• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

X800 Pro VIVO to XT Success Rate?

E

evilally

I'm thinking of getting one of these to mod to 16p. I can buy one that is boxed as "non VIVO" but it is in fact a VIVO with 1.6ns memory (ATI brand). I was wondering if it's the same 50/50 odds of success as with previous radeons? Thanks.

pablofrogo

If it's a non-VIVO don't buy it.. Spend more to get a guaranteed VIVO card, ALL VIVO cards have 1.6 memory, and most of the clock at least to XT speeds.

This post confuses me.

If it's a guaranteed VIVO, then success rate to XT is very high, even the clock speeds are very likely to even beat XTs.

E

evilally

What I mean is that the card is physically a VIVO model, but it is packaged and sold as a vanilla version. Some other people on this board have seen the same thing, apparently it occasionally happens. The card I'm thinking of buying is like this. If the chances are very high like you say it might be a good buy.

papashex

Both myself and another member here had "non-vivo" cards with all the appropriate vivo components. His had the laser cut on the GPU, mine did not. That seems to be the key and the source for the 50/50 success rate. Can't tell untill you've got the card and removed HSF.

I don't know if it is possible to bridge the cut.