• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Corsair Announces First Corsair Link Kits

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Corsair, a worldwide designer and supplier of high-performance components to the PC gaming hardware market, today announced pricing and specifications for the Corsair Link Cooling Kit and the Corsair Link Cooling and Lighting Kit.

Corsair Link is a modular hardware and software system that provides comprehensive monitoring and control of PC cooling and lighting. The two starter packages announced today are complete solutions that allow customers to immediately enjoy the benefits of Corsair Link technology. Customers can then further expand their control with additional peripherals that offer Corsair Link connectivity.

Corsair Link Commander
At the heart of each Corsair Link system is the Corsair Link Commander. Enclosed in extruded aluminum housing and designed to mount into any available 3.5" drive bay, the Corsair Link Commander connects to the PC via USB and provides eight Corsair Link Digital terminals and one analog Corsair Link terminal for non-digital sensors and nodes.

Corsair Link Dashboard
Corsair Link Dashboard is a Windows application that offers at-a-glance parametric monitoring and sophisticated control options. Cooling can be adjusted manually or automatically, with customizable configurations to provide exactly the right balance of fan noise and system cooling performance for the customer's needs. Lighting can be set to fixed colors, or programmed to change automatically according to system temperature or other parameters.

Corsair Link Cooling Node and Lighting Node
The Cooling Node and the Lighting Node connect to the digital terminals on Corsair Link Commander. The Cooling Node provides five fan control terminals, four sensor terminals, and three temperature sensors. The Lighting Node provides two lighting channels, each of which can control up to 33 LED strips. In addition to software control, integrated buttons allow the user to manually adjust lighting values. Each node is finished in plastic housing and includes cables for connecting to the power supply and the Corsair Link Commander.

Corsair Link Kits - Putting It All Together
The Corsair Link Cooling Kit is a starter package that includes:
  • Corsair Link Commander
  • One Corsair Link Cooling Node
The Corsair Link Cooling and Lighting Kit includes the above, and adds a Corsair Link Lighting Node and three LED Light Strips. Each light strip contains three RGB LEDs capable of displaying any of 16.7 million colors. Up to 33 strips can be connected together. Customers who start with the Corsair Link Cooling Kit may also purchase the Corsair Link Lighting Node separately. Corsair Link Dashboard is provided as a free download for Corsair Link customers.

Connectivity with Components and Peripherals
Any component with a Corsair Link Digital connector can be added to the Corsair Link system to provide monitoring and control via the desktop. The Corsair Hydro Series H80 and H100 Liquid CPU Coolers, also announced today, connects via Corsair Link Digital to allow precise coolant temperature monitoring and radiator fan control. They join the Airflow Pro in the first group of products to offer Corsair Digital connectivity.

The Hydro Series H60 Liquid CPU Cooler contains an analog Corsair Link connector which allows monitoring of coolant temperature from the desktop.

Corsair plans to publish specifications for the Corsair Link Digital interface, allowing open development of components that can be monitored and controlled by Corsair Link Dashboard.

"Corsair Link is a complete ecosystem of kits and components that will bring a new level of cooling and lighting customization to the PC enthusiast market." said Ruben Mookerjee, VP and General Manager for Components at Corsair. "Fan and lighting control has traditionally required manual adjustments, and that's the problem we're solving. The Corsair Link Dashboard software offers complete on-the-spot or automatic control, and it's fun to use."

The Corsair Link Cooling Kit and the Corsair Link Cooling and Lighting Kit will be available from corsair.com and authorized etailers worldwide in July. The Cooling Kit will be available for a US suggested retail price of $99 USD, and the Cooling and Lighting Kit will be available for a US suggested retail price of $139 USD. For more information on the Corsair Link system and compatible components, please visit the Corsair web site.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Desktop|| Virtual Host 0
Processor Intel Core i5 2500-K @ 4.3ghz || 2x Xeon L5630 (total 8 cores, 16 threads)
Motherboard ASUS P8Z68-V || Dell PowerEdge R710 (Intel 5520 chipset)
Cooling Corsair Hydro H100 || Stock hotplug fans and passive heatsinks
Memory 4x4gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 || 12x4gb Hynix DDR3 1066 FB-DIMMs
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 760 Gaming Twin Frozr 4GB OC || Don't know, don't care
Storage Hitachi 7K3000 2TB || 6x300gb 15k rpm SAS internal hotswap, 12x3tb Seagate NAS drives in enclosure
Display(s) ViewSonic VA2349S || remote iDRAC KVM console
Case Antec P280 || Dell PowerEdge R710
Audio Device(s) HRT MusicStreamer II+ and Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 || Don't know, don't care
Power Supply SeaSonic X650 Gold || 2x870w hot-swappable
Mouse Logitech G500 || remote iDRAC KVM console
Keyboard Logitech G510 || remote iDRAC KVM console
Software Win7 Ultimate x64 || VMware vSphere 6.0 with vCenter Server 6.0
Benchmark Scores Over 9000 on the scouter
I was about to say "count me in for one" but then I saw the price. Holy shit :eek:

Processor Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 C1 @ 3.83GHz
Motherboard Asus P5E64 WS Evolution 0802
Cooling Sunbeamtech CR-CCTF Core Contact Freezer 120MM + 400W TEC
Memory Corsair Dominator DDR3 1800(PC3 14400) 4GB
Video Card(s) BFG NVidia GTX 260 (216 SP)
Storage Seagate Cheetah 15K.5 SAS 300GB (x2) 15K.6 SAS 300GB (x1) + Adaptec 2405 SAS RAID Controller
Display(s) LG 24" W2452T + LG 23" W2353V
Case Thermaltake Armor VA8003BWS Black
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs X-Fi Professional Titanium
Power Supply Thermaltake Toughpower 700W + 2x 400W 12V Meanwell Power Supplys
But can it handle 250CFM Delta's? I didn't find any power ratings listed so I assume that it won't be able to handle the beasts.

System Name Desktop|| Virtual Host 0
Processor Intel Core i5 2500-K @ 4.3ghz || 2x Xeon L5630 (total 8 cores, 16 threads)
Motherboard ASUS P8Z68-V || Dell PowerEdge R710 (Intel 5520 chipset)
Cooling Corsair Hydro H100 || Stock hotplug fans and passive heatsinks
Memory 4x4gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 || 12x4gb Hynix DDR3 1066 FB-DIMMs
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 760 Gaming Twin Frozr 4GB OC || Don't know, don't care
Storage Hitachi 7K3000 2TB || 6x300gb 15k rpm SAS internal hotswap, 12x3tb Seagate NAS drives in enclosure
Display(s) ViewSonic VA2349S || remote iDRAC KVM console
Case Antec P280 || Dell PowerEdge R710
Audio Device(s) HRT MusicStreamer II+ and Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 || Don't know, don't care
Power Supply SeaSonic X650 Gold || 2x870w hot-swappable
Mouse Logitech G500 || remote iDRAC KVM console
Keyboard Logitech G510 || remote iDRAC KVM console
Software Win7 Ultimate x64 || VMware vSphere 6.0 with vCenter Server 6.0
Benchmark Scores Over 9000 on the scouter
But can it handle 250CFM Delta's? I didn't find any power ratings listed so I assume that it won't be able to handle the beasts.
It better friggin' be able to at that price.

System Name White Boy
Processor Core i7 3770k @4.6 Ghz
Motherboard ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe
Cooling CORSAIR H100
Memory CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB @ 2177
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 680 CLASSIEFIED @ 1250 Core
Storage 2 Samsung 830 256 GB (Raid 0) 1 Hitachi 4 TB
Display(s) 1 Dell 30U11 30"
Case BIT FENIX Prodigy
Audio Device(s) none
Power Supply SeaSonic X750 Gold 750W Modular
Software Windows Pro 7 64 bit || Ubuntu 64 Bit
Benchmark Scores 2017 Unigine Heaven :: P37239 3D Mark Vantage
Seems rather niche, and for the price. . . sorry Corsair but NO!