• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

XFX warranty

AsRock

TPU addict
Processor AMD 3900X \ AMD 7700X
Motherboard ASRock AM4 X570 Pro 4 \ ASUS X670Xe TUF
Cooling D15
Memory Patriot 2x16GB PVS432G320C6K \ G.Skill Flare X5 F5-6000J3238F 2x16GB
Video Card(s) eVga GTX1060 SSC \ XFX RX 6950XT RX-695XATBD9
Storage Sammy 860, MX500, Sabrent Rocket 4 Sammy Evo 980 \ 1xSabrent Rocket 4+, Sammy 2x990 Pro
Display(s) Samsung 1080P \ LG 43UN700
Case Fractal Design Pop Air 2x140mm fans from Torrent \ Fractal Design Torrent 2 SilverStone FHP141x2
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V677 \ Yamaha CX-830+Yamaha MX-630 Infinity RS4000\Paradigm P Studio 20, Blue Yeti
Power Supply Seasonic Prime TX-750 \ Corsair RM1000X Shift
Mouse Steelseries Sensei wireless \ Steelseries Sensei wireless
Keyboard Logitech K120 \ Wooting Two HE
Benchmark Scores Meh benchmarks.
A few weeks ago some one said some thing about stickers being placed on their cards so XFX would know if you had the cooler off for what ever reason. Well as i am thinking about getting a new video card either the 6970 or the 6990 i thought i look in to it a little closser and come to find this

** XFX has carefully selected the optimal thermal or fansink component for your graphics card model. We do not encourage the removal of components due to damage that may result in the process. XFX understands that some enthusiasts may choose to replace the original component with their own cooling solution. To support the gaming community, we recommend that you contact XFX prior to any modifications so that we can update your profile and product registration to avoid potential issues with warranty support. In addition, XFX support will be able to walk through the installation with you or provide feedback and pointers on available options for your specific product. You may even consider shipping your components to XFX and allow the technicians at XFX to perform the modification for you (shipping charges to XFX apply).

Which to me says you are allowed you just have to get the go ahead from XFX before you do.

The whole warranty agreement.

Limited Warranty on XFX GRAPHICS CARDS
FOR NORTH AMERICA (UNITED STATES AND CANADA)

XFX-branded hardware products purchased in the United States or Canada come with a limited hardware warranty that extends to end-user customers. Other persons in the distribution chain, including those purchasing hardware products for resale, are governed by a separate agreement.

What is covered by this limited hardware warranty?

This limited hardware warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship in your — our end-user customer's — XFX-branded Graphics Cards purchased in the United States and Canada after April 17, 2007.

What is not covered by this limited hardware warranty?

This limited hardware warranty does not cover:

* Software or drivers provided by XFX or third parties.
* Problems that result from: (1) external causes such as accident, abuse, or problems with electrical power, (2) usage that is not in accordance with product instructions, (3) failure to follow the product instructions or failure to perform preventive maintenance; (4) products that are not in their original condition or that are not complete with all original components, or (5) problems caused by using accessories, parts, or components not supplied by XFX.**
* Products for which XFX has not received payment.

** XFX has carefully selected the optimal thermal or fansink component for your graphics card model. We do not encourage the removal of components due to damage that may result in the process. XFX understands that some enthusiasts may choose to replace the original component with their own cooling solution. To support the gaming community, we recommend that you contact XFX prior to any modifications so that we can update your profile and product registration to avoid potential issues with warranty support. In addition, XFX support will be able to walk through the installation with you or provide feedback and pointers on available options for your specific product. You may even consider shipping your components to XFX and allow the technicians at XFX to perform the modification for you (shipping charges to XFX apply).

XFX’s responsibility for malfunctions and defects in hardware is limited to repair and replacement as set forth in this warranty statement. All express and implied warranties for the product, including but not limited to any implied warranties and conditions of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are limited in time to the term of the limited warranty period reflected below. No warranties, whether express or implied, will apply after the limited warranty period has expired. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so this limitation may not apply to you.

We do not accept liability beyond the remedies provided for in this limited hardware warranty or for consequential or incidental damages, including, without limitation, any liability for third-party claims against you for damages, for products not being available for use, or for lost data or lost software. Our liability will be no more than the amount you paid for the product that is the subject of a claim. This is the maximum amount for which we are responsible. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.

How does state law apply?

This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state (or jurisdiction to jurisdiction).

How long does this limited warranty last?

The limited hardware warranty for Graphics Cards lasts for a time period of two years.

If you register the product online at http://www.xfxforce.com/ within 30 days of purchase, your limited warranty will be EXTENDED for the duration of your life. Registration within 30 days of the date of purchase is a condition precedent to receiving the lifetime warranty.***

The limited hardware warranty on all XFX-branded products begins on the date of the packing slip, invoice, or receipt. A copy of the dated original invoice/receipt must be submitted to verify warranty repair or replacement. In circumstances where the transaction record is not available or reasonably verifiable (based on date of manufacture), the warranty period shall begin on the date of manufacture of the product. The warranty period is not extended if we repair or replace a warranted product or any parts. XFX may change the availability of limited hardware warranties, at its discretion, but any changes will not be retroactive.

*** The limited warranty for XFX Limited Edition graphics cards lasts for a period of two years and is non-transferable.

May I transfer the limited hardware warranty?

The limited hardware warranty for Graphics Cards may only be transferred to one owner after the original owner.*** Limited hardware warranties for Graphics Cards may be transferred if the new owner registers online at http://www.xfxforce.com/ within 90 days of the transfer using the same Registration ID as the original owner. Registration by the new owner at http://www.xfxforce.com/ within 90 days of the date of transfer using the same Registration ID as the original owner is a condition precedent to transferring the limited hardware warranty for Graphics Cards. The duration of the new owner’s limited hardware warranty will be limited to the duration of the original owner’s limited hardware warranty. If the original owner has a warranty for the duration of its life, the new owner’s life shall become the measuring life that determines the duration of the warranty.

*** The limited warranty for XFX Limited Edition graphics cards lasts for a period of two years and is non-transferable.

What do I do if I need warranty service?

To request a limited hardware warranty repair, go to the support section of our web site (http://www.xfxforce.com/en-us/Help/Support.aspx). Your product must be registered to fill out a support ticket.

What will XFX do?

During the duration of the limited hardware warranty, XFX or its authorized representative will repair any XFX-branded hardware products returned to us that prove to be defective in materials or workmanship. If XFX or its authorized representative is not able to repair the product, we will replace it with a comparable product that is new or refurbished.

When you contact us via phone or web, we will issue a Return Material Authorization Number for you to include with your return. You must return the products to us in their original or equivalent packaging with all original components, prepay shipping charges, and insure the shipment or accept the risk if the product is lost or damaged in shipment. We will return the repaired or replacement products to you. We will pay to ship the repaired or replaced products to you if you use an address in the United States (excluding Puerto Rico and U.S. possessions and territories). Otherwise, we will ship the product to you freight collect.

If we determine that the problem is not covered under this warranty, we will notify you and inform you of service alternatives that are available to you on a fee basis. If you want the product returned, you will have to pay the shipping fees.

How will you fix my product?

We use new and refurbished parts made by various manufacturers in performing warranty repairs and in building replacement parts and systems. Refurbished parts and systems are parts or systems that have been returned to XFX, some of which were never used by a customer. All parts and systems are inspected for quality. Replacement parts and systems are covered for the remaining period of the limited hardware warranty for the product you bought. XFX owns all parts removed from repaired products.

AlienIsGOD

Vanguard Beta Tester
System Name Aliens Ryzen Rig | 2nd Hand Omen
Processor Ryzen R5 5600 | Ryzen R5 3600
Motherboard Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite (F61 BIOS) | B450 matx
Cooling DeepCool Castle EX V2 240mm AIO| stock for now
Memory 8GB X 2 DDR4 3000mhz Team Group Vulcan | 16GB DDR4
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX 5700 8GB | GTX 1650 4GB
Storage Adata XPG 8200 PRO 512GB SSD OS / 240 SSD + 2TB M.2 SSD Games / 1000 GB Data | SSD + HDD
Display(s) Acer ED273 27" VA 144hz Freesync |TCL 32" 1080P w/ HDR
Case NZXT H500 Black | HP Omen Obelisk
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek | Onboard Realtek
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650w 80+ Gold | 500w
Mouse Steelseries Rival 500 15 button mouse w/ Razor Goliathus Chroma XL mousemat | Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G910 Orion Spark RGB w/ Romer G tactile keys | Logitech G513 Carbon w/ Romer G tactile keys
Software Windows 10 Pro | Windows 10 Pro
This is very helpful for my best friend. Thnx for posting this :toast:

AsRock

TPU addict
Cooling D15
Storage Sammy 860, MX500, Sabrent Rocket 4 Sammy Evo 980 \ 1xSabrent Rocket 4+, Sammy 2x990 Pro
Case Fractal Design Pop Air 2x140mm fans from Torrent \ Fractal Design Torrent 2 SilverStone FHP141x2
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V677 \ Yamaha CX-830+Yamaha MX-630 Infinity RS4000\Paradigm P Studio 20, Blue Yeti
This is very helpful for my best friend. Thnx for posting this :toast:

Yeah i was happy to see it my self too. Although still waiting on a reply from them about it as i'm not going buy the card then ask to be told possibly different lol.

Although Prolimatech were fast to reply to my request about it fitting or not

Thank you for your email.
Yes, MK-13 is compatible with a 6970. No additional adapter kit is
needed.

Best regards,
Minna Yu
Prolimatech

Wijkert

System Name 2500k
Processor 2500K @ 4.5 (1.365v)
Motherboard Z68X-UD3H-B3
Cooling Mugen v2
Memory Ripjaws 1600mhz
Video Card(s) 2x 6950 Dirt 3 edition
Storage Agility 120GB, C300 64GB, Spinpoint F1 1GB
Display(s) 3x u2311h
Case CM 690 II Adv.
Power Supply XFX Pro 650W
Software Windows 7 Ultimate
Since I am living in the Netherlands, replacing my stockcooler will void my warranty even if I ask permission from XFX beforehand?

AsRock

TPU addict
Cooling D15
Since I am living in the Netherlands, replacing my stockcooler will void my warranty even if I ask permission from XFX beforehand?

If your carefull and leave no trace that you did probably not, although now they use stickers over the screws were if you break them the card gets void. I did here once on here it is possible to take them off without damaging them but do not want to chance that..

Best way is just email them.. but i am thinking they will only reply once you have brought the item you want to remove the cooler off.

AsRock

TPU addict
Cooling D15
I told them what i was planing to do and they had no problem with me swapping the cooler :).

Emailing them before you have a XFX i got no responce but i got one anyways and asked them and they promptly replied saying it would be no problem as long as i did not physically damage the card and kept all the parts to it.

System Name Senile
Processor I7-4790K@4.8 GHz 24/7
Motherboard MSI Z97-G45 Gaming
Cooling Be Quiet Pure Rock Air
Memory 16GB 4x4 G.Skill CAS9 2133 Sniper
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE Vega 64
Storage Samsung EVO 500GB / 8 Different WDs / QNAP TS-253 8GB NAS with 2x10Tb WD Blue
Display(s) 34" LG 34CB88-P 21:9 Curved UltraWide QHD (3440*1440) *FREE_SYNC*
Case Rosewill
Audio Device(s) Onboard + HD HDMI
Power Supply Corsair HX750
Mouse Logitech G5
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB & G610 Orion Red
Software Win 10
I had to return a 5870 XXX edition, it simply stopped working. I had removed the heatsink to plan out aftermarket watercooling. Put it back on and no video signal/beeps on boot.

No problem with a RMA, with the exception of taking over two weeks to get a new card.

Now the "tamper" sticker seems evil.

I've heard tell that some cell phones (iPhone in particular) have a sticker inside that changes color when exposed to water. If you send it back with the indicator positive for water, they immediately void any warantee.

cadaveca

My name is Dave
I had to return a 5870 XXX edition, it simply stopped working. I had removed the heatsink to plan out aftermarket watercooling. Put it back on and no video signal/beeps on boot.

No problem with a RMA, with the exception of taking over two weeks to get a new card.

Now the "tamper" sticker seems evil.

I've heard tell that some cell phones (iPhone in particular) have a sticker inside that changes color when exposed to water. If you send it back with the indicator positive for water, they immediately void any warantee.

Yes, the Iphone/Ipod products have submersion detection in headphone jack that turns red when it gets wet.

System Name The wifes worst enemy
Processor i5-9600k
Motherboard Asrock z390 phantom gaming 4
Cooling water
Memory 16gb G.skill ripjaw DDR4 2400 4X4GB 15-15-15-35-2T
Video Card(s) Asrock 5600xt phantom gaming 6gb 14gb/s
Storage crucial M500 120GB SSD, Pny 256GB SSD, seagate 750GB, seagate 2TB HDD, WD blue 1TB 2.5" HDD
Display(s) 27 inch samsung @ 1080p but capable of much more ;)
Case Corsair AIR 540 Cube Mid tower
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply EVGA GQ1000W MODULAR
Mouse generic for now
Keyboard generic for now
Software gotta love steam, origin etc etc
Benchmark Scores http://hwbot.org/user/philbrown_23/
xfx used to not care, then loosers that fried their cards kept rma'ing now xfx doesnt have to honoro rma if they dont want to and the cooler has been taken off.

cadaveca

My name is Dave
xfx used to not care, then loosers that fried their cards kept rma'ing now xfx doesnt have to honoro rma if they dont want to and the cooler has been taken off.

Did they tell you this directly, or are you assuming this is what happened?

I've returned 7 cards with a room-temp coldbug. They work fine when hot. To me this says that they put these stickers there so that if coldbug is part of issue, they have clear reason why it does, and the problem is easy to diagnose, and fix, as they still do support cooler removal, so don't realyl care...it also gives them reason to check the PCB under the cooler for damage.

Not all company policies are derived due to customer managemetn...sometimes they are done in order to save on costs.

XFX has told me quite specifically that there is an issue with some 5870 GPUs when they are less than 40c @ idle(which lead to discovery of the coldbug). They may be using paste that leads to slightly warmer idle temps, in a way to combat this problem.

AsRock

TPU addict
Cooling D15

I've returned 7 cards with a room-temp coldbug. They work fine when hot. To me this says that they put these stickers there so that if coldbug is part of issue, they have clear reason why it does, and the problem is easy to diagnose, and fix, as they still do support cooler removal, so don't realyl care...it also gives them reason to check the PCB under the cooler for damage.

Not all company policies are derived due to customer managemetn...sometimes they are done in order to save on costs.

XFX has told me quite specifically that there is an issue with some 5870 GPUs when they are less than 40c @ idle(which lead to discovery of the coldbug). They may be using paste that leads to slightly warmer idle temps, in a way to combat this problem.

I would of thought it be a time saver as if the stickers are broken they would have to check but if they are not some time is saved so they don't have to check every single one..

Companys need to care it's what drives the price down.. They care if your trying to rip them of because you screwed up with a phillips screw driver or some thing lol.

cadaveca

My name is Dave
Companys need to care it's what drives the price down.. They care if your trying to rip them of because you screwed up with a phillips screw driver or some thing lol.

Sure. I think that's the point exactly...if the stickers are in place, they do not need to remove heatsink for inspection, but if they are removed, they need to investigate closer. It's and easy and effective indicator that can save BUTTLOADs of time when cards come in.

Remember that XFX's warranty is not product life-time, but user life-time, essentially ensuring users have a working VGA for the rest of thier life. Costs to keep this warranty alive are going to be high, so they need to skimp and save at every point they can.

Now, if htey dropped support for changing cooling for aftermarket solutions, then I'd agree with OC101, but with them still providing support for users that want to take those steps, I do not think that the number of returned cards is what made them take this step...

I mean really, while I'm having issues with my XFX cards, and the service provided for them, I'm still getting service that service, 8 cards later. It's frustrating to go through so many cards, but they keep repalcing them, fully aware that I've gone through so many.

I'll say this much too, previously, to get shrouds off for cleaning out VGA heatsinks was quite a pain, but the current 6-series cards do not present such problems, and as such, do not need thier coolers removed 100% to be cleaned

System Name Senile
Storage Samsung EVO 500GB / 8 Different WDs / QNAP TS-253 8GB NAS with 2x10Tb WD Blue
Case Rosewill
Mouse Logitech G5
Software Win 10

A room temp coldbug... What are the symptoms, the card won't post at first, then starts working after it warms up???

cadaveca

My name is Dave
A room temp coldbug... What are the symptoms, the card won't post at first, then starts working after it warms up???

solid black lines, green/red dots that flash, or stay on desktop. The card "works" fine, except the artifacting. Upon reaching over 40c(or 50c, in the recent card I had), the artifacts dissappear, and everything appears normal. When the card cools back down...the artifact appear. some cards just do the black lines on a cold boot, but once the card is warm, it's fine. Every card I returned had this problem, after soem time, except 2. ONe was perfectly fine, jsut didn't like the 900/1250 clocks I was supposed to get, and the other had bad mem(1300mhz card).

this is very different than a card that artifacts and locks up. The card actually clocked phenomenally...could bench 1000mhz @ 1.1v....jsut when cold, it didn't leak enough, or something...

XFX didn't call it a cold bug, that's my own take on it, after they gave me a bit of info.

System Name Senile
Case Rosewill
Mouse Logitech G5
Software Win 10
solid black lines, green/red dots that flash, or stay on desktop. The card "works" fine, except the artifacting. Upon reaching over 40c(or 50c, in the recent card I had), the artifacts dissappear, and everything appears normal. When the card cools back down...the artifact appear. some cards just do the black lines on a cold boot, but once the card is warm, it's fine. Every card I returned had this problem, after soem time, except 2. ONe was perfectly fine, jsut didn't like the 900/1250 clocks I was supposed to get, and the other had bad mem(1300mhz card).

this is very different than a card that artifacts and locks up. The card actually clocked phenomenally...could bench 1000mhz @ 1.1v....jsut when cold, it didn't leak enough, or something...

XFX didn't call it a cold bug, that's my own take on it, after they gave me a bit of info.

That's f*cked up... I was witnessing some of what you describe with my 5870. But, then I wiggled the DVI connector on the card and it went away :laugh:

cadaveca

My name is Dave
Yeah, just as you say, sometimes it can be caused by VGA cable, or monitor(replaced my 3007WFP for the same reason, actually). The key part is that it goes away when the card heats up, and comes back when it cools back down...whe nbad cable or monitor, GPU heat will ahve no affect on the appearance of those lines.

XFX says it's a very rare issue, but one they know of, but I had had alot of cards affected by this, but because most of them were sent to me as RMA replacements, there is good chance I received cards that were previously returned to them, as were the last two cards. One came in new packaging, but the card itself was nasty-dirty with flux and stuff, and had obviously been re-worked.

XFX is supposed to be EOL-ing 5870 very soon, and all 5870's will be replaced with 6950 1GB cards. I am supposed to get a 2GB 6950, with my current RMA, as the one bad card breaks my crossfire pair, so I complained to them, and after they screwed up so bad with this RMA(sending the wrong card to me TWICE), but they have yet to ship the replacement out, even though I was told by XFX that they had the cards "in hand, brought right to my desk". Going on 10 weeks for this RMA now...

System Name Senile
Case Rosewill
Mouse Logitech G5
Software Win 10
XFX is supposed to be EOL-ing 5870 very soon, and all 5870's will be replaced with 6950 1GB cards. I am supposed to get a 2GB 6950, with my current RMA, as the one bad card breaks my crossfire pair, so I complained to them, and after they screwed up so bad with this RMA(sending the wrong card to me TWICE), but they have yet to ship the replacement out, even though I was told by XFX that they had the cards "in hand, brought right to my desk". Going on 10 weeks for this RMA now...

10 weeks, that sucks. 6950 1GB for a 5780 1GB is a fair RMA replacement, IMO.

System Name My pc
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard Asus Rog b450-f
Cooling Cooler master 120mm aio
Memory 16gb ddr4 3200mhz
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 3x 3070
Storage 2tb intel nvme and 2tb generic ssd
Display(s) Generic dell 1080p overclocked to 75hz
Case Phanteks enthoo
Power Supply 650w of borderline fire hazard
Mouse Some wierd Chinese vertical mouse
Keyboard Generic mechanical keyboard
Software Windows ten

Most phones do, except nokias, a lot of them don't have them.

( work in a shop that buys second hand phone, we don't bu them if water-markers are gone)

cadaveca

My name is Dave
10 weeks, that sucks. 6950 1GB for a 5780 1GB is a fair RMA replacement, IMO.

yeah, sure, but giving me one card that is part of a pair, and breaking that pair, was unacceptable to me. Would have been a slower solution. I bought 6950 2GB already to use in my test rig for reviews here @ TPU, so the 2GB will get me going with Crossfire again.

Yeah, 9 weeks have passed since the 18th of January, when I sent in ticket. Got shipping label from them the next day. It's only taken so long becuase I had original 875/1300mhz XXX, and they were repalcing those cards with 900/1250 cards. First replacemetn they sent was 850/1200(the coldbugged card), but i msg'd them the day they shipped, because i knew they'd screw up and send me a vanilla card. I was right, they shipped out 875/1250 card...still the wrong card, as the 875 card wouldn't run 900/1250, nor 875/1300.

I used one card for the P7P55 review, so I added a week myself while using the card for the review, so it's not all XFX's fault...except they failed to send the righ card, even after I contacted them about sending the right one.:rolleyes:

:slap:

Hopefully they get a card shipped out to me soon...they have had the 2 i sent in since friday, and they have been tested and such too, although why I am still waiting, and why I have to wait for them to test the cards, is odd to me.

System Name Senile
Case Rosewill
Mouse Logitech G5
Software Win 10
yeah, sure, but giving me one card that is part of a pair, and breaking that pair, was unacceptable to me.

True, I missed that part. :(