• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Synology Announces DiskStation DS1010+ VMware Ready Status

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Synology Inc. today announced that its DiskStation DS1010+ has achieved VMware Ready status. This designation indicates that the Synology DS1010+ has passed a detailed evaluation and testing process managed by VMware and is now listed on the VMware Hardware Compatibility List.

Passing the extensive VMware-specified testing helps ensure that the Synology DS1010+ makes best use of VMware technology and is ready for deployment in customer environments. "We are pleased that the Synology DS1010+ qualifies for the VMware Ready logo, signifying to customers that it has passed specific VMware testing and interoperability criteria and is ready to run their mission-critical business applications and operations," said Bernie Mills, senior director, alliance programs, VMware.

"Today, enterprises need reliable and affordable storage solutions to fulfill their ever increasing storage needs and to backup critical business data. The Synology DS1010+ not only addresses enterprises' storage needs, but also fits into their long-term virtualization investment by supporting VMware vSphere 4.0." said Rosiel Lee, product manager of Synology Inc., "Synology and VMware are working together to deliver virtualized environments with significant cost savings and a scalable storage solution."

The VMware Ready program is a VMware co-branding program for qualified partner products and is a benefit of the VMware Technology Alliance Partner (TAP) program. With more than 1200 members worldwide, the VMware TAP program works with best-of-breed technology partners to provide them a comprehensive set of VMware technical and marketing services, support, tools and expertise to deliver enhanced value to joint customers.

he Synology DS1010+ can be found within the online VMware Partner Product Catalog here. Hardware products can be found within the online VMware Hardware Compatibility List at this page.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Jaspe
Processor Ryzen 1500X
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X370-F Gaming
Cooling Stock
Memory 16Gb Corsair 3000mhz
Video Card(s) EVGA GTS 450
Storage Crucial M500
Display(s) Philips 1080 24'
Case NZXT
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Enermax 425W
Software Windows 10 Pro
Nobody ever comments on these things ... hold on I just did :laugh:

Processor Intel i5-6600
Motherboard ASRock H170M-ITX
Cooling Cooler Master Geminii S524
Memory G.Skill DDR4-2133 16GB (8GB x 2)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte R9-380X 4GB
Storage Samsung 950 EVO 250GB (mSATA)
Display(s) LG 29UM69G-B 2560x1080 IPS
Case Lian Li PC-Q25
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Seasonic SS-460FL2
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech G110
Software Windows 10 Pro
Not much to say the third time we've seen a product ;)

I'm not sure how to interpret this "VMware ready" status. Are some external storage solutions somehow incompatible with VMware?

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Motherboard AsRock B760M Steel Legend Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Memory 4x 16 Gb Gskill S5 DDR5 @6000
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming OC 6750 XT 12GB
Storage WD_BLACK 4TB SN850x
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Case Corsair Carbide 400C
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 650 P2
Mouse MX Master 3s
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless Clicky
Software The Matrix
I'm not sure how to interpret this "VMware ready" status. Are some external storage solutions somehow incompatible with VMware?

i think it has to do with the cpu architecture plus they have something like an ajax menu setup where you can easily enable the vmware cloud without having to do any preconfiguring.