• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

GIGABYTE Rolls Out A75 Motherboards For AMD Llano A8 and A6 APUs

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
GIGABYTE TECHNOLGY Co. Ltd., a leading manufacturer of motherboards and graphics cards, today launched its latest series of motherboards supporting the new AMD A75 series chipsets, and the latest AMD A-Series APUs (codenamed Llano) that are set to take the world by storm with the best graphics performance ever seen on an onboard graphicsprocessor. GIGABYTE A75 based motherboards offer DIY PC builders and integrators a new world of 3D and multimedia performance with the most scalable, and best value upgrade path imaginable.

"At GIGABYTE, we are delighted to bring to market this new and exciting motherboard range, delivering our renowned durability and exceptional feature support to AMD's ground breaking APU technology," commented Henry Kao, VP of Worldwide Service and Marketing at GIGABYTE. "As well as bringing AMD A-Series technology to DIY users who demand excellent gaming and multimedia performance on a budget, these motherboards also offer a compelling upgrade path that includes Dual Graphics configurations."

GIGABYTE A75 Series Feature Highlights
AMD A-Series APU Support: GIGABYTE A75 series boards features an AMD A75 'Hudson' chipset supporting the latest 32 nanometer AMD A-Series APUs or Accelerated Processor Units. These processors are the first ever to combine a DX11-capable, high performance graphics processor with a choice of a dual or quad core CPU in one silicon die, offering a 3D gaming and multimedia experience similar to a discrete graphics configuration.

AMD A-Series Graphics: Discrete-class Onboard Graphics: Supporting Microsoft DirectX 11, OpenGL 4.1 and OpenCL 1.1 standards, AMD A-Series graphics deliver a 3D gaming experience similar to entry-level discrete graphics card solutions, with 3DMark Vantage (Performance setting) scores of around 4000 points. Using GIGABYTE's Easy Tune 6 utility, users can overclock the AMD A-Series APU to gain further performance enhancements over stock settings, offering 3DMark Vantage (Performance setting) scores of over 6000 points.

AMD Dual Graphics: Unrivalled Upgradability: The AMD A75 series platform showcases AMD Dual Graphics technology, allowing users to further boost 3D graphics performance by adding an additional discrete AMD Radeon HD 6000 series graphics card to the system. This unique Dual Graphics technology means users can enjoy higher frame rates on the latest gaming titles, utilizing the processing power of both discrete and onboard graphics processors.

GIGABYTE Super4 Motherboards: All GIGABYTE A75 series motherboards are part of the GIGABYTE Super4 motherboard range, and as such are equipped with the very best components and a comprehensive range of unique features that guarantee flawless system stability and extended product longevity without compromising on performance, features and device connectivity.

Super Safe:
  • DualBIOS 3TB+ HDD Support (Hybrid EFI Technology)
  • One Fuse per USB Port
  • 50,000 hr. Solid Capacitors
GIGABYTE Super Safe includes features that guard against system malfunction and ensure extended system longevity, including GIGABYTE DualBIOS to ensure that you never experience system failure due to BIOS corruption. Additionally, each USB port has its own dedicated power fuse that prevents unwanted USB port failure, helping to protect USB connected devices from malfunction and safe guard your important data during transfer. All Super4 motherboards also use solid capacitors that guarantee system longevity with a minimum 50,000 hr lifespan.

Super Speed:
  • Ultra Durable design
  • 3 x USB Power Boost + On/Off Charge
GIGABYTE Super Speed ensures that you're always on the cusp of PC performance, data transfer and device charging speeds. GIGABYTE 3x USB power means better device compatibility and faster charging on USB connected devices like portable storage devices without needing to use two USB ports. The additional power provided by 3 x USB Power allows iPad, iPhone and iPod devices to charge up to 40% faster compared to standard USB implementations, while On/Off charge allows fast device charging even when your PC is on standby or turned off.

Super Savings:
  • Lower RDS(on) MOSFETs
  • Lower CPU Zone Temperature
  • High Power-Efficiency
All GIGABYTE Super4 motherboards are equipped with the very best quality components that ensure that you PC is running at maximum power efficiency. Lower RDS(on) MOSFETs reduce energy wastage through unnecessary residual heat dissipation. This amounts to tangible energy savings which are beneficial for both end-users and the environment without impacting system performance.

Super Sound:
  • High-end 108dB HD Audio (3.5x better audio quality than standard PC audio solutions)
As the HD multimedia revolution continues to gain momentum, so too must hardware standards in audio quality. All GIGABYTE Super4 motherboards offer excellent 7.1 surround sound audio backed by a proprietary converter that is able to achieve 108dB noise ratio (SNR) playback quality. This means that users will enjoy a better audio experience with lower levels of noise and hiss when enjoying the latest HD content.

GIGABYTE A75 Series Models:
View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name micropage7
Processor Intel Xeon X3470
Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. P55A-UD3R (Socket 1156)
Cooling Enermax ETS-T40F
Memory Samsung 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3
Video Card(s) NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800
Storage V-GEN03AS18EU120GB, Seagate 2 x 1TB and Seagate 4TB
Display(s) Samsung 21 inch LCD Wide Screen
Case Icute Super 18
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte
Power Supply Silverstone 600 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Sades Excalibur + Taihao keycaps
Software Win 7 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Classified
looks pretty nice and would be expensive too

Over_Lord

News Editor
System Name BAH! - - tHE ECo FReAK
Processor Athlon II X4 620 @ 1.15V
Motherboard ASUS 785G EVO
Cooling Stock
Memory Corsair Titanium 4GB DDR3 1600MHz C9
Video Card(s) Sapphire HD5850 @ 1.049v
Storage Seagate 7200.12 500GB
Display(s) BenQ G2220HD
Case Cooler Master Elite 334
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair VX550W
Software Windows 7 Ultimate x64
the CPUs WHERE ARE THEY

:shadedshu:

7mm

System Name Chip
Processor AMD FX 4100 @ 3.60 GHz (2 x 2MB L2, 8MB L3)
Motherboard BIOSTAR 880GZ (850 SB)
Cooling Stock AMD
Memory 2GB + 4GB @ 1333MHz
Video Card(s) Color Master AMD Radeon HD 5570 1GB DDR3
Storage WD Green 2TB (SATA 2.0)
Display(s) 20" Samsung SyncMaster 2033sw (15000:1)
Case Regular White
Audio Device(s) OnBoard : Realtek Integrated Digital HD Audio
Power Supply ATX UMAX 550W
Software Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit
Yeah......., I agree "thunderising". When they're going to come out?

Over_Lord

News Editor
System Name BAH! - - tHE ECo FReAK
Processor Athlon II X4 620 @ 1.15V
Motherboard ASUS 785G EVO
Cooling Stock
Memory Corsair Titanium 4GB DDR3 1600MHz C9
Video Card(s) Sapphire HD5850 @ 1.049v
Storage Seagate 7200.12 500GB
Display(s) BenQ G2220HD
Case Cooler Master Elite 334
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair VX550W
it all says 30th, I hope it's true.

I'm bored of motherboard reviews already

Franjul08

System Name MyGamingRig
Processor AMD Phenom II X6 1090t @3.7
Motherboard MSI 890GXM-G65
Cooling Corsair H100i - 5x CM Blue LEDs Fan's (on the case)
Memory 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Radeon HD 7850 OC
Storage Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB; OCZ Vertex IV 128GB (OS Only)
Display(s) Soyo 22'' 1680x1050
Case Cooler Master HAF 922 (Black Interior)
Audio Device(s) 7.1 OnBoard
Power Supply Thermaltake EVO_Blue 750W
Benchmark Scores 3D MArk Vantage P19776 GPU20543 CPU17785
thats ok but...where is bulldozer???

System Name ODIN
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite AX V2
Cooling Dark Rock 4
Memory G Skill RipjawsV F4 3600 Mhz C16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Ventus 3X OC LHR
Storage Crucial 2 TB M.2 SSD :: WD Blue M.2 1TB SSD :: 1 TB WD Black VelociRaptor
Display(s) Dell S2716DG 27" 144 Hz G-SYNC
Case Fractal Meshify C
Audio Device(s) Onboard Audio
Power Supply Antec HCP 850 80+ Gold
Mouse Corsair M65
Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB Lux
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Benchmark Scores I don't benchmark.
They went with a traditional BIOS instead of UEFI? I wonder if there was a reason for it. Are they just reserving that particular feature for their high-end AM3+ socket boards?

They went with a traditional BIOS instead of UEFI? I wonder if there was a reason for it. Are they just reserving that particular feature for their high-end AM3+ socket boards?

I thought that am3+ still used the old bios also? anyway im more interested in the asrock models. more feature packed, should be cheaper and are uefi.

System Name ODIN
Cooling Dark Rock 4
Storage Crucial 2 TB M.2 SSD :: WD Blue M.2 1TB SSD :: 1 TB WD Black VelociRaptor
Case Fractal Meshify C
Mouse Corsair M65
I thought that am3+ still used the old bios also? anyway im more interested in the asrock models. more feature packed, should be cheaper and are uefi.

Nope it is up the board manufactures. ASRock used the UEFI on every last one of their A75 and 990 boards so far. Some companies save it for the high end (like here). I agree as ASRock will offer the UEFI on even their cheap, mATX boards makes them a little more appealing to me. Though I am bit of a fan of the MSI Winki OS. It is an interesting and very power efficient idea.

System Name ODIN
Cooling Dark Rock 4
Case Fractal Meshify C
Mouse Corsair M65
Yeah what I meant was I'm pretty sure Gigabytes am3+ boards are all standard bios.

Oh, you could be right. There are a number of OC and BIOS tools they would have to abandon or complete redesign to get them to support UEFI. So this may be a case of them sticking with their in-house software brands instead of switching over.