• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ZOWIE Announces Celeritas Gaming Keyboard

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Being skilled at a game will only get you as far as your equipment allows. At ZOWIE GEAR we try to develop equipment that will push or completely remove these limitations, so the skills of each individual gamer can be expressed freely. Our current range of competitive gaming products includes mouse pads, headsets, mice and peripherals. We are very proud of these products, as we believe they have helped set new standards of quality and performance within the competitive gaming segment. The keyboard is a key factor in different competitive gaming titles, where response-time and the ability to move freely is essential to increase the gamers' performance. It was only a matter of time until we would put our attention on developing a keyboard; with that being said, we are extremely happy with the outcome of our new keyboard for competitive gaming.

Developing competitive gaming gear which satisfies a wide variety of gamers through different types of games such as FPS, RTS and Racing games is a challenge. To overcome the challenges, we teamed up with professional players of Counter-Strike (FPS), Starcraft (RTS) and Kartrider (Racing), in order to develop a keyboard which allows for fast and efficient usage. With special thanks to Abdisamad 'SpawN' Mohamed, Young Ho 'Flash' Lee and Ho Jun 'Ho-Jun' Moon, we introduce to you the ZOWIE CELERITAS.

As a competitive gaming keyboard, the ZOWIE CELERITAS was developed focusing on performance enhancement and functionality. The CELERITAS features 18K gold-plated brown mechanical switches for increased durability and pressure feeling, nylon key caps for a better comfort feeling at the touch of your fingers, and last but not least, a simplified, yet strong black design.

The primary feature of the ZOWIE CELERITAS is the newly developed ZOWIE RTR (Real Time Response) technology which allows the user to define the repeat-response of their presses to be 1x, 2x, 4x or 8x of the normal repeat-response for a keyboard when using the PS/2 connector. RTR allows gamers to gain a higher responsiveness from their keys and thereby increase the pace of movement in FPS and Racing games or possibly even increase the APM in RTS. How fast do you like it to be? We give you the possibility so you can define your most comfortable repeat-response.

With an actual response-time of only 0,2 seconds, the ZOWIE CELERITAS has the fastest response-time of any mechanical keyboard currently on the market. Furthermore it features anti-ghosting, supporting all keys through PS/2 and 6 keys through USB. For your information, the definition of a "normal response-time" for a keyboard is 0,5 seconds.

A lot of gamers are annoyed by the left windows key when playing games. Young Ho 'Flash' Lee reminded us of this, and suggested that we'd make another Ctrl instead of just disabling it. We were able to make it a function, so you can define it as either windows or ctrl. By defining this feature, RTS-gamers are able to perform multi-pressing and increase their reach with an additional 3-4 keys.

"When playing Counter-Strike, the ability to move smoothly is as important as aim", says Abdisamad 'SpawN' Mohamed and continues, "with the ZOWIE CELERITAS I can perform complicated maneuvers such as duckjump without failing. I play with 8x responsiveness and it works very well."

"The keyboard is a vital piece of equipment, especially for Starcraft. It needs to be very durable and responsive, as you need to reach a higher APM in this type of game than any other games", says Young Ho 'Flash' Lee and continues, "I have been using the ZOWIE CELERITAS for about 4 months and the RTR technology has allowed me to improve my APM. I suggested to make the left windows key function as ctrl and I am happy to see that ZOWIE has listened. This will help many gamers to avoid annoying mistakes."

"The keyboard is the most important piece of equipment for KartRider because we need a sensitive keyboard in order to perform swift and precise angle-driving. With the ZOWIE CELERITAS RTR technology I am only limited by my own reactions," says Ho Jun "Ho-Jun" Moon and continues, "after trying the ZOWIE CELERITAS for the first time, I didn't want to change again. It just felt like the perfect keyboard for me, and I won my 6th championship title after only 3 days of practice with the keyboard."

Features of ZOWIE CELERITAS
General functions
  • 6 keys Anti-Ghosting through USB
  • 18K Gold Plated mechanical switches and USB connectors
  • Ability to change the "Windows"-key to "Ctrl"
  • Multimedia controls
  • Highly durable metal inner chassis
  • Ergonomic design saves space and offer full comfort during use
  • Connector: USB / PS2 (by USB to PS2 converter)
  • Cable Length: 1.8m / 5.8 ft.

PS/2 functions
  • Full Anti-Ghosting with PS/2
  • ZOWIE RTR technology provides 4 levels of repeat-response (normal, 2x, 4x, 8x) - PS/2

Availability: Beginning of December 2010.
MSRP: 119,90 EUR

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Looks very average and i hate high keys (i prefer the flat ones now). But some want full mechanical that is focused on gaming...

System Name Mr. Reliable
Processor Ryzen R9 5950x
Motherboard MSI Meg X570s Ace Max
Cooling D5 Pump, Singularity Top/Res, 2x360mm EK P rads, EK Magnitude/Alphacool Blocks
Memory 32Gb (4x8Gb) Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600Mhz @ 16/19/20/36 1.35v
Video Card(s) MSI 3080ti with Alphacool Block
Storage 2 x Corsair Force MP400 1TB Nvme; 2 x T-Force Cardea Z340; 2 x Mushkin Reactor 1TB
Display(s) Acer 32" Z321QU 2560x1440; LG 34GP83A-B 34" 3440x1440
Case Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic XL; Synology DS218j w/ 2 x 2TB WD Red
Audio Device(s) SteelSeries Arctis Pro+
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 850G3
Mouse Razer Basilisk V2
Keyboard Das Keyboard 6; Razer Orbweaver Chroma
Software Windows 10 Pro
No Backlighting = FAIL.

newfellow

System Name ID
Processor Q9450 ~3.74Ghz
Motherboard ASUS-P5E
Cooling Air
Memory G.Skill CL4-8GB
Video Card(s) ATI/Geforce 5850/9800
Storage A-lot
Display(s) BenQ G2400WT
Case 900
Audio Device(s) Shitty ASUS FX;P
Power Supply OCZ GXS 850W
Software -
Benchmark Scores too many machines to spec
at 90s this might of sure beat the keytronic, but damn this one looks bad with high keys. :laugh:

System Name White Boy
Processor Core i7 3770k @4.6 Ghz
Motherboard ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe
Cooling CORSAIR H100
Memory CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB @ 2177
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 680 CLASSIEFIED @ 1250 Core
Storage 2 Samsung 830 256 GB (Raid 0) 1 Hitachi 4 TB
Display(s) 1 Dell 30U11 30"
Case BIT FENIX Prodigy
Audio Device(s) none
Power Supply SeaSonic X750 Gold 750W Modular
Software Windows Pro 7 64 bit || Ubuntu 64 Bit
Benchmark Scores 2017 Unigine Heaven :: P37239 3D Mark Vantage
I've never heard of the brand called ZOWIE, is this a name brand in Europe.

This hardly seems like a gamers keyboard to me. More of a general use keyboard with some game-friendly features on the side.

System Name HAL9000
Processor i5 3750k @ stock
Motherboard Asus P8Z77-V LX
Cooling Corsair H80i
Memory Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz
Video Card(s) Sapphire 7970 Vapor-X GHz 3GB
Storage Samsung Evo 850 256GB
Display(s) BenQ XL2411T @ 144Hz
Case anidees AI6BW
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar D2X
Power Supply Corsair TX650M
Software W10 64bit
About Zowie - It's a gaming peripheral company such as Steelseries or Razer except it's quite new and it's owned or run (not quite sure) by HeatoN and SpawN is somehow related into it all as well.

The problem about this keyboard is that it costs the same (if not more) than the Razer's BlackWidow Ultimate and Steelseries 7G. It would be okay for Razer to set a price this high because someone will buy it but cmon, Zowie have been around for like a year. Nobody knows them so why would people get some 'unknown' brand over Razer or Steelseries considering that the keyboards cost the same? I'm sure someone will take the leap of faith but I would say if you asked 100 average gamers to pick a keyboard out of these 3 then about 80 - 90% of the gamers would either go for Steelseries or Razer.

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/5za05v
PS/2, really? So they somehow claim that should be better/faster than USB and have less ghosting, that makes no sense at all...

Oh and they also have a really fugly headset, that's where I remembered the name from...

SabreWulf69

System Name GET FUCKED
Processor GET FUCKED
Motherboard GET FUCKED
Cooling GET FUCKED
Memory GET FUCKED
Video Card(s) GET FUCKED
Storage GET FUCKED
Display(s) GET FUCKED
Case GET FUCKED
Audio Device(s) GET FUCKED
Power Supply GET FUCKED
Software GET FUCKED
Benchmark Scores GET FUCKED
Yeah, will be personally getting the Razer BlackWidow Ultimate :) Still very happy with my decision.

System Name Current
Processor i5 2500k @ 4.5
Motherboard ASRock Z77 Extreme4
Cooling Xigmatek Gaia
Memory 2x4G G-skill Sniper
Video Card(s) GTX 680
Storage 128 Crucial M4, 1 TB Seagate Baracuda
Display(s) Shimian Achieva 27"
Case Corsair 400R
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsais HX-620
Software Windows 7
PS/2, really? So they somehow claim that should be better/faster than USB and have less ghosting, that makes no sense at all...

Oh and they also have a really fugly headset, that's where I remembered the name from...

USB can't send more than 6 keys at once, ps2 can send every key at once.

Yeah, will be personally getting the Razer BlackWidow Ultimate :) Still very happy with my decision.

I'm looking into that as well, waiting for release and first reviews to see if there are any controller issues with it.

System Name _Speedforce_ (Successor to Strike-X, 4LI3NBR33D-H, Core-iH7 & Nemesis-H)
Processor Intel Core i9 7980XE (Lapped) @ 5.2Ghz With XSPC Raystorm (Lapped)
Motherboard Asus Rampage VI Extreme (XSPC Watercooled) - Custom Heatsinks (Lapped)
Cooling XSPC Custom Water Cooling + Custom Air Cooling (From Delta 220's TFB1212GHE to Spal 30101504&5)
Memory 8x 8Gb G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4266MHz @ 4667Mhz (2x F4-4266C17Q-32GTZR)
Video Card(s) 3x Asus GTX1080 Ti (Lapped) With Customised EK Waterblock (Lapped) + Custom heatsinks (Lapped)
Storage 1x Samsung 970 EVO 2TB - 2280 (Hyper M.2 x16 Card), 7x Samsung 860 Pro 4Tb
Display(s) 6x Asus ROG Swift PG348Q
Case Aerocool Strike X (Modified)
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound BlasterX AE-5 & Aurvana XFi Headphones
Power Supply 2x Corsair AX1500i With Custom Sheilding, Custom Switching Unit. Braided Cables.
Mouse Razer Copperhead + R.A.T 9
Keyboard Ideazon Zboard + Optimus Maximus. Logitech G13.
Software w10 Pro x64.
Benchmark Scores pppft, gotta see it to believe it. . .
I like the fact that this keyboard can handle more key presses at once compared to your every day Razer or Ideazon. This is becoming more and more an issue in half decent games these days and being limited to 6 kinda sucks (unless your playing 4 directional games like counter strike lol).
Other then that feature, i have to admit that i would rather a 1982 version, atleast its beige and would make me feel oldschool. The LED on the F button would annoy me and shows how little effort this company put into the lighting concept on this keyboard.
High keys equal more finger work equals buy another keyboard.
I wouldn't even bother testing this keyboard, its utterly useless for me.

Maybe it suits someone i don't know. One of my mates has an ugly 1980's keyboard that he swears by and when he saw this keyboard he was turned off. haha

Wile E

Power User
System Name The ClusterF**k
Processor 980X @ 4Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 BIOS F12
Cooling MCR-320, DDC-1 pump w/Bitspower res top (1/2" fittings), Koolance CPU-360
Memory 3x2GB Mushkin Redlines 1600Mhz 6-8-6-24 1T
Video Card(s) Evga GTX 580
Storage Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB, 2xSeagate 320GB RAID0; 2xSeagate 3TB; 2xSamsung 2TB; Samsung 1.5TB
Display(s) HP LP2475w 24" 1920x1200 IPS
Case Technofront Bench Station
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte into Onkyo SR606 and Polk TSi200's + RM6750
Power Supply ENERMAX Galaxy EVO EGX1250EWT 1250W
Software Win7 Ultimate N x64, OSX 10.8.4
looks like a regular crappy keyboard with an F9 key that has an LED on it

Which is infinitely better than the huge, blingy, LCD laden, adolescent targeted typical garbage we tend to see listed as "gamer" keyboards. You can have all that flashy crap, I'll take function over form, tyvm.

PS/2 DOES have less ghosting, and more simultaneous key presses than USB.

By saying "18K gold-plated brown mechanical switches", I assume they mean Cherry MX Browns, or a clone thereof? So Tactile, non-clicky? And are there any higher res pictures of the boards?

Last edited: