• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

DuPont Signs Technology Agreement for Large AMOLED Television Displays

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
System Name Quantumville™
Processor Intel Core i7-2700K @ 4GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB (2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Black DDR3 PC3-12800 C9 1600MHz)
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming X Trio
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | WD Black 4TB | WD Blue 6TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Case Cooler Master HAF 922
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty PCIe
Power Supply Corsair AX1600i
Mouse Microsoft Intellimouse Pro - Black Shadow
Keyboard Yes
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
DuPont announced today that it has signed a technology licensing agreement with a leading Asian manufacturer of Active Matrix Organic Light Emitting Diode (AMOLED) display products. The agreement will enable process technology developed by DuPont to be used in the company's production of large AMOLED television displays. The DuPont AMOLED process technology enables large displays to be produced at significantly lower cost than alternative technologies. Terms of the agreement were not disclosed.

"AMOLED televisions clearly represent the future. They are preferred by consumers for their superior performance, they are more energy efficient and the process technology we're licensing allows them to be manufactured much more cost effectively," said David B. Miller, president, DuPont Electronics & Communications. "We look forward to helping make the promise of AMOLED television a commercial reality at a price point that is within reach for the mass consumer market."

AMOLED displays deliver vivid color, higher contrast, faster response and a wider viewing angle than traditional Liquid Crystal Displays, while consuming less power. AMOLED technology has been well received for small size displays such as in mobile phones, but cost has been a major barrier to the adoption of AMOLED technology for televisions up to this point.

DuPont has developed a proprietary solution-based printing technology that efficiently dispenses liquid OLED materials that it has developed to optimize display yields and performance. The process is designed to significantly cut production costs for television-sized displays when compared to the current methods of producing AMOLED or LCD displays.

"Over the last several years, DuPont has used its substantial resources as a market-driven science company to solve significant technical challenges associated with the cost-effective manufacture of AMOLED displays. As a result, DuPont has developed a unique manufacturing process and innovative materials tailored to work with it," said William F. Feehery, global business director, DuPont Electronics & Communications. "By licensing display manufacturers to make AMOLED displays using DuPont process technology, we will also build a business selling proprietary DuPont OLED materials."

Based on industry estimates, the AMOLED television market is projected to grow to over $5 billion by 2017.

For more information on DuPont AMOLED technologies, please visit http://oled.dupont.com.

DuPont (NYSE: DD) has been bringing world-class science and engineering to the global marketplace in the form of innovative products, materials, and services since 1802. The company believes that by collaborating with customers, governments, NGOs, and thought leaders we can help find solutions to such global challenges as providing enough healthy food for people everywhere, decreasing dependence on fossil fuels, and protecting life and the environment. For additional information about DuPont and its commitment to inclusive innovation, please visit http://www.dupont.com.

Forward-Looking Statements: This news release contains forward-looking statements based on management's current expectations, estimates and projections. The company does not undertake to update any forward-looking statements as a result of future developments or new information. All statements that address expectations or projections about the future, including statements about the company's strategy for growth, product development, market position, expected expenditures and financial results are forward-looking statements. Some of the forward-looking statements may be identified by words like "expects," "anticipates," "plans," "intends," "projects," "indicates," and similar expressions. These statements are not guarantees of future performance and involve a number of risks, uncertainties and assumptions. Many factors, including those discussed more fully elsewhere in this release and in DuPont's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, particularly its latest annual report on Form 10-K, as well as others, could cause results to differ materially from those stated. These factors include, but are not limited to changes in the laws, regulations, policies and economic conditions of countries in which the company does business; competitive pressures; successful integration of structural changes, including acquisitions, divestitures and alliances; research and development of new products, including regulatory approval and market acceptance, and seasonality of sales of agricultural products.

Link to Animated Video: DuPont AMOLED process technology
http://www2.dupont.com/OLED/en_US/knowledge_center/video_printing_amoled_displays.html?src=pr_techagreement_video
Caption: The DuPont solution-based printing process for manufacturing AMOLED displays enables large TV displays to be produced cost effectively. Video courtesy of DuPont.

Link to high-res photo: http://www2.dupont.com/OLED/en_US/assets/images/large_screen_tv.jpg
Caption: DuPont technology enables the cost-effective production of large AMOLED TV displays, which offer brighter, sharper images than traditional Liquid Crystal Displays, while consuming less power.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

You've been busy with news posts recently. I was wondering what happend to OLED tv's. The drawback is the display degrades over time but they have an incredibly high quality display and are really thin.

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Keyboard Yes
You've been busy with news posts recently. I was wondering what happend to OLED tv's. The drawback is the display degrades over time but they have an incredibly high quality display and are really thin.

Yeah, my keyboard caught fire a couple of times this weekend, lol :D

Well, hopefully DuPont have fixed these problems. I imagine they're keeping quiet about the details so that the competition doesn't get the jump on them.

Last edited by a moderator:
PSVita has an OLED screen btw. I know Sony was working on a few tv's.

Completely Bonkers

Processor Mysterious Engineering Prototype
Motherboard Intel 865
Cooling Custom block made in workshop
Memory Corsair XMS 2GB
Video Card(s) FireGL X3-256
Display(s) 1600x1200 SyncMaster x 2 = 3200x1200
Software Windows 2003
I'd like to thank the House of Quantumville™ for some great news articles.

I wonder how quickly products will come to market, and what kind of resolutions they will target. I would LOVE to see 2560x1600 in 21" for some great high pixel density print quality displays.

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Keyboard Yes
I'd like to thank the House of Quantumville™ for some great news articles.

You're very welcome. :) It's really great here at the House of Quantumville™ and I've been given this stylish white jacket as a gift. Unfortunately, my arms seem somewhat trapped in it for some reason, so I can't really move them much... :laugh:

I wonder how quickly products will come to market, and what kind of resolutions they will target. I would LOVE to see 2560x1600 in 21" for some great high pixel density print quality displays.

That would be nice. :cool:

bostonbuddy

Hopefully these will be availabe in say 4 or 5 years when I'm in the market for a new tv.

System Name Runs Smooth
Processor FX 8350
Motherboard Crosshair V Formula Z
Cooling Corsair H110 with AeroCool Shark 140mm fans
Memory 16GB G-skill Trident X 1866 Cl. 8
Video Card(s) HIS 7970 IceQ X² GHZ Edition
Storage OCZ Vector 256GB SSD & 1Tb piece of crap
Display(s) acer H243H
Case NZXT Phantom 820 matte black
Audio Device(s) Nada
Power Supply NZXT Hale90 V2 850 watt
Software Windows 7 Pro
Benchmark Scores Lesbians are hot!!!
DuPont announced today that it has signed a technology licensing agreement with a leading Asian manufacturer of Active Matrix Organic Light Emitting Diode (AMOLED) display products. The agreement will enable process technology developed by DuPont to be used in the company's production of large AMOLED television displays. The DuPont AMOLED process technology enables large displays to be produced at significantly lower cost than alternative technologies. Terms of the agreement were not disclosed.

"AMOLED televisions clearly represent the future. They are preferred by consumers for their superior performance, they are more energy efficient and the process technology we're licensing allows them to be manufactured much more cost effectively," said David B. Miller, president, DuPont Electronics & Communications. "We look forward to helping make the promise of AMOLED television a commercial reality at a price point that is within reach for the mass consumer market."

AMOLED displays deliver vivid color, higher contrast, faster response and a wider viewing angle than traditional Liquid Crystal Displays, while consuming less power. AMOLED technology has been well received for small size displays such as in mobile phones, but cost has been a major barrier to the adoption of AMOLED technology for televisions up to this point.

DuPont has developed a proprietary solution-based printing technology that efficiently dispenses liquid OLED materials that it has developed to optimize display yields and performance. The process is designed to significantly cut production costs for television-sized displays when compared to the current methods of producing AMOLED or LCD displays.

"Over the last several years, DuPont has used its substantial resources as a market-driven science company to solve significant technical challenges associated with the cost-effective manufacture of AMOLED displays. As a result, DuPont has developed a unique manufacturing process and innovative materials tailored to work with it," said William F. Feehery, global business director, DuPont Electronics & Communications. "By licensing display manufacturers to make AMOLED displays using DuPont process technology, we will also build a business selling proprietary DuPont OLED materials."

Based on industry estimates, the AMOLED television market is projected to grow to over $5 billion by 2017.

For more information on DuPont AMOLED technologies, please visit http://oled.dupont.com.

DuPont (NYSE: DD) has been bringing world-class science and engineering to the global marketplace in the form of innovative products, materials, and services since 1802. The company believes that by collaborating with customers, governments, NGOs, and thought leaders we can help find solutions to such global challenges as providing enough healthy food for people everywhere, decreasing dependence on fossil fuels, and protecting life and the environment. For additional information about DuPont and its commitment to inclusive innovation, please visit http://www.dupont.com.

Forward-Looking Statements: This news release contains forward-looking statements based on management's current expectations, estimates and projections. The company does not undertake to update any forward-looking statements as a result of future developments or new information. All statements that address expectations or projections about the future, including statements about the company's strategy for growth, product development, market position, expected expenditures and financial results are forward-looking statements. Some of the forward-looking statements may be identified by words like "expects," "anticipates," "plans," "intends," "projects," "indicates," and similar expressions. These statements are not guarantees of future performance and involve a number of risks, uncertainties and assumptions. Many factors, including those discussed more fully elsewhere in this release and in DuPont's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, particularly its latest annual report on Form 10-K, as well as others, could cause results to differ materially from those stated. These factors include, but are not limited to changes in the laws, regulations, policies and economic conditions of countries in which the company does business; competitive pressures; successful integration of structural changes, including acquisitions, divestitures and alliances; research and development of new products, including regulatory approval and market acceptance, and seasonality of sales of agricultural products.

Link to Animated Video: DuPont AMOLED process technology
http://www2.dupont.com/OLED/en_US/k...oled_displays.html?src=pr_techagreement_video
Caption: The DuPont solution-based printing process for manufacturing AMOLED displays enables large TV displays to be produced cost effectively. Video courtesy of DuPont.

Link to high-res photo: http://www2.dupont.com/OLED/en_US/assets/images/large_screen_tv.jpg
Caption: DuPont technology enables the cost-effective production of large AMOLED TV displays, which offer brighter, sharper images than traditional Liquid Crystal Displays, while consuming less power.

I fixed your links at the bottom. :D