• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Panasonic Unveils The Toughbook Cf-F9

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Panasonic today launched its new Toughbook CF-F9, the perfect business rugged companion for mobile office professionals. Delivering productivity boosting technology and fail-safe business support, the CF-F9 replaces the CF-F8 - previously the rugged business notebook of choice - with a higher resolution display, increased computing power and enhanced connectivity.

The CF-F9 delivers increased CPU performance over the CF-F8 in the same sized, 14.1" notebook - the lightest on the market. Its desktop-performance computing power is delivered by the Intel Core i5-520M with vPro technology. The device is designed to take advantage of Intel Turbo Boost Technology and Intel Multi-Threading to maximize the performance of the CPU.

Enhanced widescreen resolution
The CF-F9 also has an enhanced resolution widescreen display ideal for viewing mapping applications or multiple applications while on the move. With its 14.1" WXGA+ type (TFT) display with 1440x900 dot resolution, the CF-F9 is the market leading rugged business notebook for a high resolution, visual experience.

Built to stay connected on the move
Mobile workers need to stay connected on the move and the CF-F9 achieves this effortlessly with its embedded antenna offering optimal radio performance over WWAN, WLAN, and Bluetooth (optional WIMAX).

The Toughbook CF-F9 also includes Gobi 2000 mobile broadband technology from Qualcomm. Gobi 2000 simplifies multi-carrier wireless deployments for IT departments and allows a company's mobile workforce improved connectivity options while travelling at home or abroad.

Better than ever reliability and durability
As the most durable and lightest 14.1" wide notebook PC on the market, the CF-F9 has been designed to protect its display, hard disk and keyboard - the most commonly damaged components in conventional business notebooks.

The CF-F9 is tested to withstand a fall from a height of up to 76 cm without damage, even when in operation. The CF-F9 is also tested to withstand accidental drink spillages because its special drainage system reliably protects the keyboard, touchpad and other sensitive components from splashes. Even a full 200ml glass of liquid spilt directly over the keyboard and touchpad simply flows out through the drainage channels with all the electronics in the notebook remaining dry and intact.

Thanks to optimal pressure distribution, the CF-F9 can also withstand pressure of up to 100 kg/f and the expanded 320GB hard drive disk is surrounded with shock-absorbing pads made from high-tech material, to protect against vibrations and shock.

The power to last
To ensure that mobile professionals have a device that can meet their needs throughout the day, the CF-F9 can operate for up to 7 hours running Windows 7. All units also use the Panasonic Power Management Utilities technology to maximize power efficiency by managing the power of all relevant resources required by the CPU for each task. In addition, the CF-F9 runs on Panasonic's own high-capacity battery cells designed to deliver maximum device performance and safety.

Designed for use on the move or in the office
To ensure that users can make the most of the CF-F9 whether on the move or in the office, Panasonic has also designed a new docking station for the CF-F9, available at £207 (excluding vat).

Backed by outstanding service
Every Toughbook comes with a 3-year warranty covering hardware failures for systems used as designed; with a 96-hour repair commitment and a 5-year spare parts guarantee.

Availability and pricing
The CF-F9 is available immediately and costs £1742 (excluding vat).

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Processor i9 11900k
Motherboard Maximus XII Apex
Cooling Custom Liquid W/ 360x60 Radiator
Memory 32Gb Team XTREEM ARGB 3600 b-die
Video Card(s) Waterblocked MSI RTX 4070
Storage Intel 900p 480Gb + 4tb Intel 670p
Display(s) LG C2 evo 42"
Case Geometric Future Model 8
Audio Device(s) HD58X + Sennheiser GSX 1000
Power Supply Corsair RM 750x
Mouse Steelseries Aerox 5 wired
Keyboard Akko Mod 007b HE
VR HMD Samsung Odyssey+
Software Windows 11
Thats a really slick looking laptop

Completely Bonkers

Processor Mysterious Engineering Prototype
Motherboard Intel 865
Cooling Custom block made in workshop
Memory Corsair XMS 2GB
Video Card(s) FireGL X3-256
Display(s) 1600x1200 SyncMaster x 2 = 3200x1200
Software Windows 2003
Thats a really slick looking laptop
Sarcasm? Because in my books, you have to be completely bonkers to design or buy something that fugly. It's a mystery that they can sell those things. :wtf:

Processor i9 11900k
Motherboard Maximus XII Apex
Cooling Custom Liquid W/ 360x60 Radiator
Memory 32Gb Team XTREEM ARGB 3600 b-die
Video Card(s) Waterblocked MSI RTX 4070
Storage Intel 900p 480Gb + 4tb Intel 670p
Display(s) LG C2 evo 42"
Case Geometric Future Model 8
Audio Device(s) HD58X + Sennheiser GSX 1000
Power Supply Corsair RM 750x
Mouse Steelseries Aerox 5 wired
Keyboard Akko Mod 007b HE
VR HMD Samsung Odyssey+
Software Windows 11
Sarcasm? Because in my books, you have to be completely bonkers to design or buy something that fugly. It's a mystery that they can sell those things. :wtf:

no, i actually like that look on a laptop

System Name New Build - Oct. 2021
Processor Intel i7 10700k
Motherboard Asus TUF Gaming H570-PRO
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory Corsair Vengence 16gb 3600 mhz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 3060ti 8gb
Storage 1Tb Samsung 970 EVO NvMe m.2
Display(s) 27" LG Ultragear 144hz
Case Fractal Design- Meshify 2
Audio Device(s) Onborad dts
Power Supply Corsair RX 650 W
Mouse Roccat Kiro
Keyboard Razer Tarantula
Software Windows 10 Home x64
It reminds me of a more rugged military design...accept without the camo:p

Rakesh95

System Name Cant think of one
Processor Intel Core i7 930 D0
Motherboard Gigabyte EX58A-UD3R
Cooling 3x 200mm, 1x120, 1x120 push for megahalem
Memory Kingston OC DDR3 1600MHz Cas 6
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 275 896mb
Storage 1x WD AV-GP 1 Terabyte(OS/bkup) 1x WD Caviar Green(Data) 1x WD Caviar Blue(MAC OSX 10.5.5
Display(s) Dell 22"
Case Coolermaster Storm Sniper
Audio Device(s) ALC889a
Power Supply Coolermaster Utimate Circute protection(UCP) 700
Software Wndows 7 and MAC OSX leopard

You gotta say, design is probably the last thing on their mind in this case, i think its a great effort

System Name penguin
Processor R7 5700G
Motherboard Asrock B450M Pro4
Cooling Some CM tower cooler that will fit my case
Memory 4 x 8GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz
Video Card(s) IGP
Storage ADATA SU800 512GB
Display(s) 27' LG
Case Zalman
Audio Device(s) stock
Power Supply Seasonic SS-620GM
Software win10
For some weird reason I really like the design...

ohh a cd player

that design reminds me of my old CD player, I liked how it opened up like that. Some people would still prefer this over the slot drives.
When will the tray drives be dead?:roll: