• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Matrox Introduces Avio Series Dual-DVI Fiber Optic KVM Extender Solution

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Matrox Graphics Inc. today unveils Matrox Avio Series, a new line of fiber optic KVM extenders for graphics intensive design and visualization applications within the process control, automotive, oil & gas, and government and military markets. The KVM extender transmitter/receiver pair enables users to secure the host computer in a climate-controlled machine room by capturing the system's I/O functionality and extending it up to 1000 meters over a single fiber optic cable.

The feature-rich Avio Series supports uncompressed dual single-link DVI or one dual-link DVI video-at full resolution and frame rate-keyboard, mouse, stereo analog audio, and multiple USB HID and USB 2.0 peripherals, while making available a secondary user to access the host computer from the transmitter unit. Avio's flexible design is compatible with Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux/Unix operating systems, allowing IT departments to standardize on one solution for enterprise-wide deployments. Matrox will be showcasing the Matrox Avio technology at InfoComm 2011 in Booth 4063, from June 15-17, 2011.

"Matrox is pleased to unveil a new line of fiber optic KVM extender solutions designed to meet our customers' highest system performance and image quality requirements," said Caroline Injoyan, Business Development Manager at Matrox Graphics, Inc. "We've brought our expertise in video graphics technology and fiber optic extension into this product and engineered a high-bandwidth, plug and play solution that maintains system performance at the remote desktop-critical for any high-end workstation application."

Key Matrox Avio Series features:
  • Transmits keyboard, mouse, digital video, and analog audio signals up to 300m in multimode and 1000m in single-mode (optional upgrade)
  • Extends two DVI single-link video with maximum resolutions of 1920x1200 60Hz per display or one DVI dual-link video at 2560x2400 60Hz
  • Includes multiple USB HID ports for keyboard, mouse, and other HID devices
  • Transparent USB 2.0 support for high speed USB peripherals (up to 480Mbps)
  • DDC compliant and advanced EDID management ensure transparent communication between the system and the displays attached to the receiver unit
  • Easy to deploy: does not require any driver or software installation and is cross-platform compatible with Windows, Mac, and Linux/Unix systems
Availability
The Matrox Avio Series fiber optic KVM extenders will be available in Q4 2011. For more information, visit this page.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Completely Bonkers

Processor Mysterious Engineering Prototype
Motherboard Intel 865
Cooling Custom block made in workshop
Memory Corsair XMS 2GB
Video Card(s) FireGL X3-256
Display(s) 1600x1200 SyncMaster x 2 = 3200x1200
Software Windows 2003
I like this. I can now have my "monster rack mount workstation" in the cellar, fibre to my desk, with this KMV. Silent and small deskspace. And in the dungeon, a rack of power :) Just need to run a fibre cable. Hmmm, what on earth do fibre wall sockets look like? I wonder if that is even possible... Anyone here familiar with fibre infrastructure?