• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

MSI Announces CR430 Multimedia Laptop, More Back for Buck

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
MSI just rolled out its CR430 multimedia laptop computer with the new generation AMD dual-core E-450 CPU and AMD Radeon HD 6320 discrete-class display chip under the hood. The new processor and graphics chip mark a huge improvement over previous generations with power that puts them on par with discrete graphics card. What's more, the CR430 also sports SRS PC Sound with superior cinema-class stereo surround sound, which coupled with MSI's exclusive Cinema Pro image enhancement technology, maximizes display performance to provide you the ultimate multimedia experience.

Eric Kuo, associate vice president for global sales, MSI Notebook, points out that in addition to offering outstanding performance and top-of-the-line sound, the CR430 multimedia laptop computer comes with a chicklet keyboard and nickel-plated touchpad keys with a nice, solid feel. The multipoint touchpad can be used to scroll as well as to change the size of and rotate pictures, making your digital life just that much more enjoyable.

Leading edge of technology and craftsmanship
New AMD APU architecture processor: The CR430 is equipped with AMD's new generation dual core E-450 processor. In addition to boasting two cores with clocking speeds of 1.65GHz, it sports the AMD Radeon HD 6320 discrete class display chip which supports DirectX 11 for more vivid, higher definition pictures, offering powerful processing and display performance on par with discrete graphics cards.

Stylish exterior: The cover and palm rest areas are graced with MSI's own color film print with checkerboard design, protecting the CR430 against scratching and wear, while adding a touch of class.

High resolution webcam: The CR430 comes with a 720p high resolution webcam, so when you video chat with friends and family, you can enjoy smooth, crisp, hiccup-free pictures. If you prefer a bigger screen for your HD films, the CR430 comes equipped with an HDMI slot for connecting to televisions or projectors.

Exclusive MSI applications
MSI S-Bar: When you depress the S-Bar hotkey on the CR430, all function controls, including the webcam, projector, wireless, Bluetooth, volume, screen brightness, and standby status, pop up on the screen, so you don't have to waste time searching for them.

Facial recognition and photo management software: The CR430 comes preloaded with MSI's own facial recognition software which works in concert with the high definition webcam to protect your data biometrically, putting your accounts under one lock and key - your unique facial features. It remembers your passwords, so you don't have to. What's more, it features MSI's Easy Viewer photo management software, so you can enlarge, reduce, or rotate pictures with your mouse. Sharing photos with friends and family was never easier or more enjoyable.

i-Charger technology: The CR430 also comes with MSI's i-Charger technology which pumps more power through USB slots, so you can recharge devices up to three times faster. Now, while others sit around waiting for their mobile devices to recharge, you can be using yours.

ECO Engine: MSI's ECO Engine power-saving technology lets you select from among five power management levels-Video Game, Film, Presentation, Word Processing, and Turbo Battery, to automatically adjust computer performance and display brightness to optimize power use and maximize battery life.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name White Boy
Processor Core i7 3770k @4.6 Ghz
Motherboard ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe
Cooling CORSAIR H100
Memory CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB @ 2177
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 680 CLASSIEFIED @ 1250 Core
Storage 2 Samsung 830 256 GB (Raid 0) 1 Hitachi 4 TB
Display(s) 1 Dell 30U11 30"
Case BIT FENIX Prodigy
Audio Device(s) none
Power Supply SeaSonic X750 Gold 750W Modular
Software Windows Pro 7 64 bit || Ubuntu 64 Bit
Benchmark Scores 2017 Unigine Heaven :: P37239 3D Mark Vantage
Isn't this more of a net book than a laptop, with it's ultra LP parts ?

System Name Epsilon
Processor A12-9800E 35watts
Motherboard MSI Grenade AM4
Cooling Stock
Memory 2x4GB DDR4 2400 Kingston Hyper X
Video Card(s) Radeon R7 (IGP / APU)
Storage Samsung Spinpoint F1
Display(s) AOC 29" Ultra wide
Case Generic
Power Supply Antec Earthwatts 380w
Software Windows 10
Isn't this more of a net book than a laptop, with it's ultra LP parts ?

I had an MSI VR 630 and I miss it so much... it came with a turion X2 and an Nvidia 9100 IGP

I don't think a notebook qualifies as a netbook unless it got an Atom+intel IGP in it, but anyway there's an advantage of LP... Low Performance = Affordable + good battery life (if not decent).