• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Solution for Directx has encountered an unrecoverable error [all games]

phenomenon1991

System Name Brijeski-PC
Processor AMD Athlon LE-1640 2.70 ghz
Memory 2GB
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon HD 4650 1GB DDR2
Storage WD 250GB
Display(s) BENQ V772
Audio Device(s) Realtek HD Audio
Software Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
So let's start with these steps:

1. Make sure you updated Directx9 here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&displaylang=en

2. Download the latest ATI or Nvidia drivers (for ATI cards drivers is important to have Catalyst Control Center)
here for ATI: ATI http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx
here for Nvidia: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

3. Restart your PC after these 2 steps.

4. Right click on desktop--->Screen Resolution--->Advanced Settings--->Troubleshoot---> here in troubleshoot some people can't set these options...
For those who can, lower the hardware acceleration to minimum and untick the Write Combining---> Restart PC

For those who doesn't have these options....go to your card control center (for ATI catalyst control center) the find the options for lower down the quality settings (3D, video settings, and all of other similar settings lower down to minimum)...make sure you check ALL options in control center to minimum !!!! If you find an option to allow hardware acceleration untick it!!!

Here are SCREENSHOTS

Picture shows that you can't edit these options here, so you must check options below

For Nvidia graphics this soultion is almost the same...make sure you check all options...!!

5. Restart your computer !!

Please reply to this post if I helped you or not, so I can know if it's working for sure...Thanks :roll:

P.S. If you need my help conact me on my MSN: goran.brijeski@live.com

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
Please stop posting the same information in multiple threads. You can use this thread for whatever you want to post on the subject.

phenomenon1991

System Name Brijeski-PC
Processor AMD Athlon LE-1640 2.70 ghz
Memory 2GB
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon HD 4650 1GB DDR2
Storage WD 250GB
Display(s) BENQ V772
Audio Device(s) Realtek HD Audio
Software Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
sry but it's just beacuse my posts are getting older, so people will fint it harder

I just want to help other people, with this permanent fix...sryy, it wont happen again ;)