• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ViewSonic Announces Entire Display Line to Move to LED-Backlit

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
ViewSonic Corp., a leading global provider of computing, consumer electronics and communications solutions, today strengthened the company's commitment to green computing by announcing that all of the company's PC display products will feature LED technology by early 2011. This is to offer its customers significant energy cost savings and improved performance and contrast from any ViewSonic solution.

"Consumers are rapidly transitioning to LED display products because they allow for lower energy costs while delivering brilliant picture quality," said Jeff Volpe, vice president and general manager, ViewSonic Americas. "ViewSonic is leading the way towards a greener, more cost efficient future by delivering an array of green LED products for our customers to choose from."

Today's announcement comes just a few months after the company's May unveiling of the VX2250wm-LED, a 22" (21.5" vis.) LED monitor, which solidified the company's leadership position in LED technology. ViewSonic will continue to announce innovative, energy-efficient display products that use LED lighting in the coming months, including 3D LED displays.

ViewSonic remains committed to commercial partners who have standardized on specific CCFL displays, and will continue to produce those until the demand for them subsides.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

naram-sin

System Name Valkyrie II
Processor AMD Phenom II X6 1055T
Motherboard Asus M5A97 PRO
Cooling Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme
Memory 2 * 4GB CMX8GX3M2A2000C9
Video Card(s) nVidia GTX460 768 MB
Storage 1*WD1500HLFS + 1*WD10EARS + 2*WD20EARS RAID1
Display(s) Xerox 24"
Case Cooler Master HAF932
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC885 8ch
Power Supply Chieftex 650W modular
Software Windows 7 Ultimate x64
when you have nothing new to sell, sell everything :rolleyes:

System Name Old Skool
Processor E6750 @ 3.6 ghz
Motherboard GA P35 DS3L
Cooling Xigmatek Dark Knight S1283v
Memory 4gb Kingston DDR2 @ 900mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 9800GT 512MB
Storage SAMSUNG 320gb
Display(s) VIEWSONIC vx2260wm
Case HAF 922
Audio Device(s) Realtek (on board) + Logitech x540
Power Supply CM 550w
Software W7 Ultimate 64
Aw god, not this green nonsense again...

In all honesty, its just a ploy to sell more products. Why do you think Priuses sell that much even though they are ugly? :toast: People tend to flock to the green image, so...

Kitkat

i think its great my led back-lit monitor is BETTER than my old one... i know they use this green thing as marketing but we know LED is better anyway (obviously some a lil better than others) and it uses less energy by default (even if its only a side effect and they didn't MEAN to do it lol ) so they swung there add campaign toward one direction GREEN GREEN GREEN so lol. Plus that new design is A+ In X years LED wont be "green" anymore when everyone uses it.

WarEagleAU

Bird of Prey
System Name Pandemic 2020
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 "Gen 2" 2600X
Motherboard AsRock X470 Killer Promontory
Cooling CoolerMaster 240 RGB Master Cooler (Newegg Eggxpert)
Memory 32 GB Geil EVO Portenza DDR4 3200 MHz
Video Card(s) ASUS Radeon RX 580 DirectX 12 DUAL-RX580-O8G 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video C
Storage WD 250 M.2, Corsair P500 M.2, OCZ Trion 500, WD Black 1TB, Assorted others.
Display(s) ASUS MG24UQ Gaming Monitor - 23.6" 4K UHD (3840x2160) , IPS, Adaptive Sync, DisplayWidget
Case Fractal Define R6 C
Audio Device(s) Realtek 5.1 Onboard
Power Supply Corsair RMX 850 Platinum PSU (Newegg Eggxpert)
Mouse Razer Death Adder
Keyboard Corsair K95 Mechanical & Corsair K65 Wired, Wireless, Bluetooth)
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Having recently been at Target and seeing a Vizio LED, LCD and a Samsung LED and LCD side by side, I was not clued in to how brighter and more vivid the LED screens looked. Sure, I saw them in the stores but never side by side. I have to say I am in love with the LED picture and brightness and also the energy savings. However in all honesty, the monitor really does not use that much electricity. I leave my PC on most of the time (torrents and what not) and my monitor is always off when not in use :)

System Name Aryzen / Sairikiki / Tesseract
Processor 5800x / i7 920@3.73 / 5800x
Motherboard Steel Legend B450M / GB EX58-UDP4 / Steel Legend B550M
Cooling Mugen 5 / Pure Rock / Glacier One 240
Memory Corsair Something 16 / Corsair Something 12 / G.Skill 32
Video Card(s) AMD 6800XT / AMD 6750XT / Sapphire 7800XT
Storage Way too many drives...
Display(s) LG 332GP850-B / Sony w800b / Sony X90J
Case EVOLV X / Carbide 540 / Carbide 280x
Audio Device(s) SB ZxR + GSP 500 / board / Denon X1700h + ELAC Uni-Fi 2 + Senn 6XX
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME GX-750 / Corsair HX750 / Seasonic Focus PX-650
Mouse G700 / none / G602
Keyboard G910
Software w11 64
Benchmark Scores I don't play benchmarks...
In all honesty, its just a ploy to sell more products. Why do you think Priuses sell that much even though they are ugly? :toast: People tend to flock to the green image, so...

Pardon? The Prius is one of the least ugly cars in Toyota's current lineup. :banghead:

So Viewsonic, LED-only models starting next year? Give us a LED-backlit, non-TN, 120Hz screen with DisplayPort already!

Only funny and kinda ironic thing is that pretty much ANY turbocharged diesel gets you much further than Prius. Or the TSI petrol engines that have small displacement (like 1.2), but huge power output (~105 HP). But that's another story.

Similar goes to LED technology. It's all great and i like it, but the whole marketing buzz around it is just plain annoying. I'm selling multimedia equipment and i can tell you how many ppl daily want to strictly have LED backlit LCD TV and nothing else. But they are not willing to pay 100-150 EUR extra for it compared to CCFL TV's. It's easy to be "green" if you have the money.
Otherwise you buy what you can for the money. Even if it's not all that green...

Processor i5-7600k
Motherboard ASRock Z170 Pro4
Cooling CM Hyper 212 EVO w/ AC MX-4
Memory 2x8GB DDR4 2400 Corsair LPX Vengeance 15-15-15-36
Video Card(s) MSI Twin Frozr 1070ti
Storage 240GB Corsair Force GT
Display(s) 23' Dell AW2310
Case Corsair 550D
Power Supply Seasonic SS-760XP2 Platinum
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Only funny and kinda ironic thing is that pretty much ANY turbocharged diesel gets you much further than Prius. Or the TSI petrol engines that have small displacement (like 1.2), but huge power output (~105 HP). But that's another story.

Similar goes to LED technology. It's all great and i like it, but the whole marketing buzz around it is just plain annoying. I'm selling multimedia equipment and i can tell you how many ppl daily want to strictly have LED backlit LCD TV and nothing else. But they are not willing to pay 100-150 EUR extra for it compared to CCFL TV's. It's easy to be "green" if you have the money.
Otherwise you buy what you can for the money. Even if it's not all that green...

Even though there are savings in energy costs, unless you plan on keeping the dam thing for a minimum of 4 or 5 years, that extra 150-200 will NEVER get offset by the energy savings. So, in essence, it is DEFINITELY a marketing ploy in order to charge a little more for the "green" label.

Processor i7-3770K
Motherboard Biostar Hi-Fi Z77
Cooling Swiftech H20 (w/Custom External Rad Enclosure)
Memory 16GB DDR3-2400Mhz
Video Card(s) Alienware GTX 1070
Storage 1TB Samsung 850 EVO
Display(s) 32" LG 1440p
Case Cooler Master 690 (w/Mods)
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium
Power Supply Corsair 750-TX
Mouse Logitech G5
Keyboard G. Skill Mechanical
Software Windows 10 (X64)
I really do like the way the new ViewSonics look. I've never been a huge ViewSonic fan but would definitely take a look at them the next time I need to upgrade.

"Having recently been at Target and seeing a Vizio LED, LCD and a Samsung LED and LCD side by side, I was not clued in to how brighter and more vivid the LED screens looked. Sure, I saw them in the stores but never side by side. I have to say I am in love with the LED picture and brightness and also the energy savings."

Brightness does not make a better display. There are a lot of games played with displays at retail. Many times the brightness is exaggerated on the one brand of display that the manufacturer is giving incentives (bonus) to the the store for that month. Properly adjusted there is little difference in brightness or quality between a fluorescent and LED backlit display, in my opinion. Sure, you can listen to the people who are trying to sell you something when they are talking about how much better it is. Or the people who have bought into it and want to justify their decision.

They are all LCDs by the way. There is no such thing as LCD vs LED. It's the backlighting, Fluorescent vs LED.

Why do you think Priuses sell that much even though they are ugly?

I have never driven one but I have heard rave reviews from everyone I know that has. I've been told it is an all around great car (in addition to being efficient). I didn't really like the way they looked at first but they have grown on me.

Last edited:
System Name beast
Processor 3930K
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-X79-UD3
Cooling Noctua NH-U12P SE2011
Memory 16GB Kingston Value DDR3 1333Mhz CL9
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Aorus Elite RTX3060 12GB
Storage 1x 120GB Intel 520 and some spinny bois
Display(s) 3x DELL S2721DGF
Case Antec P182
Power Supply Corsair 750w
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 10
when they say go green, they actually mean, they want to see the 'green' go from your wallet into their grubby mits :roll:

Many people WOWed at LED-lit displays due to the blue-tinted colour. Most people find bluish white "whiter" than D65.