• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[Case Gallery] Weekend Warrior

Velcro

Processor AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Manchester EM4 Revision
Motherboard Abit KN8-ULTRA
Cooling AMD 64 CPU Heatsink and Fan (3 case fans)
Memory 1024MB PQI TURBO (2x512)2.5 3-3-7
Video Card(s) Radeon X800GTO2(r480) Flashed to X850XT PE (540/590)
Storage (Perpendicular recording)Seagate 7200rpm 250GB 16MB Cache,NCQ sata2
Display(s) Samsung Syncmaster 940BF
Case Premier Black Gaming Case With Clear Side
Audio Device(s) 8-Channell 7.1 Nvidia soundmax
Power Supply 450 Watt Dual-Rail Heavy duty Rosewill PS
Software Windows XP Professional SP2
To view this case mod, go here.

Specs:
Athlon643200+ Manchester - Abit KN8-ULTRA - PQI 1GB (2x512mb)ddr400- Dual DVI Ati X800GTO2 16PP (540/590)- 7 channel integrated audio, Seagate250GB-16MB-cache Sata2,Rosewill 450w dual-railPSU,Brand New 19''Samsung syncmaster 940BF running on DVI YEA!! 240watt JVC sound system is in charge of the audio!

Mods:
I got 2 let 80mm case fans blowing air out the back of the case. I also have the side panel. I really want an aftermarket cooler for the cpu, but I think im gonna wait until my next system. Let me know if there is anything i should do to make this system better that i might not know so comment plese!

3dMark05:6667, 3dmark06:2133 at stock, and 2256 with cpu overclocked to 2.4ghz and video card at 554/603.

Last edited by a moderator:

mysticjon

Processor AMD Phenom x4 9850 black edition
Cooling big water 745
Memory Kingston 4gb(1gbx4) ddr2 (dual channel)
Video Card(s) ati sapphire radeon hd 6850
Storage 2tb
Display(s) samsung 226bw 22 inch wide lcd screen
Case apeiva qpack2
Audio Device(s) creative soundblaster X-fi fatal1ty series
Power Supply silent pro 600watt modular
Software Windows 7 Ultimate x86
i would agree, sleeve those cables or try ur best to tie ur cables so u can hide them, but cool comp, and yeah an after market cooler would be great, not sure why u need 2 80mm fans, imo that just creates alot of noise, if ur trying to go for quietness, but yeah sleeve ur cables and add soem lights that would be cool

2x 80mm fans at the rear, how about some intake fans as well? If you are going for something like that, like add then at the front as well, but you will have to remove the front panel first.
Cases these days usually have intakes at the front (Unless they are the ultra crap ones which cant hold a light, generic PSU, let alone some heavy top tier ones), Even if the case doesnt seem to have any, there will be a vent at the bottom of the front panel, slipstreamed into it. Since cool air does not rise, it is not a problem.

I give your case 7/10, The rear fans are tasteless, they don't fit in your machine's color scheme. The PSU needs more sleeves, if you want to sleeve the cables, at least do it to all of them. I have to comment, its nearly pointless having that much suction when there is a lack of intakes. I think the stock cooler is seriously bottlenecking the cooling capacity of the 80mm fans.

(Dammit Ive got a noisy PSU, my system fans are barely audible when I test it on my iGreen

Last edited:

FanATIc

Processor C2D E6700ES stepping 5 rev B1 @ 3.2GHz
Motherboard Abit AW9D-MAX (bios 12)
Cooling Thermalright XP120+Revoltec 120mm red UV fan
Memory Corsair DomminatorTWIN2X6400C4D DDR2,2x1GB DHX E.P.P CL4-4-4-12T
Video Card(s) Sapphire X1950PRO+ Artic Cooling Accelero X2 @ 670MHz GPU
Storage Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 NCQ 160GB 16MB cache Sata II
Display(s) iiyama ProLite E1900S TFT19' 2ms
Case Akasa Eclipse 62
Audio Device(s) Creative SB X-FI Xtrememusic
Power Supply Tagan Easycon 580W
Software Win XP MCE .:original:.
Nice setup!
you just need to make some order, Cable sleeving, are for sale, you can buy one of those, the results are good!
7/10
You are welcome to vote for mine!
http://www.techpowerup.com/gallery/533

Velcro

Processor AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Manchester EM4 Revision
Motherboard Abit KN8-ULTRA
Cooling AMD 64 CPU Heatsink and Fan (3 case fans)
Memory 1024MB PQI TURBO (2x512)2.5 3-3-7
Video Card(s) Radeon X800GTO2(r480) Flashed to X850XT PE (540/590)
Storage (Perpendicular recording)Seagate 7200rpm 250GB 16MB Cache,NCQ sata2
Display(s) Samsung Syncmaster 940BF
Case Premier Black Gaming Case With Clear Side
Audio Device(s) 8-Channell 7.1 Nvidia soundmax
Power Supply 450 Watt Dual-Rail Heavy duty Rosewill PS
Software Windows XP Professional SP2
2x 80mm fans at the rear, how about some intake fans as well? If you are going for something like that, like add then at the front as well, but you will have to remove the front panel first.
Cases these days usually have intakes at the front (Unless they are the ultra crap ones which cant hold a light, generic PSU, let alone some heavy top tier ones), Even if the case doesnt seem to have any, there will be a vent at the bottom of the front panel, slipstreamed into it. Since cool air does not rise, it is not a problem.

I give your case 7/10, The rear fans are tasteless, they don't fit in your machine's color scheme. The PSU needs more sleeves, if you want to sleeve the cables, at least do it to all of them. I have to comment, its nearly pointless having that much suction when there is a lack of intakes. I think the stock cooler is seriously bottlenecking the cooling capacity of the 80mm fans.

(Dammit Ive got a noisy PSU, my system fans are barely audible when I test it on my iGreen

I actually do have a intake fan, the reason you cant see it is because its hidden behind the hdd and it is black. It is a 80mm sucking air in(there is only one slot for a fan.) Yes I will try t hide the cables a little bit more. thanks for your comments

R

Radial_Orbits

nice mobo, abit kn8-ultra, same as mine :D ati graphics card as well by the looks of it ...

need some cable management, and maybe a paint job would look nice ... u've seen my case, urs could look identical if u wanted, happy modding!