• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[Case Gallery] Egyptian PC Casemod Nefertiti

System Name Stealth 2 Duo Turbine
Processor Intel e6850 @ 3.8ghz
Motherboard Asus Striker Extreme
Cooling CoolerMaster V8 Modded With 2 white LED's & 100CFM fan
Memory OCZ DDR2 1066_ SLI Black-4GB
Video Card(s) 2xMSI 8800GT"s SLI
Storage <<HDD For OS>> 2x150GB_Western Digital Raptor_Raid 0. <<HDD For Storage>> 3 x 1TB
Display(s) ACER B273HU 27" LCD 2048x1152
Case Apex SuperCase_Custom 7 month Build
Audio Device(s) Striker Extreme Add-In Card HD-Audio
Power Supply EnerMax INFINITI 720watt
Software SE7VEN ULTIMATE 64bit
Benchmark Scores 3DMark01=NTTA, 3Dmark06=NTTA 3Dmark_Vantage=NTTA, Core Temp v0.99.5=28C
Be Very Very careful!, It's been said this Mod has an *ancient* curse. if you don't vote a 10 on it your computer will go all haywire & burn

Rameses23

Wow!? Thanks everyone for taking the time to look, and make comment!
You kind words are greatly appreciated :)
I must admit to feeling somewhat humbled , and a little overwhelmed by your responses to my now very "ancient" PC :)
thanks heaps
kind regards
demetrius :)

Rameses23

who the hell voted a 7 need to get your head on straight. 10/10 from me.

MODS AND ADMINS get rid of that 7 please

some dbag

Once again thanks heaps for showing such interest in my mod :) But I think thats perfectly reasonable vote :) Modding is subjective! I'm happy/grateful they took the time to look, and vote :)

I could write a list a mile long about all the faults with this PC, theres a lot I'm not happy with, but at the end of the day it is low budget 8 year old antique now. And The standard and professionalism in modding today is incredible. so I am overwhelmed by the high ratings

Part of what makes life good is that we all are unique individuals. We all look at things through different eyes, we all have our own tastes.. and have different things to offer. It's what has made modding what it is today. Modding is about an individual making her/his PC's personal :) The same goes for voting... we all bring our own perspective. and this brings balance, which is cool :)

one of the issues with modding that has always been an problem is trying to find a “fair and balanced rating system”? How does one rate a mod? categorize it? eg. overall look ,Cable management, over-clocking grunt, latest greatest bling bling hardware,originality,concept/design,paintwork,attention to detail, project log, effort ..use of materials, dedication...etc .I'd hate to judge a modding competition. Most of these systems fail because like all areas in life not everything/everybody fits into a nice square box.

I think the TPU gallery has got it bang on money with gallery Structure! Rather than try to categorize how people should vote.It's left to the individual
The graph to display ratings is awesome It's easy to see the peoples who vote 1/10 just because than can,or out of jealousy,or trying to increase there rating...

My favorite feature is the "go to random case button"! Because I've gone threw so many galleries and some of the greatest mods/and inspirations have come from mods with very low ratings

thanks again :)

Rameses23

10/10!

I really like the combination of ancient art with computer parts. This is the Stargate of mods for me. And like the show, your PC mod is totally awesome and deserves no less than 10/10. Post more pictures, please!

That is a work of art,, Amazing theme build Rig 10/10
MDF & paint looks outstanding,, whats the top look like.

Thanks for your interest. I will try and hunt out some more pics and get them up
lol :) I just found some shots of when I had just started painting...talk about trip down memory lane;-)

Rameses23

Soooo thats what they used to design and build the pyramids sphnix and stuff.

If I could I would hack the sight and vote 11 but not skilled like that yet so I voted 10

thanks dude LOL :) I have it on good authority (my 4y nephew) that it was “bob the builder” who designed and built the pyramids....I was happy to be able to find a solution to incorporate the Pyramids.. Sphinx into the design in such a subtle way :)

Whoever painted this... does he/she apprentice?

cheers but I am am still in the process of teaching myself and hv much to learn

Killer paint job, too bad the hardware is so....dated. 10/10 here. I love how you have the AMD logo and CPU worked into the design. Verynice ;)

thanks dude! yeah is a pitty about old hardware but I was on a really tight budget with the whole project, and havn't had the money for upgrades. .glad everyones been able to see past that!

yeah the AMD logo was 1 part of the design I was very pleased with! I'm reminded I'm an AMD man by heart....the cpu came later to balance out the case, and seemed logical after i had incorporated the via chip-set...solving the problem of a background for Nefertiti and a way to incorporate the Giza plateau into the design

lol...long lived Socket A :).....great for consumers to stick with 1 socket for as long as poss

and hey AMD were just on fire back in the day :) got to give credit to intel for bouncing back from the p4...to the core 2.. wow..and they havn't looked back since Most impressive

Be Very Very careful!, It's been said this Mod has an *ancient* curse. if you don't vote a 10 on it your computer will go all haywire & burn

LOL dude thats classic... love it :) You could be right,there maybe a curse... cause pretty much as soon as I got the rig up and running I've had a steady stream of peoples turning up with haywire munted PC's to look at...;-)

Exceptional creation. This is what I call a fusion between cyberworld and history. It's like the case itself is telling an old story... You got the Nobel Prize (10) from me! Congrats dude, it's incredible!

cheers dude appreciate that:) I think everything has a story to tell mate. I have been reluctant over the years to put this rig up due to the high quality of mods today...but a few people pointed out to me that perhaps I was being somewhat selfish not sharing it? So I guess a "noble prize 10" for me would be if one person got inspiration from this to go and do there own mod :)

T

TechnicalFreak

Voted 10/10..
That is like one in a million.. Must have taken a lot of time.

SabreWulf69

System Name GET FUCKED
Processor GET FUCKED
Motherboard GET FUCKED
Cooling GET FUCKED
Memory GET FUCKED
Video Card(s) GET FUCKED
Storage GET FUCKED
Display(s) GET FUCKED
Case GET FUCKED
Audio Device(s) GET FUCKED
Power Supply GET FUCKED
Software GET FUCKED
Benchmark Scores GET FUCKED
Hell yeah, that's mad 10/10

DrPepper

The Doctor is in the house
System Name Rusky
Processor Intel Core i7 D0 3.8Ghz
Motherboard Asus P6T
Cooling Thermaltake Dark Knight
Memory 12GB Patriot Viper's 1866mhz 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) GTX470 1280MB
Storage OCZ Summit 60GB + Samsung 1TB + Samsung 2TB
Display(s) Sharp Aquos L32X20E 1920 x 1080
Case Silverstone Raven RV01
Power Supply Corsair 650 Watt
Software Windows 7 x64
Benchmark Scores 3DMark06 - 18064 http://img.techpowerup.org/090720/Capture002.jpg
absolutely awesome

DrPepper

The Doctor is in the house
System Name Rusky
Processor Intel Core i7 D0 3.8Ghz
Motherboard Asus P6T
Cooling Thermaltake Dark Knight
Memory 12GB Patriot Viper's 1866mhz 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) GTX470 1280MB
Storage OCZ Summit 60GB + Samsung 1TB + Samsung 2TB
Display(s) Sharp Aquos L32X20E 1920 x 1080
Case Silverstone Raven RV01
Power Supply Corsair 650 Watt
Software Windows 7 x64
Benchmark Scores 3DMark06 - 18064 http://img.techpowerup.org/090720/Capture002.jpg

BunK3r

AWESOME!! Excellent work and it has a few "hidden" details such as the AMD logo that give it a special egyp-t-ech touch.

Rameses23

AWESOME!! Excellent work and it has a few "hidden" details such as the AMD logo that give it a special egyp-t-ech touch.

Thanks mate :) yeah spot the "hidden" 3 great pyramids

Rameses23

I voted 4/10 because:

nice, but simple.

Thanks glad you thinks it's nice :)

I'm new here, so If I'm wrong apologies! do you have more than one alias here?
profile: 8th account?
seen your PC at other sites? most impressive Cosmos 1000! . max..hardware in there too
It's in the tpu gallery under a different name?
Whats up....?? 1 account for posting your rig, and other identities for commenting and voting......?
IMHO one TPU account per individual is enough mate ;-) because: nice & simple

glad u felt so inspired to make your 1st & only post Σx╪Γεmε mαchiΩε :)

HookeyStreet

Eat, sleep, game!
The cretins that have voted far less than 10 need to grow up. I/we know that the components of this build (mobo, ram, cpu etc) are ancient, but it all adds to the mystique of this case mod.

To me, this is a TRUE case mod and is far more impressive then any of the high-end builds Ive put together!

This is great... 9.5, only thing what's missing for me is a better CPU heatsink, but the stock cooler kinda goes with the theme.

The cretins that have voted far less than 10 need to grow up. I/we know that the components of this build (mobo, ram, cpu etc) are ancient, but it all adds to the mystique of this case mod.

To me, this is a TRUE case mod and is far more impressive then any of the high-end builds Ive put together!

Agreed on the best part of that, however some of the parts are looking quite snazzy such as the RAM, NB cooler & PCI ports which is why I thought it would be nice to get a nice CPU cooler to go with them, either that or paint the PCI ports and so on with a nice stoney coloured paint :p (hell you could you even add some sand to give it a real stoned effect!)

Last edited:

BunK3r

I totally agree with you. Some people think that "MODDING" is putting together the lastest mobo, with the highest amount of ram and 8 ATIs crossfiring. Oh! And of course... 200 bucks spent on led fans and cathodes.

That's a RIG but surely NOT a MOD.

Mod comes from MODIFIYING, that's what this case is. A REAL MOD.

Cheers!

HookeyStreet

Eat, sleep, game!
I totally agree with you. Some people think that "MODDING" is putting together the lastest mobo, with the highest amount of ram and 8 ATIs crossfiring. Oh! And of course... 200 bucks spent on led fans and cathodes.

That's a RIG but surely NOT a MOD.

Mod comes from MODIFIYING, that's what this case is. A REAL MOD.

Cheers!

Yep. I can build a nice PC (who cant lol) but I would love to have the skills that some of these modders have.

enaher

System Name One does not simply have enough cash for INTEL
Processor Athlon II 450 3.8ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte 990FX-UD3
Cooling Cooler Master 212+
Memory 4x4gb Corsair DDR3
Video Card(s) 2x 5830 Sapphire 950c/1150m CF
Storage 2x Seagate 500GB Raid0 + Samsung 1TB
Display(s) BenQ G2220HDA
Case Xigmatek ASGARD PRO
Power Supply SeasonicX 750w
Software W7 x64 Ultimate
Really nice, 10 from me it's been a long time since Ive seen such a cool mod, great paint job.