• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Mechwarrior 4: Mercenaries for free

T

TechnicalFreak

Sorry for this short post.. But I now have the latest MW4:Mercs' from Mektek, also the .0020 update is installed..

I just hope and beg for one thing: Please work under Windows 7!!

System Name Univac SLI Edition
Processor Intel Xeon 1650 V3 @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard eVGA X99 FTW K
Cooling EK Supremacy EVO, Swiftech MCP50x, Alphacool NeXXos UT60 360, Black Ice GTX 360
Memory 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz
Video Card(s) Nvidia Titan X Tri-SLI w/ EK Blocks
Storage HyperX Predator 240GB PCI-E, Samsung 850 Pro 512GB
Display(s) Dell UltraSharp 34" Ultra-Wide (U3415W) / (Samsung 48" Curved 4k)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Acrylic Edition
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply Thermaltake 1350watt Toughpower Modular
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard CODE 10 keyless MX Clears
Software Windows 10 Pro
Sorry for this short post.. But I now have the latest MW4:Mercs' from Mektek, also the .0020 update is installed..

I just hope and beg for one thing: Please work under Windows 7!!

Works fine on 7 for me.

John Phoenix

Folks may want to wait a few days before trying this download. On the Mektek forum you see tons of people having download issues not just related to slow or bogged down servers but with the MTX client itself. Many people are finding bugs in the game or just cannot get it working.

If you have the game and it runs fine, count yourself one of the lucky ones.

It seems Mektek was really not ready for this release like they thought. They should have spent a little more time making sure everything went more smoothly before release. It would have made lots of people much happier.

System Name Univac SLI Edition
Processor Intel Xeon 1650 V3 @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard eVGA X99 FTW K
Cooling EK Supremacy EVO, Swiftech MCP50x, Alphacool NeXXos UT60 360, Black Ice GTX 360
Memory 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz
Video Card(s) Nvidia Titan X Tri-SLI w/ EK Blocks
Storage HyperX Predator 240GB PCI-E, Samsung 850 Pro 512GB
Display(s) Dell UltraSharp 34" Ultra-Wide (U3415W) / (Samsung 48" Curved 4k)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Acrylic Edition
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply Thermaltake 1350watt Toughpower Modular
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard CODE 10 keyless MX Clears
Software Windows 10 Pro
All of my friends had no problems whatsoever.

John Phoenix

All of my friends had no problems whatsoever.

Yeah.. your the lucky ones. See all the threads here with the folks having problems:
http://www.mektek.net/forums/index.php?showforum=116

Perhaps you guys can help me out with my problem with the MTX client.

(Copied from my thread at Mektek - http://www.mektek.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=156291)

" Title: Can't get MTX Working: Instruction conflicts

It seems some of the info on this forum is conflicting with what MTX says. Follow me here.

I don't use torrents at all but I tried some years ago. I didn't like them at all too slow. I downloaded MTX and it told me it timed out trying to connect to the server. Nothing showed under the Games to install window, so I could not select the MW4 game for download. At first I thought it was just having connection problems because so many people are trying to download the game.

I thought I would try HTML mode, and saved and restarted.. still nothing.. so I thought I would make sure my ports were forwarded so I could use the torrrent download. I followed the instructions in this thread: Information For People With Port Forwarding Issues http://www.mektek.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=139334

It had me set up 6 different applications with port ranges for the router to open. I rebooted. Opened MTX and I got the same results. Then I noticed there is a port checker built into MTX that wants to check port 57030. The instructions in the port forwarding post above and the port forwardin web site it refers you to never mention this port number to make openable. <-- That is the problem with the instructions here in the forum.

If that post above, "Information For People With Port Forwarding Issues" is not the correct post for the help on how to set up MTX then I cannot find any other.

Perhaps someone should write a more clear instruction post for us newbies.

Clicking on Online Help in the MTX program just gives me a blank page.

I still do not seem to have a working MTX in either HTML or Torrent mode.. nothing shows in the download list even if I do not get a timed out error message.

Someone please write a better help post for getting MTX working. Thanks BTW I am using 1.0.3.5 version, windows 7. I DID set the port 57030 to open in my router. I added the range with a new name from 57030 to 57030. Still nothing. "

Anyone wanna take a crack at it?

TVman

Processor E8400 3.6 ghz
Memory 4 GB
Video Card(s) HD4850 512 MB
Storage 250 GB
Software win 7 64bit
that shit is broken man :shadedshu didnt they like test it before releasing it :laugh:

INSTG8R

Vanguard Beta Tester
System Name Hellbox 5.1(same case new guts)
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard MSI X570S MAG Torpedo Max
Cooling TT Kandalf L.C.S.(Water/Air)EK Velocity CPU Block/Noctua EK Quantum DDC Pump/Res
Memory 2x16GB Gskill Trident Neo Z 3600 CL16
Video Card(s) Powercolor Hellhound 7900XTX
Storage 970 Evo Plus 500GB 2xSamsung 850 Evo 500GB RAID 0 1TB WD Blue Corsair MP600 Core 2TB
Display(s) Alienware QD-OLED 34” 3440x1440 144hz 10Bit VESA HDR 400
Case TT Kandalf L.C.S.
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster ZX/Logitech Z906 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic TX~’850 Platinum
Mouse G502 Hero
Keyboard G19s
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2
Software Win 10 Pro x64
Big MW fan, after reading this I went and found my MW Vengence discs just to be sure they were still around(even found my quick reference card right close too)

So of course I went to Mektek right away and installed MTX...YAY how many hoops a guy gotta jump thru to get it working??
I am d/l the base file thru utorrent anyway and will try to actually use MTX to install it tomorrow.

I am really hoping the legal BS gets sorted out with MW 5 because that trailer was just so drool worthy and just such a tease....