• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Fallout 3 GoTY at super bargain price

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
System Name Quantumville™
Processor Intel Core i7-2700K @ 4GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB (2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Black DDR3 PC3-12800 C9 1600MHz)
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming X Trio
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | WD Black 4TB | WD Blue 6TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Case Cooler Master HAF 922
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty PCIe
Power Supply Corsair AX1600i
Mouse Microsoft Intellimouse Pro - Black Shadow
Keyboard Yes
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
However, I do understand why COD players wouldn't like the game as it is more of a complicated game when you take in account the whole survival element of the game and they would probably be spooked out when they play the game and end up in the bottom of a vault with a gun(s) with no ammo and a load of insane vault residents with lead pipes, knifes and swords. :D

Sounds "thrilling" aka scared shitless. :laugh:

And thanks for the tips. :toast: I've added the patch to the OP.

crazyeyesreaper

Not a Moderator
Staff member
System Name Old reliable
Processor Intel 8700K @ 4.8 GHz
Motherboard MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
Cooling Custom Water
Memory 32 GB Crucial Ballistix 3666 MHz
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
Storage 3x SSDs 2x HDDs
Display(s) Dell U2412M + Samsung TA350
Case Thermaltake Core P3 TG
Audio Device(s) Samson Meteor Mic / Generic 2.1 / KRK KNS 6400 headset
Power Supply Zalman EBT-1000
Mouse Mionix NAOS 7000
Keyboard Mionix
YOU DO REALIZE that if you turn off AUTO RUN for the optical disc drives and install the game manually via the setup exe on the disc Fallout3 will NOT install DRM

the DRM on Fallout 3 is only installed if you do an install that is triggered with Autorun

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Keyboard Yes
Serious? I'm very surprised at this. Good news though. :)

crazyeyesreaper

Not a Moderator
Staff member
System Name Old reliable
Cooling Custom Water
Storage 3x SSDs 2x HDDs
Mouse Mionix NAOS 7000
Keyboard Mionix
yea might not be true on the Goty edition but on my old regular Fo3 retail copy theres no DRM if you turn off autorun for the ODD then again i always disable autorun so yea...

Stak

System Name nGigabyte GTX-58 Blue Flash
Processor Intel Core I7 920 @3.885 (3.7 with turbo)
Motherboard Gigayte EX-58 UD3R
Cooling Scythe Mugen 2
Memory Kingston Value Ram DDR3 @1800 Mhz 6Gb
Video Card(s) MSI N470GTX OC 751/1501
Storage WD 640 GB 7200 rpm
Display(s) LG Flatron LW207
Case Antec 902 with cooler master extra side panel fan(blue led)
Audio Device(s) on board HD
Power Supply Cooler Master gold 800W
Software Win 7 64 bit
Benchmark Scores Above avg
just completed The Pitt dlc... and what a borig one is it -_- almost fell asleep. maybe its because i am high level.

Why is everybody so hyped about this Bethesda's games? The first release of Fallout 3 STILL has glitches, BUGS and more issues! Why is everyone buying these games?

The developers from their studios needs to get their heads in gear and fix any bugs before releasing Fallout Vegas! Oh MY LORD!!

Stak

Cooling Scythe Mugen 2
Software Win 7 64 bit
Why is everybody so hyped about this Bethesda's games? The first release of Fallout 3 STILL has glitches, BUGS and more issues! Why is everyone buying these games?

The developers from their studios needs to get their heads in gear and fix any bugs before releasing Fallout Vegas! Oh MY LORD!!

sorry but i dont know how people notice so many bugs in games! i played many games for hours and at every game (except FUEL and Two worlds) i can hardly find any serious bugs that ruin the game. and the minor ones all ppl talk about i never find. guess some of you actually hunt down bugs or something. i can say that if you just play a game the way it should be played you won't find many bugs maybe a few.

and what bugs are you talking about name at least 10 of them.

and at fnv they fixed the major bug that annoyed me most and that was the reloading issue with lever action rifles. so for me the game is complete.

sorry but i dont know how people notice so many bugs in games! i played many games for hours and at every game (except FUEL and Two worlds) i can hardly find any serious bugs that ruin the game. and the minor ones all ppl talk about i never find. guess some of you actually hunt down bugs or something. i can say that if you just play a game the way it should be played you won't find many bugs maybe a few.

and what bugs are you talking about name at least 10 of them.

and at fnv they fixed the major bug that annoyed me most and that was the reloading issue with lever action rifles. so for me the game is complete.

1.] Framerates plompt like a slug in some areas when you travel
2.] Even with the updates from PC / PS3 + other consol, the robot from your savehouse is STILL stuck against the wall.
3.] Some characters AI got stuck and they can't move and they sometime float above the ground when they are walking / died. This is insane...
4.] automatic save still has this stupid BUG and they still haven't fix these in Oblivion Goty! God heaven... :D

5.] For some reason, you walked into a VAULT and you tried to get back out. But, you can't... too bad if someone saved their progress by accident. OOPS... play a new game lads and throw your controller out!

6.] When you walk, you sometime (not always), you will just go striaght through the floor. This bug is annoying!

7.] Some memory issues on PC version and it keeps eating on Windows 7 when you play! Is this some sort of memory leak from the game? I think so... how nice...

8.] There is one mission (I forgot - its for the PC) and one of the option from the NPC is missing and you can't continue with the mission! This is similar to Oblivion where you have to get vampire cure! This sux!!

9.] ... I am out of breath... I could go on... but, I need to STOP. I need air...:banghead:

InnocentCriminal

Resident Grammar Amender
System Name BeeR 6
Processor Intel Core i7 3770K*
Motherboard ASUS Maximus V Gene (1155/Z77)
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory 16GB Samsung Green 1600MHz DDR3**
Video Card(s) 4GB MSI Gaming X RX480
Storage 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD
Display(s) 27" Samsung C27F591FDU
Case Fractal Design Arc Mini
Power Supply Corsair HX750W
Software 64bit Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores *@ 4.6GHz **@ 2133MHz
I've had nothing but f'ing issues after completing the main story line and starting the DLC. I changed my motherboard & reinstalled Windows (along with other things) and then the major, game crippling issues stopped. I do however still get the odd CTD.

Even though they're using a shitty engine that needs updating and bugs fixing, the storyline and content is more than enough to keep me playing. Exactly the same situation with the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games - however I never had any issues with any of the games.

crazyeyesreaper

Not a Moderator
Staff member
System Name Old reliable
Cooling Custom Water
Storage 3x SSDs 2x HDDs
Mouse Mionix NAOS 7000
Keyboard Mionix
i look at it this way give me a game developer besides Valve that allows there game to be reshaped into entirely new games by modders that releases all the tools to do so and dosent complain that about the mods or ways to plot there destruction lol i play bethesda games for 1 reason most of them can be modded out the wazoo and the direction of said moding tends to be different then that of source based games. That and as innocent criminal pointed out total content in the game keeps me tinkering around to see whats there

that and i really like to see how the mod community will take there visions and apply them in the game some go a LONG ways granted Nehrim runs like crap for instance but its an entirely new game based on Oblivions shaders etc with a new world if they keep fixing it up its rather amazing to see an entirely voice acted scripted and developed game. Give me an EA game or Activision title in recent memory that allows such tinkering and is encouraged Thats why people by bethesdas games sure there mediocure sure there buggy but at the end of the day there still fun and the mod community keeps it fresh

InnocentCriminal

Resident Grammar Amender
System Name BeeR 6
Processor Intel Core i7 3770K*
Motherboard ASUS Maximus V Gene (1155/Z77)
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory 16GB Samsung Green 1600MHz DDR3**
Video Card(s) 4GB MSI Gaming X RX480
Storage 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD
Display(s) 27" Samsung C27F591FDU
Case Fractal Design Arc Mini
Power Supply Corsair HX750W
Software 64bit Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores *@ 4.6GHz **@ 2133MHz
i look at it this way give me a game developer besides Valve that allows there game to be reshaped into entirely new games by modders that releases all the tools to do so and dosent complain that about the mods or ways to plot there destruction lol i play bethesda games for 1 reason most of them can be modded out the wazoo and the direction of said moding tends to be different then that of source based games. That and as innocent criminal pointed out total content in the game keeps me tinkering around to see whats there

that and i really like to see how the mod community will take there visions and apply them in the game some go a LONG ways granted Nehrim runs like crap for instance but its an entirely new game based on Oblivions shaders etc with a new world if they keep fixing it up its rather amazing to see an entirely voice acted scripted and developed game. Give me an EA game or Activision title in recent memory that allows such tinkering and is encouraged Thats why people by bethesdas games sure there mediocure sure there buggy but at the end of the day there still fun and the mod community keeps it fresh

Seriously dude, at least and try to punctuate your paragraphs. Difficult to read man.

System Name Devil's Canyon PC build
Processor Intel i7-4790K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z97X-G1 Gaming WIFI-BK
Cooling Prolimatech Megahalems Black Edition Air Cooler, 2x Akasa 120mm PWN Piranha Fans (push-pull config)
Memory Patriot Viper 3 "Black Mamba" 32GB (4x8GB), 2133MHz, C11-11-11-30, 1.5v
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Windforce X3 GeForce GTX Titan X 12GB GDDR5 (Non-Pascal)
Storage Samsung 850 PRO 512GB SSD, 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD, Seagate 8TB Archive HDD, 2TB Samsung M9T HDD
Display(s) Asus ROG Swift 27" 144Hz G-Sync Gaming Monitor
Case Corsair Obsidian 650D Midi Tower - Black, 3x230mm Bitfenix SPECTRE PRO, 1x120mm Bitfenix PWN (SP)
Power Supply Seasonic 660W Platinum Certified Modular
Software Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64
LOL, I know some people probably do encounter these glitches, but since putting that update on I have had none of these issues from the game at all and that is after hours of playing the Fallout 3 GoTY Edition that I have for PC.

The problem with the list that Tyrael has shown is a few things:

1. What platform of the game is these listed problems coming from specifically (PC? PS3?)
2. When was these issues originally reported?
3. If the game is for PC, what edition it is of the game? (Original No DLC First Release or GoTY Edition on hard copy? Or Original No DLC First Release or GoTY Edition on Steam?)
4. If the game is on hard copy for PC (either orginal or GoTY Edition), what update it is running on? Is it even running on an update at all?

I know some do get genuine issues with the game, but the list that Tyrael has produced is way too easy to produce since millions has already reported such issues and it is very likely that near enough all these bugs have been fixed with the latest update so unless you play the game under perfect conditions such as the running the PC GoTY Edition on the latest update, on a perfectly working PC (such as with no graphic card driver issues) there is no real way of knowing for sure about whether these glitches still occur.

If someone would like to show a glitch(s) of a Fallout 3 under perfect conditions then I recommend that you show a video showing the game is genuinely under perfect condition and that the game, despite the updates been done and that the hardware is in perfect working order, still continues to have these glitches.

Stak

Cooling Scythe Mugen 2
Software Win 7 64 bit

well im not hyped about bethesda games at all. i find oblivion boring as hell. and never played other games than TES4,FNV and F3 GOTY. i just like the modern Fallout games. thats all.

AlienIsGOD

Vanguard Beta Tester
System Name Aliens Ryzen Rig | 2nd Hand Omen
Processor Ryzen R5 5600 | Ryzen R5 3600
Motherboard Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite (F61 BIOS) | B450 matx
Cooling DeepCool Castle EX V2 240mm AIO| stock for now
Memory 8GB X 2 DDR4 3000mhz Team Group Vulcan | 16GB DDR4
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX 5700 8GB | GTX 1650 4GB
Storage Adata XPG 8200 PRO 512GB SSD OS / 240 SSD + 2TB M.2 SSD Games / 1000 GB Data | SSD + HDD
Display(s) Acer ED273 27" VA 144hz Freesync |TCL 32" 1080P w/ HDR
Case NZXT H500 Black | HP Omen Obelisk
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek | Onboard Realtek
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650w 80+ Gold | 500w
Mouse Steelseries Rival 500 15 button mouse w/ Razor Goliathus Chroma XL mousemat | Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G910 Orion Spark RGB w/ Romer G tactile keys | Logitech G513 Carbon w/ Romer G tactile keys
Software Windows 10 Pro | Windows 10 Pro
I just picked up this game today, the GOTY edition. Never tried any other ones but this looks good and now that im in the know its kinda like Oblivion wit da GUNZ :pimp: !! im gonna check it out.

BTW I picked it up for $29.99 CAN at EB Games and had a friend nice enuff to send me a PDF of the stratgey guide :D

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Keyboard Yes
I just picked up this game today, the GOTY edition. Never tried any other ones but this looks good and now that im in the know its kinda like Oblivion wit da GUNZ :pimp: !! im gonna check it out.

BTW I picked it up for $29.99 CAN at EB Games and had a friend nice enuff to send me a PDF of the stratgey guide :D

Nice. Is it the Steam version?

Processor Core i5 3570K
Motherboard AsRock z77 Pro4
Cooling Zalman CNPS10X Extreme
Memory 2x4GB GSkill Sniper
Video Card(s) MSI GTX970 Gaming
Storage 240GB OCZ ARC 100, Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB
Display(s) LG 23" 1920x1080
Case Antec P100
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Antec Edge 750W
Software Windows 8.1 Pro 64

AlienIsGOD

Vanguard Beta Tester
System Name Aliens Ryzen Rig | 2nd Hand Omen
Processor Ryzen R5 5600 | Ryzen R5 3600
Motherboard Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite (F61 BIOS) | B450 matx
Cooling DeepCool Castle EX V2 240mm AIO| stock for now
Memory 8GB X 2 DDR4 3000mhz Team Group Vulcan | 16GB DDR4
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX 5700 8GB | GTX 1650 4GB
Storage Adata XPG 8200 PRO 512GB SSD OS / 240 SSD + 2TB M.2 SSD Games / 1000 GB Data | SSD + HDD
Display(s) Acer ED273 27" VA 144hz Freesync |TCL 32" 1080P w/ HDR
Case NZXT H500 Black | HP Omen Obelisk
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek | Onboard Realtek
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650w 80+ Gold | 500w
Mouse Steelseries Rival 500 15 button mouse w/ Razor Goliathus Chroma XL mousemat | Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G910 Orion Spark RGB w/ Romer G tactile keys | Logitech G513 Carbon w/ Romer G tactile keys
Software Windows 10 Pro | Windows 10 Pro
Nice. Is it the Steam version?

no its a boxed copy but i read the thread b4 my wife got home from shopping and got the heads up :D and the DRM doesn't bother me TOO much:banghead:

Last edited: