• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Apple Displaces Microsoft as Biggest Technology Company

1Kurgan1

The Knife in your Back
System Name My Comp | Fiancees Comp
Processor i7 5820k @ 4.6Ghz 1.285v| i5 2500k
Motherboard MSI x99 SLI Plus | AsRock Z77 Pro 3
Cooling Watercooled
Memory 16GB DDR4 2400 @ 2666 | 12GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) AMD R9 290x | MSI 5850 OC
Storage 128gb SSD + 2x 2TB | 2TB
Display(s) Asus 27" LCD | 25" Hanns G
Case CM Storm | CM Elite 430
Audio Device(s) Creative Recon 3D PCIe
Power Supply Enermax Galaxy 1250W | Rosewill 630w
Mouse Logitech G700s | Logitech G100s
Keyboard Logitech G901 | Logitech G105
Software Win 8.1 Ultimate x64 | Win 8.1 Ultimate x64
Benchmark Scores 3D Mark - Fire Strike Extreme - 4403
have seen good Mac labs, and good PC labs. I have seen bad mac labs, and bad PC labs. I have seen good cars wrecked, I have seen bad cars wrecked.

All platforms, os x, linux, windows, are equally capable, and have strengths and weaknesses of their own. It all comes down to the driver(USER), their preference, skill, and usability style. Someone skilled in XX operating system/hardware platform can make a network, game, or program run effectively. Especially quoting a platform that has recently been ported, and is still immature, yet making very very quick and progressive strides to being equal and/or superior in ways.

I've only managed to see one bring the average IQ of post contribution from hate drop to an average of three though. Please keep arguments justified, and information based as a whole. Blind bashing really gets old.

I've seen a man pop his eyeball 12mm out of its socket, then reseat it. That doesn't mean every man can do that. If you think all the OS's are equal, you sir are crazy. They just aren't yes, they each have their own uses. But for your average user, OS X just isn't a desired setup, infact, I really can't think of many things it is better at, and I don't even want to hear for graphic design purposes, because thats what I am going to college for, and I prefer to use the Adobe Suite on my PC.

Most in here are saying what they feel, and I don't see any of it being wrong. We aren't a small group of people in the same area with this opinion, I see people in here from the US to Australia, all with the basic same feeling on the Mac strategy. I would say the feeling is pretty global, unless your a Machead, then of coarse you are better than us, I apologize and bow before you and your superior IQ as you have already stated, I am sorry master. :respect:

System Name Dell XPS 15 9560
Processor I7-7700HQ
Memory 32GB DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1050/1080 Ti
Storage 1TB SSD
Display(s) 2x Dell P2715Q/4k Internal
Case Razer Core
Audio Device(s) Creative E5/Objective 2 Amp/Senn HD650
Mouse Logitech Proteus Core
Keyboard Logitech G910
I've seen a man pop his eyeball 12mm out of its socket, then reseat it. That doesn't mean every man can do that. If you think all the OS's are equal, you sir are crazy. They just aren't yes, they each have their own uses. But for your average user, OS X just isn't a desired setup, infact, I really can't think of many things it is better at, and I don't even want to hear for graphic design purposes, because thats what I am going to college for, and I prefer to use the Adobe Suite on my PC.

Most in here are saying what they feel, and I don't see any of it being wrong. We aren't a small group of people in the same area with this opinion, I see people in here from the US to Australia, all with the basic same feeling on the Mac strategy. I would say the feeling is pretty global, unless your a Machead, then of coarse you are better than us, I apologize and bow before you and your superior IQ as you have already stated, I am sorry master. :respect:

I was speaking in terms of the average post quality. 90% of posts turn into a "DIE APPLE DIE YOU SUCK" blind hatred, when infact, its one of the most successful businesses in history. They contribute no content to the thread.

I'm also curious how you see OS X as not being a desired setup for the average user. Enthusiasts are not the average user. they are a minority of users. Being a power user of OS X, Windows and Linux, I dont really see what it ISNT good at. The only pro-windows argument in existence is games, hardware diversity. Photoshop is essentially identical, and Autocad is in Beta for OS X. OS X provides a more reliable, consistent user experience. You prefering Photoshop on PC Vs Mac is a personal preference. I prefer using Photoshop on my macbook pro, because when I'm multi-tasking, and navigating for files, it's significantly faster for me. Again, 100% preference. The technical difference is nonexistant when Job A gets done all the same.

The public, is what i would consider the "average user", and seeing as apple has gone from being essentially worthless at $50/share to over microsofts net worth, IMO, the public has spoken.

Last edited:
System Name Fishy's Computer
Processor Intel e8400 3.0 ghz
Motherboard Asus p5k-e
Cooling Air
Memory 4 gb Mushkin hp2
Video Card(s) XFX 9800GTX Artifact Edition
Storage 640 gig Western Digital, 200 gig Samsung
Display(s) LG W2242P
Case Cooler Master 690
Audio Device(s) Onboard ftw!
Power Supply Corsair hx 520
Software what ever i run.
Benchmark Scores none yet
The whole macs are the only computer used in the design industry is a complete lie. I've been in the industry and pcs were used just as much. Now about ipods, I personally think they are garbage same goes with itunes. I've had 4 ipods none have lasted over a year, and the lets plug it into another computer and #$%^ it synced. My sans clip+ and sony e340 have gone through pletny of abuse such as it being dropped, falling into water, and both are still working perfectly. Compare that to my ipods which never were dropped, and never had a water splash.

System Name Champ's 1440P Rig
Processor Intel i7-4770K @ 4.6 GHz
Motherboard AsRock Z97 Extreme6
Cooling Corsair H60
Memory Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600 Mhz 4x4 Blue Ram
Video Card(s) Nvidia 1080 FE
Storage Samsung 840 Evo 256 GB/RAID 0 Western Digital Blue 1 TB HDDs
Display(s) Acer XG270HU
Case Antec P100
Power Supply Corsair CX850M
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard TT eSports Poseidon
Software Windows 10
proof that overpriced hardware sells if you slap a nice badge on it.

My friend works at best buy and he sells so many of their $1300 and up laptops:shadedshu.

Processor I7-7700HQ
Memory 32GB DDR4
Storage 1TB SSD
Case Razer Core
Keyboard Logitech G910
The whole macs are the only computer used in the design industry is a complete lie. I've been in the industry and pcs were used just as much. Now about ipods, I personally think they are garbage same goes with itunes. I've had 4 ipods none have lasted over a year, and the lets plug it into another computer and #$%^ it synced. My sans clip+ and sony e340 have gone through pletny of abuse such as it being dropped, falling into water, and both are still working perfectly. Compare that to my ipods which never were dropped, and never had a water splash.

This is your experience, but Ive had nothing but excellent luck with my ipods. Infact, my friend ran over his iphone twice with his car on accident, but since otter boxes are totally awesome, it doesnt even have a scratch. My iPhone lasted 2.5 years(which got upgraded before failure), my 3gs is going on a year, my ipod touch is still in tip top shape, and its a rev 1. My iPod shuffle is going on 4 years now.

Durability is all in the user. Ive noticed people treat elecronics extremely different from person to person. I've had sony/iriver/samsung stuff that fell apart when I looked at is funny too. Especially when it comes to phones.

Protect your devices well, and durability is a nonissue. My 3GS is still in as new condition, because it not only has a screen protector, but went from its original box directly into my Otter box. It is the definition of Pristine. It has been through 15-20 military field exercises, gone to the range with me, and has always been in my pocket.

System Name NEW
Processor Intel 4770 non-K
Motherboard Gigabyte H81M-DS2V
Cooling CM Hyper 212 plus
Memory 16gb Muskin
Video Card(s) XFX 380X 4gb
Storage Sandisk 120gb plus WD blue 1tb
Display(s) AOC 23.5 LED bl
Case XIGMATEK
Audio Device(s) motherboard
Power Supply Cooler Master 500
Theres room for 2 :cool:

I wonder how much Linux made last year :laugh:
They deserve it more than MS or Apple!

Ubuntu creators should be billionaires by now!!!:toast:

I can't believe Photoshop works better/faster on a laptop with no-whatsoever GPU support.

3volvedcombat

System Name My Computer
Processor Core 2 Q9550 4Ghz 1.23volts
Motherboard Gigabyte
Cooling Corsair
Memory OCZ
Video Card(s) Galaxy
Storage Western Digital
Display(s) Acer
Case Lian li
Audio Device(s) Asus
Power Supply Corsiar
Software Microsoft
Benchmark Scores 25,000 3dmark06 at 4.35Ghz processor, 835core card!
This Is so funny to hear the most terrible kill apple rants in the world. Apple got up there purely due to there ipods and iphones, and ipad. I have not seen anything in the market perform as well as they do, have support like apple provides for those segments, and be so easy to use.

Ipad- which most people say is a joke, is slowly for my opinion sense im using one turning into one beast of hardware. Its so dam smooth, and before you know it there are going to be apps, cracks, hacks, and more stuff to come thatll take a ipad into even deeper awesome territory.

Frankly there laptops-desktops-netbooks suck, well there perfect, but overpriced, over slimmed, and over simplified.

There Mp3 and phone/pad market is decimating though, these things are beast to me and i love my iphone for just how dependable and easy it should be to use. Yeh there are other phones, but my iphone is still alive, has still has support, and my freinds previous "badass" touch screen phones and black berry'es have died, broke, and lost support.

Pretty obvious..

but PC ALL the way!, and people that mention stuff like starbucks, skinny jeans, and relating them to apple are basicly num nuts missing out on life. I mean your trying not to be shallow, but in all actuality being Supremely SHALLOW hahhahahah.

Processor I7-7700HQ
Memory 32GB DDR4
Storage 1TB SSD
Case Razer Core
Keyboard Logitech G910
I can't believe Photoshop works better/faster on a laptop with no-whatsoever GPU support.

:confused: Photoshop has GPU support on mac and windows. they are on equal footing support wise.

look at the steam to mac thing... every game they ported is many years old, yet still runs like crap and looks far worse than PC.
ORLY?

Mac HL2 vs PC HL2.

:confused:

9600GT Vs Radeon 5850, 1440x900, default mac settings, and whatever I had set up last time I played HL2 on my PC as.

Direct X is overrated.

Cheeseball

Not a Potato
Supporter
System Name Titan
Processor AMD Ryzen™ 7 7950X3D
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix X670E-I Gaming WiFi
Cooling ID-COOLING SE-207-XT Slim Snow
Memory TEAMGROUP T-Force Delta RGB 2x16GB DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) ASRock Radeon RX 7900 XTX 24 GB GDDR6 (MBA)
Storage 2TB Samsung 990 Pro NVMe
Display(s) AOpen Fire Legend 24" (25XV2Q), Dough Spectrum One 27" (Glossy), LG C4 42" (OLED42C4PUA)
Case ASUS Prime AP201 33L White
Audio Device(s) Kanto Audio YU2 and SUB8 Desktop Speakers and Subwoofer, Cloud Alpha Wireless
Power Supply Corsair SF1000L
Mouse Logitech Pro Superlight (White), G303 Shroud Edition
Keyboard Wooting 60HE / NuPhy Air75 v2
VR HMD Occulus Quest 2 128GB
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-bit 23H2 Build 22631.3447

Photoshop/Premiere works well on a Mac because most Macs nowadays have NVIDIA video cards. CS4 uses OpenGL 3.2 and CS5 utilizes CUDA for acceleration and video processing.

Look again, the only consumer card (not workstation) that Photoshop support is GTX285.

I was quoting Dippy, 'cause he said Photoshop worked faster on his Macbook Pro which has a 9600GT or something.

Cheeseball

Not a Potato
Supporter
System Name Titan
Display(s) AOpen Fire Legend 24" (25XV2Q), Dough Spectrum One 27" (Glossy), LG C4 42" (OLED42C4PUA)
Audio Device(s) Kanto Audio YU2 and SUB8 Desktop Speakers and Subwoofer, Cloud Alpha Wireless
No, Photoshop supports any NVIDIA card that can run OpenGL 3.2 applications and/or CUDA, which includes the 9600GT/9600M GT.

department76

System Name Fusilli
Processor AMD Phenom II 965 C3 @ 3.9GHz (200x19.5, 1.51V)
Motherboard MSI K9A2 Platinum 790FX/SB600 (AM2+)
Cooling Zalman 9700NT, 2x silent 80mm & 2x 120mm Scythe & Enermax
Memory 4GB Patriot Viper DDR2 @ 1066 5-5-5-15 2.1V
Video Card(s) Sapphire HD4870 512MB @ 825/1050 (3x heatpipes)
Storage 2x 250GB RAID 0 - Seagate 7200.10 16MB on Promise FastTrak
Display(s) ViewSonic VX2450 & VX1940
Case Lian-Li PC60 PlusII
Audio Device(s) Auzen X-Fi Prelude, Denon AH-D1000 headphones
Power Supply OCZ GameXtreme 600W
Software Windows 7 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores 3DMark Vantage - P10909
apple can thank gaypods, and the wide-spread industry adoption of said gaypods, for their existence today.

:shadedshu

wolf

Performance Enthusiast
System Name MightyX
Processor Ryzen 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro WiFi
Cooling Scythe Fuma 2
Memory 32GB DDR4 3600 CL16
Video Card(s) Asus TUF RTX3080 Deshrouded
Storage WD Black SN850X 2TB
Display(s) LG 42C2 4K OLED
Case Coolermaster NR200P
Audio Device(s) LG SN5Y / Focal Clear
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Mouse Corsair Dark Core RBG Pro SE
Keyboard Glorious GMMK Compact w/pudding
VR HMD Meta Quest 3
Software case populated with Artic P12's
Benchmark Scores 4k120 OLED Gsync bliss
ORLY?

Mac HL2 vs PC HL2.

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/414/macvspchl2.jpg

9600GT Vs Radeon 5850, 1440x900, default mac settings, and whatever I had set up last time I played HL2 on my PC as.

Ya Rly, I reckon the PC side looks better, and consequently probably plays at a higher FPS which for any true PC gamer (and TPU member alike) is desirable.

I personally Own an iphone and have used mac's many times while studying (especially video/sound editing) and I can tell you for sure, these mac's don't do anything a PC can't do. More than that I bet a PC for the same cost outright would do it better.

It really annoys me that mac is trying to sell a lifestyle, but on the same token that marketing works for them, and they have hordes of mac-loving fruits who don't miss a single opportunity to rub its perceived superiority over you.

Cheeseball

Not a Potato
Supporter
System Name Titan
apple can thank gaypods, and the wide-spread industry adoption of said gaypods, for their existence today.

:shadedshu

LOL, someone's being bitter and shallow. :rolleyes:

1Kurgan1

The Knife in your Back
System Name My Comp | Fiancees Comp
Processor i7 5820k @ 4.6Ghz 1.285v| i5 2500k
Motherboard MSI x99 SLI Plus | AsRock Z77 Pro 3
Cooling Watercooled
Memory 16GB DDR4 2400 @ 2666 | 12GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) AMD R9 290x | MSI 5850 OC
Storage 128gb SSD + 2x 2TB | 2TB
Display(s) Asus 27" LCD | 25" Hanns G
Case CM Storm | CM Elite 430
Audio Device(s) Creative Recon 3D PCIe
Power Supply Enermax Galaxy 1250W | Rosewill 630w
Mouse Logitech G700s | Logitech G100s
Keyboard Logitech G901 | Logitech G105
Software Win 8.1 Ultimate x64 | Win 8.1 Ultimate x64
Benchmark Scores 3D Mark - Fire Strike Extreme - 4403
I was speaking in terms of the average post quality. 90% of posts turn into a "DIE APPLE DIE YOU SUCK" blind hatred, when infact, its one of the most successful businesses in history. They contribute no content to the thread.

I'm also curious how you see OS X as not being a desired setup for the average user. Enthusiasts are not the average user. they are a minority of users. Being a power user of OS X, Windows and Linux, I dont really see what it ISNT good at. The only pro-windows argument in existence is games, hardware diversity. Photoshop is essentially identical, and Autocad is in Beta for OS X. OS X provides a more reliable, consistent user experience. You prefering Photoshop on PC Vs Mac is a personal preference. I prefer using Photoshop on my macbook pro, because when I'm multi-tasking, and navigating for files, it's significantly faster for me. Again, 100% preference. The technical difference is nonexistant when Job A gets done all the same.

The public, is what i would consider the "average user", and seeing as apple has gone from being essentially worthless at $50/share to over microsofts net worth, IMO, the public has spoken.

I'm not sure where your 90% came from, was the point of my post. I haven't really seen anyone typing in all capitals and posting 1 sentence responses, but saying that people are would make it seem more juvenile and help your case, but thats not whats happening here. Most people in here have agreed that the iphone is a good tool, but beyond that prices are too high, and compatibility is too low to warrant buying them, if thats not a valid argument, I'm not sure what is.

The average users need compatibility, for software, which can include games, even my parents in their late 40s play a few games on their basic computer, and the last thing they want to worry about is software compatibility issues, they want to plug something in and have it work. So that only argument in existence, is a massive one, better hardware support, better software support, thats basically what a computer is. I know Photoshop and the rest of the Adobe Suite is identical, thats what I was saying, I simply prefer it on PC, because my PC crushes any Mac that you can buy, and for much less. I'm not sure what you mean by a more reliable experience either, because, I rarely have any issues with my PC ever, and I've gone long periods without sweeping for viruses. But the Macs I use it school, always seem to have many issues, and many of my classmates who bought laptops have also sent them in for some repairs, I know that Apple and Mac users like to make them sound like they are bullet proof, but like any other hardware and software out there, they can break and have issues. In the end Job A doesn't get done, because of that technical difference, or the worry of something not being compatible. I buy something I want it to work.

The shares might be higher, but Apple sells many things, Microsoft simply sells software, I already said I'm not fond of M$, the PC market beyond M$ is massive, don't look at just the software side. I might if your going to count in the amount that the iphone, and iPod have helped out their stocks, then you might as well toss in every single company like Dells stocks into it, and all the software that is able to be boughten for Windows. It's not a very good comparison to compare a company with many facets to a company with one.

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
:confused: Photoshop has GPU support on mac and windows. they are on equal footing support wise.

ORLY?

Mac HL2 vs PC HL2.

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/414/macvspchl2.jpg

Direct X is overrated.

you should see the portal ones then. i'll find them. Half my steam list just updated with the updates listing "fixed performance issues for mac version"

http://www.anandtech.com/show/3726/quick-look-mac-os-x-portal-performance

it seems that the issues i saw when it first came out HAVE been fixed. performance is still lower, however (even on the same PC)

Processor I7-7700HQ
Memory 32GB DDR4
Storage 1TB SSD
Case Razer Core
Keyboard Logitech G910
Ya Rly, I reckon the PC side looks better, and consequently probably plays at a higher FPS which for any true PC gamer (and TPU member alike) is desirable.

Really? Whats different in that screenshot? Did you even bother looking at it? Everyone I sent it to, couldnt spot any differences.

And Frankly, I dont care if I get 250 FPS on my desktop, and 120 on my laptop(It is a $400 GPU Vs a 9600GT M afterall. No duh its gonna be slower.). It doesn't make a difference. The thing is, i play games for the entertainment value. not to gasp and pleasure myself to FRAPS showing 200 instead of 100. If that floats your boat, then more power to you.

and the last thing they want to worry about is software compatibility issues, they want to plug something in and have it work. So that only argument in existence, is a massive one, better hardware support, better software support, thats basically what a computer is

Thank you, for describing exactly what OS X does.

I bought a USB Creative X-fi Go. I spent 10 minutes installing the driver on my Thinkpad x100e. Being a creative product I was honestly worried about the driver even working out of the box.
However, I plugged it into my macbook pro, OS X saw it instantly. I selected it for my audio device, and it worked wonderfully.

It doesn't even have support from creative for OS X.

Better hardware/software compatibility? I really hope you were making a joke, otherwise you're just blind. Have you seen the mess that Ati, Nvidia, and creative have run into with Vista?

Apple's overall support for random hardware is completely unmatched. they just dont have stuff for internal PCI cards and such, because its not necessary. If it's USB or firewire, theres a 99% chance OS X recognizes it easier and faster than windows.

System Name Rectangulote
Processor Core I9-9900KF
Motherboard Asus TUF Z390M
Cooling Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora 280 + Eisblock RTX 3090 RE + 2 x 240 ST30
Memory 32 GB DDR4 3600mhz CL16 Crucial Ballistix
Video Card(s) KFA2 RTX 3090 SG
Storage WD Blue 3D 2TB + 2 x WD Black SN750 1TB
Display(s) 2 x Asus ROG Swift PG278QR / Samsung Q60R
Case Corsair 5000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Evga Nu Audio + Sennheiser HD599SE + Trust GTX 258
Power Supply Corsair RMX850
Mouse Razer Naga Wireless Pro / Logitech MX Master
Keyboard Keychron K4 / Dierya DK61 Pro
Software Windows 11 Pro
and they have hordes of mac-loving fruits who don't miss a single opportunity to rub its perceived superiority over you.

This is the real problem about apple. I like the things apple do, but for god's sake, if I don't want an apple thing then don't come whining about in apple is better, Steve Jobs is going to save you from hell and those sort of things. We know how you praise your lord Jobs but

Please. Seriously.

System Name Becca 2
Processor AMD A10 4600m quad core @ 2.3 ghz
Motherboard dunno
Cooling Logitech alto connect
Memory 16 Gig ddr3 1600mhz
Video Card(s) Ati HD 7660G + & 7470M
Storage 1 TB
Audio Device(s) onboard crap
Software Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit with sp1
It all goes down to opinion For me i use Itunes and it work flawlessly with both my Ipod classic and my 3gs Iphone. But if you guys have other stuff thats works better for you then power to yous i say.

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
It all goes down to opinion For me i use Itunes and it work flawlessly with both my Ipod classic and my 3gs Iphone. But if you guys have other stuff thats works better for you then power to yous i say.

well as an example, i quite often run into people who had to format their PC or sent their PC/mac back for repair and it came formatted, and without itunes intact they couldnt remove their music off their ipod and back onto the PC. apple refused to help them.

it took 'illegal' third party software to succesfully get the music back.

apple stuff 'just works' - until it stops.

Processor I7-7700HQ
Memory 32GB DDR4
Storage 1TB SSD
Case Razer Core
Keyboard Logitech G910
This is the real problem about apple. I like the things apple do, but for god's sake, if I don't want an apple thing then don't come whining about in apple is better, Steve Jobs is going to save you from hell and those sort of things. We know how you praise your lord Jobs but

Please. Seriously.

This concept does work the other way around. Noone cares how much anyone Hates apple, Microsoft, or linux.

Apple surpassing Microsoft in market value, is a pretty historic event, though.

well as an example, i quite often run into people who had to format their PC or sent their PC/mac back for repair and it came formatted, and without itunes intact they couldnt remove their music off their ipod and back onto the PC. apple refused to help them.

it took 'illegal' third party software to succesfully get the music back.

apple stuff 'just works' - until it stops.

This is why iTunes pesters you to make a backup, after purchasing music. Apparently they either didn't purchase their music, or they destroyed their CD's.

Pick an option, and realize who's wrong.

System Name Project Neverending
Processor i9 9900K @ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus Maximus Formula XI
Cooling Corsair HX 150i Pro, Corsair ML 120/QL 120 fans
Memory 32 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 2080Ti
Storage Samsung 970 Evo NVMe, 2 Samsung 860 Evo 1TB
Display(s) Acer Predator X34 (3440X1440), Samsung U28D590 (3840X2160)
Case Lian Li 011 Dynamic XL
Audio Device(s) Supreme FX X-Fi, Logitech 5.1 speaker system
Power Supply Corsair HX 1000i
Mouse Logitech G703
Keyboard Logitech G105
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Updates coming soon ®
System Name Aluminum Mallard
Processor Ryzen 1900x
Motherboard AsRock Phantom 6
Cooling AIO
Memory 32GB
Video Card(s) EVGA 3080Ti FTW
Storage SSD
Display(s) Benq Zowie
Case Cosmos 1000
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply Corsair CX750
VR HMD HTV Vive, Valve Index
Software Arch Linux
Benchmark Scores 31 FPS in Dalaran
I bought an iPod when they first came out, and I've had to buy new iPods as they come available. There were no better options when I first got it. If I had to do it again, I'd buy a Zune.

That being said, every iPod I have owned is a quality product and functions flawlessly. iTunes is a bummer, but it does what it needs to and I haven't had too many issues. I found ways to get my music off of my iPod when I had to reformat before, but my music is still chained to iTunes.

Everyone has their own tastes, and Apple does make good products, they're just too expensive for me. I've never used a Mac, but it comes down to cost for me. Probably the same reason I use AMD exclusively for my PC's. I get great performance for less cost, it's a win-win. Intel makes awesome CPU's but I can't afford them.

Beside, isn't Apple primarily a hardware company? Microsoft is traditionally software, except for the Xbox and Zune. At any rate, both companies are success stories, and Apple is Microsoft's only major competition, so it's good that they do good.

Wile E

Power User
System Name The ClusterF**k
Processor 980X @ 4Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 BIOS F12
Cooling MCR-320, DDC-1 pump w/Bitspower res top (1/2" fittings), Koolance CPU-360
Memory 3x2GB Mushkin Redlines 1600Mhz 6-8-6-24 1T
Video Card(s) Evga GTX 580
Storage Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB, 2xSeagate 320GB RAID0; 2xSeagate 3TB; 2xSamsung 2TB; Samsung 1.5TB
Display(s) HP LP2475w 24" 1920x1200 IPS
Case Technofront Bench Station
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte into Onkyo SR606 and Polk TSi200's + RM6750
Power Supply ENERMAX Galaxy EVO EGX1250EWT 1250W
Software Win7 Ultimate N x64, OSX 10.8.4
Being around Macs I have seen a lot of them go down, and commonly, they don't have magical hardware, I know Mac users like to think so though. I know the OS is different, I personally dislike it, but if someone likes it, I just tell them to buy a PC and put OS X onto it. they will save a lot and get much better performance.

I do dislike Mac users, and the reason I dislike Apple is because they are trying to sell an image and a lifestyle, not a product. They are selling "be different", "don't conform". And some idiots gobble that up and think they are special. I put their smugness on level with Prius owners and Scientologists, both of which are in smaller numbers and not seen publicly displaying how much cooler they are than everyone else is, nearly as often.

You don't lie to me! :p The iphone I don't judge much over, the choices are limited in that market and the iphone was the first, it has a nice foothold, but is still a bit expensive. It's mostly computer, or wait, they don't like to be called computer users, they use something thats completely not a computer...
We've gone over this a million times here. Yes, the laptops are overpriced for what amounts to an aluminum case. The iPods are overpriced, when you can get similar features for much less from other brands, but their base Mac Pros, Mac Minis, iMacs and iPhone all offer a good value for the hardware they contain.

Mac Pro is self explanatory. Buy a similarlly setup dual cpu workstation froma different OEM, and the prices are pretty damn close. Apple will rape you in factory upgrades tho.

iMac, IPS screens in a decently powerful all-in-one. Worth the money to IPS fans.

Mac Mini, no mini PC of the same size has as much power for the price. There are cheaper ones of the same size, but they are Atom powered. Or there are bigger ones with the same power and price.

For iMac and Mini, when you account for the formfactor (which is a feature), they are good deals.

iPhone 3GS 16GB go for $199. That's not bad for a multi-media centric smart phone with capacitive touch screen. Although Android phones are finally making some good inroads here. I think an Android phone might be the next type of phone I grab.

I prefer OS X for 24/7 usage. The Mrs's iMac isn't fast enough for my tastes tho, and I can't OC a Mac, so I'm going Hackintosh. Btw, aside from some games, you can pretty much do the same things on both Windows and OS X. So OS X is missing games, but Windows is missing some out of box features that OS X has. It's afair trade, all 3 major OS choices are about equal in terms of pros and cons for me, so it primarily comes down to interface preferences for me.

I bought an iPod when they first came out, and I've had to buy new iPods as they come available. There were no better options when I first got it. If I had to do it again, I'd buy a Zune.

That being said, every iPod I have owned is a quality product and functions flawlessly. iTunes is a bummer, but it does what it needs to and I haven't had too many issues. I found ways to get my music off of my iPod when I had to reformat before, but my music is still chained to iTunes.

Everyone has their own tastes, and Apple does make good products, they're just too expensive for me. I've never used a Mac, but it comes down to cost for me. Probably the same reason I use AMD exclusively for my PC's. I get great performance for less cost, it's a win-win. Intel makes awesome CPU's but I can't afford them.

Beside, isn't Apple primarily a hardware company? Microsoft is traditionally software, except for the Xbox and Zune. At any rate, both companies are success stories, and Apple is Microsoft's only major competition, so it's good that they do good.
If you think iTunes is bad, take the Zune software for a spin. No, no, don't buy a Zune either. Go Cowon or Archos, imo.

Last edited: