• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

LaCie Delivers Next Generation 24'' Display with a Premium IPS Panel

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
LaCie today announced the latest addition to its line of professional displays, the LaCie 324i - featuring a 10-bit P-IPS LCD panel. An ideal monitor for prepress, illustration, web design, and photographic workflows, the LaCie 324i delivers uniform and accurate colors thanks to its wide gamuts and backlight stabilization.

The LaCie 324i P-IPS panel offers a realistic presentation without discoloration or inconvenient pattern distortions. Distinguished by its impressive gamut spectrum, the LaCie 324i color is rated at 102% NTSC and 98% Adobe RGB. With wide gamuts that are not disturbed by irregular patterns, digital artists can rely on true colors that maintain the integrity of their work.

"For years, LaCie has designed monitors for digital artists who demand color precision," said Ahcene Tirane, LaCie Product Manager for Displays. "From concept to creation, LaCie developed the 324i with the highest level of color accuracy, and with a firm belief that when professionals have a tool that enhances their workflow, they can deliver their best work."

Enhanced Workflow
Designed for versatility in any office or studio, the LaCie 324i 178° viewing angle provides the same visual experience and quality from numerous axes, without distorting the picture or losing color. Further, its anti-glare panel guarantees that you will not have to worry about unwanted reflections often found on glossy panels.

With 24 inches of usable workspace and a native 1920x1200 resolution, users can enjoy two projects at once, with room for toolbars and palettes. If Landscape is not the desired display mode, simply pivot the LaCie 324i 90° to Portrait mode. The multifunction stand glides effortlessly when raising, lowering, swiveling, tilting, or pivoting the display.

Additionally, the 324i comes with a 3-year Gold Protection Plan that includes a robust 3-year advance care warranty. If you experience a problem, LaCie will ship a replacement monitor immediately - so you never have to worry about downtime.

Absolute Accuracy
In addition to its 1000:1 contrast ratio and backlight stabilization - for the brightest whites and darkest blacks - the LaCie 324i can be further enhanced with the optional LaCie blue eye calibration tool. The included software also provides prepress professionals with the option to enhance soft proofing accuracy using test and report features approved by UGRA (the Swiss Center of Competence for Media and Printing Technology).

Enhanced Connectivity
The LaCie 324i has four display and video inputs, making it compatible with most computers and video devices. Use DisplayPort or DVI-D for connecting the monitor to a computer and HDMI or component for video sources. The 324i also has three USB 2.0 ports for a convenient USB hub to your computer. All cables are neatly arranged in the 324i's handy cable manager.

Availability
The LaCie 324i P-IPS LCD Monitor is available from the LaCie Store Online or through LaCie Color Partner and LaCie Reseller+, starting at the suggested retail price of $1,249.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

ebolamonkey3

System Name Norbert
Processor Intel Core i7 920
Motherboard Gigabyte X58A-UD5
Cooling Corsair H50 with 2x Scythe GT AP-14
Memory 3x 2gb G.Skill 1600Mhz C9 DDR3
Video Card(s) MSI Twin Frozr II GTX 465 GE & EVGA GTS 450 SC
Storage 2x 1Tb Samsung Sprinpoint F3 7200rpm
Display(s) Dell U3011, Dell 2408WFP, Samsung 2693HM
Case Lian Li V1020R
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium
Power Supply Seasonic X-750
Software Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
Soo expensive QQ

You can almost get a HP ZR30W for that much.

Processor i7 8700K
Motherboard MSI Z370 Gaming Plus
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S + NF-A12x25 PWM + 4xNF-A14 PWM
Memory 16 GB Adata XPG Dazzle DDR4 3000 MHz CL16
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 1070 Ti Gaming 8G
Storage Samsung 970 EVO Plus, Samsung 850 Evo
Display(s) Samsung C24FG73 144Hz 1080p
Case Fractal Design Meshify C
Audio Device(s) Steelseries Arctis 3
Power Supply Superflower Leadex II Gold 650W
Mouse Steelseries Rival 600
Keyboard Steelseries Apex 7
Software Windows 11 Pro
Beautiful! I used to work on a LaCie 20" CRT back in the days when I was an employee at a newspaper (glad I made it out and do fine by myself). The price seem a little high, given that Dell has a IPS at 27" and higher resolution at 1000 Euros, and it's very much the love of reviewers everywhere.

NEC also have some nice model, P-IPS also... but even if IPS is cheaper now, it's still too expensive. Maybe next year... when I'll have a video card able to drive properly a 1080p+ resolution.

wolf

Performance Enthusiast
System Name MightyX
Processor Ryzen 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro WiFi
Cooling Scythe Fuma 2
Memory 32GB DDR4 3600 CL16
Video Card(s) Asus TUF RTX3080 Deshrouded
Storage WD Black SN850X 2TB
Display(s) LG 42C2 4K OLED
Case Coolermaster NR200P
Audio Device(s) LG SN5Y / Focal Clear
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Mouse Corsair Dark Core RBG Pro SE
Keyboard Glorious GMMK Compact w/pudding
VR HMD Meta Quest 3
Software case populated with Artic P12's
Benchmark Scores 4k120 OLED Gsync bliss
damn IPS monitors are so expensive... wish I could afford one. toyo you make a good point too about the 27" dell.

Processor i7 8700K
Software Windows 11 Pro
I have a friend who owns a 24" H-IPS Philips 240PW9ES... just for his pleasure, photography and stuff, no professional use. He is so disappointed that wanted for months to sell it (couldn't, no one understood why IPS worth so much more than a equivalent TN... gamer culture here in my country). He couldn't sell even at less than half-price, monitor was under a year old, and with warranty/documents.

His eyes were set on the Dell UltraSharp U2711... he was desperate to get it, even if at the 1000 USD price it was way out of his reach... couldn't get his credit card extension so no monitor, sadly. However, I'm kinda happy for him since he never really needed it and if bought, it would have put the guy through much financial problems.

So that's how I met the killer 27" from Dell. I covet it too, as a designer, I also need it (I work on a calibrated TN, no problem, as I know where to stand and how to look and move the graphics so I see the colours at full TN beauty, sigh). I could buy the Dell tomorrow, but then why would I spend all my money on it? Just look at them IPSs how cheap they become. In 1-2 years we will have them at 500 USD.

So have patience, friends...

Processor i7-3770K
Motherboard Biostar Hi-Fi Z77
Cooling Swiftech H20 (w/Custom External Rad Enclosure)
Memory 16GB DDR3-2400Mhz
Video Card(s) Alienware GTX 1070
Storage 1TB Samsung 850 EVO
Display(s) 32" LG 1440p
Case Cooler Master 690 (w/Mods)
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium
Power Supply Corsair 750-TX
Mouse Logitech G5
Keyboard G. Skill Mechanical
Software Windows 10 (X64)
I don't know, I really like the prices on those Dells too but the reviews appear to be So-So. Maybe they are using cheaper panels and that is why they are so much cheaper?

Wrigleyvillain

PTFO or GTFO
System Name DarkStar
Processor i5 3570K 4.4Ghz
Motherboard Asrock Z77 Extreme 3
Cooling Apogee HD White/XSPC Razer blocks
Memory 8GB Samsung Green 1600
Video Card(s) 2 x GTX 670 4GB
Storage 2 x 120GB Samsung 830
Display(s) 27" QNIX
Case Enthoo Pro
Power Supply Seasonic Platinum 760
Mouse Steelseries Sensei
Keyboard Ducky Pro MX Black
Software Windows 8.1 x64
Yeah it's partly the overpriced IPS but LaCie has always been higher-end (read: higher-priced) and even targeted towards graphics and imaging pros. This doesn't seem to be much different. As to whether those folks absolutely need to spend that much is debatable.

Fun Fact: LaCie phone support was my first real tech job back in '97! Ah, the good old days. :)

Fun Fact 2: I am on my old Mac and typing this on a LaCie 22" Electron Blue III CRT. Still alive and kicking after all these years. These things were like a grand in their day!

Processor i7 8700K
Software Windows 11 Pro
When at the newspaper, we really needed the LaCie (we also had other pro stuff, but LaCie was top notch). We had a pretty old and bad rotary press (even if we were the largest newspaper in the West of the country), and pics were bad due to quick, journalism-type photography and bad, uncalibrated Apple Cinema monitors.
After calibration, the LaCie was a life saver and I quickly replaced the Cinema Display that came with the Dual G5 we were using (nice stuff back in the day, when dual cores were pretty unknown). I seldom do colour critical work nowadays, but even so I miss my old LaCie, it was perfectly usable for proofing... I hope this is the English term.
So I have much faith in the models they label as pro... but evidently, a few years can change much in the orientation of an enterprise (can't forget Iiyama - went from full pro to consumer) and quality of their products.

System Name My pc
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard Asus Rog b450-f
Cooling Cooler master 120mm aio
Memory 16gb ddr4 3200mhz
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 3x 3070
Storage 2tb intel nvme and 2tb generic ssd
Display(s) Generic dell 1080p overclocked to 75hz
Case Phanteks enthoo
Power Supply 650w of borderline fire hazard
Mouse Some wierd Chinese vertical mouse
Keyboard Generic mechanical keyboard
Software Windows ten
When at the newspaper, we really needed the LaCie (we also had other pro stuff, but LaCie was top notch). We had a pretty old and bad rotary press (even if we were the largest newspaper in the West of the country), and pics were bad due to quick, journalism-type photography and bad, uncalibrated Apple Cinema monitors.
After calibration, the LaCie was a life saver and I quickly replaced the Cinema Display that came with the Dual G5 we were using (nice stuff back in the day, when dual cores were pretty unknown). I seldom do colour critical work nowadays, but even so I miss my old LaCie, it was perfectly usable for proofing... I hope this is the English term.
So I have much faith in the models they label as pro... but evidently, a few years can change much in the orientation of an enterprise (can't forget Iiyama - went from full pro to consumer) and quality of their products.

Aye quality went down from pro, but they're still great consumer level monitors, much better than samsungs/lg and the other usual stuff.

Wrigleyvillain

PTFO or GTFO
System Name DarkStar
Processor i5 3570K 4.4Ghz
Motherboard Asrock Z77 Extreme 3
Cooling Apogee HD White/XSPC Razer blocks
Memory 8GB Samsung Green 1600
Video Card(s) 2 x GTX 670 4GB
Storage 2 x 120GB Samsung 830
Display(s) 27" QNIX
Case Enthoo Pro
Power Supply Seasonic Platinum 760
Mouse Steelseries Sensei
Keyboard Ducky Pro MX Black
Software Windows 8.1 x64

I hear all that. Though as a general IT guy who has to move stations around far too often let me tell you flat panel displays saved my life (and my back!).

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
Additionally, the 324i comes with a 3–year Gold Protection Plan that includes a robust 3–year advance care warranty. If you experience a problem, LaCie will ship a replacement monitor immediately – so you never have to worry about downtime.

^ that is probably why its so expensive

WarEagleAU

Bird of Prey
System Name Pandemic 2020
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 "Gen 2" 2600X
Motherboard AsRock X470 Killer Promontory
Cooling CoolerMaster 240 RGB Master Cooler (Newegg Eggxpert)
Memory 32 GB Geil EVO Portenza DDR4 3200 MHz
Video Card(s) ASUS Radeon RX 580 DirectX 12 DUAL-RX580-O8G 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video C
Storage WD 250 M.2, Corsair P500 M.2, OCZ Trion 500, WD Black 1TB, Assorted others.
Display(s) ASUS MG24UQ Gaming Monitor - 23.6" 4K UHD (3840x2160) , IPS, Adaptive Sync, DisplayWidget
Case Fractal Define R6 C
Audio Device(s) Realtek 5.1 Onboard
Power Supply Corsair RMX 850 Platinum PSU (Newegg Eggxpert)
Mouse Razer Death Adder
Keyboard Corsair K95 Mechanical & Corsair K65 Wired, Wireless, Bluetooth)
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Very nice but damn IPS panels being more expensive. Id like one to have an HDMI connector. They do look more beautiful on color than their TN counterparts.

NeSeNVi

Only 98% Adobe RGB on IPS panel? Some TN can show 100% nowadays... like Samsung PX2370. Some could say: "hey, only 2% of difference", but it's more important than you think for
illustration and photographic
professional works... or I am wrong:)

Only 98% Adobe RGB on IPS panel? Some TN can show 100% nowadays... like Samsung PX2370. Some could say: "hey, only 2% of difference", but it's more important than you think for professional works... or I am wrong:)

You may be wrong. A simple percentage number doesn't give us a lot of information about the colour gamut. Colour gamut is best displayed with a 3D model, displays can have the same size but different shape.