it because they are complacent and dumb and cant make decisions about graphics cards and dont understand updating drivers, consoles in that case are simple for them just shove a disk in and update the game automatically and then play.

MatTheCat

System Name Bitch
Case Lian Li PC B-25
Software Windows 7 x64
I think the whole pc games are neutered is absurdly exaggerated, i mean we are getting civilization 5 and star craft 2 so its not like the pc exclusive is totally dead.

Not totally dead no. The PC is still the undisputed home of the RTS game, but othewise, games developers are now console centric. However, this certainly has it's advantages as there is not the same push on PC gamers to continually upgrade thier equipment and aside from the odd piss poor quality port (Assassins Creed), or nasty and vicious port (Modern Warfare 2), PC gamers get a good few extra layers of lovely graphical quality that dont make it into the console versions, not to mention a lovely silky smooth 60 frames per second (providing it is halfway decent PCl). Furthermore, because developers have to squeeze all they can get out of primarily the 360, games today are a whole lot more optimised than in yesteryear. When BF2 came out, even the most powerful rigs around at the time couldn't even come close to maxing it out and it took a few generational cycles before their were rigs that could handle it. Bad Company 2 on the other hand runs like a dream on my 2 year old rig with my new 5850, and also ran very nicely on my 2 year old 4870 before. Comparing how BC2 runs with Crysis (a 3 year old PC game), BC2 is both much more graphically stunning and also runs twice as good. Had DICE not had to fit a low detail version of the game into the narrow limits of the 360, and BC2 were a PC exclusive, I could see it being in such a state that a 5970 would be struggling to max it out, never mind a 5850!

Wow like one game has looked pretty good on the PS3 compared to any xbox 360 title, that will really make people buy a console over a pc. No they buy it because they are complacent and dumb and cant make decisions about graphics cards and dont understand updating drivers, consoles in that case are simple for them just shove a disk in and update the game automatically and then play.

Don't forget, a lot of people are much more busy than you and I. If I had any kind of real family responsibility or a job that required seriously hard graft, then I simply would not have the time for a gaming PC and the amounth of 'tinkering' time involved with it. I would just want to come home, press a button and game for hour or two.

Last edited by a moderator:

keling

System Name X
Processor Intel Core 2 i5 2500K (Stock)
Motherboard Gigabyte Z68-DS3
Cooling Intel Stock Cooler
Memory Corsair Vengeange 2X2GB
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE ATI RADEON HD 5850 1GB @ 771mhz
Storage WESTERN DIGITAL 2TB Black Edition
Display(s) SAMSUNG 2232BW 22" LCD 1680X1050
Case The same one from 2003. The Nameless One.
Audio Device(s) Logitech G35 headset
Power Supply Xigmatek NRP-702 700W
Software WINDOW 7 PRO 64bit OEM
Mod is one of the few things that's keeping PC gaming alive. PC means free- free updates, mods and add ons. Free means no money, I think. Console developers don't like free. Why do you think Modern Warfare 2 doesn't support modding. How can they sell a jungle camo M4A5 with nuke bullets with acoustic guidance for 7 bucks if some college kid beat them to it and distributing them for nothing?
PC also means mouse and keyboards. Console developers don't like KbMs. How can they sell Sixaxis controllers. Wii wands, PS Moves, Natals, Eyetoys and whatever if gamers suddenly can shoot better in FPS n RTS using KbMs and buy them from other manufacturers for less? I'm sure there's an anti trust issue if Sony or Microsoft force everyone to use only their brand of KbMs. As I've read in this post alone, KbMs in consoles are purely for the internet portion, surfing n typing and yet I've read numerous posters saying "I do just wish that I could plug in a keyboard, and mouse for all games."
Graphic side of things, it's a bit murky. It's eye of the beholder kind of thing. I don't deny PS3 is becoming easier to programme but that open up an interesting side of things everyone is bickering about. No matter how old or new your hardware is it's all up to software. If developers were willing, they would make incredible graphics with merely a Netbook, all through the magic of coding. And most of the problems with PC games can be blamed on shoddy coding, thus the need for patches. I remembered a developer once said they are making a game that would utilized the same CPU spec that they've started it on (C2 Quad) several years before to ensure a lot of PC gamers can enjoy the same quality no matter what their CPU are. I think the game was called Alan Wake. I wonder what happened to it. Heavy Rain was also being made for PC. They didn't say the PC can't play it, they just don't want to give it to the PC. Star Wars The Force Unleashed was said too powerful for any medium PC and just a year before a sequel, a PC version suddenly appear out of nowhere. I guess they need extra money to make the sequel's trailer. It was a laggy game but that's because they kept the graphics option hidden.

DrPepper

The Doctor is in the house
System Name Rusky
Processor Intel Core i7 D0 3.8Ghz
Motherboard Asus P6T
Cooling Thermaltake Dark Knight
Memory 12GB Patriot Viper's 1866mhz 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) GTX470 1280MB
Storage OCZ Summit 60GB + Samsung 1TB + Samsung 2TB
Display(s) Sharp Aquos L32X20E 1920 x 1080
Case Silverstone Raven RV01
Power Supply Corsair 650 Watt
Software Windows 7 x64
Benchmark Scores 3DMark06 - 18064 http://img.techpowerup.org/090720/Capture002.jpg
id definitly reccomend Pepper gaming is getting better all the time and waching br on a hd screen is just bliss.

Yeah I've seen a few HD previews and it's great but I only watch a film once then leave it. I'm fixing to get the old fat ps3 for £179 which is a steal.

xero404

i like playing sc2 too much to give the pc or any blizzard game for the matter.

System Name Champ's 1440P Rig
Processor Intel i7-4770K @ 4.6 GHz
Motherboard AsRock Z97 Extreme6
Cooling Corsair H60
Memory Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600 Mhz 4x4 Blue Ram
Video Card(s) Nvidia 1080 FE
Storage Samsung 840 Evo 256 GB/RAID 0 Western Digital Blue 1 TB HDDs
Display(s) Acer XG270HU
Case Antec P100
Power Supply Corsair CX850M
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard TT eSports Poseidon
Software Windows 10
I wanted a PS3 bad, but couldn't afford it so I got a 360:cry: It's not bad, but all the good games on it are on PC or coming to.

System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Memory 64 GB DDR5 6400Mhz
Video Card(s) 7900XTX 310 Merc
Storage Samsung 990 2TB, 2 SP 2TB SSDs and over 10TB spinning
Display(s) 56" Samsung 4K HDR
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
Benchmark Scores Its fast. Enough.
Runs 1080P from upscaled content, no user selection, no user customization, no upgrades.

GTA4 was done at 720, then upscaled.

newtekie1

Semi-Retired Folder
Processor Intel Core i7 10850K@5.2GHz
Motherboard AsRock Z470 Taichi
Cooling Corsair H115i Pro w/ Noctua NF-A14 Fans
Memory 32GB DDR4-3600
Video Card(s) RTX 2070 Super
Storage 500GB SX8200 Pro + 8TB with 1TB SSD Cache
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG280K 4K 28"
Case Fractal Design Define S
Audio Device(s) Onboard is good enough for me
Power Supply eVGA SuperNOVA 1000w G3
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
While the PS3 might support and output games at 1080p, most are rendered at 720p and upscaled before being output. Meaning you get the image quality of 720p, not 1080p. That is one of the things that gets me when people say gaming PCs are so expensives. To get the same quality as a console, it isn't all that much more expensive. It doesn't take much to run games at 1280x720.

The hassles of PC gaming are a good reason to move to consoles, however things like steam certainly help, with the auto patching process and such. However, I will not argue one bit that gaming on consoles isn't less of a hassle.

JUDOHAWK

Processor E5200 @ 3ghz
Motherboard G31M-ES2L
Memory 2GB DDR2 800
Video Card(s) OCed HD4830
Storage 320GB Caviar Blue
Power Supply Corsair 400W
The ps3 complements a gaming PC nicely. I say what's the point with the 360? Most of their "good games" can be found on PC. I won't ever switch to one or the other, but you won't see me having a 360 and a PC. Just because that's ****ing pointless. Whereas the ps3 has so many exclusives you can't get on 360 OR PC.

HookeyStreet

Eat, sleep, game!
The ps3 complements a gaming PC nicely. I say what's the point with the 360? Most of their "good games" can be found on PC. I won't ever switch to one or the other, but you won't see me having a 360 and a PC. Just because that's ****ing pointless. Whereas the ps3 has so many exclusives you can't get on 360 OR PC.

The 360 does have a few good exclusives that arent available on the PC/PS3, but I get what your saying. The PS3 exclusives do tend to be good.

theonedub

habe fidem
System Name Erakith || AsRock NUCS
Processor AMD ThreadRipper 2990WX ES (32c/64t 3.5ghz@1.02v) || Intel i7 1360P Raptor Lake-P
Motherboard MSI X399 MEG Creation || AsRock OE
Cooling EK Supremacy TR4 Full Nickel, D5 w/ EK Top, 2X EK-CoolStream XTX 360 & Photon 270 Res || OE
Memory 32GB (4x8GB) Corsair Vengeance PRO RGB DDR4 3000|| 2x16GB Corsair DDR4
Video Card(s) Vega 64 EK FC|| Intel Iris Xe
Storage 250gb WD Black NVMe & (2) 2TB Intel 660p NVMe || 2TB Corsair MP600 Pro
Display(s) 34" Dell Ultrasharp U3415W
Case CaseLabs Merlin SM8 || Aluminum Unibody
Power Supply Corsair HX1000
Mouse Corsair Harpoon Wireless RGB
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB w/ Cherry MX Silent
Software Windows 10 Pro x64 || WIndows 11 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores WCG & F@H Only
As someone with both a PS3 and a PC that could game decently, I also stick to the PS3 for games.

I like what the op was getting at. The PS3 is plug and play, no worries about system requirements, and everyone gets the same experience visually. You drop $300-$600 on hardware and you get to play all the latest games for a good 6-8 years (the last 2 years of the 10yr span being when the next gen comes out and you get Disney Games and Madden). I don't think that kind of longevity is possible with PC hardware.

Processor Intel Core i9 9900k @ 5.1GHZ all core load (8c 16t)
Motherboard MSI MEG Z390 ACE
Cooling Corsair H100i v2 240mm
Memory 32GB Corsair 3200mhz C16 (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) Powercolor RX 6900 XT Red Devil Ultimate (XTXH) @ 2.6ghz core, 2.1ghz mem
Storage 256GB WD Black NVME drive, 4TB across various SSDs/NVMEs, 4TB HDD
Display(s) Asus 32" PG32QUX (4k 144hz mini-LED backlit IPS with freesync & gsync & 1400 nit HDR)
Case Corsair 760T
Power Supply Corsair HX850i
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed on powerplay mousemat
Keyboard Logitech G910
VR HMD Wireless Vive Pro & Valve knuckles
Software Windows 10 Pro

As an owner of the 360, ps3 and a gaming pc i disagree there. I have a lot more games for my 360 than for my ps3 - there are very few ps3 exclusives which interest me (this year it's god of war 3 and heavy rain which i may get). My 360 also has exclusives i enjoy like tales of vesperia and the halo series (yes i enjoy halo fps games - halo 3, recon and the new one this year are currently/will be exclusives). I also prefer xbox live over psn and the controllers for the 360 are a lot better IMO.

That isn't to say the 360 is better than the ps3 (or visa versa), as both fill different roles and will appeal differently to people depending on what exclusives people prefer.

The fact that trhough my xbox pc adapter i can use all my xbox360 accessories with my pc means i get a lot of value for money too - gamepads, wireless microphones, steering wheels can be a lot of clutter if you need one for the pc and a couple for each console, so i enjoy being able to use them for both units.

System Name Is rly gud
Processor Intel Core i5 11600kf
Motherboard Asus Prime Z590-V ATX
Memory (48GB total) 16GB (2x8GB) Crucial Ballistix Sport 3000MHZ and G. Skill Ripjaws 32GB 3200MHZ (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE RTX 3060 12GB
Storage 1TB MSI Spatium M370 NVMe M.2 SSD
Display(s) 32" Viewsonic 4k, 34" Samsung 3440x1440, XP Pen Creative Pro 13.3
Power Supply EVGA 600 80+ Gold
VR HMD Meta Quest Pro, Tundra Trackers
Software Windows 10
I don't get tempted to mod the PS3, which I love. Can't really do any noticeable upgrades other than changing the cooling fan.

I've always been a fan of consoles until I built my first PC in 2006 with an 8800GTX. Even then my PC would run the console varients of the games, my PC would run them at 60fps mostly, graphicly maxed, at either 720p or 1080p, depending on the game. The sad thing is that even though the PS3 & 360 both claim they run at 1080p, all they do is upscale native 720p games.

Personally, I really don't like the keyboard & mouse setup. It bothers my hands and wrists. Other than BFBC2 I use my 360 controller on all my PC games and love it. I don't really play mulitplayer games on the PC though because I know I'd get obliterated by the online players with keyboard & mouse.

I can't stand the playstation controllers. They are way to small and uncomfortable for my hand. I don't really play my 360 anymore but when project natal comes out shortly, I know that's gonna change. :D The wii is fun and the graphics are absolutely crap. Natal should be the best of both worlds.

1Kurgan1

The Knife in your Back
System Name My Comp | Fiancees Comp
Processor i7 5820k @ 4.6Ghz 1.285v| i5 2500k
Motherboard MSI x99 SLI Plus | AsRock Z77 Pro 3
Cooling Watercooled
Memory 16GB DDR4 2400 @ 2666 | 12GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) AMD R9 290x | MSI 5850 OC
Storage 128gb SSD + 2x 2TB | 2TB
Display(s) Asus 27" LCD | 25" Hanns G
Case CM Storm | CM Elite 430
Audio Device(s) Creative Recon 3D PCIe
Power Supply Enermax Galaxy 1250W | Rosewill 630w
Mouse Logitech G700s | Logitech G100s
Keyboard Logitech G901 | Logitech G105
Software Win 8.1 Ultimate x64 | Win 8.1 Ultimate x64
Benchmark Scores 3D Mark - Fire Strike Extreme - 4403
I love my PS3, I think the newer consoles are great, I've always enjoyed console gaming, but I keep my console and PC gaming separate. I love racing games, and thats what consoles excels at, so thats what I play there, and more recently, some hack and slash games like GOW. Where as PC's are my FPS machines, it ends up working perfectly. I honestly think the PS3 puts out some amazing graphics, games like GOW 3, to me look as good as Crysis or anything else out there, yet their map area isn't as large and not as much is on the screen at once, and to some they might notice it, but I don't really care, they look great.

sweeper

System Name "X"
Processor AMD PHENOM II X 6 3.2GHz @ 3.6GHz
Motherboard ASUS M4A785-M
Cooling ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2
Memory Kingston Hyper X DDR2 1066 2X2 - 4GB
Video Card(s) SAPPHIRE Radeon HD4870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5
Storage Western Digital 500GB SATAII Black / Western Digital My Book Essential External HDD 1TB
Display(s) Soyo 22" LCD / Vizio 32" LCD
Case Thermaltake Xaser II Full Tower
Audio Device(s) ON-BOARD VIA VT1708S
Power Supply Antec Basiq 550W Plus Modular
Software Windows 7 Ultimate
The way I see it is if you HAVE the MONEY then do both. Build a Shit and Get PC and buy a PS3. BUT......... alot of us don't have the money to do both. I have a 'decent' PC but my PS3 is where I do most of my gaming. IMO, it's so much easier to just throw a disc in, play the game. Put a DVD in, watch a movie, Pop in a Blu-Ray and watch a movie with kick ass picture.

And yes you can play music while gaming if the music is on the PS3 you can play an entire album or randomize your playlist and game at the same time. :rockout:

EchoMan

Add to the list pros of console over pc now is booting up an FPS and knowing it isn't plagued to hell and back with cheaters.

JUDOHAWK

Processor E5200 @ 3ghz
Motherboard G31M-ES2L
Memory 2GB DDR2 800
Video Card(s) OCed HD4830
Storage 320GB Caviar Blue
Power Supply Corsair 400W
I'm not trying to claim Consoles are better than PC, PC gaming will always be better than console gaming imo. It's just console games offer enough to justify owning one to have alongside your PC.

System Name HAL
Processor Core i9 13900k @5.8-6.1
Motherboard Z790 Arous master
Cooling EKWB Quantum Velocity V2 & (2) 360 Corsair XR7 Rads push/pull
Memory 2x 32GB (64GB) Gskill trident 6000 CL30 @28 1T
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 Gigagbyte gaming OC @ +200/1300
Storage (M2's) 2x Samsung 980 pro 2TB, 1xWD Black 2TB, 1x SK Hynix Platinum P41 2TB
Display(s) 65" LG OLED 120HZ
Case Lian Li dyanmic Evo11 with distro plate
Power Supply Thermaltake 1350
Software Microsoft Windows 11 x64
Glad to here you like the Powerhouse PS3, enjoy Bru!:toast:

lol.. powerhouse
made me chuckle..

Console have just as many, likely more cheaters actually,
because more kids own consoles.

Hows that dx 11 on ps3? :nutkick:

But I can agree with this.
For the money, it's not a bad way to go..
For the longevity of the product and the amount of games, it is worth it.
IF you can't deal with the pc.
I'll take every issue that comes with a pc, for the quality and performance it brings.

Not that consoles don't have problems.
Remember not to long ago xbox360's were frying like crazy.

Not to long after. nvidia released drivers that literally fried peoples gpu's..lol..
Ahh modern technology at it's best.

Last edited:

EchoMan

lol.. powerhouse
made me chuckle..

EDIT: and console have just as many, likely more cheaters actually.

Hows that dx 11 on ps3? :nutkick:

Find me aimbot/wallhack for mw2 on ps3 :slap: or any FPS on the ps3.

MatTheCat

System Name Bitch
Case Lian Li PC B-25
Software Windows 7 x64
The way I see it is if you HAVE the MONEY then do both. Build a Shit and Get PC and buy a PS3. BUT......... alot of us don't have the money to do both. I have a 'decent' PC but my PS3 is where I do most of my gaming. IMO, it's so much easier to just throw a disc in, play the game. Put a DVD in, watch a movie, Pop in a Blu-Ray and watch a movie with kick ass picture.

Your PC spanks the PS3 several times over in terms of raw gaming performance. The performance of most games on PS£ really is shite imo.

If you play titles on PS3 that can be played on PC, then that is just silly.

System Name Turbo_Fighter/Pitbull
Processor AMD FX-9590/Intel i7 6700K 4.7GHZ @ 1.41 volts
Motherboard Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 Rev 4.0/Gigabyte GA-Z170N-Gaming 5
Cooling Corsair H105/Corsair H100iv2
Memory 32 GB G.Skill Ares/32 GB G.Skill Trident-Z
Video Card(s) XFX Radeon R9 Fury X/Sapphire R9 Nano
Storage Mix of HDDs SSDs Externals and a 256GB Samsung M.2 in the pitbull
Display(s) 24" Nixeus 144hz freesync/24'' Benq XL2420TE/21.5'' Asus VH226/Panasonic 42" Plasma
Case White Phantom NZXT/Fractal Define Nano S
Audio Device(s) MayFlower O2 ODAC/HT Omega Claro+/Turtlebeach Earforce DSS
Power Supply Corsair AX1200i/Thermaltake Smart 650Watt(EVGA GS 650 Watt took a shit on me)
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Corsair K70
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores They can run Crysis.
The ps3's blu ray drive does a great job with upscaling DVDs, there is a noticable difference between my 360 and ps3 playing a dvd on my 42'' plasma. But, I must say

I banged my head on my desk to this statement, for the first time ever.

I find it hard to see patching and routine maintenance resulting in face-desking.

As much as I love my ps3, my pc has given me less troubles than any console Ive ever owned. But yes I agree, that dang ps3 took all the fun away from pc gaming because the average console gamer has an IQ lower than 30, therefore assuming pc gamers are just as stupid and the games we get on our end aren't any fun. There are diamonds in the ruff, but for the most part its true. There was a time were this wasn't much of an issue, that was before the year 2000. The Dreamcast was the last legit console that was great for gaming, most of its games are far more complex gameplay wise, than the crap today.

Nonetheless, I hope you enjoy your ps3, it still makes a great media center, and the controllers get great battery life.:toast:

mdsx1950

System Name Knight-X
Processor Intel Core i7-980X [4.2Ghz]
Motherboard ASUS P6T7 WS
Cooling CORSAIR Hydro H70 + 2x CM 2000RPM 120mm LED Fans
Memory Corsair DOMINATOR-GT 12GB (6 x 2GB) DDR3 2000MHz
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon HD6970 2GB CrossFire [PhysX - EVGA GTX260(216SP) 896MB]
Storage 2x Corsair Perf. 512GB | OCZ Colossus 1TB | 2xOCZ Agilities 120GB SSDs
Display(s) Dell UltraSharp™ 3008WFP [2560x1600]
Case Cooler Master HAF-X + NZXT Temp LCD
Audio Device(s) ASUS Xonar D2X | ONKYO HTS9100THX 7.1
Power Supply Silverstone ST1500 1500W [80 PLUS Silver]
Software Windows 7 Ultimate X64 (Build 7600)
Benchmark Scores Heaven 2.0 with Extreme Tessellation at 1080p - 96FPS
lol.. powerhouse
made me chuckle..

Console have just as many, likely more cheaters actually,

Hows that dx 11 on ps3? :nutkick:.

You should ask hows thats dx10 on ps3 also. :p

DrPepper

The Doctor is in the house
System Name Rusky
Processor Intel Core i7 D0 3.8Ghz
Motherboard Asus P6T
Cooling Thermaltake Dark Knight
Memory 12GB Patriot Viper's 1866mhz 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) GTX470 1280MB
Storage OCZ Summit 60GB + Samsung 1TB + Samsung 2TB
Display(s) Sharp Aquos L32X20E 1920 x 1080
Case Silverstone Raven RV01
Power Supply Corsair 650 Watt
Software Windows 7 x64
Benchmark Scores 3DMark06 - 18064 http://img.techpowerup.org/090720/Capture002.jpg
You should ask hows thats dx10 on ps3 also. :p

PS3 gets around that by using the cell processor for doing graphics as well as it's gpu.