• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

GIGABYTE Launches X79 Series Motherboards

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
GIGABYTE TECHNOLGY Co. Ltd., a leading manufacturer of motherboards and graphics cards, today announced the launch of their latest X79 series enthusiast motherboard range. Supporting the latest 2nd Generation Intel Core i7 processor family for high-end desktops, these new X79 Express Chipset motherboards unite unrivalled desktop PC performance with a new level of hardware flexibility and control. GIGABYTE 3D Power and its all new 3-way Digital Power Engine offers ultimate control of your PC's power delivery, while GIGABYTE 3D BIOS provides a wholly more intuitive and graphical UEFI BIOS environment.

"This new GIGABYTE X79 series range of boards are all about giving enthusiasts and professionals unprecedented control over their PC's hardware," commented Tim Handley, Deputy Director of Motherboard Marketing at GIGABYTE. "GIGABYTE 3D Power and 3D BIOS give hardcore gamers, extreme overclockers and cutting-edge content creators absolute mastery over every aspect of their PC."

GIGABYTE 3D Power
GIGABYTE X79 series motherboards take advantage of the new and exclusive GIGABYTE 3D Power, based on a 3-way Digital Power Engine for both the PWM and memory that delivers unprecedented power delivery control. Utilizing a brand new Digital PWM controller,GIGABYTE's 3D Power features three digital memory controllers for not only the memory, but VTT and VSA, for real-time adjustment and control. The GIGABYTE 3D Power application provides a range of controls via a graphical user interface, allowing adjustment of load line calibration, over voltage protection control and real-time adjustment of CPU, VTT, IMC and four-channel memory frequencies.

GIGABYTE 3D BIOS with Dual-UEFI
Based on our new UEFI DualBIOS technology, GIGABYTE 3D BIOS re-imagines the traditional BIOS environment to make it more accessible for novice users than ever before. GIGABYTE 3D BIOS provides a full featured advanced mode for veteran BIOS users, alongside a graphical 3D Mode which offers a far more intuitive BIOS experience that makes it easier to understand how BIOS settings affect their PC's hardware performance.

Intel X79 Platform Highlights
All GIGABYTE X79 series motherboards are designed to get the absolute best performance from the latest 2nd generation Intel Core i7 processors, bringing a number of new enthusiast-class features to Intel's latest extreme platform. Featuring the new LGA 2011 socket and based on the latest updated micro-architecture, these new processors feature up to six cores with up to 15MB L3 cache and four-channel DDR3 memory. With an unprecedented 40 PCI Express lanes, enthusiast gamers can also enjoy the absolute maximum GPU performance in Multi-GPU SLI and CrossFireX configurations.

GIGABYTE G1.Assassin 2
Designed as the base for the ultimate in gaming PC builds, the GIGABYTE G1.Assassin 2 motherboard combines the unrivalled performance of this new X79 platform with our award-winning G1.Killer design philosophy: onboard discrete-class audio is offered courtesy of the Creative Digital Audio processor (20K2) which offers X-Fi Xtreme Fideility and EAX Advanced HD Audio 5.0 technologies, while the Killer E2100 Game Networking Platform offers advanced network optimization and management for the very best online gaming experience. 3-way SLI and CrossFireX capability means users can really push the boundaries of 3D gaming to new heights.

GIGABYTE X79-UD7
The GIGABYTE X79-UD7 motherboard is designed to provide CPU performance worthy of champions, with specific built-in technologies for extreme overclocking configurations. The X79-UD7 features an all digital PWM, four full length PCIe slots for 4-way GPU configurations plus a range of features that mean overclockers will never tire of tweaking the latest 2nd generation Intel Core i7 processors. With GIGABYTE's exclusive OC-VRM, you'll find POScaps that ensure easy insulation, while OC-Touch lets users tweak in real-time using onboard buttons to change multiplier frequencies. OC-DualBIOS is complimented with a BIOS Switcher button that offers fast back-panel access to two distinct BIOS configurations. A Clear CMOS button is also included along with an OC button for instant OC profile loading. OC-PEG offers additional discrete graphics array power via the SATA rail with two SATA ports, guaranteeing all the power needed for extreme 4-way SLI and CrossfireX configurations.

GIGABYTE X79-UD5
The GIGABYTE X79-UD5 motherboard provides the ultimate media processing workstation. Design and Engineering professionals that employ the latest CAD and multimedia creation software will be impressed with eight DDR3 memory slots combined with GIGABYTE's unique 3D Power design to offer the ultimate platform for memory and CPU intensive workloads. We've also included back panel access overclocking via a simple OC button so that you can get an instant boost in performance when needed.

Exclusive GIGABYTE Bluetooth 4.0 / Wi-Fi Expansion Card
GIGABYTE X79 series motherboards will also include an exclusive PCIe expansion card that offers support for the latest Bluetooth 4.0 and IEEE 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi connectivity. The new Bluetooth 4.0 standard includes Smart Ready technology that is debuting on mobile devices including the new Apple iPhone 4S. This means that transferring important content from your smart phone or tablet is easier and faster than ever.

For more information, visit the product pages of: Or visit the microsite.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Hhumas-PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Extreme CPU X9650 @ 3.00GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
Motherboard Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cooling ZALMAN CNPS 9700 NT 110mm 2 Ball Ultra Quiet
Memory OCZ Platinium 2x2GB
Video Card(s) ZOTAC GeForce GTX 680 2GB 256-bit GDDR5
Storage WD Green 500 GB , WD 500 GB
Display(s) Dell U2410F
Case Casecom
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro
Power Supply Corsair HX1000
Software Windows 7 Ultimate 32 Bit
i love these board but too expensive .. nice OC features ...

cadaveca

My name is Dave
Green, orange, blue, and black. I really like how Gigabyte has seperated their colours into individual products that helps identify the model from noth only the competition, but from thier own other products too.

I wonder if they'll send me one..I hope so, but I am not so sure about Gigabyte anymore.

They said that these are basically Xeon boards with dual channel memory instead of Quad.. What do you think.

cadaveca

My name is Dave
They said that these are basically Xeon boards with dual channel memory instead of Quad.. What do you think.

I think whoever told you that does not fully understand hardware, period. EVERY X79 board is quad-channel, so clearly there is some confusion there.

System Name Ryzen Reynolds
Processor Ryzen 1600 - 4.0Ghz 1.415v - SMT disabled
Motherboard mATX Asrock AB350m AM4
Cooling Raijintek Leto Pro
Memory Vulcan T-Force 16GB DDR4 3000 16.18.18 @3200Mhz 14.17.17
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ 4GB RX 580 - 1450/2000 BIOS mod 8-)
Storage Seagate B'cuda 1TB/Sandisk 128GB SSD
Display(s) Acer ED242QR 75hz Freesync
Case Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-01
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair VS 550w
Mouse Zalman ZM-M401R
Keyboard Razor Lycosa
Software Windows 10 x64
Benchmark Scores https://www.3dmark.com/spy/6220813
Green, orange, blue, and black. I really like how Gigabyte has seperated their colours into individual products that helps identify the model from noth only the competition, but from thier own other products too.

I wonder if they'll send me one..I hope so, but I am not so sure about Gigabyte anymore.

Only they went and f**** up the best looking one there (imo) in the G1 Assassin 2 with that fugly little gay looking gun heatsink on the SB.

cadaveca

My name is Dave
Meh. I got the Sniper2, and the "magazine" heatsink is covered by my VGAs. The gun would be as well. While it's not my favorite design, those heatsinks do seem to be quite effective, so I don't mind. If they looked that that, and did a horrible job, i might agree.

freaksavior

To infinity ... and beyond!
System Name ZeroUptime | M.A.S.S / MM1
Processor Xeon 2659 v3 / Xeon 2683 v4 / ARM A14
Motherboard Asus X99-E-10G WS / ASRock x99 usb 3.1 / Apple
Cooling NZXT Kraken / Noctua NH-L12 / Apple
Memory 16Gb DDR4 / 32Gb DDR4 / 16GB HBLM
Video Card(s) Powercooler ATI vega 64 / GT 7300 / ARM
Storage Samsung 970 512 Evo NVMe / A lot. / 256 + 512 External TB3
Display(s) Acer Predator X34 / Headless / Acer X34 Non predator
Case NZXT H630 |Rosewill 8bay 4u server chasiss / MMM1
Audio Device(s) Onboard / Onboard / Onboard
Power Supply Corais HX850 | Corsair TX750 / Internal 250w
Mouse g502 proteus core / Headless / g502 proteus core
Keyboard Corsair K95 Cherry Blue / Headless / K65 Cherry Red
Software Windows 10 / ESXI / Big Sur 11.2.2
why does the ud5 have more than the ud7 for dimms? That doesn't compute to me.

cadaveca

My name is Dave
The removal of DIMM slots allows for better wiring within the PCB, which in turn allows for better overclocking. Users that use more than 16/32GB will tend to run stock anyway, so the boards with less OC headroom get more slots. We've seen DIMMs from several OEMs, including 8GB per sticks, reaching well over 2400 MHz, so the lack of DIMM slots on high-end products should be of no real consequence.

freaksavior

To infinity ... and beyond!
System Name ZeroUptime | M.A.S.S / MM1
Processor Xeon 2659 v3 / Xeon 2683 v4 / ARM A14
Motherboard Asus X99-E-10G WS / ASRock x99 usb 3.1 / Apple
Cooling NZXT Kraken / Noctua NH-L12 / Apple
Memory 16Gb DDR4 / 32Gb DDR4 / 16GB HBLM
Video Card(s) Powercooler ATI vega 64 / GT 7300 / ARM
Storage Samsung 970 512 Evo NVMe / A lot. / 256 + 512 External TB3
Display(s) Acer Predator X34 / Headless / Acer X34 Non predator
Case NZXT H630 |Rosewill 8bay 4u server chasiss / MMM1
Audio Device(s) Onboard / Onboard / Onboard
Power Supply Corais HX850 | Corsair TX750 / Internal 250w
Mouse g502 proteus core / Headless / g502 proteus core
Keyboard Corsair K95 Cherry Blue / Headless / K65 Cherry Red
Software Windows 10 / ESXI / Big Sur 11.2.2
Then why did gigabyte do that with the x58's? The ud5/7/9 ? Each board was a step up from each other. Not always with features but the ud5/7 where essentially the same but the 7 had wc options while the ud9 was a binned ioh chip. So my thinking is the ud5 and ud7 would be similar on x79 and not drop 4 dims on the new model up.

As far as dimm oc, yeah my dims will do 2200+ and they are rated for 1066, I guess I can see your point but it would have been nice to see 8dimms on the ud7 too.

I think whoever told you that does not fully understand hardware, period. EVERY X79 board is quad-channel, so clearly there is some confusion there.

I don't recall the reviewer but I don"t doubt that it is quad channel. So, does that mean you must use 4 slots of memory for it to work, or am I way off again? Maybe that was what the reviewer meant by dual channel. Maybe it is backwards compatible to dual channel, but again, that is pure speculation on my part.

cadaveca

My name is Dave
Yeah, I understand the confusion for sure.

You can use just two DIMMs, if ya want, of course. I haven't tested myself, but based on what manuals say, you can use 1, 2, 3, or 4 DIMMS without problems, so seemingly, you can run single, dual, triple, or quad channel, which is why I said what I did.

You can verifiy this by going to any board OEM website and checking the manuals for yourself. I've already done this, as being a board reviewer, manuals are a good source of information for me as I do not have direct contact with AMD or Intel to get help on questions like this.

I do have board and memory samples onhand, but no CPU yet. I should be getting a CPU as soon as I can get all the cash together to buy a retail chip. The sooner the better of course, and I will definitely be checking into memory functionality as I wil be doing memory reviews as well.

I am really hoping Gigabyte will send me the UD7 and UD5 boards so I can check into how having the extra slots affects things!

G1's pistol is silly, nice looking piece though. Love UD7's colors, almost bought a 2012 Camaro SS in orange, went with silver. Sticking with 2600K for a bit, though X79 boards are looking very nice..

AsRock

TPU addict
Processor AMD 3900X \ AMD 7700X
Motherboard ASRock AM4 X570 Pro 4 \ ASUS X670Xe TUF
Cooling D15
Memory Patriot 2x16GB PVS432G320C6K \ G.Skill Flare X5 F5-6000J3238F 2x16GB
Video Card(s) eVga GTX1060 SSC \ XFX RX 6950XT RX-695XATBD9
Storage Sammy 860, MX500, Sabrent Rocket 4 Sammy Evo 980 \ 1xSabrent Rocket 4+, Sammy 2x990 Pro
Display(s) Samsung 1080P \ LG 43UN700
Case Fractal Design Pop Air 2x140mm fans from Torrent \ Fractal Design Torrent 2 SilverStone FHP141x2
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V677 \ Yamaha CX-830+Yamaha MX-630 Infinity RS4000\Paradigm P Studio 20, Blue Yeti
Power Supply Seasonic Prime TX-750 \ Corsair RM1000X Shift
Mouse Steelseries Sensei wireless \ Steelseries Sensei wireless
Keyboard Logitech K120 \ Wooting Two HE
Benchmark Scores Meh benchmarks.
System Name White Boy
Processor Core i7 3770k @4.6 Ghz
Motherboard ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe
Cooling CORSAIR H100
Memory CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB @ 2177
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 680 CLASSIEFIED @ 1250 Core
Storage 2 Samsung 830 256 GB (Raid 0) 1 Hitachi 4 TB
Display(s) 1 Dell 30U11 30"