• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[Case Gallery] Reaper - Obsidian 800d

System Name Reaper
Processor AMD 8350 @4.8ghz
Motherboard Asus Rog Crosshair V Formula Z
Cooling Custom water cooling
Memory 16gb Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400
Video Card(s) Evga Gtx 970 Ftw X2 in SLI
Storage Samsung evo 250gb ssd(Win10), Crucial 120gb ssd(Win7), WD Caviar black 800gb, Wd Blue 1tb
Display(s) 32' inch Samsung
Case Corsair Obsidian 800D modded
Audio Device(s) Built into Motherboard soundblaster
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 850b2
Mouse EVGA Torq X10 Carbon fiber
Keyboard LOGITECH G910 rgb
Software Win7 ultimate + Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Reaper_v3.4/builds/
To view this case mod, go here.

Specs:
Corsair Obsidian 800D modded
Asus M3N-HT 780a
AMD Phenom 955BE@3.8ghz
2X2gb OCZ Fatal1ty ddr2-800's @1000mhz
2X EVGA 9800gtx+'s, sli.
Corsair 850TX
WD Caviar Black 750gb w/Win7 ultimate 64bit
WD SE16 blue 250gb w/Win XP SP3....in dual boot
32inch AOC hdtv, 1080p 5ms

Mods:
After i completed the worklog on the single loop..
I didn't like the temps i was getting so i gutted the case again and began modding the case to accept a 240 rad on the bottom panel. LazyMan @ West Coast Mods inspired me on this mod due to his SkullCrusher build. I cut out all 3 mesh grills on the top panel for better airflow of the 6 push/pull 120's on the top 360rad, and mounted a koolance 360 fan shroud with the skull grills from MNPCTech.com. I cut out the bottom hard drive cage, cable management cover and rails to make room for the 240rad, the 120rad is now out. I cut the faceplate of the rad out of the bottom panel and added window edge molding and a 240 magnetic mesh dust filter. I had to add a support bracket to help lift the mid-plate under the hot-swap bays (it was starting to droop), so i used some metal from the bottom panel. I also added a push/pull config to cool the hot swap bays. I cut out 2 120mm holes on each side panel, with the windowed panel as the "push", with dust filter and skull grill (a 140 aerocool shark is drawing air in), and a LianLi fan drawing air out on the other side...it too has a skull grill. I also added a NZXT touch screen fan controller and I modded a 5.25 bay cover to accept 3 led rocker switches that are wired up to the 3 Uv cold cathode lamps. oh, and the 24 pin power to the mobo is sleeved.

All in all i have a 360 Black Ice rad on a Danger Den DD-CPX1 12V 3-Pin Powered Pump, 250ml EK res cooling twin 9800gtx+'s (idle is a few degrees above room temp, at gaming i used to hit 48-53C, now its around 30-38C), A 240 Black Ice rad on a 5.25 bay res/pump from XSPC (with blue and red leds) cooling my Phenom (idle 30C, cinebench 10 5 tests, all 4 cores at 100% load=39C). All water blocks are EnzoTech, bitspower barbs, 45/90 and snake style fittings, Koolance quick-disconnects, IandH silver kill coils with Dead-Water, and Feser Base ultra pure water (non-conductive) and base corrosion blocker. 8 LianLi 120mm fans, 1 CoolerMaster R4, 3 Aerocool Shark 140's, and OCZ XTC cooler with blue leds blacked out, 2 12inch UV cold cathodes, 1 4inch and 2 12 inch red led strips. Still pretty quiet and not as bright as some of the pics show.
It took me a while to complete these mods, alot of effort and patience, planning and a few bucks..........be constructive with your comments.......if your a troll, you suck. Thanks for viewing and I welcome your ideas, votes and comments. Until the hardware upgrade...........keep on moddin!!

Last edited by a moderator:
System Name New Build - Oct. 2021
Processor Intel i7 10700k
Motherboard Asus TUF Gaming H570-PRO
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory Corsair Vengence 16gb 3600 mhz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 3060ti 8gb
Storage 1Tb Samsung 970 EVO NvMe m.2
Display(s) 27" LG Ultragear 144hz
Case Fractal Design- Meshify 2
Audio Device(s) Onborad dts
Power Supply Corsair RX 650 W
Mouse Roccat Kiro
Keyboard Razer Tarantula
Software Windows 10 Home x64
Yeah I knew it looked familiar...Lazyman's Skull Crusher build was epic! I really like how he (and you) cut and mounted the 240 rad at the bottom. If or when I get a 7/800D I want to do the same thing! :D It's also nice to see some one with the same board I have, lol! Not many M3N-HT's out there. Your rig looks sweet bro and nice job on the mods. 10/10 for all the work you put in to this build!

Last edited:
System Name Reaper
Storage Samsung evo 250gb ssd(Win10), Crucial 120gb ssd(Win7), WD Caviar black 800gb, Wd Blue 1tb
Yeah I knew it looked familiar...Lazyman's Skull Crusher build was epic! I really like how he (and you) cut and mounted the 240 rad at the bottom. If or when I get a 7/800D I want to do the same thing! :D It's also nice to see some one with the same board I have, lol! Not many M3N-HT's out there. Your rig looks sweet bro and nice job on the mods. 10/10 for all the work you put in to this build!

Thanks alot bro, yeah I emailed Lazy Man a few times.....this build was the biggest I've done thus far and i needed some expert advice...and it still isn't completed. I want to do some upgrades but i don't want just put this mobo aside.....this one rocks! BUT...i can't find a waterblock to cool the board; hence the reason why i don't have the chipsets watercooled. I also want to get rid of the bundles of fan cables i have hidden on the back panel and add a terminal bus, as well as cutting off the blue coils and adding a custom Uv reactive vinyl to the tubes (haven't decided if i want ice or melting water as the design). The mod for the 240 rad was actually quite simple, just take your time on making the stencil of the rad face plate, and placing the stencil on the case so the screws are properly aligned with the mesh panel on the bottom of the case (that way you can use those pre-drilled holes to mount the front of the rad). Be careful when you cut out the bottom hard drive cage, it's a lil tight on some of the cuts and you can scratch up some spots you don't want scratched. If you know where i can get a waterblock for our mobo, let me know man. That'll clean up some tubing in my case. Thanks for the vote and comments........keep on moddin!!

System Name New Build - Oct. 2021
Processor Intel i7 10700k
Motherboard Asus TUF Gaming H570-PRO
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory Corsair Vengence 16gb 3600 mhz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 3060ti 8gb
Storage 1Tb Samsung 970 EVO NvMe m.2
Display(s) 27" LG Ultragear 144hz
Case Fractal Design- Meshify 2
Audio Device(s) Onborad dts
Power Supply Corsair RX 650 W
Mouse Roccat Kiro
Keyboard Razer Tarantula
Software Windows 10 Home x64
@ oqsajec

Thanks for the tips :) As for the board chipset blocks, you will have to go with after market blocks. This board is quite old and yes the heatsinks are not very efficient when it comes to overclocking.

Koolance make some nice universal chipset blocks, but are a bit over priced IMO.

Also here are some Danger Den Universal blocks that should work as well:

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=22747

System Name Reaper
@T77 I saw those, They look like they would work, but not for the one by the gpu's. Unless i go with full-cover blocks for the gpu's to make room for the tubing. Yeah, my mobo temps aren't as good as i would like........Koolance has some blocks yes but their prices aren't that great. I did find some from Enzotech but i can't seem to kind the specs for the dimensions on the mount points for the mobo heatsinks. They do have universal blocks.....hmmm
I'm bout to get started on my next addition and next mod if i keep this up. lol

Last edited:
System Name Reaper
Lookin into some upgrades......

Just a follow-up, I'm building my 12 year old son a gaming rig so he's getting the core components from this build...i.e. the motherboard, memory and gpu's. I'm looking into either using ATI gpu's or staying with Nvidia and getting a few gtX470's but that will require a mobo that accepts a AMD socket, DDR3 memory, and supports SLI. Maybe the 980a, or like i said, I could switch to all AMD components. Thanks for the votes but please don't vote for hardware, vote on the mods (hence the name of the gallery "Case Mod Gallery"). I got older hardware but It still kicks ass.