• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD Rushes Out Catalyst Rage Performance Driver

System Name JIM LAHEY
Processor CORE I9 9900K
Motherboard ASROCK Z390 TAICHI
Cooling COUGAR HELOR 360 AIO
Memory 32GB TRIDENT Z RGB DDR4-3200
Video Card(s) EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 ULTRA
Storage SAMSUNG EVO 1TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG STRIX 4K UG27UQR
Case THERMALTAKE VIEW 37
Audio Device(s) STEELSERIES ARCTIS 7 WIRELESS
Power Supply EVGA SUPERNOVA G+ 1000
Mouse STEELSERIES RIVAL 600
Keyboard STEELSERIES APEX 7 TKL
Software WINDOWS 10 ENTERPRISE
Benchmark Scores WUT
Is this the "new" version of that Rage driver? Last night they had one out too that made things 10x worse.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
This is the new version:

Latest AMD Rage hotfix drivers (that work) for DL: http://www2.ati.com/Drivers/hotfix/a...nce_driver.exe

I tested them myself, and performance is good now, no more flickering or glitchy rendering

*These also work fine with BF3 Beta. No CAP install needed.

Last edited:
System Name White Boy
Processor Core i7 3770k @4.6 Ghz
Motherboard ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe
Cooling CORSAIR H100
Memory CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB @ 2177
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 680 CLASSIEFIED @ 1250 Core
Storage 2 Samsung 830 256 GB (Raid 0) 1 Hitachi 4 TB
Display(s) 1 Dell 30U11 30"
Case BIT FENIX Prodigy
Audio Device(s) none
Power Supply SeaSonic X750 Gold 750W Modular
Software Windows Pro 7 64 bit || Ubuntu 64 Bit
Benchmark Scores 2017 Unigine Heaven :: P37239 3D Mark Vantage
What's with all the specialty drivers as of late? Is this a belated attempt to make up for years of mediocre console ports with graphics that look terribad ?

System Name Aluminum Mallard
Processor Ryzen 1900x
Motherboard AsRock Phantom 6
Cooling AIO
Memory 8GB
Video Card(s) ASUS Strix 1080Ti
Storage SSD
Display(s) Benq Zowie
Case Cosmos 1000
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply Corsair CX750
Software Win10 Home
Benchmark Scores 31 FPS in Dalaran.
What's with all the specialty drivers as of late? Is this a belated attempt to make up for years of mediocre console ports with graphics that look terribad ?

...or maybe Nvidia and AMD want to make sure that AAA titles work optimally with their hardware between WHQL driver releases?

System Name JIM LAHEY
Processor CORE I9 9900K
Storage SAMSUNG EVO 1TB
Case THERMALTAKE VIEW 37
Benchmark Scores WUT
System Name Pc-1
Processor 5820k @ 4.5
Motherboard Asrock X99 extreme 4
Cooling Custom Loop for cpu 240mm rad + 120mm rad 3x corsair Sp120 led EK-Supremacy Cpu Block
Memory 16Gb Crucial 2133@ 2700 cl14
Video Card(s) Gigabyte G1 Gaming Gtx 980Ti
Storage 2x Ocz Arc 100 240Gb SSD 1x os drive 1x games , 2 x 3Tb Seagates In Raid 0
Display(s) Acer Predator X34
Case Corsair Air 540
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Fsp 1200w Gold
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Corsair K90
Software Win 10 64bit
Benchmark Scores http://www.3dmark.com/fs/5518094 http://www.3dmark.com/fs/5517745 http://www.3dmark.com/fs/5501587
Buggy Drivers My Ass

the new amd drivers are awesome no problems and a 100 point increase in 3dmark 11 score to boot dont know what all the complaining is about i think most people just dont know how to use there computer its not hard hell i didnt even uninstall the old drivers and it still works sweet have run both the battlefield 3 driver and the preview all working sweet However My Hardware is up to the Task HD 6970 and a 1090t with 8 gig ram

System Name JIM LAHEY
Processor CORE I9 9900K
Storage SAMSUNG EVO 1TB
Case THERMALTAKE VIEW 37
Benchmark Scores WUT
the new amd drivers are awesome no problems and a 100 point increase in 3dmark 11 score to boot dont know what all the complaining is about i think most people just dont know how to use there computer its not hard hell i didnt even uninstall the old drivers and it still works sweet have run both the battlefield 3 driver and the preview all working sweet However My Hardware is up to the Task HD 6970 and a 1090t with 8 gig ram

Um, No. the ones that are having issues have been running it since the midnight release. It had huge issues before the newest hotfix. Pop-In's, slow texture loading (which is still there) Artifacts, crashing, very low framerates, etc..

The AMD driver half assedness is inexcusable. This game wasn't developed just last week. What on earth has AMD been doing to not have working release drivers until after the game arrives? Even the hotfix has problems. Catalyst 11.9 should be workable with a major release that has been in the works for 5 years or so.

System Name Komputor
Processor 2500k
Motherboard p5b d
Cooling stock
Memory 8gigs ddr 1600
Video Card(s) Asus Turbo GTX 970 4 gig
Storage sata II 500 gig
Display(s) 30inch Dell ultrasharp
Case Haf 922
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Prelude
Power Supply 600w OCZ stealthxtream
Mouse Razer Death Adder
Keyboard Logitech G15
Software Win 7 home premium 64 bit.
Ive thought for a long while now that this game is going to be a flop. Hope not , but not too excited. Whenever there is too much media hype on the amazing graphics and engine of a game, you can always bet it's prolly not a great game. Except for BF3 :)

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
I really like it when a TWIMTBP logo is on a game and yet plays better on an ATI card, LMAO!

Hardly true. If they didnt give a damn. about hardware for any game. then they wouldnt be in the business of making hardware like graphics cards and motherboards.
and AMD/Nvidia wouldnt pay to have their logos & slogans advertised in a game.

Nvidia has quite often payed a lot of money to devs to make games more 'optimised' for their graphic cards. AMD probably does the same, but on a much lesser scale.

It is obvious they care. So what if fixes for games sometimes come much later then expected? I few months ago AMD released drivers that had fixes for Company of heroes. the game has been out for a long time, but still better late then never

Im sorry for the problems you are having with AMD/Nvidia drivers but,
Ive never had a 'not working' driver from AMD. I cant even remember the last time I had major issues with their drivers. but i tend to stay away from beta or preview drivers and wait for the official drivers that are WHQL signed and have been through QA and not fast-tracked/rushed through.

BF3 beta has its own problems. Beta drivers have their own. Im sure AMD/Nvidia had access to the game a lot lot earlier then most people did so they could test their drivers out and make sure everything performs well. Unfortunately, rushing causes mistakes. same thing can be said about running with a pair of sharp scissors or a knife in your hand/pocket etc etc etc.

So you automaticaly assume that no one here knows how to install/uninstall new drivers properly and just like the AMD/Nvidia driver team, are utterly useless and totally incapable of using a program such as driver sweeper? and we just like to bitch and moan about everything.

Bugged drivers are bugged, no amount of rainbows, pixie dust and dancing Leprechauns are going to unbug them unless AMD/Nvidia release a fix or find the bugs just in time.

Theyve always given a damn unlike some companies (Asus soundcard dept and Creative come to mind) but you've just been too dumb to notice it.

---------

my Cat 11.9's work just fine with BF3 and any game i play without any CTDs or BSODs thank you very much.

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.

WarraWarra

ROFL
Sry dude that you presumed I am attacking you or anyone here.
I will adjust my writing / language translations to a more USA language.

I was just pointing out the obvious issues they have everyday and giving the driver developer a compliment or "British style compliment" . Seems you are in UK so you should know about British compliments.

Quality was bad and some drivers did not work, think the 5000 series had major issues for a long time as did SLI / Xfire, xfire still has problems. Some issues have improved.

Amazing that they are actually doing something about the drivers for specific games, that is something unheard of just 1+years ago.

Kids and testing, here I have no clue if you know how to work with drivers so no it is not against you but there is a lot of clowns reporting issues on false positives.

Same for AMD and NVidia in house testing it was bad and improving but still not there yet.

Either way lots of talk, the fact remains we all should be glad that our complaining yesterday has done this and is helping All pc users today. Otherwise we would still be waiting for fully functional driver.

Driver:
1. Working = works on some hardware not great but works / get the screen to show something and some game issues = bronze drivers.
2. Fully functional = works on all hardware less than 15% game issues = silver drivers.
3. Excellent drivers = works on all hardware / gold standard / has less than 1% issues in any games / beta games.
4. Perfect drivers = platinum drivers, no issues, nearly no faults / no bugs and works on anything including Linux and OSX.

O and complain, when you want to create 15000 jobs in the USA and same in UK and told my blond hair / skin color is incorrect or the country you are born in even though your direct family is USA and UK born citizen then you can complain like I do and not pay $120m tax per year on 1 small standing order. I will not mention the other crap that is said on a daily basis.
When you get there give me a call. :rockout:

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
ROFL
Sry dude that you presumed I am attacking you or anyone here.
I will adjust my writing / language translations to a more USA language.

I was just pointing out the obvious issues they have everyday and giving the driver developer a compliment or "British style compliment" . Seems you are in UK so you should know about British compliments.

Quality was bad and some drivers did not work, think the 5000 series had major issues for a long time as did SLI / Xfire, xfire still has problems. Some issues have improved.

Amazing that they are actually doing something about the drivers for specific games, that is something unheard of just 1+years ago.

Kids and testing, here I have no clue if you know how to work with drivers so no it is not against you but there is a lot of clowns reporting issues on false positives.

Same for AMD and NVidia in house testing it was bad and improving but still not there yet.

Either way lots of talk, the fact remains we all should be glad that our complaining yesterday has done this and is helping All pc users today. Otherwise we would still be waiting for fully functional driver.

Driver:
1. Working = works on some hardware not great but works / get the screen to show something and some game issues = bronze drivers.
2. Fully functional = works on all hardware less than 15% game issues = silver drivers.
3. Excellent drivers = works on all hardware / gold standard / has less than 1% issues in any games / beta games.
4. Perfect drivers = platinum drivers, no issues, nearly no faults / no bugs and works on anything including Linux and OSX.

O and complain, when you want to create 15000 jobs in the USA and same in UK and told my blond hair / skin color is incorrect or the country you are born in even though your direct family is USA and UK born citizen then you can complain like I do and not pay $120m tax per year on 1 small standing order. I will not mention the other crap that is said on a daily basis.
When you get there give me a call. :rockout:

I have no idea what youre on about. Me being british doesnt mean that I download entirely different drivers to everyone else nor does it make me look at drivers for my hardware any differently. I down the same Catalyst drivers as everyone else does. And I have yet to hear anyone having major problems with their drivers to date until just recently when they released the preview drivers for BF3.

Multi-Gpu platforms will always have its fair share of problems, and with time they will improve. but i agree there is a lot more problems with multi-gpu setups, And some games just dont like crossfire or SLi too much.

Is it wrong for people to say they have problems with drivers??? Because its every bit as wrong just to lable them as kids that dont know how to install/reinstall drivers.

I still have no idea what you are on about.