• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

LCD switching of automatically...

Jarska333

Hello, just a few days ago, i bought a Hyundai L70D+ tft LCD display. Seems decent enough, clear picture, no dead pixels or anything, DVI connection and 2W speakers... ( :rolleyes: )

However... I have a problem with it, in actually switching the beast on. When I switch my PC on, I get a glimpse of the "Award bios etc. 1gig of memory, keyboard found" Then the image disappears. Next, up comes the XP starting up image... Which also disappears in fraction of a second. Finally, I reach the desktop... Which also disappears almost instantly. If i just leave it like that, the display switches itself to standby-mode, the powerbutton turning yellow. If I switch the display on, the image appears... for a fraction of a second. If I repeat this few times, it usually sticks for the rest of the day. (Today I spent about 3 mins switching my display on and off... :( )

I somewhat sure the problem lies in the DVI connection... However, just in case there is another solution than to just send the display back as faulty, I turn to you gentlemen.

Oh, my graphics card is Connect 3D Radeon 9600 nonpro.

Sandra tells me...

Processor
Model : AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2600+
Speed : 1.92GHz
Model Number : 2600 (estimated)
Performance Rating : PR2785 (estimated)
Type : Standard
L2 On-board Cache : 512kB ECC Synchronous, Write-Back, 16-way set, 64 byte line size

Mainboard
Bus(es) : ISA AGP PCI USB i2c/SMBus
MP Support : No
MP APIC : No
System BIOS : Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG
Mainboard : MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD MS-6570
Total Memory : 768MB DDR-SDRAM

Chipset 1
Model : Nvidia Corp nForce2 AGP Controller
Front Side Bus Speed : 2x 167MHz (334MHz data rate)
Total Memory : 768MB DDR-SDRAM
Memory Bus Speed : 2x 167MHz (334MHz data rate)

Video System
Monitor/Panel : HYUNDAI ImageQuest L70D+ Digital
Adapter : CONNECT 3D RADEON 9600 Series 128M
Adapter : CONNECT 3D RADEON 9600 Series 128M - Secondary

Last edited:

Morlak

What happens if you try and boot safe mode windows? Can you get a image before the system boots, like bios setup? Is there a reset settings button/menu item on the monitor? I guess you have already swapped out the Monitor to check your card/system.

Jarska333

Aaa, no... I believe the problem is in the DVI, and don't have another LCD... Though, I think I'll check the VGA connection on the Hyundai. :eek:

Jarska333

It does seem, that even when there is nothing connected to the screen, and there should be the "no signal" box bouncing about, there's no picture... :(

I hope I didn't throw away the package...

paddi70

Did you manage to sort it out. i seem to have the same problem with my Benq monitor. Have to unplug it from the mains for a while then its sorted, but not what you want to be doing. Any ideas??

Jarska333

It does seem to have gone away. I resetted to the default monitor settings, which are horrendously bright, and toned down a little, then went to mess with the card brightness settings. Something went right, no idea what. Works flawlesly now... Maybe dark setting confused the monitor to think I had a powersaver screensaver on? :)

Processor Intel I7 2600k@ 4.5
Motherboard Gigabyte p67 ud4 b3
Cooling AC Cuplex kryos Hf
Memory 8096 Exceleram 1600@ 1333 Cl9 1.35v
Video Card(s) Palit Gtx570@950/1900@1.063v
Storage Ocz Vertex 3 120gb, 2tb Seagate 7200rpm s-ata3
Display(s) Asus 24inch Lcd
Case Coolermaster Cosmos S
Audio Device(s) Creative X-fi with Teufel Magnum Power Edition
Power Supply Coolermaster 700W Silent Pro Gold
Software Linux?^^ ;P Windows 7 64bit
hm u have 2 dvi connectors? maybe a contact problem with graphic
or it might be that only one connector is right

Jarska333

The problem occurred in both DVI and VGA connector, but seems to gone away now...

Sounds like a weak power supply circuit inside the monitor. Here's a test, Use MS paint's flood fill to make 4 full screen pictures, 1 all black, 1 all red, 1 all green and 1 all blue. Use the picture viewer to cycle through them each time you change a setting, once the OSD goes away. If the all black picture causes the monitor to shut down at any point during this test (especially with the contrast set all the way up), RMA the monitor before the warrenty is up.

Explanation: The LCD panel has an independent PWM switching power supply that regulates the screen voltage. Since LCD screens are subtractive, the darker the picture, the more current the LCD uses. It is also possible the backlite inverter circuit is messed up in the same way, but the above test will show that problem too (when you crank the brightness).

Norber65

I know this problem

I have a L70S and this problems occured days before the transistors that drives the CCFL inverter were burned (and toast the printed circuit). I can´t repair but no have repair parts. When I did it I post a comment.

Can someone give me a diagram circuit of HYUNDAI L70S ?. Thanks.