• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[Case Gallery] Project 1/2 Brother

L

levelX

To view this case mod, go here.

Specs:
ASUS Crosshair IV Formula, AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition Overclock to 3.77GHz (Turbo enable to 4.1 GHz), Crucial SSD 128GB Sata III (OS), Hitachi Deskstar 1TB (Games, Music, Videos & Document Files), Corsair H50 Water Cooling, G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB DDR3, HT|OMEGA Claro Halo Soundcard, Lite-ON 12X Blu-ray Burner, 2X Gigabyte Radeon HD 5870 (CrossFire), ABS Majesty 1100W power supply.

Mods:
The interior of the Cooler Master Stacker 830 case was painted black by spraying primer, base coat and clear coating. I also airbrushed any hard to spray areas. The result of the paint was stunning. That, however, will be my first and last time that I will paint. The paint materials were too expensive ($$$ or ££). The motherboard tray was modified by adding extra holes and grommets to protect and manage the cable wirings. To keep the color scheme , I removed all the stock fans and replaced them with 6X Rosewill 120mm Red LED case fans. Cable Management and cables are all sleeved.

Thanks for viewing my project and for the votes. Please don't hesitate to leave any comment / suggestions. The feedback will assist me in building more effective models.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

mr.wreckless

Great job on the paint and the cable management. Keep up the good work!!

NIce!

some people want good hardware and other will give you a low score for not doing a lot of mods, so it seems that you cant win here. so im going around giving out tens to make up for all the dam dirty apes "trollers" out there! :) 10/10 for me!

SabreWulf69

System Name GET FUCKED
Processor GET FUCKED
Motherboard GET FUCKED
Cooling GET FUCKED
Memory GET FUCKED
Video Card(s) GET FUCKED
Storage GET FUCKED
Display(s) GET FUCKED
Case GET FUCKED
Audio Device(s) GET FUCKED
Power Supply GET FUCKED
Software GET FUCKED
Benchmark Scores GET FUCKED

gunsmoke

System Name OLD SCHOOL
Processor E6300 1.8 Gig
Motherboard ASUS P5VD2-X rev 0501
Cooling air
Memory 1 x 512 ddr2 1 x 1024 dd2
Video Card(s) ATI hd 3870 PCI-E
Storage 200 Gig ide/ 160 ide / 80 ide / 160 sata
Display(s) samsung
Case Thermaltake Armor Case VA8000
Audio Device(s) on bored
Power Supply 560w silverstone
Software win 7 32 bit
Benchmark Scores no time for benchmarking
some people want good hardware and other will give you a low score for not doing a lot of mods, so it seems that you cant win here. so im going around giving out tens to make up for all the dam dirty apes "trollers" out there! :) 10/10 for me!

+1
If i like the rig i vote 10 as for Hardware if it has more punch than what i have it must be good.
Compared two what i have running

L

levelX

mr.wreckless, stazorm, SabreWulf69 AND gunsmoke, thanks for your support. Originally, my dream PC was an Intel i7 Golftown processor, ASUS Rampage MB and two ATI 5970. Due to budget and a little one coming into this world (baby), I can only afford 1/2 the cost of my version of the dream PC. That's the reason I named my PC project 1/2 Brother. This PC definitely packs a punch, but it's not going to compete with the same level as the Intel i7 980x. In my opinion, two ATI 5970 was an overkill because of the cost vs performance. But I am not knocking it, if you have the money then by all means go for it. Again, thank you guys for the support.

Wile E

Power User
System Name The ClusterF**k
Processor 980X @ 4Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 BIOS F12
Cooling MCR-320, DDC-1 pump w/Bitspower res top (1/2" fittings), Koolance CPU-360
Memory 3x2GB Mushkin Redlines 1600Mhz 6-8-6-24 1T
Video Card(s) Evga GTX 580
Storage Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB, 2xSeagate 320GB RAID0; 2xSeagate 3TB; 2xSamsung 2TB; Samsung 1.5TB
Display(s) HP LP2475w 24" 1920x1200 IPS
Case Technofront Bench Station
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte into Onkyo SR606 and Polk TSi200's + RM6750
Power Supply ENERMAX Galaxy EVO EGX1250EWT 1250W
Software Win7 Ultimate N x64, OSX 10.8.4
Not bad. I need to dremel out the mobo tray on my Stacker one of these days. Been planning to do it forever, but have just ever got around to it. It holds my server, so I'm reluctant to risk lond downtime in case I screw something up. lol.

Although I do have to comment that, for the money you spent on the 1090T and Crosshair, you could've built an i7 system, which would have OCed better and performed better in most tasks. Still a very solid build tho.

What kind of primer did you use?

L

levelX

Not bad. I need to dremel out the mobo tray on my Stacker one of these days. Been planning to do it forever, but have just ever got around to it. It holds my server, so I'm reluctant to risk lond downtime in case I screw something up. lol.

Although I do have to comment that, for the money you spent on the 1090T and Crosshair, you could've built an i7 system, which would have OCed better and performed better in most tasks. Still a very solid build tho.

What kind of primer did you use?

Hi Wile E, to answer your question, I used three Sherwin Williams GBP-988 primer rattle cans for the entire project. You can't go wrong with it, it sticks to the aluminum surface and won't peel like other primers. You are right about the performance of the Intel i7 systems, but six cores was the reasoned I wanted to built my system. Due to the expense of the Intel i7 980X and Asus Rampage board, I managed to go with AMD. This is my first AMD build and I love it, like you said, it still a very solid build.