• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Grand Theft Auto V Announcment Trailer Coming Nov. 2nd!!

There's a plane coming in from Las Venturas at the end of the trailer but it means nothing tho. :D

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
I doubt that it's all of San Andreas, most likely only one of the cities.

The thing in the video that tells me it's not just one city is the shot of the three people in the mountains. Just like SA, there's a countryside. I have no doubt that Las Venturas and San Fierro will be in the game as well. I like what I see so far. :)

*Also before San Andreas was released they didn't show the other two cities right away either. We'll get more trailers focusing on each city, desert and countryside.

System Name Eldritch
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF X570 Pro Wifi
Cooling Satan's butthole after going to Taco Bell
Memory 64 GB G.Skill TridentZ
Video Card(s) Vega 56
Storage 6*8TB Western Digital Blues in RAID 6, 2*512 GB Samsung 960 Pros
Display(s) Acer CB281HK
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro PH-ES614P_BK
Audio Device(s) ASUS Xonar DX
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 750 G2
Mouse Razer Viper 8K
Software Debian Bullseye
Red County is directly above Los Santos.

It's just that I figure it'll be really hard to recreate the entirety of San Andreas with the detail of or better than GTA IV, which you know they would do if they did all three cities.

Processor Intel Core i5-3570K
Motherboard Asus P8Z77-V Pro
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 8GB Mushkin Blackline DDR3-1600
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 670
Storage Intel 520 60GB, Seagate Barracuda XT 2TB
Display(s) BenQ 24" XL2420T
Case Corsair 550D
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser HD600, Audeze LCD-3F, Mytek Stereo 192 DSD, La Figaro 339, Burson HA-160, Geek Pulse X
Power Supply Corsair AX650
Mouse steelseries Sensei MLG edition
Keyboard Cooler Master QuickFire Pro
Software Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium

Last edited by a moderator:

Riotpump

System Name Hennyville
Processor Intel i5 2500k @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard MSI P67A-C43(gotta love OC genie)
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper N520
Memory Patriot G Series S5 8GB (2x 4GB) DDR3
Video Card(s) XFX Raedon HD 5750 1GB (OC'ed to stock 5770)
Storage 750GB Seagate Baracuda sata, 500GB Western Digital Blue sata, 650GB Samsung sata
Display(s) Dell E198WFP (1440x900)
Case Cooler Master HAF 922
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Ultra LSP750
Software Windows 7 Home Premium OEM 64bit w/ Windows 8 Metro UI overlay(Rainmeter)
Finally showed the engine off. Sadly with the right mods you can basically make GTA IV look like GTA V Five(that is kinda sad). I wonder how Icelaglance feels about this. Almost looks like a slight upgrade of his iCEnhancer work. Rockstar North definitely played around with the mods that made their last game look this way. Well at least it's all default and out the box now :laugh:.

v12dock

Block Caption of Rainey Street
Supporter
Finally showed the engine off. Sadly with the right mods you can basically make GTA IV look like GTA V Five(that is kinda sad). I wonder how Icelaglance feels about this. Almost looks like a slight upgrade of his iCEnhancer work. Rockstar North definitely played around with the mods that made their last game look this way. Well at least it's all default and out the box now :laugh:.

Ice had made an announcement (very negative) about gta5 but decided to remove it from facebook, a lot of people were bashing on him for it

Processor Intel
Motherboard MSI
Cooling Cooler Master
Memory Corsair
Video Card(s) Nvidia
Storage Samsung/Western Digital/ADATA
Display(s) Samsung
Case Thermaltake
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply Seasonic
Mouse A4TECH
Keyboard UniKey
Software Windows 10 x64

Riotpump

System Name Hennyville
Storage 750GB Seagate Baracuda sata, 500GB Western Digital Blue sata, 650GB Samsung sata
Audio Device(s) onboard
Software Windows 7 Home Premium OEM 64bit w/ Windows 8 Metro UI overlay(Rainmeter)
Big mountain looks like background. Probably you can't walk on it.

Which part? :wtf:

This part....http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=IfGIs-NiX-g and that's an older version of his mod. Basically it looks like a slightly upgraded version of the GTA IV that I can already load up and play.

I don't think they copied him blatantly or anything...but it's obvious they know about his work. Which is why I'm not surprised he has negative comments about how V Five looks. Do I want to play the game? Absolutely, however its seems in my opinion that someone had to think "we must make it at least look better than that".

Watching the GTA V Five trailer literally just made me think about how GTA IV currently looks on my system with iCEnhancer and other mods. I guess I just expected more. I do hope that others are right and that they are in SA all the signs seem to point to it. Though it would be a first for them if they brought back Tommy from VC. Even with their DLC they seem to like creating a new main character.

1Kurgan1

The Knife in your Back
System Name My Comp | Fiancees Comp
Processor i7 5820k @ 4.6Ghz 1.285v| i5 2500k
Motherboard MSI x99 SLI Plus | AsRock Z77 Pro 3
Cooling Watercooled
Memory 16GB DDR4 2400 @ 2666 | 12GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) AMD R9 290x | MSI 5850 OC
Storage 128gb SSD + 2x 2TB | 2TB
Display(s) Asus 27" LCD | 25" Hanns G
Case CM Storm | CM Elite 430
Audio Device(s) Creative Recon 3D PCIe
Power Supply Enermax Galaxy 1250W | Rosewill 630w
Mouse Logitech G700s | Logitech G100s
Keyboard Logitech G901 | Logitech G105
Software Win 8.1 Ultimate x64 | Win 8.1 Ultimate x64
Benchmark Scores 3D Mark - Fire Strike Extreme - 4403

Since when has GTA ever been about Graphic Quality? People play it for the amount of content, and the fact that it looks ok, but not horrible is fine for many. I personally am pretty impressed if that video was from consoles.

Processor Intel
Motherboard MSI
Cooling Cooler Master
Memory Corsair
Video Card(s) Nvidia
Storage Samsung/Western Digital/ADATA
Display(s) Samsung
Case Thermaltake
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply Seasonic
Mouse A4TECH
Keyboard UniKey
Software Windows 10 x64
This part....http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=IfGIs-NiX-g and that's an older version of his mod. Basically it looks like a slightly upgraded version of the GTA IV that I can already load up and play.

I don't think they copied him blatantly or anything...but it's obvious they know about his work. Which is why I'm not surprised he has negative comments about how V Five looks. Do I want to play the game? Absolutely, however its seems in my opinion that someone had to think "we must make it at least look better than that".

Watching the GTA V Five trailer literally just made me think about how GTA IV currently looks on my system with iCEnhancer and other mods. I guess I just expected more. I do hope that others are right and that they are in SA all the signs seem to point to it. Though it would be a first for them if they brought back Tommy from VC. Even with their DLC they seem to like creating a new main character.

I thought you compared with newest version. :eek:

Riotpump

System Name Hennyville
Audio Device(s) onboard
Since when has GTA ever been about Graphic Quality? People play it for the amount of content, and the fact that it looks ok, but not horrible is fine for many. I personally am pretty impressed if that video was from consoles.

I never said they did. I was stating my opinion on the trailer and my expectations. I and millions of others will buy the game. Honestly have not even given the console version any thought. Though the trailer is more than likely is a console version, since that's just what marketing depts. tend to use. They don't even shown any actual content yet per se. Just a cinematic trailer which mostly shows ingame graphics and locales. The series as a whole has never looked terrible. But if you modded GTAIV over the years you can already have a similar look now. I just hope the PC version is more like how DX:HR was done. It was nice to not buy a console port. The last 2 GTA's suffered from console port-itis.

I thought you compared with newest version. :eek:

Yeah tried it out, had a few bugs. Not really a fan of that version.

Last edited:
System Name Thought I'd be done with this by now
Processor i7 11700k 8/16
Motherboard MSI Z590 Pro Wifi
Cooling Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, 9x aigo AR12
Memory 32GB GSkill TridentZ Neo DDR4-4000 CL18-22-22-42
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 2x Geforce RTX 3070
Storage 1TB MX300 M.2 OS + Games, + cloud mostly
Display(s) Samsung 40" 4k (TV)
Case Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic EVO Black
Audio Device(s) onboard HD -> Yamaha 5.1
Power Supply EVGA 850 GQ
Mouse Logitech wireless
Keyboard same
VR HMD nah
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores no one cares anymore lols

that's kinda like saying "my old overcloked cpu is almost as fast as that new one at stock..."
brilliant, have you ever thought that modding a new engine will yield even better results? Seriously nearly 4 years of modding vs yet to launch give it time to release and then time for the modders to improve upon it.

actually gta has almost always been near cutting edge this might have suffered a little from consolitis but as long as they open it up for modding support I'll be happy.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
Ice had made an announcement (very negative) about gta5 but decided to remove it from facebook, a lot of people were bashing on him for it

Considering ice just modifies the current engine, boo hoo for him. When GTA IV was initially show it looked a hell of alot like the icehancer version anyways. Visually the GTA V trailer looks great.

v12dock

Supporter
Big mountain looks like background. Probably you can't walk on it.

Which part? :wtf:

Remember anything you can see in GTA you can go too. Those mountains look like there going to be a blast to climb.

Downloading San Andreas time for another play though before GTAV

Considering ice just modifies the current engine, boo hoo for him. When GTA IV was initially show it looked a hell of alot like the icehancer version anyways. Visually the GTA V trailer looks great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebJxcwuEe0A

Eh, maybe a little bit better looking than the game, but I still think GTAV will look a hell of a lot better than IV

System Name White Phantom
Processor i5 2500K @ 4.4ghz = 1.360-1.368 vcore
Motherboard asrock p67 pro (not pro3)
Cooling prolimatech megahalem with 2x nocuta in push pull (thanks to the 54thvoid) ;) , stock phantom fans
Memory 16gb Kingston hyper x ddr3 1600mhz
Video Card(s) Asus strix 970 ocd 1.5ghz core
Storage 240gb ssd , 1tb Western digital Black, western digital 320gb
Display(s) samsung syncmaster p2450 via DVI @1080p 60hz
Case White and blue NZXT Phantom (carbon fibred sides/door)
Audio Device(s) onboard , philips AMBX pro speakers 80watts rms
Power Supply Xfx750
Mouse Rat 3
Keyboard Act cheapo "gaming"
Software windows 10
Benchmark Scores world record for most amount of times machine has pissed me off ....
well all you guys can bicker over icehancers n mods n shiz but personally to me that looked...AWSOMENESS! :D:laugh::laugh: planes and the countryside back ohh yeah had hours of fun smashing motors off the rocks n stuff looking alot better than gta iv already however time will tell a suppose, the convertible also gives me the impression the small things like forklift forks and tow trucks jibs being controlable again wooooo :D

Im still not that interested, i dont really have the massive nostalgia for San Andreas that other people do. I remember someone saying that GTA IV was a wasted opertunity with the engine they had they could do a lot more, dont remember if that was a Rockstar staff member or someone else. They could easily do more with the engine but it needs to be optimised and i suspect the game size will be massive.

Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Case Corsair 550D
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser HD600, Audeze LCD-3F, Mytek Stereo 192 DSD, La Figaro 339, Burson HA-160, Geek Pulse X
Im still not that interested, i dont really have the massive nostalgia for San Andreas that other people do. I remember someone saying that GTA IV was a wasted opertunity with the engine they had they could do a lot more, dont remember if that was a Rockstar staff member or someone else. They could easily do more with the engine but it needs to be optimised and i suspect the game size will be massive.

they did with Red Dead Redemption and Max Payne 3 :)

they did with Red Dead Redemption and Max Payne 3 :)

It would help if max payne 3 was out, they can do a lot more than Red Dead and LA Noire in terms of enviroment. They managed to go from Vice City to San Andreas and San Andreas was much bigger, i dont see why its unfeasible that they can do the same with GTA V.

v12dock

Supporter
In anyone else notice the dog in the trailer... Maybe animals?

Lots of sexual puns in the trailer like every gta

Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Case Corsair 550D
It would help if max payne 3 was out, they can do a lot more than Red Dead and LA Noire in terms of enviroment. They managed to go from Vice City to San Andreas and San Andreas was much bigger, i dont see why its unfeasible that they can do the same with GTA V.

Grand Theft Auto in Space..

System Name Aluminum Mallard
Processor Ryzen 1900x
Motherboard AsRock Phantom 6
Cooling AIO
Memory 8GB
Video Card(s) ASUS Strix 1080Ti
Storage SSD
Display(s) Benq Zowie
Case Cosmos 1000
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply Corsair CX750
Software Win10 Home
Benchmark Scores 31 FPS in Dalaran.
System Name Devil's Canyon PC build
Processor Intel i7-4790K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z97X-G1 Gaming WIFI-BK
Cooling Prolimatech Megahalems Black Edition Air Cooler, 2x Akasa 120mm PWN Piranha Fans (push-pull config)
Memory Patriot Viper 3 "Black Mamba" 32GB (4x8GB), 2133MHz, C11-11-11-30, 1.5v
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Windforce X3 GeForce GTX Titan X 12GB GDDR5 (Non-Pascal)
Storage Samsung 850 PRO 512GB SSD, 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD, Seagate 8TB Archive HDD, 2TB Samsung M9T HDD
Display(s) Asus ROG Swift 27" 144Hz G-Sync Gaming Monitor
Case Corsair Obsidian 650D Midi Tower - Black, 3x230mm Bitfenix SPECTRE PRO, 1x120mm Bitfenix PWN (SP)
Power Supply Seasonic 660W Platinum Certified Modular
Software Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64
In anyone else notice the dog in the trailer... Maybe animals?

Lots of sexual puns in the trailer like every gta

I'm not sure if we might see some weird characters having sex with animals (or is assumed to be) in the game, but it wouldn't surprise me if you have to assassinate someone's dog as a part of the story. :D

If they do decide to add such a mission then a mission where you put the severed head of a horse into the film director's bed while the director is asleep would not be too surprising. :laugh:

System Name 2K Gamer
Processor AMD 8370 @ 4.5GHZ
Motherboard ASUS Pro Gaming / Aura 970
Cooling Corsair H60 AIO
Memory 16GB G. Skill RipJaw @ 1600MHZ
Video Card(s) Zotac AMP! GTX 1070
Storage Samsung 600 Gig HDD (Raid 0 @ 7,500) / WD 1TB Blue @ 7,200 / PNY 128 GB SSD For Linux
Display(s) 27'' ASUS 144MHZ G-SYNC Read 1400p Gaming Monitor / 23'' LG LCD Flatron W2361VG 1080p @ 50,000:1
Case NZXT Source 530
Audio Device(s) Onboard 7.1 HD Realtek
Power Supply 750w Corsair HX
Mouse Cougar Gaming Mouse
Keyboard Saitek Eclipse
Software Windows 10 64bit Education Edition
So, any speculations on release dates? The video look damn good. More realistic than GTA IV did (Characters looked less like zombies, more movements, interactions, lighting, shadows, I can go on and on :))

AltecV1

Processor C2D E8400@3.6 ghz
Motherboard ASUS P5KPL-AM
Cooling Freezer 7 pro
Memory Kingston 4GB 800Mhz cl6
Video Card(s) Sapphire HD4850 700/1000 + Accelero S1 Rev. 2
Storage WD 250 GB AAKS
Display(s) 22" Samsung SyncMaster 226BW
Audio Device(s) int.
Power Supply Forton Blue Storm II 500W
Software Windows 7 64bit Ultimate
well i am VERY disappointed that they choose San Andreas over Vice City....sigh.

Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Case Corsair 550D
they have done Vice City twice. I was hoping for the 70's.