• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Kingmax Announces Waterproof 64 GB SDXC Card

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
As technology has quickly progressed, people have come to rely on consumer electronic products more so than ever. Photos, music, movies and electronic games continue to require higher digital data transmission rates and larger storage capacity. Additionally, consumers were disappointed with memory cards' transfer speeds traditionally being unable to perform fast enough to capture continuous spectacular shots. In light of this, KINGMAX, world-renowned as a first-rate memory card manufacturer, has taken the lead in launching a new high-speed, high-capacity Waterproof SDXC Class 10 64GB memory card, which not only provides waterproof and dustproof functions but also boasts impressive read and write speeds and a vast storage capacity that certainly satisfy consumer needs.

Compatible with the Secure Digital Association's (SDA) widely used Secure Digital (SD) format, the KINGMAX Waterproof SDXC Class 10 memory card exhibits a massive 64GB storage capacity, with specs of 65 MB/sec read speed and 40 MB/sec write speed. The KINGMAX memory card lineup include SD 3.01 specifications, which add a new UHS-I (Ultra High Speed Bus I) interface structure that will enable transfer speeds of up to 104 MB/s. The UHS symbol applies onto SDHC and SDXC products only. When paired with a UHS-I device, KINGMAX's Waterproof SDXC UHS-I and SDHC UHS-I memory cards are designed for recording HD-resolution videos while simultaneously performing other recording functions at speeds never seen before.

SDXC host products are backwards compatible with SD, SDHC and SDXC memory cards, while the SDXC memory card supports SDXC host products only.

KINGMAX Waterproof SDXC memory cards adopt the newest exFAT (Extended File Allocation Table) file system to store DVD image files, HD films and any virtual machine hard-drive files over 4GB, resolving the issue of the FAT32 format's failure to support larger files. This also allows for more free space after fragmentation and with the better utilization of free-space allocation. Moreover, a significant enhancement was made in terms of read/write speeds for large files. For photography enthusiasts who want to take continuous shots in RAW file format at high speeds, the KINGMAX Waterproof SDXC high-speed, high-capacity memory card is the perfect match for HD extended recording-time requirements.

The KINGMAX Waterproof SDXC Class 10 64GB high-speed memory card is fully compatible with the latest Microsoft Windows operating systems (e.g., Windows XP SP3, Vista SP1, Windows 7, etc.), maximizing its remarkable performance for all users. In addition, the Waterproof SDXC Class 10 supports built-in CPRM (Content Protection for Recordable Media) multimedia content protection, together with powerful ECC (Error Correction Code) and wear-leveling features, which enhances the efficiency and reliability of the memory card. It also includes a write-protection switch, which keeps your data even safer, preventing accidental data loss whilst in operation. Furthermore, KINGMAX also releases SDXC Class 10 64GB, which has high-speed data transfer rate and a vast storage capacity as well. For more information about the KINGMAX Waterproof SDXC Class 10 64GB high-speed memory card, visit the official website.

Features:
  • High speed and high capacity for meeting the requirements for handling full HD ultra-high definition images
  • Copy Protection - Support for CPRM (Content Protection for Recordable Media)
  • Compatible - with SDXC host devices; not compatible with SDHC and standard SD-enabled devices/readers
  • Mechanical write-protection switch
  • KINGMAX patent PIP technology inside, features Waterproof and Dustproof (Waterproof SDXC only) Specification
Specifications:
  • Capacities: 64GB
  • Speed Rate: Class 10 (Minimum)
  • Interface: SDXC UHS-I (UHS104)
  • Dimension: 24mm(W) x32mm(L) x2.1mm(T)
  • Weight: 2.1g
  • File System - exFAT >
  • Compliant SD 3.01
  • Operation temperature : -25°C to 85°C
  • Storage temperature : -40°C to 85°C
  • Transfer Mode : Version 1, UHS104, up to 104MB/s (according to SD Memory Card Standard Version 3.00, UHS104 spec.)
  • Operating System Support - Windows 7, Windows Vista (SP1 or later), Windows XP (SP2 or later) with exFAT update
  • Built-in ECC (Error correction code) and wear-leveling features
  • RoHS compliant

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

I already have an old waterproofed SD card in my new camera. It didn't suffer from inmersion. But the old camera just didn't survive the dive.

System Name PC
Processor i7 9700KF
Motherboard MSI Z390 A PRO
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S
Memory 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000mhz
Video Card(s) PALIT RTX 4070 Dual 12Gb
Storage 2X Crucial MX500 2TB SSD, Samsung 850 pro 512gb SSD
Display(s) DELL C34H89x 34" Ultrawide
Case Corsair Obsidian 550D
Audio Device(s) Audioengine A5+ Speakers
Power Supply Corsair RM750
Mouse Logitech G403
Keyboard Corsair Vengeance K70
Software Windows 10 64bit
I bet that any old SD card dipped in water will work... only thing that could go wrong in my guess is corrosion over time.