• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

SteelSeries Prepares Gamers for StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty with New Gaming Gear

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Alongside the July 27th launch of Blizzard Entertainment's StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty, SteelSeries is pleased to announce the release of original co-branded gaming peripherals for gamers eager to jump back into the epic struggle between the protoss, zerg and terran races.

SteelSeries will offer a complete gaming solution with the StarCraft II Limited Edition Zboard gaming keyboard bundle, which includes the SteelSeries Zboard Base with Z Engine II software, the Zboard Standard QWERTY Keyset for everyday use and the SteelSeries Limited Edition Zboard Keyset (StarCraft II). The specially designed Zboard Keyset (StarCraft II) provides labeled commands, in-game shortcuts, official artwork from the game, and three race-specific mods featuring unique abilities for each of the races. Through its unique Z Engine II software, gamers can also remap every key on the keyboard, guaranteeing a completely customized experience for each and every user.

Joining the current line of StarCraft II-branded Qck Limited Edition mouse pads, SteelSeries introduces two new products showcasing beautiful in-game artwork. The SteelSeries Limited Edition QcK Tychus Findlay and Marauder mouse pads feature images of the iconic terran marine and the terran heavy infantry unit respectively. The Qcks are made of a high-quality cloth material with an optimized textured surface, and provide players with a smooth and consistent gliding surface.

"With Blizzard Entertainment's recent release date announcement for the highly anticipated StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty, SteelSeries is excited to introduce new game-specific gear designed to offer high-quality peripheral options and a true immersive experience," said Bruce Hawver, SteelSeries CEO."

Available at game launch, the StarCraft II Limited Edition Zboard gaming keyboard bundle will retail for $69.99 USD / EUR 64.99. The SteelSeries Limited Edition QcK Tychus Findlay, Marauder, Qck Marine, and Kerrigan vs. Zeratul mouse pads retail for $14.99 USD / EUR 14.99. The SteelSeries Zboard Keyset (StarCraft II) is also sold separately for $24.99 USD / EUR 24.99. Gamers can find all of SteelSeries Limited Edition StarCraft II gear available at http://www.steelseries.com and additional retailers.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Kreij

Senior Monkey Moderator
Sure it's getting released.
This will allow you to game is style while getting your butt handed to you by the Korean pro gamers :D

System Name Ryzen Reynolds
Processor Ryzen 1600 - 4.0Ghz 1.415v - SMT disabled
Motherboard mATX Asrock AB350m AM4
Cooling Raijintek Leto Pro
Memory Vulcan T-Force 16GB DDR4 3000 16.18.18 @3200Mhz 14.17.17
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ 4GB RX 580 - 1450/2000 BIOS mod 8-)
Storage Seagate B'cuda 1TB/Sandisk 128GB SSD
Display(s) Acer ED242QR 75hz Freesync
Case Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-01
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair VS 550w
Mouse Zalman ZM-M401R
Keyboard Razor Lycosa
Software Windows 10 x64
Benchmark Scores https://www.3dmark.com/spy/6220813
System Name inferKNIGHT
Processor Intel Core i5-4590
Motherboard MSI Z97i Gaming AC
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory 2 x 4GB DDR3-1866 Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer (R/G)
Video Card(s) ASUS GTX 970 STRIX 3.5GB (+0.5GB? o.O)
Storage 1 x 256GB Cricial M550, 1 x 2TB Samsung 7200.12
Display(s) Samsung SyncMaster T260
Case Corsair Obsidian 250D
Power Supply Corsair RM750
Software Windows 8.1.1 pro x64
And so the hyping of... my-fave-game-of-all-time begins...
sigh... they better have made the campaign good and long after killing LAN play!!:banghead:
Still, I'm quivering with anticipation. This could, but probably won't, have made a great movie. It's a shame that Hollywood tends to ruin game to movie ports...:shadedshu

Now, on subject... keyboard sux and mousepad... would be better if it was all black, lol!:laugh:

System Name Jupiter-2
Processor Intel i3-6100
Motherboard H170I-PLUS D3
Cooling Stock
Memory 8GB Mushkin DDR3L-1600
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1050ti
Storage 512GB Corsair SSD
Display(s) BENQ 24in
Case Lian Li PC-Q01B Mini ITX
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair 450W
Mouse Logitech Trackball
Keyboard Custom bamboo job
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Finished Super PI on legendary mode in only 13 hours.
And so the hyping of... my-fave-game-of-all-time begins...
sigh... they better have made the campaign good and long after killing LAN play!!:banghead:
Still, I'm quivering with anticipation. This could, but probably won't, have made a great movie. It's a shame that Hollywood tends to ruin game to movie ports...:shadedshu

Now, on subject... keyboard sux and mousepad... would be better if it was all black, lol!:laugh:

Nope -- you'll only get the Terran campaign first, followed by expansions for the zerg and protoss that you'll have to buy separately. I wish I was joking, but this is what the news was the last time I heard it. :shadedshu

System Name inferKNIGHT
Processor Intel Core i5-4590
Motherboard MSI Z97i Gaming AC
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory 2 x 4GB DDR3-1866 Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer (R/G)
Video Card(s) ASUS GTX 970 STRIX 3.5GB (+0.5GB? o.O)
Storage 1 x 256GB Cricial M550, 1 x 2TB Samsung 7200.12
Display(s) Samsung SyncMaster T260
Case Corsair Obsidian 250D
Power Supply Corsair RM750
Software Windows 8.1.1 pro x64
yeah, that's what's happening. I've been trying to put a positive spin on it in my head, "3 releases means 3 times the fun," but then another voice says... "and 3 times the money".
Damn all these voices in my head, and Blizzard being so money hungry... :p