• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Leadtek Brings WinFast Killer Xeno Pro Gaming Network Cards to Online Gamers

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Leadtek Research Inc., known globally for its extreme visual graphics technology development, today revealed the latest WinFast Killer Xeno Pro, the only network card designed to provide smoother, more responsive online game play. Leadtek will distribute the WinFast Killer Xeno Pro through online and retail channels in Taiwan, Korea and Japan, improving the competitiveness of millions of online gamers.

The WinFast Killer Xeno Pro gaming network card delivers superior online performance by putting intelligent networking technology inside gamers' PCs. Its dedicated Network Processing Unit (NPU) and innovative architecture offload network traffic, bypassing the Microsoft Windows networking stack and prioritizing competing bandwidth demands from applications such as Web browsing, music streaming, software downloads and voice chat. Its Game Detect technology identifies, prioritizes and accelerates game traffic, giving players a competitive edge in the latest online games, from shooters to MMOs. Intelligent Bandwidth Control keeps the game running smoothly and lets you allocate bandwidth to other applications so you can do more while you game.

Demand for the WinFast Killer Xeno Pro has been fueled by continued growth in the worldwide video game market. "The WinFast Killer Xeno Pro appeals to gamers at every level of expertise and all players benefit from its plug-and-play installation, which gets them into the game with minimum downtime. Competitive gamers appreciate the ability to adjust performance using Intelligent Bandwidth Control. We anticipate strong demand for this powerful and innovative networking technology," said K.S. Lu, CEO of Leadtek.

Online gamers depend on their network connection. Their network card shouldn't be an afterthought. Lab tests show that the WinFast Killer Xeno Pro significantly accelerates online games, giving players a crucial advantage in today's demanding online gaming environments.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

brandonwh64

Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!
Wait isnt this the same thing as the Killer NIC card that was put out not to long ago? i herd it didnt really do anything?

btarunr

Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Software Windows 11 Pro
It's more like something that could help people like me. I can't see a BC2 server with pings less than 150 ms (there are no BC2 servers in this country). Maybe it axes that to 70~100 ms? But to those with BC2 servers around (<70 ms), this is snake oil. To those who want to go to LAN parties with this, it's not any more useful than $200 Monster gold-plated HDMI cables.

System Name PC2.1
Processor Intel i7 3770k @4.6GHZ
Motherboard MSI Z68A-GD80
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory 16GB Corsair XMS 1866MHz
Video Card(s) SLI EVGA 780 Classifieds
Storage Samsung 830 250gb /Samsung EVO 840 120GB
Display(s) 3x Dell 27" IPS screens
Case Thermaltake T81 Urban
Power Supply Cooler Master V1000
Software Windows 8.1 64bit
I beta tested this when EVGA had them, and I can 100% tell you it did nothing.
Glad it was free, that was the only up side to having it.

System Name THE MAD BEAST!!!
Processor Tinfoil rapper with some coathangers
Motherboard Graham cracker with with frosting
Cooling A shovel full of snow
Memory Grey matter out of a corpse
Video Card(s) Cat eyes
Storage A whales brain
Display(s) Cyclops eyeball
Case Inside a yetis hollowed out corpse
Audio Device(s) howling banchee
Power Supply 32 hamster on a massive wheel
Software WHo needs software when you have a box of kittens
Benchmark Scores IS gatrillions a number?
i loled, id get the same performance out of sticking a poptart in one of my pci slots, LHAHAHAH

btarunr

Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Software Windows 11 Pro
I beta tested this when EVGA had them, and I can 100% tell you it did nothing.
Glad it was free, that was the only up side to having it.

Because probably you were playing on servers near you and the 70 ms to 50 ms latency cut it brings no observable difference to gameplay? On the other hand, a 200 ms to 150 ms cut could make all the difference in an SMG or combat knife fight.

Because probably you were playing on servers near you and the 70 ms to 50 ms latency cut it brings no observable difference to gameplay? On the other hand, a 200 ms to 150 ms cut could make all the difference in an SMG or combat knife fight.

The NIC control the packets that enter in your computer.It can't control the packets over the ISP network or external networks.All this NIC can do is to cut 3ms or maybe 5ms because do not travel around your computer.If your remember hardware dial up modems this card basically do the same function as those..Hardware dial up modems were expensive when they were on the market and this NIC card is something like going back to the roots with same expensive price..

System Name PC2.1
Processor Intel i7 3770k @4.6GHZ
Motherboard MSI Z68A-GD80
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory 16GB Corsair XMS 1866MHz
Video Card(s) SLI EVGA 780 Classifieds
Storage Samsung 830 250gb /Samsung EVO 840 120GB
Display(s) 3x Dell 27" IPS screens
Case Thermaltake T81 Urban
Power Supply Cooler Master V1000
Software Windows 8.1 64bit

Not at all, my ping doing nothing was 250ish.
My ping using registry tweaks 60ish, after installing the EVGA Killer Nic, it made 0 difference.
I also tried it with out using the tweaks, and It still made little difference.
IMO the only time it seams the cards are worth it, it for older PC's that could use some help by taking the load off the cpu, and heck if your spending that type of cash, you should upgrade the PC not the NIC IMO.

System Name Dire Wolf IV
Processor Intel Core i9 14900K
Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX Z790-I GAMING WIFI
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
Memory 2x24GB Corsair DDR5 6667
Video Card(s) NVIDIA RTX4080 FE
Storage AORUS Gen4 7300 1TB + Western Digital SN750 500GB
Display(s) Alienware AW3423DWF (QD-OLED, 3440x1440, 165hz)
Case Corsair Airflow 2000D
Power Supply Corsair SF1000L
Mouse Razer Deathadder Essential
Keyboard Chuangquan CQ84
Software Windows 11 Professional
Useless PoS...

I think this card is missunderstood a little.The company is at fault with this.They should market the card as a something like a multi purpose NIC to use like a torrent storage, server card and programming different networking stuff and and the gaming part should be adjacent.The company know that is impossible to control gaming packets and ping over the internet.This move to advertise like a gaming card was a very bad move from them.Is not really PoS but not worth 200$ either..If it was 50-60$ i would have bought one.

Phxprovost

Xtreme Refugee
System Name Result of Boredom
Processor AMD FX-6350
Motherboard ASUS M5A97
Cooling Enzo Tech Extreme-X
Memory 16gb ddr3
Video Card(s) XFX R9 290
Display(s) Asus 24in (1920X1080) X 2 @144hz
Case NZXT S340
Software WIN7 64bit HP
Is not really PoS but not worth 200$ either..If it was 50-60$ i would have bought one.

:wtf: for like $50 more i can build an atom torrent box, and use my mobo nic to do everything this card does. Does this even work in windows 7? does the os hijack everything in w7?

System Name Dire Wolf IV
Keyboard Chuangquan CQ84
I think this card is missunderstood a little.The company is at fault with this.They should market the card as a something like a multi purpose NIC to use like a torrent storage, server card and programming different networking stuff and and the gaming part should be adjacent.The company know that is impossible to control gaming packets and ping over the internet.This move to advertise like a gaming card was a very bad move from them.Is not really PoS but not worth 200$ either..If it was 50-60$ i would have bought one.

It isn't worth 60$, 50$ or 20$. It doesn't really do anything useful. It doesn't do what it is advertised to do, either.

For a real server you want a real server NIC, not this over-branded toy, and for home use or gaming your 1GbE on the rear of your motherboard is all you need.

Processor Core i7-12700k
Motherboard Z690 Aero G D4
Cooling Custom loop water, 3x 420 Rad
Video Card(s) RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming
Storage Plextor M10P 2TB
Display(s) InnoCN 27M2V
Case Thermaltake Level 20 XT
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster AE-5 Plus
Power Supply FSP Aurum PT 1200W
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
Nope, it is proven time and time again that this card simply does nothing for modern gamming PCs.
It is more like 200ms to 199.99999999999999999999999~ ms.

System Name Obelisc
Processor i7 3770k @ 4.8 GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z77-V
Cooling H110
Memory 16GB(4x4) @ 2400 MHz 9-11-11-31
Video Card(s) GTX 780 Ti
Storage 850 EVO 1TB, 2x 5TB Toshiba
Case T81
Audio Device(s) X-Fi Titanium HD
Power Supply EVGA 850 T2 80+ TITANIUM
Software Win10 64bit
The best use for this card is currently offloading work, and not specifically networking loads. Right now I offload my firewall to it. I'd like to offload more but I think you need to use a special torrent program for that to work and I don't feel like switching from vuze. If the company got it together this card has a lot of potential as a linux system on a card, for that it'd be worth $50. In general the more things you can do with something the more it will be worth. I got mine cheap on ebay to mess with and at the least it hasn't hurt anything.

Suijin

Processor Q6600
Motherboard ABit P35 Pro
Memory 4GB Crucial Ballistix
Video Card(s) 8600 GT
Display(s) HP 2207
Case Antec 900
Power Supply Enermax 750W
Software Vista 64 bit Ultimate
Not at all, my ping doing nothing was 250ish.
My ping using registry tweaks 60ish, after installing the EVGA Killer Nic, it made 0 difference.
I also tried it with out using the tweaks, and It still made little difference.
IMO the only time it seams the cards are worth it, it for older PC's that could use some help by taking the load off the cpu, and heck if your spending that type of cash, you should upgrade the PC not the NIC IMO.

What Selene said, I read a review way back in time (on Tom's Harware I believe) when all CPUs were 1 core and then it did something by unloading work from the CPU. Now with multicore CPUs, and better NIC motherboard controllers of course, it really doesn't do anything for you.

Totally agree, this is just some PR bullshit to convince some fools to buy crap that is 10x more expensive than the normal network card just so you can feel good that you wasted all that money.
I think Leadtek is really going under, they are making one stupid product after the other. Like those remote access desktop systems, that cost about 800+ bucks just so you get a network card and a set top box that allows you to run programs on the server. This in the age of 350$ netbooks and 500$ laptops.
They are getting stupider and stupider each year, they used to be a company that tried to bring decent VGA to our computers, now they are just another business trying to sell crap labelling it silk.

What LAN_deRf_HA said is the purpose of the card.Is an Offloading NIC that optimizes at maximum the potential of the network.It doesn't matter if it's gaming, firewalls or other program the point of this card is Offloading..From offloading and prioritizing gaming packets you get the lower ping..People should look this way at it not like how the company advertise it.
And someone said about atom box.You cannot compare a "hardware" NIC to a atom box..If i want a server yes, another pc is the way but when i want one PC that do all and i want optimized to max here comes this NIC.This can be compared to VGA's that offload the movies from CPU.For some people with specific needs like a corporate the Killer NIC may be a strategic piece of stuff in the hands of a some profesionals..This one is pretty unique because is programable..
Imagine buying many servers with this kind of NIC's and offloading the firewalls or other programs directly on the card.It brings better performance overall on the cluster and maybe a little less investment in computers itselfs..

System Name Dire Wolf IV
Keyboard Chuangquan CQ84
What LAN_deRf_HA said is the purpose of the card.Is an Offloading NIC that optimizes at maximum the potential of the network.

Offloading things from the CPU in a home environment is useless - You CPU is under-utilized 99% of the time anyway, so it doesn't need the offload capability in the NIC. Offloading doesn't maximize any network potential, it reduces CPU load, and nothing else.

It doesn't matter if it's gaming, firewalls or other program the point of this card is Offloading..From offloading and prioritizing gaming packets you get the lower ping..People should look this way at it not like how the company advertise it.

Prioritizing gaming packets on your computer level does next-to-nothing to ping. The queuing delays inside your home system are on the order of tens of microseconds, while the delays in the network are on the order of tens and hundreds of milliseconds. There are several orders of magnitude of difference between the two so this "prioritizing" does in effect nothing.

And someone said about atom box.You cannot compare a "hardware" NIC to a atom box..If i want a server yes, another pc is the way but when i want one PC that do all and i want optimized to max here comes this NIC.This can be compared to VGA's that offload the movies from CPU.

The comparison is invalid. Weak CPUs cannot smoothly playback high-bitrate, high-definition content, and such content also requires quite a bit of CPU time which increases power consumption during playback. This a GPU offload of decoding movies is warranted. However, on the typical traffic experienced by a home computer, any CPU from the last 10 years can keep up with the traffic with no issues, making the offloading simply useless. It looks great on paper ("Ohhh, it can offload !"), but in effect it is good for nothing.

For some people with specific needs like a corporate the Killer NIC may be a strategic piece of stuff in the hands of a some profesionals..This one is pretty unique because is programable..
Imagine buying many servers with this kind of NIC's and offloading the firewalls or other programs directly on the card.It brings better performance overall on the cluster and maybe a little less investment in computers itselfs..

You are saying this as if there's anything new in offloading networking tasks to the NIC. This technology exists in server NICs for years (Both in add-on cards, and in Lan-On-Motherboard chips), and is better implemented and with more options than the "Killer" NIC offers.

In the cluster scenario you outlined above, you want real server NICs, not, like I've already said, this over-branded, overpriced toy.

btarunr

Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Software Windows 11 Pro
Offloading things from the CPU in a home environment is useless - You CPU is under-utilized 99% of the time anyway, so it doesn't need the offload capability in the NIC. Offloading doesn't maximize any network potential, it reduces CPU load, and nothing else.

It's not about reducing CPU load, it's about reducing the latency involved in making the CPU (host) process network stacks.

System Name Dire Wolf IV
Keyboard Chuangquan CQ84
It's not about reducing CPU load, it's about reducing the latency involved in making the CPU (host) process network stacks.

True. Of course, that overhead is so insignificant in the face of overall network latency in the case of a home user, so it doesn't make this NIC any more viable, or any more needed.

Ya it's about latency that is eliminated by switching the all packet processing to NIC CPU only instead of walking around the PC..
The price is the worst thing about this card.This is a "server" card for gamers.The market didn't have something like this and like a market for Velociraptors people will buy this NIC too
Now i own a broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit card.I wanted actually to buy the best of the breed from broadcom but it was expensive and offloads TCP/IP traffic and some server stuff that i really don't need
This is what i wanted to buy in the first place:
http://www.broadcom.com/products/Ethernet-Controllers/Enterprise-Server/BCM5708C
with this features
http://www.broadcom.com/collateral/wp/C-NIC-WP101-R.pdf

As you see many of the stuff here are very server orientated and not really home user offloading..Toe is hard to configure and maintain and not very necesarry in gamers enviroment.
Here it comes that killer NIC to create the "server-like" cards for gamers...

Again this Killer NIC is needed on the demanding market where people play WOW and look at HD movies at same time, have messenger and run some torrents in parralel and prioritize gaming packets so your wow is smooth with all crap running simultaniously..MMORPG have part of the guilt that fueled the creation of this card...The behaviour of the gamer changed completly when MMORPGS killed the gaming market..
Let the barge in eve mining and you can look at last season from lost in streaming from internet and also download the next episode from lost at the same time...I think this getting typical.BTW i am still old fashion gamer play only the game and not looking at movies simultaniosly...

Last edited:

iamverysmart

The NIC control the packets that enter in your computer.It can't control the packets over the ISP network or external networks.All this NIC can do is to cut 3ms or maybe 5ms because do not travel around your computer.If your remember hardware dial up modems this card basically do the same function as those..Hardware dial up modems were expensive when they were on the market and this NIC card is something like going back to the roots with same expensive price..
I call BS, shouldn't it only be able to change whatever the latency is between your computer and the router? That is usually <1ms to 1ms

Maybe this could be used for QoS?

T

TAViX

The question is simple. How much better than the integrated 1Gbps LAN card is? And 110$ for this card?!? WTF!

Update: Just saw some news on the Japanese TV, and it seems this card is best suited for 100, 300, or the new 1000Gbps fiber/broadband connections. Those are really popular in S.Korea and Japan, so I can understand why they are releasing the card in there mostly. I'm interested on the use of that 128MB DDR2 on board...

iam: Packets are on the wire travelling..It's not like a hand that push them faster...
Yes the point is Qos or packet prioritization so as i said you can play an online game simultaniosly downloading a torrent and streaming a hd movie
Tavix: what i said above... Because the user can access high capacity bandwith you can do many things simultaniosly with the pipe and this card comes in handy..The memory is used with firewalls and other programs like on normal computer..