• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

iPhone... Your Thoughts

panchoman

Sold my stars!
Processor Amd Athlon X2 4600+ Windsor(90nm) EE(65W) @2.9-3.0 @1.45
Motherboard Biostar Tforce [Nvidia] 550
Cooling Thermaltake Blue Orb-- bunch of other fans here and there....
Memory 2 gigs (2x1gb) of patriot ddr2 800 @ 4-4-4-12-2t
Video Card(s) Sapphire X1950pro Pci-E x16 @stock@stock on stock
Storage Seagate 7200.11 250gb Drive, WD raptors (30/40) in Raid 0
Display(s) ANCIENT 15" sony lcd, bought it when it was like 500 bucks
Case Apevia X-plorer blue/black
Audio Device(s) Onboard- Why get an sound card when you can hum??
Power Supply Antec NeoHe 550-manufactured by seasonic -replacement to the discontinued smart power series
Software Windows XP pro SP2 -- vista is still crap
just some points:

-androids are great phones
-iphone is a great phone
-both have their pros and cons

-you can cannot compare a rooted android to a stock iphone.. compare it a jailbroken one, or apples to apples.. rooting and jailbreaking are both legal ways of killing your warranty to install unauthorized apps - yes google android does lock down apps as well, not as much as apple, but its a matter of philosophy.

-everyone complaining about at&t will be in for a suprise when they watch verizon's network get RAPED by a huge influx of customers on an older architecture that's already rather saturated.

-"Your blind hate for Apple has you missing out on a great phone and product." -Vbx
-- seeing as many of you guys are used to being brand-washed, especially in the tech industry (see ati vs nvidia, intel vs amd threads), some of the comments are no suprise
-- just because you can't modify and overclock the shit out of an imac, or because it's expensive, and intended for a different user market doesn't make it a shit product
--- that also doesn't make apple a shit company, which must be hated for no reason
--- people who buy apple products are perfectly normal people, many of whom are not rich at all.
----i am one of the people who buys mac products from time to time. no need to insult me because i am not brand-washed and actually buy products based on what i see, and not who its by.

-iphone signal issues are media hype. get over it. never had any trouble whatsoever with my iphone 4, infact i've had better reception than my dad's iphone 3g. the cases to fix them? they don't do shit, they are ordinary cases, it's just apples way of getting the media to shut up.

-for those who haven't seen decent iphone apps, you are sadly informed..

classes manages my schedule hw and exams, basically my whole school life, ifitness manages my workouts and fitness schedules, i have lots of medical based applications, such as medical dictionaries, drug looks ups, and anatomy, which assist me greatly while i'm on the job at the ambulance corps, something that almost every member is envious of, as they refer to old pocket manuals and books, in addition, apps like paypal, remote banking apps,and portfolio managers manage most of my finances, so more than half my life is managed by my iphone, hell it even tracks the gf's periods for me.

tell me again that you haven't heard/seen/used any decent apps for the iphone and i will gladly send you a more through list. this was just off the top of my head.

Processor Intel Xeon x5660 (4.2ghz)
Motherboard Gigabyte X58A-UD3R
Cooling Corsair H100
Memory 24gb (6x 4gb DDR3 1600) Kingston Hyperx
Video Card(s) XFX Black r290x 4gb ddr5 OC
Storage 6x 2tb 64mb WD drives, Patriot Pyro sandforce2 drive ,intel 180gb ssd
Display(s) HP w2558hc
Case Corsair Carbine 500r
Audio Device(s) X-Fi Pro Fatality
Power Supply XFX 750 watt
Mouse Thermaltake Theron ee Sports+
Keyboard Corsair Vengence k70 RGB Cherry Red
Software Windows 8.1 x64
iphone costs have come down alot. they are now $50 for the gs 16gb version.

System Name Silverstorm
Processor Intel Core i5 2500k
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-P67A-D3-B3 (Rev. 2.0)
Memory 2x4GB Kingston HyperX PC3-12800 1600MHz CL9-9-9-27
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GeForce GTX 760 2GB
Storage 250GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 1TB WD Caviar Green, 2x500GB Seagate Barracuda, 2TB WD Elements (ext)
Display(s) Samsung S24B300 + HP w2207h
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black Pearl
Audio Device(s) 7.1 CH HD Audio (Onboard)
Power Supply OCZ StealthXStream 800W
Software Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Personally I'm not a big fan of the iPhone. It's a great product by all means, I just prefer Android and it's appmarket over the Iphone's. I don't like iTunes one bit either xD It also seems like Google is more open with their Apps than Apple are; a certain emulator comes to mind, but I can't remember which at the moment..

So yeah; The iPhone is great, but I prefer the Android.

System Name Becca 2
Processor AMD A10 4600m quad core @ 2.3 ghz
Motherboard dunno
Cooling Logitech alto connect
Memory 16 Gig ddr3 1600mhz
Video Card(s) Ati HD 7660G + & 7470M
Storage 1 TB
Audio Device(s) onboard crap
Software Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit with sp1
Iphone 16 gig 3gs user here for over a year now and really like it.

Touch screen is superb, Plenty of great apps and is so easy to use.

Interestingly before i got the iphone i thought it was a overhyped pos. But once i got to try one when looking for a new phone after my old Nokia died a horrible death i realised it was much better than i first thought.

Good to see the US getting abit of choice on carriers stocking the iphone.

TheCrow

Processor Intel i7-930 @ 4.oghz
Motherboard Asus Rampage Gene III Extreme
Cooling Noctua NHU12F
Memory 6GB Kingston HyperX @ 1600mhz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX560TI OC
Storage OCZ Agility 3 90GB SSD, 4x Seagate 500GB
Display(s) Acer 22" Widescreen LCD
Case Thermaltake Soprano VB1000BWS
Audio Device(s) Onboard XFI
Power Supply Corsair CX600V2
Software Windows Se7en 64 Extreme Edition
I've used an iphone 3G and iphone 4, but i much prefer my Android Samsung Galaxy S.

Don't get me wrong, the iphone is great and very simple to use. I just prefer the way that android is laid out, i also much prefer the way i can set up my homescreen however i want it, not how apple want me to have it.

Function wise they are both pretty much the same, its just down to preference. I also prefer the openess of android, if i want to change the colour of something i just do it, no need to go jailbreaking, etc. Although that might be a downfall once phone virus's and stuff really start appearing.

The one thing that does really annoy me tho is that when apps come out they are always on iphone first, even tho statistically there are more android users at present than ios.

@panchoman Great, seems like your I Phone (I do phone too, lol) is a mini computer. Great! But most of those 'apps' do things that we older people do with just our brain: remember classes, etc...

Furthermore, those uncountable 'apps' remember me that in the nineties computer magazines came with CD's with "The 500 Must Have Shareware Programs"... Of course, 90% were rubbish, 5% were nice but useless, and 1% was actually a keeper.

Finally, one cannot but recognize Apple's contribution to mainly the Chinese economy: i lost count of the tons and tons and tons of crappy plastic "iPod" etc accesorios that have invaded our stores. Looking at the prizes for p.e. bloody kitsch earphones and socks there must be no crisis and no buying skills anywhere in the world....

System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Memory 64 GB DDR5 6400Mhz
Video Card(s) 7900XTX 310 Merc
Storage Samsung 990 2TB, 2 SP 2TB SSDs and over 10TB spinning
Display(s) 56" Samsung 4K HDR
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
Benchmark Scores Its fast. Enough.
just some points:

-androids are great phones
-iphone is a great phone
-both have their pros and cons

-you can cannot compare a rooted android to a stock iphone.. compare it a jailbroken one, or apples to apples.. rooting and jailbreaking are both legal ways of killing your warranty to install unauthorized apps - yes google android does lock down apps as well, not as much as apple, but its a matter of philosophy.

-everyone complaining about at&t will be in for a suprise when they watch verizon's network get RAPED by a huge influx of customers on an older architecture that's already rather saturated.

-"Your blind hate for Apple has you missing out on a great phone and product." -Vbx
-- seeing as many of you guys are used to being brand-washed, especially in the tech industry (see ati vs nvidia, intel vs amd threads), some of the comments are no suprise
-- just because you can't modify and overclock the shit out of an imac, or because it's expensive, and intended for a different user market doesn't make it a shit product
--- that also doesn't make apple a shit company, which must be hated for no reason
--- people who buy apple products are perfectly normal people, many of whom are not rich at all.
----i am one of the people who buys mac products from time to time. no need to insult me because i am not brand-washed and actually buy products based on what i see, and not who its by.

-iphone signal issues are media hype. get over it. never had any trouble whatsoever with my iphone 4, infact i've had better reception than my dad's iphone 3g. the cases to fix them? they don't do shit, they are ordinary cases, it's just apples way of getting the media to shut up.

-for those who haven't seen decent iphone apps, you are sadly informed..

classes manages my schedule hw and exams, basically my whole school life, ifitness manages my workouts and fitness schedules, i have lots of medical based applications, such as medical dictionaries, drug looks ups, and anatomy, which assist me greatly while i'm on the job at the ambulance corps, something that almost every member is envious of, as they refer to old pocket manuals and books, in addition, apps like paypal, remote banking apps,and portfolio managers manage most of my finances, so more than half my life is managed by my iphone, hell it even tracks the gf's periods for me.

tell me again that you haven't heard/seen/used any decent apps for the iphone and i will gladly send you a more through list. this was just off the top of my head.

You cannot compare the bus to a ferrari. Wait, yes you can. I CAN compare a rooted overclocked android phone to a stock apple product. I can say things like I love the ability to watch playboy video while I work out, because I have flash. I can say things like I can change my own battery, have medical apps, anatomy, phone finder and remote lock, VPN, wifi share, usb tethering, wifi file browser & uploads with zip uploads and unzipping. I can say the ability to tap a button and search, call a contact, send myself a note, send a note to a contact by e-mail, or text.