• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The power of vitamin D

T

twilyth

This is an excellent article in an excellent publication (Science News).

It catalogs the current controversy about the amount of D we need in our diets (or from sun exposure) and lists the huge number of bodily functions that it is critical for.

Here is just a sampling.

Another study in the United States showed that substantially more people with low vitamin D develop upper respiratory infections than do people with more of the vitamin, and taking up to 2,000 IU a day reduced such infections by two-thirds in one trial. A Dutch research team also reported online in May in Pediatrics that babies with low levels of vitamin D at birth were several times as prone to develop a severe respiratory viral infection in the first year of life as were newborns with ample amounts.

Fighting infection is all well and good, but too much immunity can be a terrible thing. Ask anyone with an autoimmune disease, in which crossed-up immune defenses attack a person’s own tissues. Even milder immune missteps such as asthma and allergy can be difficult to endure.

But taking extra vitamin D doesn’t exacerbate these immune overreactions. If anything it provides an immune gyroscope that moderates them. “Vitamin D makes the immune system smarter, not stronger,” says John Cannell, a forensic psychiatrist at Atascadero State Hospital in California who also studies vitamin D.

Allergy, an immune reaction to innocuous substances, offers an example. When researchers led by Michal Melamed of the Albert Einstein College of Medicine in New York City analyzed vitamin D levels of more than 3,000 children, allergies to peanut, oak and ragweed showed up more often in children with less than 15 nanograms of vitamin D per milli*liter of blood than in kids with at least 30 ng/ml, a level many scientists consider the minimum for good health.
access
Enlargemagnify
ON THE MAPScientists who study vitamin D can't help but notice that a host of diseases seem to vary with latitude. Type 1 diabetes, multiple sclerosis and even some cancers appear to be more common in areas that get less sun -- meaning less opportunity for the body to produce vitamin D. The maps above illustrate the apparent link between solar radiation and breast cancer mortality rates.Source, from top: D. M. Harris and V.L.W. Go / /J. of Nutrition 2004; National Cancer Institute

“Vitamin D is seen as essential in immune function,” says Melamed, an epidemiologist and nephrologist. In theory, she says, lacking it early in life disrupts the immune system “and you start having immune reactions to things you should tolerate.”

Asthma, another immune malfunction that can wreak havoc in the lungs, also shows links to low vitamin D levels. In a study conducted at National Jewish Health respiratory hospital in Denver, researchers found that people with asthma who also had low levels of vitamin D had poorer lung function than asthmatics who had higher levels of the vitamin. The results, reported in 2010 in the American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, show that harboring less than 30 ng/ml of vitamin D was associated with higher concentrations of TNF-alpha, an immune protein known to exacerbate inflammation.

A more destructive immune revolt called autoimmunity has a link to vitamin D as plain as a map of the world. Patients with the autoimmune condition type 1 diabetes, or juvenile-onset diabetes, have to receive insulin injections for life because insulin-making cells in the pancreas are killed off by a self-directed onslaught. Cedric Garland, a public health researcher at the University of California, San Diego, has mapped type 1 diabetes around the globe, noting low rates in Barbados, Brazil, Sudan, Algeria and Cuba but a high rate of the disease in Finland, Scotland, Norway, Sweden and New Zealand. In 2008 in Diabetologia, he and colleagues note that the latitude effect follows sun exposure closely.

There are exceptions. Sunny Sardinia has the highest type 1 diabetes rate in the world, apparently because of the population’s genetic profile, and Latvia ranks low. But the overall trend is unmistakable. Many researchers have also noted a latitude trend in multiple sclerosis, a suspected autoimmune disease that is practically unknown in the tropics and most common in Scandinavia.

Because these observations constitute indirect evidence and not causality, some scientists dismiss the latitude theory. But under a microscope, the evidence becomes more direct.

Multiple sclerosis researcher Jorge Correale of the Raúl Carrea Institute for Neurological Research in Buenos Aires has found that patients in the throes of an MS relapse have vitamin D levels lower than do healthy people or patients in remission. MS is marked by inflammation that damages nerve coatings. Vitamin D enhances the development of an inflammation-fighting protein called interleukin-10 and reduces production of two pro-inflammatory proteins in blood from patients, Correale’s team reported in 2009 in Brain.

Try to read the whole article if you're at all interested. I guarantee you will be amazed.

Vitamin D differs from other vitamins in one major way: It is nearly impossible to get enough of it in the diet naturally. Instead, the sun provides it.

After the ultraviolet rays of the sun trigger the synthesis of vitamin D in the skin, the body modifies the vitamin into a steroid hormone. Such hormones are heavy hitters in molecular biology, which probably explains the vitamin’s seemingly broad benefits — ranging from maintaining bone strength to sharpening mental acuity.

Vitamin D triggers a huge range of cell activities by binding to the aptly named vitamin D receptor, a protein docking port found on cells throughout the body. This connection — like a password opening up a new computer screen — instructs the cell to activate or silence certain genes. Gene activity in turn influences which proteins are made or not made by the cell. Since the vitamin D receptor is found on a wide array of cell types, such gene tweaking can influence immune reactions, cell growth, muscle maintenance, calcium absorption, metabolism and other processes.

Sreeram Ramagopalan, a geneticist at Oxford University in England, and his colleagues reported in 2010 in Genome Research that more than 200 genes are awakened or silenced by vitamin D binding to its receptor. Other evidence suggests the number of genes indirectly affected by vitamin D could exceed 2,000.

The infection fighting ability was discovered inadvertently a century ago when doctors treated tuberculosis patients with rest in the sun. Except no one understood why the cure worked. Now we do.

System Name The Fouth Light
Processor i7-2600K @ 3.80GHz (1.35voltage)
Motherboard GA-P67A-UD4-B3
Cooling Corsair H50
Memory 8GB DDR3 Corsair Vengence 1600MHz (8-8-8-24)
Video Card(s) 2x GTX460 @ Stock
Storage Cosair GTX Neutron 120GB + 2xWD Carviar Black 640GB RAID0
Display(s) Samsung S27B970D 27 Inch
Case Thermaltake Element V Full tower
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar Essense STX
Power Supply Corsair HX1000W
Software Windows 7 64bit Ultimate
Well, this topic is really important for us basement dwellers :D

I hardly go out that's why my bones and especially my back hurts me sometimes.

I try to stay outside for 5 minutes every day at 2:00 PM but man the sun here is really scorching, it's like sitting with a massive hair dryer on your whole body, you can literally feel your skin tightening :D

System Name 192.168.1.1~192.168.1.100
Processor AMD Ryzen5 5600G.
Motherboard Gigabyte B550m DS3H.
Cooling AMD Wraith Stealth.
Memory 16GB Crucial DDR4.
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 1080 OC (Underclocked, underpowered).
Storage Samsung 980 NVME 500GB && Assortment of SSDs.
Display(s) LG 24MK430 primary && Samsung S24D590 secondary
Case Corsair Graphite 780T.
Audio Device(s) On-Board.
Power Supply SeaSonic CORE GM-650.
Mouse Coolermaster MM530.
Keyboard Kingston HyperX Alloy FPS.
VR HMD A pair of OP spectacles.
Software Ubuntu 22.04 LTS.
Benchmark Scores Me no know English. What bench mean? Bench like one sit on?
I try to stay outside for 5 minutes every day at 2:00 PM but man the sun here is really scorching, it's like sitting with a massive hair dryer on your whole body, you can literally feel your skin tightening :D

Same. except that with the insane prices on the electricity down here, no one dares to leave an AC unit turned on the entire day. Doubt any one here has a vit D deficiency. Hell, I think I'm OD'ed :eek:

System Name Vintage
Processor i7 - 3770K @ Stock
Cooling Scythe Zipang II
Memory 2x4GB Crucial DDR3
Video Card(s) MSI GTX970
Storage M4 124GB SSD// WD Black 640GB// WD Black 1TB//Samsung F3 1.5TB
Display(s) Samsung SM223BW 21.6"
Case Generic
Power Supply Corsair HX 520W
Software Windows 7
I thought vitamin D is a fundamental component of DNA synthesis?

EDIT: nope just remembered that that is B6.

Last edited:
T

twilyth

Well, this topic is really important for us basement dwellers :D

I hardly go out that's why my bones and especially my back hurts me sometimes.

That's part of the problem with the huge divergence in opinion. One group that sets the standard for minimum daily allotment (Institute of Medicine, IOM) thinks that raising it from 200IU's to 600IU's is adequate but the Endocrine Society thinks it should be 1500-2000IU's. Part of the reason is that the amount people get from sun exposure varies tremendously.

I get burned too easily so I'm content to take the supplement. At 400IU's per day, I was way, way under the lower end of the normal range. Now I'm on 1000IU and I have to get tested again, but this is the first year I didn't get sick over the winter - I had gotten sick every single year for at least a decade before that. So I'm a believer.

Thatguy

I find the prevelance of immuno disease higher in countrys with high infant vaccination rates. is this a wierd statistic ?

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
That's part of the problem with the huge divergence in opinion. One group that sets the standard for minimum daily allotment (Institute of Medicine, IOM) thinks that raising it from 200IU's to 600IU's is adequate but the Endocrine Society thinks it should be 1500-2000IU's. Part of the reason is that the amount people get from sun exposure varies tremendously.

I get burned too easily so I'm content to take the supplement. At 400IU's per day, I was way, way under the lower end of the normal range. Now I'm on 1000IU and I have to get tested again, but this is the first year I didn't get sick over the winter - I had gotten sick every single year for at least a decade before that. So I'm a believer.

I've been taking 2000IIU's a day for about 9 months now and I haven't been sick, I didn't even have any seasonal allergies this year, plus I have more energy and don't feel run down as often. I really don't get a lot of sun either.

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
interesting stuff

Wile E

Power User
System Name The ClusterF**k
Processor 980X @ 4Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 BIOS F12
Cooling MCR-320, DDC-1 pump w/Bitspower res top (1/2" fittings), Koolance CPU-360
Memory 3x2GB Mushkin Redlines 1600Mhz 6-8-6-24 1T
Video Card(s) Evga GTX 580
Storage Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB, 2xSeagate 320GB RAID0; 2xSeagate 3TB; 2xSamsung 2TB; Samsung 1.5TB
Display(s) HP LP2475w 24" 1920x1200 IPS
Case Technofront Bench Station
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte into Onkyo SR606 and Polk TSi200's + RM6750
Power Supply ENERMAX Galaxy EVO EGX1250EWT 1250W
Software Win7 Ultimate N x64, OSX 10.8.4
I have allergic reactions when I have too much vitamin D. It's especially bad in the sunlight. I get pretty severe Eczema and hives if I'm out in the sun for more than 30 minutes or so. I'm fine when I drink things like milk tho. I only drink it in my coffee, so maybe the dose is low enough? Who knows?

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Motherboard AsRock B760M Steel Legend Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Memory 4x 16 Gb Gskill S5 DDR5 @6000
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming OC 6750 XT 12GB
Storage WD_BLACK 4TB SN850x
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Case Corsair Carbide 400C
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 650 P2
Mouse MX Master 3s
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless Clicky
Software The Matrix
go outside. novel idea...

System Name Vintage
Cooling Scythe Zipang II
Video Card(s) MSI GTX970
Case Generic
Software Windows 7
I have allergic reactions when I have too much vitamin D. It's especially bad in the sunlight. I get pretty severe Eczema and hives if I'm out in the sun for more than 30 minutes or so. I'm fine when I drink things like milk tho. I only drink it in my coffee, so maybe the dose is low enough? Who knows?

Do you have any parathyroid problems or bone breakages? Just out of curiosity

Make sure you use skin protection, i get burnt in even light sun and also i get headaches ect from the heat. Also you can take too much vitamin D but its unlikely to get too much from direct sunlight.

I know dark skinned people need a lot of sun light to get vitamin D, a family member works in the bio chem lab offices here and sees all the records and most of the time you see Asians with vitamin D deficiency because they cant get enough from the sun here.

Something to do with melanin and skin tone, i am pale because i need to be to take in more vitamin D from the sun because of a lack of sunlight in Scotland. Thats why in like Nigeria the people are mostly very dark skinned its like a natural form of skin protection. Pigmentation is determined by melanin, everybody knows this though or should i imagine.

I knew vitamin D was beneficial but its interesting to see that they say people get sick in winter due to lack vitamin D through sunlight.

Respect2Glory

I believe it's important to get at least 15 minutes of sun a day. I don't think it matters when and we should avoid the hottest part of the day especially during hot days. Also, don't forget to stay hydrated, and avoiding alcohol and caffeine.

Processor Core i5 3570K
Motherboard AsRock z77 Pro4
Cooling Zalman CNPS10X Extreme
Memory 2x4GB GSkill Sniper
Video Card(s) MSI GTX970 Gaming
Storage 240GB OCZ ARC 100, Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB
Display(s) LG 23" 1920x1080
Case Antec P100
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Antec Edge 750W
Software Windows 8.1 Pro 64
I believe it's important to get at least 15 minutes of sun a day. I don't think it matters when and we should avoid the hottest part of the day especially during hot days. Also, don't forget to stay hydrated, and avoiding alcohol and caffeine.

It's ideas like this that are keeping our country obese and lazy. Only 15 minutes outside? Really? I remember being outside all day during hot California summers and having no ill effects past being tired and dirty. Now we're trying to talk our kids into going outside for an hour a day with commercials with football players. Fifteen minutes is chump change.

T

twilyth

I think the point was for sun exposure to produce vitamin D, not for general exercise or overall well-being. Anyway, you have to try to be nice to the new members. :slap: :D

System Name Vintage
Cooling Scythe Zipang II
Video Card(s) MSI GTX970
Case Generic
Software Windows 7
Asians with vitamin D deficiency because they cant get enough from the sun here.

That's most likely because they cover themselves up in accordance with their religion/culture.

Not trolling, it's a fact.

Last edited by a moderator:

Captain.Abrecan

System Name MHI 0000001
Processor Intel Pentium D 950 Presler
Motherboard Asus P5N-32 SLI
Cooling Stock Air
Memory 4x Corsair ValueRAM DDR2 667 1GB
Video Card(s) EVGA 9800 GTX
Storage 4x Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200RPM
Display(s) HP 17" CRT 1600x1200
Case Thermaltake Armor Black
Audio Device(s) Creative Soundblaster
Power Supply Thermaltake Toughpower 850
Software Microsoft Windows XP Professional
It's ideas like this that are keeping our country obese and lazy. Only 15 minutes outside? Really? I remember being outside all day during hot California summers and having no ill effects past being tired and dirty. Now we're trying to talk our kids into going outside for an hour a day with commercials with football players. Fifteen minutes is chump change.

I agree. I can spend all day outside. Or more than a whole day, depending on fireside entertainment. When I was a kid, I used to wake up at 5, and make sandwiches to bring on a hike. My friends and I would take the power lines across the next few towns, and then turn around and come home at about 8pm. We did that every day for summer vacation, for about 7 years in a row. Explored the woods of the entire county, mapped every trail in every zipcode.

I don't see kids outside anymore.

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Motherboard AsRock B760M Steel Legend Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Memory 4x 16 Gb Gskill S5 DDR5 @6000
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming OC 6750 XT 12GB
Storage WD_BLACK 4TB SN850x
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Case Corsair Carbide 400C
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 650 P2
Mouse MX Master 3s
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless Clicky
Software The Matrix
I agree. I can spend all day outside. Or more than a whole day, depending on fireside entertainment. When I was a kid, I used to wake up at 5, and make sandwiches to bring on a hike. My friends and I would take the power lines across the next few towns, and then turn around and come home at about 8pm. We did that every day for summer vacation, for about 7 years in a row. Explored the woods of the entire county, mapped every trail in every zipcode.

why go outside when you can do it virtually in WoW ?:laugh:

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 2600
Motherboard MSI B450 Gaming Plus
Memory GSkill 8GB Dual Channel DDR4-2800
Video Card(s) MSI GamingX RX580 4GB
Storage Kingston V300 240GB SSD + WD Green 2TB
Display(s) ACER K212HL 27" + Haier 55" + Lenovo Explorer Mixed Reality Headset
Case Enermax Ostrog (Red)
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA B2 750W
Software Win10 64bit
That's most likely because they cover themselves up in accordance with their religion/culture.

Not trolling, it's a fact.

Here in Taiwan they cover up because they don't want to be though of as labours.

the original reason behind the obsession with the lighter skin has more to do with social class differences than 'want what you don't have' syndrome. It was believed that a lighter complexion is associated with wealth and higher education levels, whereas darker skin alludes to a life of outdoor labor toiling in the sun.

source: http://uniorb.com/ATREND/asianwhite.html

Wrigleyvillain

PTFO or GTFO
System Name DarkStar
Processor i5 3570K 4.4Ghz
Motherboard Asrock Z77 Extreme 3
Cooling Apogee HD White/XSPC Razer blocks
Memory 8GB Samsung Green 1600
Video Card(s) 2 x GTX 670 4GB
Storage 2 x 120GB Samsung 830
Display(s) 27" QNIX
Case Enthoo Pro
Power Supply Seasonic Platinum 760
Mouse Steelseries Sensei
Keyboard Ducky Pro MX Black
Software Windows 8.1 x64

Come to my neighborhood in the summer. They're out there until 11PM. Of course this is partly because it's colder than a witch's tit around here 9 months a year.

System Name My Classified System
Processor Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge
Motherboard ASUS P8Z77-V
Cooling Koolance CPU-380I, XSPC RX360, XSPC Dual 5.25" Bay Reservoir with Single Laing DDC
Memory G.SKILL Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 2133
Video Card(s) EVGA 04G-P4-3988-KR GeForce GTX 980 Classified with EK-FC980 GTX Classy Waterblock
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue WD3200AAKS 320GB
Display(s) Acer S220HQLAbd Black 21.5" 5ms LED Backlight Widescreen LCD Monitor
Case NZXT SWITCH 810 Black
Audio Device(s) Onboard HD Audio
Power Supply Thermaltake - 850-Watt TR2 RX Power Supply
Mouse Black Microsoft Wheel Optical USB Mouse
Keyboard Black Microsoft USB Keyboard 2000
Software Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64 Bit
Several years ago we had grass fires here that caused real bad air quality. I developed a breathing problem that finally put me in the ER. I had a severe respiratory viral infection and pneumonia was mentioned. My primary physician saw the xrays and got me an appointment with an endocrinologist. She at first thought I had a calcium or thyroid problem but after a couple of blood tests it turns out that I had a vitamin D deficiency. So my trip to the ER got me help for muscle and back pains.

I started out taking a 50,000 IU capsule each week then one a month and now one every two weeks. I started out with blood tests every 3 months but now every 6 months. I do feel a lot better when I take these capsules every two weeks.

System Name Loose nuts & bolts
Processor FX-8350 - EK Supreme HF full nickel
Motherboard ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0
Cooling Water EK goodness all around 2xBlack Ice X-280
Memory 2 x8G HyperX Fury 1600 @ 9-9-9-24-1T
Video Card(s) 2 x XFX RX 480 w/EK-FC RX 480 nickel+Acetal
Storage Samsung 850 Evo + 2xWD Black 500GB in RAID0
Display(s) Crossover 27" 2560x1440 110Hz OC
Case Cooler Master HAF XB EVO
Audio Device(s) on board
Power Supply Corsair HX850
Software Win 10 Enterprise x64
ON THE MAPScientists who study vitamin D can't help but notice that a host of diseases seem to vary with latitude. Type 1 diabetes, multiple sclerosis and even some cancers appear to be more common in areas that get less sun -- meaning less opportunity for the body to produce vitamin D. The maps above illustrate the apparent link between solar radiation and breast cancer mortality rates.Source, from top: D. M. Harris and V.L.W. Go / /J. of Nutrition 2004; National Cancer Institute

This is a serious subject and I apologize if I offend anybody but...

If I read between the lines, does this mean we should be seeing more topless women?

For health reasons of course :D

System Name White Boy
Processor Core i7 3770k @4.6 Ghz
Motherboard ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe
Cooling CORSAIR H100
Memory CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB @ 2177
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 680 CLASSIEFIED @ 1250 Core
Storage 2 Samsung 830 256 GB (Raid 0) 1 Hitachi 4 TB
Display(s) 1 Dell 30U11 30"
Case BIT FENIX Prodigy
Audio Device(s) none
Power Supply SeaSonic X750 Gold 750W Modular
Software Windows Pro 7 64 bit || Ubuntu 64 Bit
Benchmark Scores 2017 Unigine Heaven :: P37239 3D Mark Vantage
I knew that you were supposed to take vitamin D if you use sun screen, just didn't know why, now I do, thanks a bunch.

Wile E

Power User
System Name The ClusterF**k
Processor 980X @ 4Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 BIOS F12
Cooling MCR-320, DDC-1 pump w/Bitspower res top (1/2" fittings), Koolance CPU-360
Memory 3x2GB Mushkin Redlines 1600Mhz 6-8-6-24 1T
Video Card(s) Evga GTX 580
Storage Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB, 2xSeagate 320GB RAID0; 2xSeagate 3TB; 2xSamsung 2TB; Samsung 1.5TB
Display(s) HP LP2475w 24" 1920x1200 IPS
Case Technofront Bench Station
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte into Onkyo SR606 and Polk TSi200's + RM6750
Power Supply ENERMAX Galaxy EVO EGX1250EWT 1250W
Software Win7 Ultimate N x64, OSX 10.8.4
Do you have any parathyroid problems or bone breakages? Just out of curiosity

Not afaik on thyroid issues, but I haven't been tested. What would I be looking for in terms of symptoms? And no bone breakages that are out of the ordinary (aka: all bone breakages happened in situations where bone breaking would be an expected outcome).

Why, do you have ideas that will get me back out in the sun? lol