• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

iPhone... Your Thoughts

System Name Thought I'd be done with this by now
Processor i7 11700k 8/16
Motherboard MSI Z590 Pro Wifi
Cooling Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, 9x aigo AR12
Memory 32GB GSkill TridentZ Neo DDR4-4000 CL18-22-22-42
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 2x Geforce RTX 3070
Storage 1TB MX300 M.2 OS + Games, + cloud mostly
Display(s) Samsung 40" 4k (TV)
Case Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic EVO Black
Audio Device(s) onboard HD -> Yamaha 5.1
Power Supply EVGA 850 GQ
Mouse Logitech wireless
Keyboard same
VR HMD nah
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores no one cares anymore lols
I agree but in another aspect I can think of many alternates to those for use on Android. Except for findmyiphone that's a very interesting app. Wouldn't you need to leave GPS enabled all the time bringing down battery life?

Sorry, I do like the iPhone but as I said before I am sticking with my Droid 1.

latitude should let you find your phone through one of your freinds. There are also a few other dedicated apps for droid that allow you to find your phone via a webpage.

there's no app I can think of that the iphone has that there isn't a droid equivalent for.

on the flip side the only thing the droid can do that the iphone can't is use flash which isn't a biggie considering how bloated and inefficient it is (believe me we use flash for our online lectures and man does it suck up bandwidth)

h.264 is a better tech.

and apps count is dumb imo most are copies and repeats at 100k for the droid and 300k for iphone it looks like the iphone has more, that's incorrect as I've said there's no app on the iphone that doesn't have a counterpart on the droid.

it's a matter of preference atm. both phones are fast, have tons of functionality and will do everything you want them to.

The only bummer with the verizon iphone is that it's lost its multitasking capabilities while on a call and several other features. This won't matter for the jailbreakers but for those who don't jailbreak it does.

Thanks Random for the info. I have never seen a iPhone, go figure. I only have a N8 :)
Can't resist commenting.

Mobile Banking St George= I dont need banking on the road
Tripview - Local Bus Time table apps = I am a motorcyclist, so
Paypal and eBay = On the road? OMG!
iPod = I suppose that means music, cool...
LogMein so that I can access my PC remotely = nice to have in cases
Flixster movies = I just browse on the internet with my Nokia... ??
findmyiphone = there is a similar one for mine, have to check that
MSN which is a given, =I though MS Network is crap, but YMMV
facebook = all this "social" bs is better to connect to during a fixed time each day, never would want the "web 2.0" to follow me everywhere!
WoW armory= hehe

So, really, and sincerely: no ab-so-lu-te-ly necessary applications for me! But I can figure that IF you work away from computers all day, it is a way to stay "wired".

System Name i7-PC / HTPC / iMac
Processor i7 3820 / Phenom II 940
Motherboard GIGABYTE G1.ASSASSIN2 / M3A79-T Deluxe
Cooling Corsair Hydro H100i / Scythe II (HS only)
Memory G.SKILL Trident X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600mhz / 4GB DDR2 1066 (@800) Corsair Dominator
Video Card(s) GB Radeon HD 7950s 3GB / GB Radeon HD 7950s 3GB
Storage 2x 80GB Intel X-25, 2x600gb SATA, 1x1tb 5400RPM storage /1x600GB, 3x500GB,1x160,1x120 SATA
Display(s) 1x 27" Yamakasi / Vizio 42" HDTV
Case Lian Li Lancool PC-K58 / Antec 900
Audio Device(s) HT Omega Striker 7.1 / Onboard and HDMI from ATi Card
Power Supply PC Power & Cooling 750W / 610W
Software Ubuntu / Windows 8.1 Pro / OS X / PHPStorm / Gaming
android = tasker
ios will never have it.

you can legally edit android, no need for JB. root sure - but so
much can be done without it, it is unnecessary for most users.

apple stuff is stylish, and it just works. which is great for MOST people.
I'm not most people. I'd rather have something functional, efficient, and customizable.

that's really where the discussion lies. what do you want out of your technology?

Last edited:
System Name Senile
Processor I7-4790K@4.8 GHz 24/7
Motherboard MSI Z97-G45 Gaming
Cooling Be Quiet Pure Rock Air
Memory 16GB 4x4 G.Skill CAS9 2133 Sniper
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE Vega 64
Storage Samsung EVO 500GB / 8 Different WDs / QNAP TS-253 8GB NAS with 2x10Tb WD Blue
Display(s) 34" LG 34CB88-P 21:9 Curved UltraWide QHD (3440*1440) *FREE_SYNC*
Case Rosewill
Audio Device(s) Onboard + HD HDMI
Power Supply Corsair HX750
Mouse Logitech G5
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB & G610 Orion Red
Software Win 10
android = tasker
ios will never have it.

I'm not most people. I'd rather have something functional, efficient, and customizable.

that's really where the discussion lies. what do you want out of your technology?

+1

What the iPhone has going for it is form factor, too many apps to list and hardware galore to plug it into. It's simply been around longer and is a truly amazing gadget. To bad you can't replace the battery.

I'm recently got a Droid X from Verizon. I don't care what the iPhone can do or plug into, I am in love with the Droid, never in my life have I been so amazed with what a single gadget can do... I see the Droid market maturing with time, more apps, more hardware to plug into. I've played with plenty of iPhones and always wanted one, but wouldn't leave Verizon.

To make a long story short, the line between the two is blurry, and will be even moreso as time goes on.

Overpriced, annoying signal issues, locked to app store apps unless you can unlock it which seems to be hard with the 4.2 native devices.

You have to use the completely useless iTunes app, there is no drag and drop. And Apple software developers suck, 4.2 gives a more laggy experience than 4.1, plus apple seems to continue to put its effort into producing even more useless features for the iPhone instead of fixing all the real issues with it.

Overall a 7/10, the only thing good about the iPhone 4 is the screen and audio quality of the headphone out with low to medium impedance devices.

If I could get a new phone now I would get a HTC with a slightly bigger screen and of course Android.

brandonwh64

Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!
I have used a Iphone (3g) for a while from a friend and it was ok until i used a driod X for a while then i was in love! Yes as others said, both phones have there up's and down's but i favor driod based phones better than iphones.

System Name Bang4Buck
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900x
Motherboard MSI PRESTIGE x570 CREATION
Cooling Fractal Design Celsius S36
Memory 32Gb 4400Mhz Patriot Viper Steel(Samsung B-die) @ 3800Mhz 16-16-16-32-48-1T @ 1.38v
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 3080 Ti Suprim X
Storage Adata SX8200Pro 512Gb/2x Crucial P1 1Tb/Samsung 840 EVO/6Tb Raid -HGST Enterprise/2x IronWolf 8Tb/
Display(s) Samsung UE49KS8002 4K HDR TV (US - 9 series)
Case Fractal Design Define R6 Black Usb-C
Audio Device(s) HDMI out to Denon X4400H reciever, 2x Dali Zensor 7, Dali Zensor Vokal, 2x Dali Zensor 1, Yamaha Sub
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra 750W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed
Keyboard Logitech K520
Software Windows 11 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores https://www.3dmark.com/spy/26216445
The iphone is a smartphone with down syndrome. Android FTW!

System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Memory 64 GB DDR5 6400Mhz
Video Card(s) 7900XTX 310 Merc
Storage Samsung 990 2TB, 2 SP 2TB SSDs and over 10TB spinning
Display(s) 56" Samsung 4K HDR
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
Benchmark Scores Its fast. Enough.
imo no matter how many people say this or that phone is better than the iphone 4 they won't beat the number of people that already have it or the amount of apps currently on it as well. the game Infinity Blade or Epic Citadel really shows off what the iphone 4 is capable of and I don't know about you but if it can run unreal engine 3 with decent FPS then it's a sure buy for me, overall it's a very powerful and capable phone. You'll also get a tonne of personalization choices the phone itself is the most popular therefore you'd be able to find countless ways of customizing it to your own needs.

My milestone is rooted, unlocked, overclocked and runs 1.2Ghz at 66 vsel. Iphones can eat it. With a $28 16GB class 10 card and Apps2sd integrated it has awesome.

While I do like the screen more on the iphone, once I rooted my phone and was allowed the awesomeness, like watching crackle, and a hulu hack, and real flash so my web browsing experience does not rely on a watered down version I love it.

The biggest thing holding back android is the multiple phones it runs on, and each company has to make their own twist on some things, for example I wish nothing but failure for Motorola as they are cock gobblers who lie, and cheat.

And my signal is better, wifi hotspot, USB tethering, wifi file browsing and upload, VPN to my home computer shares across any network, and the apps that are out make me happy.

System Name The Dove Box Rev 3.0
Processor i7 8700k @ 4.7GHz
Motherboard Asus Maximus X APEX
Cooling Custom water loop
Memory 16GB 3600 MHz DDR4
Video Card(s) 2x MSI 780 Ti's in SLI
Storage 500GB Samsung 850 PCIe SSD, 4TB
Display(s) 27" Asus 144Hz
Case Enermax Fulmo GT
Audio Device(s) ON BOARD FTW
Power Supply Corsair 1200W
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Win 10 64x
I personally would never buy most Apple products because I hate how overpriced they are, not to mention Macheads are crazy fackers.

The Iphone was(and still is) the greatest smartphone. When Apple released it no other manufacturer could answer. It took 2 years for Android to develop/mature and that's why its the greatest.

Droid is growing rapidly but it will be a while before they overtake the Iphone.

android = tasker
ios will never have it.

I haz a Nexus S for reasons stated above.

Processor Intel Xeon x5660 (4.2ghz)
Motherboard Gigabyte X58A-UD3R
Cooling Corsair H100
Memory 24gb (6x 4gb DDR3 1600) Kingston Hyperx
Video Card(s) XFX Black r290x 4gb ddr5 OC
Storage 6x 2tb 64mb WD drives, Patriot Pyro sandforce2 drive ,intel 180gb ssd
Display(s) HP w2558hc
Case Corsair Carbine 500r
Audio Device(s) X-Fi Pro Fatality
Power Supply XFX 750 watt
Mouse Thermaltake Theron ee Sports+
Keyboard Corsair Vengence k70 RGB Cherry Red
Software Windows 8.1 x64
I like the iphone.

I had the iphone 3g.

I hacked it way beyond its means, to the point i had froyo (android 2.1) installed on it.

i spent tons of time customizing it and there is a huge community.

Then i was given a hd2 (which can run windows 7, 6.5, android 2.1, 2.2, meetoo and ubuntu)

i sold off my iphone.

i missed it, so few weeks ago, i picked up a itouch 4th gen 32gb.

the one thing i can say about iphone vs android, since there is so few hardware platforms to program for, more developers write for the iphone.

if android had more hardware restrictions like winmo7 and ios i think they would have more apps.

System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
There are tons of apps that don't get published to the android market, and many that aren't on the market are free, and some that cost on the market are free on the dev sites.

So many of the iphone apps are redundant, or just silly.

ibird?

A android user + google is better than 90% of iapps.

Plus the blogs of apple users, 533,000,000 results for iphone blog. Thu number of Idiots who blog about everything, then post updates to their facebook, twitter, and myspace accounts that they posted something new on their blog and e-mail everyone in the address book a link to their new tweet, wall post about their new blog update that covers. "OMFG!!!! I Just saw a bluejay on the window sill of the Starbucks I was getting coffee at while writing my next blog update!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!"

Iphone = technically unsavvy soccer moms trying to look cool.
Iphone/JB = Able to point and click, hire others to perform basic computer work while taking credit.
Iphone/JB/tweaking = Technically savvy with lack of options.

Android = technically challenged but above blackberry
Android/JB = technically savvy and some fun to be had.
Android/JB/tweaks = Tech geek with open options.

Last edited:
Processor Intel Xeon x5660 (4.2ghz)
Motherboard Gigabyte X58A-UD3R
Cooling Corsair H100
Memory 24gb (6x 4gb DDR3 1600) Kingston Hyperx
Video Card(s) XFX Black r290x 4gb ddr5 OC
Storage 6x 2tb 64mb WD drives, Patriot Pyro sandforce2 drive ,intel 180gb ssd
Display(s) HP w2558hc
Case Corsair Carbine 500r
Audio Device(s) X-Fi Pro Fatality
Power Supply XFX 750 watt
Mouse Thermaltake Theron ee Sports+
Keyboard Corsair Vengence k70 RGB Cherry Red
Software Windows 8.1 x64
There are tons of apps that don't get published to the android market, and many that aren't on the market are free, and some that cost on the market are free on the dev sites.

So many of the iphone apps are redundant, or just silly.

ibird?

A android user + google is better than 90% of iapps.

Plus the blogs of apple users, 533,000,000 results for iphone blog. Thu number of Idiots who blog about everything, then post updates to their facebook, twitter, and myspace accounts that they posted something new on their blog and e-mail everyone in the address book a link to their new tweet, wall post about their new blog update that covers. "OMFG!!!! I Just saw a bluejay on the window sill of the Starbucks I was getting coffee at while writing my next blog update!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!"

if android becomes as trendy, expect the same behavior

Memory G.SKILL Trident X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600mhz / 4GB DDR2 1066 (@800) Corsair Dominator
Storage 2x 80GB Intel X-25, 2x600gb SATA, 1x1tb 5400RPM storage /1x600GB, 3x500GB,1x160,1x120 SATA

only two issues.

froyo is 2.2, 2.1 was Eclair. no matter :)

the real issue is this App Talk.

a) There are a ton of apps for android.
b) ios has had years to build up to where it is - and android is gaining on it in a fraction of the time.
c) the over-fragmentation of android myth, was started by Jobs in the first place. any device that receives google's approval, and can legally have google's Market, can handle the apps on the Market. save for apps that use advanced motion sensing and stuff some devices may not have. those are rare.

devs are FLOCKING to android because of it's open nature, and a lot of great work has come out of it.

again, you will never see anything like Tasker on ios, because apple has it locked so tight, no real innovation can ever be made by anyone except them.

System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
I don't have myspace, have facebook but rarely use, no blog, no website.

Whats on my phone?

Milestone overclock. Superuser whitelist, a few games, some emulators and roms, nudie model pics, a few short movies, a couple gigs of music, some snaps of connectors so I can keep track of what wire goes in what pin connector. Shazam, my three primary e-mail accounts, messaging, wifi hotspot, advanced calculator and conversion app, root file explorer, better video player, **flash**, and a few other generic apps.

panchoman

Sold my stars!
Processor Amd Athlon X2 4600+ Windsor(90nm) EE(65W) @2.9-3.0 @1.45
Motherboard Biostar Tforce [Nvidia] 550
Cooling Thermaltake Blue Orb-- bunch of other fans here and there....
Memory 2 gigs (2x1gb) of patriot ddr2 800 @ 4-4-4-12-2t
Video Card(s) Sapphire X1950pro Pci-E x16 @stock@stock on stock
Storage Seagate 7200.11 250gb Drive, WD raptors (30/40) in Raid 0
Display(s) ANCIENT 15" sony lcd, bought it when it was like 500 bucks
Case Apevia X-plorer blue/black
Audio Device(s) Onboard- Why get an sound card when you can hum??
Power Supply Antec NeoHe 550-manufactured by seasonic -replacement to the discontinued smart power series
Software Windows XP pro SP2 -- vista is still crap
This thread just goes to show how ignorant some people can really be.. :shadedshu

Wrigleyvillain

PTFO or GTFO
System Name DarkStar
Processor i5 3570K 4.4Ghz
Motherboard Asrock Z77 Extreme 3
Cooling Apogee HD White/XSPC Razer blocks
Memory 8GB Samsung Green 1600
Video Card(s) 2 x GTX 670 4GB
Storage 2 x 120GB Samsung 830
Display(s) 27" QNIX
Case Enthoo Pro
Power Supply Seasonic Platinum 760
Mouse Steelseries Sensei
Keyboard Ducky Pro MX Black
Software Windows 8.1 x64
This thread just goes to show how ignorant some people can really be.. :shadedshu

Gee that's quite a statement there especially considering I have no idea if this "ignorance" to which you refer is commenting on the fans or the detractors.

System Name White Theme
Processor Intel 12700K CPU
Motherboard ASUS STRIX Z690-A D4
Cooling Lian Li Galahad Uni w/ AL120 Fans
Memory 32GB DDR4-3200 Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Aero 4080 Super 16GB
Storage 2TB Samsung 980 Pro PCIE 4.0
Display(s) Alienware 38" 3840x1600 (165Hz)
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO White
Audio Device(s) 2i2 Scarlett Solo + Schiit Magni 3 AMP
Power Supply Corsair HX 1000 Platinum
I agree but in another aspect I can think of many alternates to those for use on Android. Except for findmyiphone that's a very interesting app. Wouldn't you need to leave GPS enabled all the time bringing down battery life?

Sorry, I do like the iPhone but as I said before I am sticking with my Droid 1.

I think you have misread a little, I did post maybe one or two iphone exclusive apps there but I was referring to smart phones as a whole and their use for apps. Whether it be an android app or iPhone app these apps are providing convenience for some of the most busiest people.

And after reading most of the comments here, it's obviously all based on personal preference and obviously the amount of time you're at home will make your perspective different from others and with that I'd like to say that I've never cared about mobile phones before I got my iPhone so being new to this phone scene I went for something more user-friendly so I went to the apple store had the representative show me some of the basics got the plan and fired away. IMO there is really little difference between the phones but I'll stick to the iPhone as more people have it, I'll follow the along like a sheep til I find a reason to stray from the masses and also what helped me make this choice for this phone was that it was sold out almost every week, I didn't buy til the end of Q4 of 2010 and I bet most 16GB models are still sold out from providers as well so it has to be doing something right.

Last edited:

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name Black MC in Tokyo
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
VR HMD Acer Mixed Reality Headset
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!
Gee that's quite a statement there especially considering I have no idea if this "ignorance" to which you refer is commenting on the fans or the detractors.

Both sides are pretty hysterical. :laugh:

System Name White Theme
Processor Intel 12700K CPU
Motherboard ASUS STRIX Z690-A D4
Cooling Lian Li Galahad Uni w/ AL120 Fans
Memory 32GB DDR4-3200 Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Aero 4080 Super 16GB
Storage 2TB Samsung 980 Pro PCIE 4.0
Display(s) Alienware 38" 3840x1600 (165Hz)
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO White
Audio Device(s) 2i2 Scarlett Solo + Schiit Magni 3 AMP
Power Supply Corsair HX 1000 Platinum
devs are FLOCKING to android because of it's open nature.

I'll have to disagree a little there.

"During an in-depth and informative interview, Doom creator and id Software co-founder John Carmack opines on iOS game development, the economics of mobile development vs. console development, why mobile games lend themselves to more risk-taking and greater creativity, and finally, why he's not too keen on the Android Marketplace as a money-making machine. '...I'm honestly still a little scared of the support burden and the effort that it's going to take for our products, which are very graphics-intensive.'"

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2010/11/post-8.ars/

"The iOS platform has really been a pleasure to work on compared to all of the... half of the reason for us ditching the old feature phones was that it was so much more pleasant to develop for iOS. And I fear that we would be slipping back into some of that quagmire on the Android side of things. But there's no doubt that the installed user base is huge, and is getting larger all the time. So it's something that we'll have to keep an eye on. But it's not yet clear whether we're going to have this Rage project available in the Android Marketplace or not"

"So we have the engine up and running on Android, and we're supplying it to licensees. We don't have any immediate plans in terms of our own games for it yet," Rein told Ars. "Our concerns are probably the same as John Carmack's. Lots of good hardware, but it's all over the map, and the rest of the issues he pretty much addresses [in the recent Ars interview]. It will get there, I'm sure, but our technology can be licensed and used on Android. It's just not as big a focus for us as iOS." - Mark Rein, Interview with Ars Technica.

http://www.droidgamers.com/index.ph...ack-comment-on-unreal-engine-rage-and-android

System Name Haz0
Processor i7-2700K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3
Cooling Chicken Stock
Memory 16GB G.Skill Ripshits X 1600MHz
Video Card(s) Sapphire 5850
Storage Kingston 128GB SSD + WD Black 640GB + 2x 1.5TB
Display(s) 24" Acer G245HQ + 19" Lenovo L194
Case Antec NSK-4482 Orangified
Audio Device(s) X-Fi XtremeGamer
Power Supply Corsair TX750W
Software Windows 7: Electric Boogaloo
If my carrier had the iPhone and if I had the extra monthly cash to shell out for a smart phone plan, I'd have an iPhone. But, because the carrier doesn't have it and I'm "unemployed", I stick to regular cell phone + iPod Touch.

The iPhone is a very nice device IMO. The OS is very solid and designed from the ground up for touching, there are tons of apps and games that come out every day for it. The interface is very smooth, intuitive, and graphically appealing.

System Name Crisco / Backup
Processor AMD Ryzen 3600 / FX 6300
Motherboard ASUS X570 / Gigabyte 970-DS3p-FX
Cooling Wraith Stealth / AMD Factory
Memory G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR4 16 GB (3200) / G.Skill Ripjaw DDR3 16 GB (1600)
Video Card(s) XFX Radeon RX 5700 8 GB GDDR6 / Asus RX 470 8 GB GDDR5
Storage Kingston 480gb SSD, Hitachi Ultrastar 2 TB, 1 TB Caviar Black /Hitachi 500 gb, 2 Seagate 320 GB
Display(s) Viotek 34-Inch Ultrawide Curved 100Hz 3440x1440p, / 52" Sharp 1080p
Case Coolermaster Elite 430 / ROSEWILL ATX Mid Tower
Audio Device(s) Realtek HD: 5.1 Technics DD / Plantronic Gamecom 7.1 headset/5.1 Digital Home Theatre
Power Supply Thermaltake 750 watt / Corsair 550 watt Modular
Mouse Logitech G502 SE HERO / Logitech G602
Keyboard Gamesir GK100 / Steel Series
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit / Windows 10 Home 64 bit
Avid Droid 1 user here. I won't slander the iPhone cause it is pretty nice, but I'll stick with my Droid.

I just got rid of my Iphone plan and got a Droid. I'm liking the Droid a lot better, but I didn't have the Iphone 4. Unless your getting a 4 I'd go Droid. I had an Iphone for a year in half.

JrRacinFan

Served 5k and counting ...
System Name Dual Build Streamer
Processor Ryzen 7900x3d : Ryzen 4600G
Motherboard AsRock B650E Steel Legend : Giga B450i Aorus
Cooling Custom Water 1x420 : Stock
Memory 32GB T-Force Deltas : 16GB Dominator Platinums
Video Card(s) PowerColor 7900 XTX Liquid Devil: iGPU
Storage 20+ TB
Display(s) Sammy 49" 5k Ultrawide
Case Custom White Painted Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2
Audio Device(s) Onboard : Onboard
Power Supply EVGA 1200W P2
Mouse Corsair M65 RGB Elite White
Keyboard Hyperx Origins 65
Software Windows 10
Thanks flip. Really wasn't trying to make it look like a flame, pointing fingers or anything derogatory. Just was saying, if I were "starting out" in the smartphone world, I MIGHT have considered the iPhone...... Yah know :)

@boise

Should visit us over at the Android users club. Could use another member :)

Wetbehindtheears

System Name Still ongoing
Processor i7 920 D0 @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte EX58-UD5
Cooling CoolerMaster V8 @ present
Memory 6Gb Crucial DDR3 PC3-8500 CL7
Video Card(s) 2xXFX 5770 in Crossfire
Storage 4x1Tb Sata
Display(s) 2407WFP
Case Modded Lian Li PC G70
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Antec Quattro 1000
Software Win 7 x86 and x64
Benchmark Scores SuperPi 1M - 8.83s Fastest - 4.66GHz on Air!
I still like and use my JB 3GS... it does everything I want it to.

I will admit that Apple do overprice their gear (even 2nd hand prices are high) but as they tend to lead the field (iPod, iPhone and iPad) they will always charge more until someone comes out with an iDevice beater, then they just release iDevice+1 so the cycle continues.

Apple tightly control everything from apps to spares (I can recall having major problems trying to get an Apple G5 case for a PC mod! gave up in the end!) Paranoid or what!

I won't be changing to iPhone 4 (unless I can blag one cheap and use my current sim card) as they are now restricting usage in UK... will wait and see what iPhone 5 offers,,,,,
As/when iphone