• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

MSI Afterburner Goes Mobile

System Name White Boy
Processor Core i7 3770k @4.6 Ghz
Motherboard ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe
Cooling CORSAIR H100
Memory CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB @ 2177
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 680 CLASSIEFIED @ 1250 Core
Storage 2 Samsung 830 256 GB (Raid 0) 1 Hitachi 4 TB
Display(s) 1 Dell 30U11 30"
Case BIT FENIX Prodigy
Audio Device(s) none
Power Supply SeaSonic X750 Gold 750W Modular
Software Windows Pro 7 64 bit || Ubuntu 64 Bit
Benchmark Scores 2017 Unigine Heaven :: P37239 3D Mark Vantage
Just because you can't think of a use for it, doesn't mean it is pointless. We have already given you examples of how it can be used, therefor it is not pointless.

I'm not saying there isn't a "use" for it, it simply seems to me, that it's like trying to reinvent the wheel, perhaps it can be done, but it's a rather impractical effort for a an end result that seems more or less useless. Example, my Blu-Ray player and my Receiver, both have the ability to use blue tooth to pair with my phone so I can use my phone as a remote, but why . . . . isn't that why I already have an all in one remote . . .. seriously, seems like effort they could have spent elsewhere, like as was suggested earlier in the thread, into making it an all in one overclocking utility.

However, if it works with UEFI, and helps it gain adoption faster, that I am 100% behind that even if it's a pointless feature.

Last edited:
Benchmark Scores Faster than yours... I'd bet on it. :)
Thats what he(we) are saying, its useless TO YOU. But for people that benchmark, this is quite helpful...Im guessing thats who it was market towards... Kind of like ROG on Asus boards.

And the dude who said your system still rages on in the backround is muddying up the waters a bit here as most times a freeze is a freeze in my experience, and who the hell would care if my GPU temps went up went it froze (sounds ill logical that would happen though).

Anyway, as noted this is not for everyone, but has great value for some. ;)

System Name White Boy
Cooling CORSAIR H100
Case BIT FENIX Prodigy
Audio Device(s) none
Thats what he(we) are saying, its useless TO YOU. But for people that benchmark, this is quite helpful...Im guessing thats who it was market towards... Kind of like ROG on Asus boards.

And the dude who said your system still rages on in the backround is muddying up the waters a bit here as most times a freeze is a freeze in my experience, and who the hell would care if my GPU temps went up went it froze (sounds ill logical that would happen though).

Anyway, as noted this is not for everyone, but has great value for some. ;)

I benchmark as well, not seriously to the point of using cascade or LN2 (don't have the kind of money for that hobby), and unless this is collecting real time data about things like vdroop, temps of vrm, and such. . . how is having it display on your phone any more useful than having it on your monitor, as the computer itself still needs to be running the program to feed the data to your phone.

Maybe you want to read a couple of my prior posts again to see how it can be helpful. :)

Posts #8 and #15 to be specific.

Cliff's notes - adjustments on the fly.
Additonal note - monitor temps...

System Name White Boy
Cooling CORSAIR H100
Case BIT FENIX Prodigy
Audio Device(s) none
Maybe you want to read a couple of my prior posts again to see how it can be helpful. :)

Posts #8 and #15 to be specific.

Cliff's notes - adjustments on the fly.
Additonal note - monitor temps...

I read that, I just don't see how that is of any substantially greater use or ease than doing it via mouse and keyboard. Unless you are caught with a bout of serious food poisining, and still want to spend your weekend overclocking by proxy while on the toilet .. . .

Maybe I didnt explain myself well...

You cant do it via mouse or keyboard in the middle of a bench (except for HOTKEYS I suppose). So one would be able to see the interface to make sure the clocks accept and retreat back depending on the section in the benchmark. You also cant monitor temps in the middle of a bench as well.

so cool... i can manage my fan speeds from my phone without ALT tabbing the game or exiting the game..