• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Verbatim Introduces Faster Store 'n' Go USB 3.0 Flash Drives

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Tapping into the high performance potential of the USB 3.0 interface with the convenient form factor of a standard flash drive, the Verbatim Store 'n' Go USB 3.0 Flash Drive offers extreme speed, large capacity and plug-and-play operation. The unit supports transfer rates of up to 70MB/sec Write and 120MB/sec Read on USB 3.0 host systems. Verbatim Store 'n' Go USB 3.0 Flash Drive is available in capacities of 16GB, 32GB and 64GB. It is available in stores in April 2011.

• 16GB, 32GB or 64GB storage capacity
  • Transfer rates up to 120MB/sec on USB 3.0 host systems
  • Push and pull design protects connector
  • Compatible with USB 2.0 and USB 1.1 ports
  • Works with PC, Mac and Linux operating systems
Easy to use high-end performance
The Verbatim Store 'n' Go USB 3.0 Flash Drive comes with a push and pull design that does not only protect the connector but also makes an extra protective cap unnecessary. Compatible with Windows, Mac and Linux operating systems, the drive also works with USB 2.0/1.1 ports.

"USB 3.0 drives make a lot of sense because they are 100 percent compatible with USB 2.0 and offer far superior speeds to devices that have USB 3.0 ports," said Hans Christoph Kaiser, Business Development Manager Flash Verbatim EUMEA. "We are expecting the bulk of the premium USB flash storage market to migrate to USB3.0 within the next 18 months."

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

I hope its better than their other rubbish - In my limited personal experience verbatim have some of the WORST write speeds I have ever seen on a flash drive - In fact the worst I have ever personally used - EVER.

My Mother recently got a Li'll 4Gig Verbatim and it writes at LESS than 3.5Mb/s - it's SHOCKING - that's more than 20 minutes under IDEAL conditions to copy 4Gigs?!?! You can burn a DVD in 8 minutes! And if you are copying multiple small files - like backing up a "My Documents" folder ? Easily over 2 HOURS.

I now avoid Verbatim like the plague.

SHOCKING because my very first flash drive ever, a 256mb Transcend "Jetflash" (TS256MJF2B) Yes - before they even had "Version" numbers - back in 2003 - Writes data at ~ 6.6+Mb/s and I STILL have it, and it Still works :)

I had recalled that my old Jetflash V30 wrote at less than 2.6Mb/s - but I dug it out the bottom of a desk draw, dusted it off, and re-tested it and it, and it actually benched at 5Mb/s - so yeah - Although I had previously said the Verbatim was second worst it actually is the WORST, Slowest writing Flash Drive I have EVER used.

Last edited: