• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

MSI 6850 OC wanting higher clocks/voltage?

snoodge

Yea, I tried using the RacerX method, not realizing that it was 69xx only and totally scrapped my CCC install. It caused the Overdrive tab in CCC to disappear and I had to reformat.

I cant imagine why AMD would be trying SO hard to stop people from flashing card bioses... Manufacturers never cared in the past. Especially since so few people go to the extreme of bios flashing.

BAGZZlash

RBE Author
Yea, I tried using the RacerX method, not realizing that it was 69xx only and totally scrapped my CCC install. It caused the Overdrive tab in CCC to disappear and I had to reformat.
That's a little drastic, don't you think?

I cant imagine why AMD would be trying SO hard to stop people from flashing card bioses...
I think, that's why. AMD doesn't care about community's enthusiast overclocker, but they care about cash!

Anyway, I think RacerX will have good news soon. :)

snoodge

How is it drastic? The overdrive tab was completely gone... It was either reformat or just stick with stock clock speeds.

:cry:

BAGZZlash

RBE Author
How is it drastic? The overdrive tab was completely gone... It was either reformat or just stick with stock clock speeds.

:cry:

Yeah, you could have read the instructions and just remove the keys. Don't worry, a future version of the software will have a button for that.