• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Modern Warfare 3 Sets Record for Biggest Entertainment Launch

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
System Name Quantumville™
Processor Intel Core i7-2700K @ 4GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB (2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Black DDR3 PC3-12800 C9 1600MHz)
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming X Trio
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | WD Black 4TB | WD Blue 6TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Case Cooler Master HAF 922
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty PCIe
Power Supply Corsair AX1600i
Mouse Microsoft Intellimouse Pro - Black Shadow
Keyboard Yes
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Shattering its own day-one sales records, Activision Publishing, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard, announced that its highly-anticipated Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 has become the biggest entertainment launch ever with an estimated sell-through of more than $400 million and more than 6.5 million units in North America and the United Kingdom alone in the first 24 hours of its release, according to Charttrack and retail customer sell-through information.

This marks the third consecutive year that the Call of Duty franchise has set day one launch records across all forms of entertainment, something no other entertainment franchise in any medium has ever accomplished. Last year, in North America and the United Kingdom , Activision's Call of Duty: Black Ops had estimated day-one sell-through of $360 million and in 2009, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, set day-one records with estimated sell through of $310 million, according to Charttrack and retail customer sell-through information.

On November 8, 2011, millions of fans attended more than 13,000 midnight openings at retail stores worldwide. According to Microsoft, after just two days, the number of gamers playing simultaneously on Xbox Live set a new peak concurrency record.

"We believe the launch of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is the biggest entertainment launch of all time in any medium, and we achieved this record with sales from only two territories," said Bobby Kotick, CEO, Activision Blizzard, Inc. "Other than Call of Duty, there has never been another entertainment franchise that has set opening day records three years in a row. Life-to-date sales for the Call of Duty franchise exceed worldwide theatrical box office for "Star Wars" and "Lord of the Rings", two of the most successful entertainment franchises of all time."

Eric Hirshberg, CEO, Activision Publishing added, "Call of Duty is more than a game. It's become a major part of the pop cultural landscape. It is a game that core enthusiasts love, but that also consistently draws new people into the medium. It is the most intense, adrenaline pumping entertainment experience anywhere. I would like to thank our incredible teams at Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer Games for making a brilliant game. But most of all, I would like to thank our millions of passionate fans worldwide. We made this game for you."

Separately, Activision announced this morning that in support and gratitude for the efforts of American servicemen and women, this Veterans Day it donated $3 million to the Call of Duty Endowment, a non-profit, public benefit corporation that seeks to provide job placement and training for veterans. This latest donation will be added to the $2 million that Activision has already donated to the Endowment, which has provided more than $1.5 million in grants and scholarships to veterans' organizations across the country since it was conceived by Bobby Kotick in November of 2009.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is rated "M" (Mature) by the ESRB for Blood and Gore, Drug Reference, Intense Violence and Strong Language and is available now for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation3 computer entertainment system, and Windows PC. For more information visit www.callofduty.com/mw3 and www.callofduty.com/elite

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Last edited by a moderator:

Wrigleyvillain

PTFO or GTFO
System Name DarkStar
Processor i5 3570K 4.4Ghz
Motherboard Asrock Z77 Extreme 3
Cooling Apogee HD White/XSPC Razer blocks
Memory 8GB Samsung Green 1600
Video Card(s) 2 x GTX 670 4GB
Storage 2 x 120GB Samsung 830
Display(s) 27" QNIX
Case Enthoo Pro
Power Supply Seasonic Platinum 760
Mouse Steelseries Sensei
Keyboard Ducky Pro MX Black
Software Windows 8.1 x64
...I'll just hold my tongue. Or fingers, as it were.

System Name THE MAD BEAST!!!
Processor Tinfoil rapper with some coathangers
Motherboard Graham cracker with with frosting
Cooling A shovel full of snow
Memory Grey matter out of a corpse
Video Card(s) Cat eyes
Storage A whales brain
Display(s) Cyclops eyeball
Case Inside a yetis hollowed out corpse
Audio Device(s) howling banchee
Power Supply 32 hamster on a massive wheel
Software WHo needs software when you have a box of kittens
Benchmark Scores IS gatrillions a number?
baaaaaaaaaah....and there go the sheep

System Name Ryzen Reynolds
Processor Ryzen 1600 - 4.0Ghz 1.415v - SMT disabled
Motherboard mATX Asrock AB350m AM4
Cooling Raijintek Leto Pro
Memory Vulcan T-Force 16GB DDR4 3000 16.18.18 @3200Mhz 14.17.17
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ 4GB RX 580 - 1450/2000 BIOS mod 8-)
Storage Seagate B'cuda 1TB/Sandisk 128GB SSD
Display(s) Acer ED242QR 75hz Freesync
Case Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-01
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair VS 550w
Mouse Zalman ZM-M401R
Keyboard Razor Lycosa
Software Windows 10 x64
Benchmark Scores https://www.3dmark.com/spy/6220813
It's the iPhone of the games world, are we surprised?

I have a lot of console only gamers and seriously they wouldn't have a clue when it came to PC gaming and thought gaming began with the PS2 and Xbox :shadedshu

3volvedcombat

System Name My Computer
Processor Core 2 Q9550 4Ghz 1.23volts
Motherboard Gigabyte
Cooling Corsair
Memory OCZ
Video Card(s) Galaxy
Storage Western Digital
Display(s) Acer
Case Lian li
Audio Device(s) Asus
Power Supply Corsiar
Software Microsoft
Benchmark Scores 25,000 3dmark06 at 4.35Ghz processor, 835core card!
I traded in a bunch of my old games (including blackops) for a strait trade on mw3 that was about 35-40 hours after release. (ps3)

I have to say, even though the graphics are not improved, the game play is solid, I have never played or bought mw2, so this is my "mw2".

Its got a nice campaign where you swing out of spinning copters once again :laugh::laugh:.

Its a solid game, and I actually love how they perked up everything.
Deathstreaks
Spec tactical perk streaks
assault streaks
defensive streaks
perks + pro's
gun perks

There is a perk on everything, it lets me fine tune what I really want to achieve with a class, and its pretty fun.

But going from blackop's to this, I say it was worth it, for me, more shit to customize and waste my life on.

EastCoasthandle

System Name MY PC
Processor E8400 @ 3.80Ghz > Q9650 3.60Ghz
Motherboard Maximus Formula
Cooling D5, 7/16" ID Tubing, Maze4 with Fuzion CPU WB
Memory XMS 8500C5D @ 1066MHz
Video Card(s) HD 2900 XT 858/900 to 4870 to 5870 (Keep Vreg area clean)
Storage 2
Display(s) 24"
Case P180
Audio Device(s) X-fi Plantinum
Power Supply Silencer 750
Software XP Pro SP3 to Windows 7
Benchmark Scores This varies from one driver to another.
What grabbed my attention was the lack of marketing needed to reach such estimated sales. Most of that will in fact be just profit and, won't we subtracted from the amount of money used to market the game.

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name Black MC in Tokyo
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
VR HMD Acer Mixed Reality Headset
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!
baaaaaaaaaah....and there go the sheep

Just be quiet.

What grabbed my attention was the lack of marketing needed to reach such estimated sales. Most of that will in fact be just profit and, won't we subtracted from the amount of money used to market the game.

I'm not that surprised, CoD is so big it's a bit beyond marketing.

Reactions: Fx
System Name PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 3600
Motherboard MSI B450 Mortar Max
Cooling Phanteks PH-TC12DX, 3 x NZXT FN 140mm, 1x NZXT FV V2 120mm
Memory 32gb DDR4 3200mhz
Video Card(s) ASUS R9 290 DCII-OC 4GB
Storage corsair mp600 1TB
Display(s) LG 27MB85Z 27" 1440p
Case NZXT Source 340
Power Supply Thermaltake 675w
Mouse Logitech G500S
Keyboard Logitech G510S
Software Windows 8.1 64 bit

It was different in the UK, there was a lot of marketing

The Website for game, has one of those scrolling featured game section like steam, for the week leading up to it's release, every single slot was dedicated to call of duty, Even my local Tesco had a Display dedicated to call of duty

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (65w eco profile)
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen (rev 5)
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-3200 32 GiB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro, Seagate Exos X20 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay + USB 3.2 (A+C) 3.5" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.
The first Call of Duty was practically the same as, but inferior to, Medal of Honor. Yet, it isn't Medal of Honor that EA fixes, it's Battlefield. EA makes no sense.

I wonder how many sales Skyrim is/has pulled in.

Still, 6.5 million is less than the 9 million they "expected."

It's marketing was conducted on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. They didn't need more marketing to sell to those sad PS3 owners that preordered MW3 the moment it was available for preorder.

Athlon2K15

HyperVtX™
Processor Intel Core i9 11900K
Motherboard MSI Z590 Carbon EK X
Cooling Custom Water
Memory Team DDR4 4000MHz
Video Card(s) ASUS TUF RTX 3080 OC
Storage WD WN850 1TB
Display(s) 43" LG NanoCell 4K 120Hz
Power Supply Asus Thor 1200w
Mouse Asus Strix Evolve
Keyboard Asus Strix Claymore
simply put a badass game.

It's no wonder they are already working on MW4, they already have the funding for it. It goes to show you that a fun game does indeed sell. And mostly through word of mouth and popularity instead of spending millions on marketing. It looks like, to me, that having fun triumphs anything that is not perceived by the consumer as important.

Yes, it's something cool to have and do nowadays among teenagers.

Battlefield simple can't compete with COD because it targets older player, and we --older player-- just don't have all day sitting around talking about how cool cool things are and hyping ourselves, turning so-so game into the greatest game of all time.

Typical American tardness.

That's why most of 99% of American can't even vote to help themselves against the wealthiest 1%.

It's marketing was conducted on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. They didn't need more marketing to sell to those sad PS3 owners that preordered MW3 the moment it was available for preorder.

I think they sold more copies on Xbox360 than any other platforms.

EastCoasthandle

System Name MY PC
Storage 2
Display(s) 24"
Case P180
Yes, it's something cool to have and do nowadays among teenagers.

Battlefield simple can't compete with COD because it targets older player, and we --older player-- just don't have all day sitting around talking about how cool cool things are and hyping ourselves, turning so-so game into the greatest game of all time.

Typical American tardness.

That's why most of 99% of American can't even vote to help themselves against the wealthiest 1%.

I think they sold more copies on Xbox360 than any other platforms.

Lets be fair, BF3 needs to be fixed on many fronts.
-C2D issues
-game always crashing on 1st launch
-randomly kicked from the server
-activation issues
-memory issues
-stuttering issues
-orange/red/green flashing issues
-tedious use of Origin + FF/Chrome + plugins just to play BF3
-etc

While MW3 doesn't have such issues. Although not perfect their game day launch was pretty typical of what one would expect from a game. Perhaps that may have played a part of why it sold so well and it's still being played by many.

Having said as such, it's not the technical merits of BF3 why it doesn't compete with MW3. Neither was it do to the amount of marketing. It's the perception of how people see products from EA and how they see products from Activision. It appears that they trust Activision more. And so far, they are getting what they are expecting from them. Can the same be said about EA? Or will the response be "you need a 64 bit OS"?

Last edited:

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Keyboard Yes
This must be terrible news for MW3's anti-fans. :laugh: For the record, I don't have any particular preference. I just find all the anti CoD bitching on TPU ironically funny.

Here's a handy article comparing sales figures for MW3 & BF3. In short, MW3 beat a whole week's worth of BF3 sales! Astonishing.

http://www.gamingtarget.com/article.php?artid=12610

Athlon2K15

HyperVtX™
Processor Intel Core i9 11900K
Motherboard MSI Z590 Carbon EK X
Cooling Custom Water
Memory Team DDR4 4000MHz
Video Card(s) ASUS TUF RTX 3080 OC
Storage WD WN850 1TB
Display(s) 43" LG NanoCell 4K 120Hz
Power Supply Asus Thor 1200w
Mouse Asus Strix Evolve
Keyboard Asus Strix Claymore
because its better,lol

System Name Runs Smooth
Processor FX 8350
Motherboard Crosshair V Formula Z
Cooling Corsair H110 with AeroCool Shark 140mm fans
Memory 16GB G-skill Trident X 1866 Cl. 8
Video Card(s) HIS 7970 IceQ X² GHZ Edition
Storage OCZ Vector 256GB SSD & 1Tb piece of crap
Display(s) acer H243H
Case NZXT Phantom 820 matte black
Audio Device(s) Nada
Power Supply NZXT Hale90 V2 850 watt
Software Windows 7 Pro
Benchmark Scores Lesbians are hot!!!
I won't mention any names to protect the innocent, but thanks to a certain news editor, I have this game. I don't think it deserves the bad reputation that a lot of people are giving it because I am having a good time with it. I am spending equal time with this and BF3 and I think that they coexist nicely.

Congrats to Activision for making more money in a day than I'll see in my lifetime.

EastCoasthandle

System Name MY PC
Storage 2
Display(s) 24"
Case P180
I believe that many of the elements from BF2 did in fact hurt the sales of BF3. Such as:
-no real squad leader that can give orders/way points
-no commander
-no in game voip
-no in game ping
-way to many assets to unlock
-huge chat box
-flashlight and sun too bright, too much blue tint and the contrast is to high
just to name a few. What I'm getting at is those elements that made BF, BF. Then people had to fight them just to get a broken command rose that doesn't have ammo/medic request. Then they had to fight them to get squads half way decent. You still can't name your own squad, kick/request people to join, etc.
-no mod tools
-no spectator mod
-chat box should be similar to Bf2/BC2 were teammates are one color, squad mates are one color and enemies are another color
-no battle recorder

Although a long list, they did fix the hit registration :p. But one thing I loved about conquest from BF2 was that you had to capture enemy flags. That is what true conquest was for me. And it was done in a way were you would inevitably come face to face with your opponent. When defending you had the pick of the litter of where you wanted to spawn. This is what the current maps don't offer when in conquest. Although metro comes close it's sectioned off.

Like I said, when you play MW3 you know what you are getting.

Last edited:
Lets be fair, BF3 needs to be fixed on many fronts.

While MW3 doesn't have such issues. Although not perfect their game day launch was pretty typical of what one would expect from a game. Perhaps that may have played a part of why it sold so well and it's still being played by many.

Having said as such, it's not the technical merits of BF3 why it doesn't compete with MW3. Neither was it do to the amount of marketing. It's the perception of how people see products from EA and how they see products from Activision. It appears that they trust Activision more. And so far, they are getting what they are expecting from them. Can the same be said about EA? Or will the response be "you need a 64 bit OS"?

I don't think it's the trust issue here.

A good game in BF3 requires teamwork. People must know what they need to do for it to be fully enjoyable, but that's why BF community like it -- a team based game, and sadly that isn't appeal to younger players (the majority of gamers).

COD - i think you know well what it is

I ignore BF3's bugs because they are bugs, and bugs will always be fixed, and so far in my experiences, all of them have been fixed. I don't like the idea of battlelog, but i don't have problems with it now.

And with the scale of BF3 and its new engine, bugs are to be expected while COD games have been being built in a same engine which is why the game has little to no bug visible.

And because BF3 requires an expensive PC to fully enjoy the game, most people can't really afford that. If you look at the sale figure for the past COD games, most of them were sold on the 360... I'm pretty sure it will be the same with MW3.

It would be fine if they were to sell it at $40 or less as an expansion, but they are not. I'm simple angry at how they do their business and how ignorance people are time after time. Yes i know it's sensible as a business to make money, but we're as consumers must not let them think we're retards.

COD will set an example of what a gamer is because of how successful it is, but do we as gamers really want that? I'm offended.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11

EastCoasthandle

System Name MY PC
Storage 2
Display(s) 24"
Case P180
I don't think it's the trust issue here.

A good game in BF3 requires teamwork. People must know what they need to do for it to be fully enjoyable, but that's why BF community like it -- a team based game, and sadly that isn't appeal to younger players (the majority of gamers).

COD - i think you know well what it is

I ignore BF3's bugs because they are bugs, and bugs will always be fixed, and so far in my experiences, all of them have been fixed. I don't like the idea of battlelog, but i don't have problems with it now.

And with the scale of BF3 and its new engine, bugs are to be expected while COD games have been being built in a same engine which is why the game has little to no bug visible.

And because BF3 requires an expensive PC to fully enjoy the game, most people can't really afford that. If you look at the sale figure for the past COD games, most of them were sold on the 360... I'm pretty sure it will be the same with MW3.

It would be fine if they were to sell it at $40 or less as an expansion, but they are not. I'm simple angry at how they do their business and how ignorance people are time after time. Yes i know it's sensible as a business to make money, but we're as consumers must not let them think we're retards.

COD will set an example of what a game is because of how successful it is, but do we as gamers really want that? I'm offended.

In order to have team work you have to have a set of guidelines in order to have complete cohesion.
1. Structure of command. That means having a commander that order squad leaders and squad leaders to order the grunts.
2. Communication. People need a means to communicate with each other while in the same squad in order to understand what objectives will be accomplished. For this to work properly the commander gives order to the squad leader and/or the squad leader delegates them to his squad mates while he stands back being a spawn point.
3. Clear objectives that are not sectioned off depending on what portion of the map you are on. Or so far away requiring a vehicle that is not readily available. That means that flag/mcom placement should be in such a way that gives a clear line of sight of where most of the team is heading for.

Ignoring the bugs BF3 has is part of the problem and why it simply didn't do well against MW3 it was competing against. An obvious bad mistake. Fit and polish goes a long way of someone opinion of the game. It, imo, has a greater impact on a person's perception then just the game's graphics. Unless, that is also an issue, cough high contrast.

And lets be real, many don't like or simply hate battlelog and origin. Telling people that they can only join a server via web browser is simply not something that should have happen and I doubt we will see that in BF4.

To end, people just don't care about a game's engine as proven by MW3 sales. What they care about is how intuitive and fun a game is to play. You don't need to open other application to play it and you aren't missing standard features everyone looks for (voip, in game ping to name a few).

System Name The Shroomiest One!
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5950x
Motherboard ASRock x570 Taichi
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420
Memory 2x16gb T-Create Expert 3600C14
Video Card(s) NVidia RTX 3090 Founder Edition
Storage WD_BLACK SN850X 2tb, 2 x Team Group MP34 4tb
Display(s) LG 34GP83A-B
Case Meshify 2 XL
Audio Device(s) EVGA NuAudio
Power Supply EVGA 1000w Supernova
Mouse Glorious Model D
Keyboard Glorious GMMK Pro
VR HMD Valve Index
Software Windows 10 Pro 64bit
biggest thing to hurt bf3 in this comparing is the lack of steam sales. that would have had a big jump on the sales of bf3 so its not that bf3 is a bad game its the way EA handled selling it.

In order to have team work you have to have a set of guidelines in order to have complete cohesion.
1. Structure of command. That means having a commander that order squad leaders and squad leaders to order the grunts.
2. Communication. People need a means to communicate with each other while in the same squad in order to understand what objectives will be accomplished. For this to work properly the commander gives order to the squad leader and/or the squad leader delegates them to his squad mates while he stands back being a spawn point.
3. Clear objectives that are not sectioned off depending on what portion of the map you are on. Or so far away requiring a vehicle that is not readily available. That means that flag/mcom placement should be in such a way that gives a clear line of sight of where most of the team is heading for.

Ignoring the bugs BF3 has is part of the problem and why it simply didn't do well against MW3 it was competing against. An obvious bad mistake. Fit and polish goes a long way of someone opinion of the game. It, imo, has a greater impact on a person's perception then just the game's graphics. Unless, that is also an issue, cough high contrast.

And lets be real, many don't like or simply hate battlelog and origin. Telling people that they can only join a server via web browser is simply not something that should have happen and I doubt we will see that in BF4.

To end, people just don't care about a game's engine as proven by MW3 sales. What they care about is how intuitive and fun a game is to play. You don't need to open other application to play it and you aren't missing standard features everyone looks for (voip, in game ping to name a few).

I agree with most of your points, but staying at one place because it's comfortable doesn't mean we can't try to get something better. I hate COD not because it's a bad game, but because of Activision's way of abusing it.

Majority speaks, but that's not necessary always right. We used to believe earth is flat.

I think I've stated my points in the earlier post, so there's nothing more for me to say.

EastCoasthandle

System Name MY PC
Storage 2
Display(s) 24"
Case P180
biggest thing to hurt bf3 in this comparing is the lack of steam sales. that would have had a big jump on the sales of bf3 so its not that bf3 is a bad game its the way EA handled selling it.

Excellent point! Preventing BF3 from Steam certainly didn't help their cause to compete with MW3. I wonder if we will see it on Steam now?

Last edited:
@EastCoasthandle - Its spit and polish, like to polish your boots, it means something has a neat and tidiness about it.

EDIT: People dont know any better because all they play is rubbish games or just popular ones. People who dont know what good beer because all they drink is macro lagers.

Last edited:

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Keyboard Yes
Excellent point! Preventing BF3 from Steam certainly didn't help their cause to compete with MW3. I wonder if we will see it on Steam now?

I sure hope so. I would have bought it by now if it was on Steam.

EastCoasthandle

System Name MY PC
Storage 2
Display(s) 24"
Case P180
Its spit and polish, like to polish your boots, it means something has a neat and tidiness about it.

Yeah thanks for the reminder but I'm aware of that. I use "fit" to mean the condition the game is in for us, the users.

Last edited by a moderator:

AlienIsGOD

Vanguard Beta Tester
System Name Aliens Ryzen Rig | 2nd Hand Omen
Processor Ryzen R5 5600 | Ryzen R5 3600
Motherboard Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite (F61 BIOS) | B450 matx
Cooling DeepCool Castle EX V2 240mm AIO| stock for now
Memory 8GB X 2 DDR4 3000mhz Team Group Vulcan | 16GB DDR4
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX 5700 8GB | GTX 1650 4GB
Storage Adata XPG 8200 PRO 512GB SSD OS / 240 SSD + 2TB M.2 SSD Games / 1000 GB Data | SSD + HDD
Display(s) Acer ED273 27" VA 144hz Freesync |TCL 32" 1080P w/ HDR
Case NZXT H500 Black | HP Omen Obelisk
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek | Onboard Realtek
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650w 80+ Gold | 500w
Mouse Steelseries Rival 500 15 button mouse w/ Razor Goliathus Chroma XL mousemat | Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G910 Orion Spark RGB w/ Romer G tactile keys | Logitech G513 Carbon w/ Romer G tactile keys
Software Windows 10 Pro | Windows 10 Pro
i didn't know recycled manure was worth 400 million dollars :p

In all seriousness tho, I dont get why a company as big as Activison feels the need to put out a game thats dated IMO (DX9 only) and reusues models and then boast about it all day long....