• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[Case Gallery] Lego Pc v.0.6

To view this case mod, go here.

Specs:
AMD Athlon II 605e(2,3 Ghz, quad-core)cooled by Hiper Low-profile full-copper cooler
Asus M4a88T-I Deluxe, Mini-ITX, AMD 880g, WiFi-AP, Bluetooth, Sata3, USB 3.0
2x4GB Kingmax SODDR3-1333
2x250GB Samsung 2,5", 7200rpm, 16MB cache, RAID 0
Optiarc slim slot-in DVD-RW
ATI Radeon HD 5570 1GB DDR3

Mods:
I built the entire casing with LEGO bricks, there isn't a single screw, or soldering, or glue. It's completely deconstructable.

Only LEGO bricks, there isn't a single screw, or soldering, or glue. Completely deconstructable. 200x200x105 mm. 4-core and 8 gigs of ram under 150W of total power consumption. It sports a discrete GPU, a slot-in DVD and 2 disks. The front buttons are blocked with LEGO bricks from behind, so is the DVD burner, and the backplate fits the LEGO bricks I used to assemble the back. The DVD eject button is also a LEGO brick, though i haven't figured out (yet) how to prevent it from falling when the computer is moved. The DVD is lifted from the rest by a LEGO slab(the blue one in the last pic), and the slot-in feature is preserved by flat-head bricks on the lower side of the LEGO cd-dvd slot, and it's working fine. I removed the discrete card bracket, and closed with LEGO the Displayport, leaving VGA and DVI accessible. The screenshot shows the temperatures in idle, this is just me losing it one sleepless night few days ago, so the air flow isn't enough to endure long work sessions, but everything stays put and the computer can be turned on, used and turned off without any issue. Next step will be mono-coloured bricks, and better air flow. Stay tuned :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Processor AMD 5800X
Motherboard Asrock x570 Taichi
Cooling NZXT Kraken Z73
Memory G.Skill TridentZ NEO 3600@3800
Video Card(s) MSI Gaming X RTX3060
Storage ADATA SX8200 1Tb, Samsung 950 Pro 256Gb
Display(s) Acer XV240Y, Acer KG240A
Case Corsair 750D
Audio Device(s) SteelSeries Arctis 7
Power Supply SeaSonic Platinum 860W
Mouse Razer Mamba TE
Keyboard Corsair K95
Software Win11 X64
interesting, thats thinking outside of the box ;)

$

$immond$

I don't like the multi lego colors I would have stuck to a single color or at least kept the colors linear with each other otherwise it reminds me of lego stuck together like what I remember from elementary school. yuck

I don't like the multi lego colors I would have stuck to a single color or at least kept the colors linear with each other otherwise it reminds me of lego stuck together like what I remember from elementary school. yuck

if you read the description, i'm going to rebuild it with one color, i, for one, don't like so much the effect standard lego/lego technic either (full brick/drilled brick)... i did it quickly, with the bricks i could easily put my hands on, that's why it's "version 0.6" :) i posted it because of the idea that stays behind, and that won't change so much with next versions :)

I voted 10/10 because:

10/10
finally something new in this gallery,(not new overal but here).
I appreciate absence of internal colourful lights, absence of screws -thats new here- absence of ATX PSU. I like very much small sizes of the rig.
Maybe you should make your photos once again, these look nasty, but i feel this case is perfect.

See & Vote Thx
http://www.techpowerup.com/gallery/2758.html

http://www.techpowerup.com/gallery/1090.html

Last edited:

lisburnni

System Name gaming PC
Processor i7 950 @4326MHZ 21x206 HT on, Cool Labs TIM
Motherboard Gigabyte X58A UD5
Cooling Thermalright HR02 Scythe S-FLEX 1600rpm fan
Memory Corsair Dominator 6GB 7-8-7-20 1T at 1648MHZ
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX570, BFG GTX260 216sp Maxcore Physx
Storage Crucial realssd 128gb ( win 7 Ult.)Seagate 500GBx2 Raid 0(Games, Sharing etc)WD Caviar green 2TB
Display(s) Dell U2410 IPS panel
Case Corsair 800D
Audio Device(s) X-FI Extreme
Power Supply Corsair AX750
Software OS- Win7 Ult 64 itunes/firefox/cod(4+5)/Endwar/world In Conflict
thats pretty cool (Y)