• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

OFFICIAL Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim (Discussion)

System Name Desktop|| Virtual Host 0
Processor Intel Core i5 2500-K @ 4.3ghz || 2x Xeon L5630 (total 8 cores, 16 threads)
Motherboard ASUS P8Z68-V || Dell PowerEdge R710 (Intel 5520 chipset)
Cooling Corsair Hydro H100 || Stock hotplug fans and passive heatsinks
Memory 4x4gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 || 12x4gb Hynix DDR3 1066 FB-DIMMs
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 760 Gaming Twin Frozr 4GB OC || Don't know, don't care
Storage Hitachi 7K3000 2TB || 6x300gb 15k rpm SAS internal hotswap, 12x3tb Seagate NAS drives in enclosure
Display(s) ViewSonic VA2349S || remote iDRAC KVM console
Case Antec P280 || Dell PowerEdge R710
Audio Device(s) HRT MusicStreamer II+ and Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 || Don't know, don't care
Power Supply SeaSonic X650 Gold || 2x870w hot-swappable
Mouse Logitech G500 || remote iDRAC KVM console
Keyboard Logitech G510 || remote iDRAC KVM console
Software Win7 Ultimate x64 || VMware vSphere 6.0 with vCenter Server 6.0
Benchmark Scores Over 9000 on the scouter
My general strategy for anything I can't take out with a few blasts is to let Lydia take all the hits while I stay far away (preferably up high) and keep blasting.

bostonbuddy

can you find glass armor in game or do you have to smith it?
So far have found tons of elven, buncha dwarven, and 1 ebony shield.

Chewers

System Name Calculator 2.0
Processor Intel Core i7 3770K
Motherboard Asus Maximus V Formula
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory 16GB Corsair Veneance 2133MHz
Video Card(s) Asus DirectCU II GTX670
Storage 2X Intel 330Series 120GB at RAID0
Display(s) Samsung T24B300EEC
Case Corsair 500R White
Audio Device(s) SupremeFX IV
Power Supply Corsair AX760i
Software Windows 7 Home Premium x64
Benchmark Scores Pending
He he, never thought i will play and enjoy RPG (Most i play BF series FPS). And so far - highly recommended.. I love this game..

If you spam lightening on the spiders (the mechanical things) you can hit them right after you shock them for a few seconds and it does more damage than just shock or just sword

i was running around with a sword and lighting in the other hand in the Dwarven Ruins

Ah the ebony shield i got that too on a quest, i heard ebony armour is good which i plan to smith. Im in the wolf armour and its still some of the best ive seen so far.

Ahhzz

Staff member
System Name OrangeHaze / Silence
Processor i7-13700KF / i5-10400 /
Motherboard ROG STRIX Z690-E / MSI Z490 A-Pro Motherboard
Cooling Corsair H75 / TT ToughAir 510
Memory 64Gb GSkill Trident Z5 / 32GB Team Dark Za 3600
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2070 / Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-X 4Gb
Storage Hynix Plat P41 2Tb\Samsung MZVL21 1Tb / Samsung 980 Pro 1Tb
Display(s) 22" Dell Wide/24" Asus
Case Lian Li PC-101 ATX custom mod / Antec Lanboy Air Black & Blue
Audio Device(s) SB Audigy 7.1
Power Supply Corsair Enthusiast TX750
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed Wireless / Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum
Keyboard K68 RGB — CHERRY® MX Red
Software Win10 Pro \ RIP:Win 7 Ult 64 bit
*spoiled to keep the pics down*

Eh, potentially, but honestly, I'd rather see some forward momentum at an angle towards the right direction, than waiting longer.... And from the notes I've seen about the patch, yeah it's incoming, altho I wouldn't call it "imminent", and there's absolutely NO statement about what it will address, and iirc, a pretty direct statement of "No comment" about what's in it.

By the way BP, here's "imminent" from our previous discussion... Thanks, but I'd rather have an ATI fix NOW, and then another two weeks away...

http://stickskills.com/2011/11/18/skyrim-patches-finalized-expected-to-be-out-in-two-weeks/

1Kurgan1

The Knife in your Back
System Name My Comp | Fiancees Comp
Processor i7 5820k @ 4.6Ghz 1.285v| i5 2500k
Motherboard MSI x99 SLI Plus | AsRock Z77 Pro 3
Cooling Watercooled
Memory 16GB DDR4 2400 @ 2666 | 12GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) AMD R9 290x | MSI 5850 OC
Storage 128gb SSD + 2x 2TB | 2TB
Display(s) Asus 27" LCD | 25" Hanns G
Case CM Storm | CM Elite 430
Audio Device(s) Creative Recon 3D PCIe
Power Supply Enermax Galaxy 1250W | Rosewill 630w
Mouse Logitech G700s | Logitech G100s
Keyboard Logitech G901 | Logitech G105
Software Win 8.1 Ultimate x64 | Win 8.1 Ultimate x64
Benchmark Scores 3D Mark - Fire Strike Extreme - 4403
Just took this, figured it would make a good desktop if anyone want to use it.

System Name Black Panther
Processor i9 9900k
Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO Wifi 1.0
Cooling NZXT Kraken X72 360mm
Memory 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3600Mhz
Video Card(s) Palit RTX2080 Ti Dual 11GB DDR6
Storage Samsung EVO 970 500GB SSD M.2 & 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm
Display(s) 32'' Gigabyte G32QC 2560x1440 165Hz
Case NZXT H710i Black
Audio Device(s) Razer Electra V2 & Z5500 Speakers
Power Supply Seasonic Focus GX-850 Gold 80+
Mouse Some Corsair lost the box forgot the model
Keyboard Motospeed
Software Windows 10
Broken Quest Possibility Alert!! Battle for Whiterun!

Guys, when doing the Battle for Whiterun quest make sure you make a lot of different saves, especially one exactly before you enter the Jarl's throne-room in Dragonsreach!

I googled this and found that it happened to a number of players, not just me.

My quest got broken there:

You enter the throne-room, waiting for Jarl Balgruuf to 'do something' and he never does it. If you go out of Whiterun you'll get a "Quest Failed" message. So you'll basically be stuck in the room staring at NPC's doing nothing!

When you have dealt with the city of Whiterun and killed all the guards together with the help of the Stormcloaks, all that remains would be to enter Dragonsreach, fight the guards inside and fight the Jarl, bringing him to surrender.

If you enter, you'd get caught in a loop where the Jarl says he surrenders and will leave after a couple of hours after gathering his family... but he'll never leave. Your quest will be stuck at a point where you have to "accept the Jarl's surrender". But any attempted conversation with the Jarl would only have him repeat that he surrenders and is going to leave. The new Jarl of Whiterun, Vignar Grey-Mane, will stay near the door entrance doing nothing.

To solve this, I found a save exactly before entering Dragonsreach but instead of entering I fast-travelled to a nearby cave outside of Whiterun and back.

So I bypassed all the conversation with the Jarl. When I came back to Whiterun all the smoke and fire was gone. But the city was weird in that there was no guard to be seen anywhere, neither Whiterun guards nor Stormcloaks!! I entered Dragonsreach to find the Jarl sitting comfortably on the throne, with Lilith on his side as if nothing had happened!!! I got the message that the quest was successful and that I had to return to Ulfrich and inform him of the Jarl's surrender (!!!) I thought this was bugged up big time and even worse than before! So I exited Dragonsreach door again. This time there were like 15 Stormcloaks spawned out of nowhere walking calmly around me. I entered Dragonsreach again and this time the Jarl and his people weren't there. There were totally different people, the new housecarl was there, but no one was on the throne. I hope the new Jarl shows up now.

Anyway, after all of this the quest shows up as successfully completed in my Journal.

I have to go back to check Dragonsreach after I finish my current quest, to whether there is somebody on the throne or not..

Last edited:
Processor i9 9900k
Case NZXT H710i Black
Keyboard Motospeed
Software Windows 10
Skyrim's buglist.. so far...

I dare you read it all, aloud, in one breath! :D

Graphics, Textures, Animations etc.
* There is a huge and disproportionate FPS hit upon entering towns for many users (may be related to/affected by items below).
* Light-sources (eg candles, fireplaces) seem to cause a disproportionate slowdown/FPS hit even on extremely high-end systems, just for 1 or 2 lightsources.
* Shadows are extremely low-resolution and pixellated to a ridiculous degree (many people seem to think shadow-rendering is done by the CPU instead of the GPU, which could explain the above, other claims this is not the case - there is some strange CPU bottlenecking on powerful machines though?).
* A combination of more than a few NPC's close together, and light-sources, causes crazy FPS hits (this is really the combined effect of the above three items?).
* FOV seems to randomly drop, sometimes to extremely low levels for a PC user, with no option to change the FOV in game settings, and the .ini changes not always working (using the in-game console should not be forced as this disables achievements). Add a (permanent) FOV setting to advanced options (FOV is an important setting for PC users, as it varies widely based on resolution, monitor size, and distance from monitor as to what a user should be playing with), and ensure it doesn't keep resetting or lowering to console-levels from zone loads.
* Mouse Y-Axis sensitivity appears locked to FPS/performance - this can cause the mouse to require you to use the entire height of your mouse-mat just to look up by a couple of inches at times.
* Quad core CPU's don't appear to be being utilised (despite the recommended system specs requesting a quad-core CPU?).
* .Exe is not flagged as large-memory-address aware (so despite recommended system specs suggesting high RAM, the client will never use that much RAM - users can patch this themselves with 3rd party software in seconds, why can't it be official?).
* Some GPU's seem to be being incredibly under-used, despite apparent lag/FPS drops/slowdown issues - is this related to graphics-tasks being offloaded to the CPU because this is beneficial on consoles?
* Sometimes when walking around, ground textures do not load in quickly enough, and you can be stood on a crazily blurred out, almost single-colour texture for a while (anything up to a minute), before the higher-resolution ground textures load in over them.
* Many heavily used textures seem to be extremely low-resolution (this may not be a bug, it may be that no high-res textures ever existed, or that low-res textures are loading in without the higher-res ones loading correctly).
* Anti-aliasing at certain settings causes a strange blue-line glow/outline around your character and any items you are holding.
* Character animations for sprinting while dual-wielding spells or weapons looks ridiculous and broken.
* Bloom levels in the snow can go too high - causing snow to almost blind the player even when there's not much snow (intentional? Emulating real-life "snowblind"? :p).
* The system that auto adjusts brightness (dims/brightens lights as you look and move around) - any chance of a way to disable this? It seems hyperactive on some systems.
* No HDR options available (need a way to turn off HDR altogether, many players dislike it and can have problems with it).
* The small arrows for tracked quests that appear on-screen over doors/NPC's etc. sometimes fail to show at all - unchecking and rechecking all tracked items in the journal sometimes fixes this.
* Sheathing animations for dual-wielded weapons, in third person, appear broken/missing.
* Number of issues with LOD ("Z-Fighting") with mountain snow - flickering can be observed at certain distances, but not others. Most noticable with mountains west of Whiterun, the mountain snow flickers constantly from the Z-Fighting.
* Certain sets of armour on certain genders/races have clipping issues, as do certain helmets with certain hairstyles, badly jarring when playing in third person (try a heavy male character in Orcish armour for example).
* Water doesn't always load in - sometimes lakes can look like they have been completely drained, and you can walk to the bottom of them and still see clear-as-day from one side to the other.
* Sometimes the "fog filters" underwater don't load in (even though the surface of the water was visible, unlike the above bug), and it can seem like you are "swimming" around in thin air.
* Possibly cause by a conflict with a certain batch of ATI graphics drivers, but there is a "black screen of doom" bug that crops up after various minutes/hours of play for many users (see thread)
* The "sky-dome" appears to have bad seams - concentric lines are visible in the sky all the way up to the top of the sky-dome, and they move as the lightness level of the sky changes. They are most visible on clear starry nights, particularly as the sun is beginning to rise, where they move across the sky very quickly. (screen 1,screen 2)
* Nirnroot glow effects sometimes lose their alpha transparency masks, causing their glow effects to look like huge solid white textures in a large area around them.
* Many swimming animations are missing from NPC's/monsters, yet they will still enter the water quite freely, looking extremely out of place.
* When riding, the horse often disappears when the camera is getting close due to nearby obstacles - it seems to disappear "too easily" - rather than only disappearing when it should actually be "off-camera" from the camera movements.
* Spider-webs (the ones you can break with magic/a weapon) and flame effects (eg from dragon breath), are sometimes completely invisible and never show up.

Core Engine/Physics Engine

* Many random crashes-to-desktop - these cause no error messages, it just throws you instantly back to desktop with no notice. There may be many causes of these, some listed elsewhere here, but the outcome is the same.
* Mammoths occasionally shoot 100 feet into the air, and then drop down dead - possibly when two mammoths are following too closely, the one at the back is launching the one in-front of it into the air when they try turning?
* Dragon bones can be seen dropping from a huge height and landing again when you re-approach an area they were left in (and sometimes they'll appear at fast-travel locations when you zone-load in, NOT where they were killed).
* Sometimes simple acts such as opening a door will launch all objects off of nearby shelves/tables etc. that were within a certain distance of the door - seems to be related to how fast your FPS is?
* Objects can get stuck in other objects and will constantly be trying to "jump out of the object" (sounds like two objects banging together over and over without stopping).
* Running over objects/random clutter on the floor can launch them like a cannon has fired them - you can actually injure and even kill your own character with this at times.
* A strange bug can cause objects to get "stuck" to both the player character and NPC's (eg an NPC chopping logs might start getting log-graphics stuck all over it's hands, a player can get animals stuck to parts of their body).
* The instant anything is off-screen, it seems to forget where it was - try very quickly moving your camera back and forth between two people either side of you, you'll see they keep "jumping" into different positions.
* Sometimes the above feature (where things happen differently when off-camera) actually happen on camera - you can be talking to an NPC and suddenly another NPC will warp in in-front of you, an NPC that was elsewhere in the village/building.
* Giants can launch the player hundreds of feet into the air like a rocketship in a single-hit (20 feet in the air would be fine, but they can hit you higher than the throat of the world mountain).
* V-Sync (or iPresentInterval) seems to have a huge impact on many other things ingame, such as the time-of-day the "next day" happens at, mouse sensitivity, etc. - why/how?
* Sound levels are far too low on certain systems, without any way to increase the volume beyond an extremely low level.
* Horses have ridiculous physics - you can climb up near vertical cliffs on a horse at crazy angles, though horses can sometimes die just from falling off a three foot high stone.
* If you kill a character with any form of knockback effect, you can sometimes "push" their corpse through the gameworld, and cause their corpse to be unretrievable or lootable. Is this down to some "speed" setting of item movement - eg a speed of "10" moves it 10 "measurements" per cycle, without any checks on if they would have encountered a floor after say, 7 "measurements" - so they skip right through the world?
* You can also cause living characters to get stuck in the world if you knock them back close to walls/other objects (eg use relenting force to push an NPC back into a wall, they sometimes go "through" the wall).
* Casting spells such as "Raise Zombie" on a dragon's skeleton causes it to shoot into the sky.
* After alt-tabbing out of the game, you need to tab back into the game twice for it to load. Alt-Tab into the game once, the window is selected but you are still on your desktop... re-tab to another window (eg your browser), then tab to the game a 2nd time, and the game loads.

Interface, UI & Controls
* Selling/buying is bugged - if you hover over an item the NPC is selling, and then scroll down the far-left list onto your own items but DON'T move the mouse to the right (so DON'T hover over an item you actually have) - and then tap E - you gain gold for the item the NPC owns, and you can spam it - as if you are selling the NPC's own item back to them. The same bug may also allow item duplication/crashes using the same technique on containers.
* The bizarre fact that the global map can be scrolled with WASD but not mouse-dragging, while the local map must be scrolled with mouse-dragging but not with WASD.
* The inability to navigate the perk trees with any reliable and logical sense with a mouse & keyboard, and many other UI inconsistencies and issues with M&K and large screens.
* The "tooltips" for multi-level perks should show both the buff you *CURRENTLY* have, and the buff you will get if you put one more level into it. Atm it doesn't, and it's not clear whether the game is showing what you currently have, or what you will have if you put another level into the perk.
* Appears to be no way to sort the inventory - can't sort by items worn, item weights, item values - stuck with pure alphabetical text lists. Not even small icons representing "Item types" next to the items?
* Mouse-clicking in menus is very buggy - sometimes mouse-clicking directly on items in the UI fails altogether. Other times is works for some but not all. Yet more times clicking anywhere but exactly on the text itself causes the menu to close instead of selecting the item your mouse was next to. Using the keyboard seems to be fairly reliable - it seems to be the mouse controls that are very broken in the UI.
* If you use WASD to navigate the UI and hit enter, but your mouse is over something else in the UI (an item, a dialog option, etc.), hitting enter can select the item the mouse was over rather than the one you used keys to navigate to (and the reverse is sometimes true).
* Key remapping doesn't seem complete - many interface related key presses (eg favourites and hotkeys) screw up if you remap those same keys (eg remapping the F key that changes to third person, interferes with the F being used to favourite things, changing the WASD keys to cursor movement doesn't allow you to use cursor keys for lockpicking, etc. etc.).
* Should be far more hotkeys open to PC users for the favourites/quick-list (how about supporting ctrl+key, shift+key, alt+key to expand the list massively?).
* Players should be able to hotkey a combination - eg hotkey a shield&sword combo, or hotkey a dual-wield combo.
* There is no way to quickly check buffs/debuffs - without a painful chore going through the magic menu.
* Key-bindings seem to "break" for hotkeys if you try to switch from "magic in one hand weapon in the other" (and possibly other dual-wield combos seem problematic with the favourites hotkey system?)
* If you middle-mouse-wheel while using the enchanting station, it can zoom your character out instead of just scrolling the on-screen lists - this can cause your character to be permanently stuck after trying to leave the station.
* Appears to be no simple way of seeing if you already know a spell listed in a container/NPC etc. - surely spell tomes for spells you already know could be greyed out (or if items had small thumbnail icons by their names, as they should, the icons could be greyed out).
* The "R" key to unlock dragon shouts, even though you have souls, occasionally doesn't work (may just be from key remapping, but even without remapping the R key, this can still happen, spamming the R key sometimes unlocks a shout).
* Both racial powers, and shouts, default to the "Z" key - making it awkward/confusing to use both racial powers, and shouts, together. (and this isn't explained anywhere)
* Dragon shouts often seem to unequip themselves - you can be tapping Z and nothing happens, and find your dragon shout had unequipped itself.
* The game does not make it clear to the player they have to press "R" to spend dragon souls to unlock dragon shouts - MANY players have gone through the game with lots of dragon souls and locked shouts, never knowing how to unlock the shouts.
* Some conversations cannot be backed out of with tab, and other conversations that shouldn't be able to (eg when guards want to arrest you) CAN simply be tabbed out of. Sometimes the exit conversation button disappears and the conversation cannot be tabbed out of either, so you are stuck in a permanent conversation.
* If you read a book and tab out of it, the entire UI starts playing up - moving the mouse over UI elements causes random elements to be ignored altogether as if they didn't exist - the only fix is to exit the UI completely then re-enter.
* Trying to rotate items in the "zoomed in" view is extremely unintuitive and problematic - it can be extremely difficult trying to rotate items to get them a particular way around.
* Not all dungeons or map waypoints get flagged as "cleared" even after you have cleared them.
* Not all mice have mouse-wheels, but there are some controls that require a mouse-wheel and there appears (?) to be no keybound alternatives, eg map zooming or zooming in on items.
* Media keys (eg volume control keys) do not work ingame (other games don't seem to disable keyboard media keys).
* Seems to be no way to attack with any weapon at all underwater, even though enemies that happen to be underwater can attack the player.
* If you have your fists out in third person, and go into first person, your fists don't appear on-screen but you are unable to interact with anything (eg forges, enchanters) - you need to unsheathe and sheathe some weapons again to clear it.
* Sometimes interface text (on-screen messages) get "stuck" on and never fade - they can be replace by other messages (eg when you cursor over a door) - but revert back to the same message rather than clearing when your cursor moves away from the door.

NPC's, Companions, Creatures and their AI
* Sometimes some NPC's (not followers) get 'stuck' following you around (particularly with Farkas) - they will persistently try to talk to you over and over, which interrupts you attempting to fight/talk to others/do anything at all.
* If an NPC is in the middle of a random dialog line (the ones they say as you walk past) when you zone into a new location (particularly a player house), the NPC will actually zone into the house with you to finish what they were saying, then try to leave again.
* NPC's frequently do their animations half-way in objects, or many feet away from the objects they are apparently interacting with - eg appear half-way embedded in the floor, or leaning on a post 5 foot away, or animations bugging causing them to spin round-and-around while apparently sleeping on a bed.
* You can place a bot/basket/tub etc. over everybody's head (by dragging it over them), they won't object to this at all - but will no longer be able to see, so you can murder their family or rob them blind of all their possessions without them making a single complaint, they'll just stand their happily with a basket over their head.
* A single giant and mammoth can takedown a dragon with relative ease (should dragons not be the toughest encounters?). Also seen a single ice-troll solo a dragon.
* Dragons often seem to go out of their way to attack any single critter, creature or mob in range before turning their attention to the player (eg killing every mudcrab around while you pelt it with spells and arrows freely). Is this down to level differences between you and the dragon?
* Marriage sometimes fails to work on characters that should be "marryable" - also there is a distinct lack of certain possible partners of certain races-genders, your partner will sometimes disappear altogether after the wedding and never reappear, and the entire marriage systems seems to be about as deep as a single variable.
* Headless horseman ghost sometimes freaks out and flies through the air at crazy speeds - possibly related to the general broken physics of horses?
* "Fugitive" random encounter can approach and open dialog with the player by surprise, while the player is in the middle of combat with others, often resulting in death. (needs an "is in combat" check before the fugitive tries talking to you).
* Horses, particularly stolen ones, have serious problems upon dismounting - dismount a stolen horse and it can shoot hundreds of feet away instantly.
* Random dialog lines from NPC's are frequently spoken by any NPC's while you are in the middle of conversations and at an audio level as loud as the NPC you are talking to - they often drown eachother out and make it confusing to listen to anything being said.
* Talking to a fist-fight opponent immediately after the fight (while they are still kneeling) sometimes causes dialog problems.
* If you ask a companion to leave, it occasionally doesn't flag your character as having "no companion" - and trying to get a new companion (or even the same one that left you) fails, as you are told you already have a companion.
* Companions can sometimes get stuck in certain positions, eg the death/lying down position - but continue to follow you around. So you can have what looks like a snake-person sliding around following you everywhere.
* Companions don't always enter through the same door - eg you can enter a large fort that has two entrances, and your companion will zone in through the back door and aggro half the fort for you.
* Companions (and other NPC's following you) can stand in the doorway of a small room you entered and block you in the room - sometimes you can get the NPC to move if you run around the edges of the room, but not always. You should be able to push your own companions/followers out of the way by running into them.
* Companions sometimes get stuck at certain stages in dungeons, and instead of continuing to follow you, will run back to the start/get stuck in a certain part, as if there are pathing issues (and you'll have to finish the dungeon alone).
* Companions can charge towards any nearby enemies even while you are sneaking and trying to be stealthy.
* Companion gear resets if you ask them to "part company" then ask them to rejoin - eg if you kit Lydia out in full Orcish armour, remove all the steel armour from her, ask her to part ways then to rejoin you - she'll suddenly have all her steel armour again and be wearing it (Orcish armour will still be on her, but you'll have to sort all her equipment out again).
* Companions can often comment on cave discoveries (eg "This might have some treasure in" type lines) when you exit the dungeon, rather than when you first approach it - they were too far from you when you ran towards the entrance and first entered it?
* Companions in a fight will continue attacking guards after you sheathe weapons, making it hard/impossible to yield to guards.
* Are Companion equipment sets getting "merged" - or do all Companions have Faendal's bow? For example if you hire Faendal as a companion, then let him go - every future companion seems to have and almost exclusively use Faendal's bow too.
* Faendal takes gold for teaching you archery, but if he is your companion you can immediately take that gold back from him - essentially a free 5 archery every single level.
* Barbos (the dog companion) pushes you around while trying to follow you - probably as it's followpoint distance is the same as other humanoid companions (despite the dog being "longer").
* The skeleton that comes to life in the "above ground tomb" near the Sightless Pit (close to Winterhold), spawns an infinite number of "The Doors of Oblivion" books - just loot one, close then re-open the loot window, and another book is there.
* "Bounty Hunter" NPC's that hunt you down if you have a high bounty, the dialog option to pay off your bounty seems broken - they request 0 gold, and don't clear your bounty.
* Quest NPC's that the player must follow (eg the mage guild tour) will frequently interrupt their tour to greet the player - seems to be issues with not constantly being within a specific range of the NPC?
* Some story-based dialogs get stuck permanently on (they are always having the same specific conversation every time you see them), eg Ulfric talking with his housecarl, until you begin certain questlines.
* NPC's/Critters in fights can rarely seemingly "freeze" - not moving or fighting - if the player moves close enough they sometimes unfreeze and continue fighting.
* Smithing/enchanting/alchemy seem to be incredibly overpowered - make it too easy to get weapons and armour with ridiculously overpowered stats and abilities, seriously unbalancing the game.

Perks, Skills, Your Character & Your Items

* The heavy armour "weightless armour" perk constantly forgets itself, which causes your character to become overburdened until you flick your inventory on & off again.
* Smithing an iron dagger or hide bracers nets as much smithing exp as a set of Daedric armour - you can just spam single ingot & strap daggers all the way to 100.
* Arrows, ice shards etc. get stuck in your character seemingly forever, despite zone-loads, sleeping etc. - you can have giant ice-shards or arrows sticking out of your head forever.
* Other graphical effects can also get stuck on your character - eg if you get hit with frost or fire spells/effects, sometimes the graphical effect gets permanently stuck to your character even after the DOT/effect has worn off.
* Using a bow & arrow in third person crouched fires arrow from a point behind and below your character, so it can get stuck in objects or the floor depending what angle you fire at, rather than firing from where your bow actually is.
* Wearing a hood and a mask at the same time causes your character's head to turn invisible.
* Wearing Arch Mage Robes and Thalmar Boots causes your character's calves to turn invisible.
* Certain hood/mask combos allow you to wear the equivalent of 2 helmets/2 masks at once (some sort of slotting/slot number issue relating to helmets being considered different to masks on some items but not all?).
* The "Aura whisper" shout seems to give your character unnatural, brightly glowing eyes, with no way to remove them.
* "Quick Reflexes" sometimes gets "stuck" on - slowing time and giving you "super powers" for minutes or even indefinitely.
* If time is slowed when the player kills a dragon (or if slow time was used at all during the fight?), the dragon corpse seems to "break" and doesn't grant the player a dragon soul.
* Some save-games are randomly disappearing - restoring backups can fix this, appears to be some problem in the save-function that crash that function and cause corrupt/no saves?
* Sometimes the game thinks all your save-games are "corrupt" - but, depending on the cause, this can be fixed by starting a *NEW* game, going through the carriage ride, then loading the old game from within a new-game (if this fails, try restoring the auto-backed-up saves first then going through this new game process).
* The knock-down effect of shield-charge sometimes stops working, seemingly at random.
* At times, the player can no longer get rested/well-rested buffs (despite having no diseases, and not being a werewolf or vampire) - is this impacted by changing stone-signs?
* Custom named weapons default to their base name if you get disarmed with them... likewise if you custom name three similar items (same base/same enchants) with completely different unique names, and drop them all - their names get "merged" - the game seems incapable of keeping track of unique item names the moment the item is no longer on your character.
* Total charges/prices of enchanted items are sometimes loss when changing cells/loading new cells (possibly related to the above when you have more than one item of a similar base type but different enchant/charge quantities?).
* Dropping a soul gem you filled onto the floor can empty the soul gem.
* Even after curing yourself of being a werewolf, NPCs will still make comments about you having "hair growing from your ears" - a certain werewolf related flag is not being cleared?
* Other illnesses have the same "stuck on" problem as above - eg NPC's may comment on you looking sickly even after curing a disease.
* The "Matching Set" bonus for Ebony armour-sets is broken.
* Your reticle sometimes displays incorrectly if you, for example, are sneaking, and quickload a save where you are not sneaking - the "character state" is merging/confusing the reticle system.
* Stormcall shout - is it meant to have such a huge area, and hit everything including neutral NPC's, friendly NPC's, companions and even your own horse? It makes the call unusable in many/most situations.
* If you are over-encumbered, you cannot move at all if you are in 3rd person view (but can move slowly in 1st person view).
* You can have infinite magika by removing and then re-equipping an item that has fortify magika - drain all your mana, then use your favourites/quick bar to remove and re-equip the item that had fortify magika, you'll instantly get however much magika that item fortifies you by given to you. (probably works with health and other similar items if you remove and then re-equip them).
* "Blessing of Talos" states that time between shouts is reduce by 0% (zero percent).
* "Ring of Minor Wielding" lists it's active effects twice.
* Changing to "beast form" sometimes gets confused - you visually change, but get no benefits of beast form, and you are automatically equipped with (random?) weapons/spells you have - but are unable to use them properly due to being in beastform.
* It's possible for non-equippable items to get stuck in your inventory and be listed as equipped (known to happen with a garnet) - you can sell it, but it remains listed in your inventory, so you can sell it over and over for unlimited gold etc.
* Studded Imperial Armor has the same armour rating as Imperial Light Armour (should be higher?), and cannot be upgraded (studded armour can, and imperial armour can, but not Studded Imperial Armor).
* "Blade of Woe" can be upgraded (with the necessary Smithing perk) without requiring any materials at all. (possibly true of certain other unique enchanted items too).
* Destruction magic damage doesn't scale well - eg at level 50, your destruction spells can be doing next to nothing, whereas a melee/bow character will find their damage has scaled incredibly.
* Bounties don't always seem to clear even after "paying them off" - seems to be random (random locations/times/situations?) whether paying it off actually clears it.
* You can jump just as high when encumbered, despite not being able to run - surely jump height should be at best half-normal height when encumbered, at worst unable to jump at all?

Environment/Furniture/Interactable Items

* The bookshelf is difficult to fill the bottom/middle shelf with books if you fill the top shelf first (and sometimes leaving the house and coming back later causes the bookshelf to appear empty visually, while still containing the books).
* Buying all furniture for your Whiterun home breaks the ownership of the "guest bed" - eg Lydia will no longer sleep anywhere.
* Items don't always stay where you last moved them in cells (particularly important for your own house) - they tend to stick to where they were when you first dropped them/they first appeared in the cell - they will revert to this position if you leave then re-enter the cell (rather than remembering the position you last moved them to).
* Some torches on walls, that look identical to any other torch-on-a-wall, are not interactable (cannot be taken or turned off) - eg some/all torches in Pinewatch.
* The small wooden handcarts dotted around, that often have items in the back of them (there is one in the tutorial/intro cave just before the bear), seem to be as light as feathers despite being quite large wooden items - nudging them just slightly can send them flinging off into the distance as if you had just shot them with an RPG.

Terrain/Areas/Locations
* Certain areas seem to have their own CTD issues relating to objects/creatures being spawned half-way into walls and floors or something.
* Bonechill passage will cause a CTD almost guaranteed after moving beyond the first chamber and heading to the 2nd/final chamber - however playing in windowed mode appears to fix this?
* Pelagius Wing of the Blue Palace causes CTD's/game freeze just after walking through the cobwebs (not every time, but fairly common).
* Wolfskull Caves appears to have a large area of missing texture/missing objects (can see through into a "graphical void")
* Ironback Hideout has no bedrolls/anything under the tents (it clearly should have - there are no beds anywhere for the NPCs to use, every other similar location has).
* Walking around certain parts of Morthal can cause your character to warp and become stuck above the hall of the vigilant, with no way to continue except to reload a previous save.
* The elevator door out of Alfland can break (no longer possible to open/interact with) after leaving the dungeon (need to fast travel to exit, and can no longer re-enter?).

Quests
* There are many items flagged as quest-items that remain flagged even after completing the Quest, and some weigh lots (eg 20lb for a main questline item), and can never be removed dropped or sold, causing a permanent loss to your total carry capacity.
* Quest-items sometimes become invisible in any and all item lists (containers, your own character etc.) - they simply will not show in any lists, which can break many quests where you have to loot a specific quest item etc.
* Sometimes the main-questline when your character first talks to the monks and is meant to extend unrelenting force abilities, the monks actually do not transfer any ability to you at all and the questline is stuck from that point - a reload and trying again can sometimes randomly fix this (seems linked to the function that lets you absorb shouts and souls from dragons/dragon walls - this sometimes doesn't trigger elsewhere in the game, but particularly on this quest from the monks).
* "A Cornered Rat" - When the NPC "lets you in to talk" - he sometimes doesn't actually let the player in, just closes his hatch and nothing else happens - the quest is permanently stuck then.
* "Loud and Clear" - you can finish this quest but not be given and have no opportunity to receive any followup quests at all.
* "Blood On The Ice" - the graveyard scene sometimes fails to load, causing the quest to get stuck.
* "Blood On The Ice" - if you have the court mage arrested, the quest simple ends prematurely - you are stuck with the amulet, Corlixto's Treasure shop is permanently closed, it feels like a major part of scripting is missing/broken.
* "Gauldur Amulet" - starting this questline/being at a certain stage on this questline can cause a CTD every time you attempt to enter Whiterun, making Whiterun inaccessible.
* "Forsworn Conspiracy" - quest can break if you pickpocket the note during the escape - the quest then updates telling you to check the body, but as you already have the note, you cannot trigger the quest to continue.
* "Markarth Conspiracy"/"The Forsworn Conspiracy" - the guards that arrest you never leave the shrine - you can be arrested, sent to the mines, complete that stage of the quest - but re-enter the shrine and the guards are still there and the whole process repeats, over and over.
* Winterhold College Quest sometimes breaks when you should be starting "Containment" - the necessary triggers simply fail to activate.
* "Blessings of Nature" - the old tree will remain in place with the new sapling growing inside.
* "Battle for Fort Hraggstad" doesn't always allow you to continue to "Battle for Solitude" - it just ends the questline with no way to continue the quests.
* "Season Unending" making a truce can get stuck - Ulfric won't talk to you - possibly he is getting stuck stuck with the joining the stormcloaks quest instead (even if you don't intent to ever join the stormcloaks).
* "Brelyna's Practice" - when Brelyna asks to practise on you, the quest can get stuck at the point where you are supposed to wait for the effect to wear off (no effect listed in active effects, no amount of waiting/zone loading moves the quest forward).
* "Under Saarthal" - casting a fire based spell at the wall can cause a game freeze for some users (frost based spell apparently works fine). Other people have reported that no amount of spellcasting affects the wall at all, other that dual-casting is the only way to fix it.
* "Sentenced to Death" - you can get the dialog for the various "victims" by talking to them, before actually being told by Muiri who the victims are.
* "Purity of Revenge" quest cannot ever be started, if you were on the "Helm of Winterhold" at the time that you should have received the Purity quest (relating to the boss NPC already being killed?).
* "Speaking With Silence" - after meeting Mercer at the catacombs entrance, sometimes the quest gets stuck - you cannot enter without a key, and Mercer does nothing but stand there.
* "Collect bounty from Skald" for Dawnstar bounty quest doesn't seem to update/clear.
* "The Legend of Red Eagle" seems to be (unintentionally) repeatable, if you read the book again after completing.
* "Repairing the Phial" doesn't update after collecting a Briar Heart (even if you collect one AFTER receiving the quest).
* "Battle for Whiterun" - sometimes it's impossible to accept the Jarl's surrender, the dialog simply loops indefinitely, with Vingar Grey Mane standing at the door unmoving - fast travelling at this point fails the quest.
* "Animal Extermination" style quests from the Companions, don't auto-unlock the houses the player is supposed to be entering to complete them, so the player is forced to be a criminal unless they attend the house at certain unspecified times.
* After the companions funeral, the game sometimes gets stuck - everybody remains in a state of mourning, no further quests are received, and any NPC at the funeral cannot be interacted with properly any more (eg Warmaiden shopkeeper).
* Karliah can be asked about the Agents of Stealth, Sabotage, and Strife before entering the twilight sepulcher.
* Performing the optional stage during Muiri's Brotherhood quest BEFORE killing the primary target causes the compass quest marker to vanish.
* "Return to the Jarl of Riften" doesn't appear to progress - questline just gets stuck at that point.
* Heavily scripted events struggle when the player doesn't "do as expected" - eg the very first intro escaping quest, if the player runs up to Alduin and jumps around, Alduin and all other NPC's will just stand around doing nothing, until the player walks to the next trigger point. Or if you run too fast in the intro dungeon, Ralof will stop and stand still rather than run to keep up with you - you have to run BACK to him before he continues on - you have to stay within a set radius for him to keep going.
* Faralda's entrance test quest for the Mage's guild sometimes gets stuck - the player is unable to cast a spell or continue past that point after buying a spell from Faralda.
* Sometimes after defeating Alduin, Alduin simply respawns, over and over.
* Various "becoming the thane" quests remain in the quest log even after becoming thane/completing all quests in an area.
* A number of bounty quests don't seem to spawn the bandit leaders correctly or at all (sometimes only the leader with no helpers, other times only the helpers with no leader).
* Mirabelle's Tour can be interrupted by a random encounter (eg a dragon) - and if Mirabelle is interrupted mid-tour, she will never complete the tour.
* The Bard's Quest can become stuck if you have already picked any of the needed instruments up before receiving the quest (game does not acknowledge that you already have the items).
* Disrupt the Skooma operation quest breaks if you have already cleared that dungeon before receiving the quest.
* An unknown quest in Winterhold, regarding an NPC girl "Isabelle Ronaila", does not get listed anywhere in the journal, making it hard/impossible to complete the quest.
* Completing quest-lines for Companions, Thieves Guild, other major areas etc. appears to have no benefits - re-entering the Thieves Guild, Companion Halls etc. you still get passing comments as if you have just been dragged up from the gutters and are a nobody - is this because of further quests not appearing, variables not being flagged, or is there simply no dialog lines/scripted events to occur once you have achieved "great deeds" for these guilds?
* The "fortify" buffs you get on a particular mage guild quest can sometimes get stuck on your character, giving you the equivalent of permanent, infinite magika.

I'll leave this out of the block of text in the spoiler tag, because I think this is the most important one:

* Generally doing anything (killing NPC's, clearing dungeons, finding items) that are required for a quest, BEFORE you ever see/receive that quest, breaks the quest. Quests all need to re-check for triggers having already been achieved the moment you accept them. This is a shame, as it goes against the very spirit of TES games, which is to explore freely - instead, exploring freely is currently dangerous as it can break many things.

System Name White Theme
Processor Intel 12700K CPU
Motherboard ASUS STRIX Z690-A D4
Cooling Lian Li Galahad Uni w/ AL120 Fans
Memory 32GB DDR4-3200 Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Aero 4080 Super 16GB
Storage 2TB Samsung 980 Pro PCIE 4.0
Display(s) Alienware 38" 3840x1600 (165Hz)
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO White
Audio Device(s) 2i2 Scarlett Solo + Schiit Magni 3 AMP
Power Supply Corsair HX 1000 Platinum
Skyrim's buglist.. so far...

I dare you read it all, aloud, in one breath! :D

Graphics, Textures, Animations etc.
* There is a huge and disproportionate FPS hit upon entering towns for many users (may be related to/affected by items below).
* Light-sources (eg candles, fireplaces) seem to cause a disproportionate slowdown/FPS hit even on extremely high-end systems, just for 1 or 2 lightsources.
* Shadows are extremely low-resolution and pixellated to a ridiculous degree (many people seem to think shadow-rendering is done by the CPU instead of the GPU, which could explain the above, other claims this is not the case - there is some strange CPU bottlenecking on powerful machines though?).
* A combination of more than a few NPC's close together, and light-sources, causes crazy FPS hits (this is really the combined effect of the above three items?).
* FOV seems to randomly drop, sometimes to extremely low levels for a PC user, with no option to change the FOV in game settings, and the .ini changes not always working (using the in-game console should not be forced as this disables achievements). Add a (permanent) FOV setting to advanced options (FOV is an important setting for PC users, as it varies widely based on resolution, monitor size, and distance from monitor as to what a user should be playing with), and ensure it doesn't keep resetting or lowering to console-levels from zone loads.
* Mouse Y-Axis sensitivity appears locked to FPS/performance - this can cause the mouse to require you to use the entire height of your mouse-mat just to look up by a couple of inches at times.
* Quad core CPU's don't appear to be being utilised (despite the recommended system specs requesting a quad-core CPU?).
* .Exe is not flagged as large-memory-address aware (so despite recommended system specs suggesting high RAM, the client will never use that much RAM - users can patch this themselves with 3rd party software in seconds, why can't it be official?).
* Some GPU's seem to be being incredibly under-used, despite apparent lag/FPS drops/slowdown issues - is this related to graphics-tasks being offloaded to the CPU because this is beneficial on consoles?
* Sometimes when walking around, ground textures do not load in quickly enough, and you can be stood on a crazily blurred out, almost single-colour texture for a while (anything up to a minute), before the higher-resolution ground textures load in over them.
* Many heavily used textures seem to be extremely low-resolution (this may not be a bug, it may be that no high-res textures ever existed, or that low-res textures are loading in without the higher-res ones loading correctly).
* Anti-aliasing at certain settings causes a strange blue-line glow/outline around your character and any items you are holding.
* Character animations for sprinting while dual-wielding spells or weapons looks ridiculous and broken.
* Bloom levels in the snow can go too high - causing snow to almost blind the player even when there's not much snow (intentional? Emulating real-life "snowblind"? :p).
* The system that auto adjusts brightness (dims/brightens lights as you look and move around) - any chance of a way to disable this? It seems hyperactive on some systems.
* No HDR options available (need a way to turn off HDR altogether, many players dislike it and can have problems with it).
* The small arrows for tracked quests that appear on-screen over doors/NPC's etc. sometimes fail to show at all - unchecking and rechecking all tracked items in the journal sometimes fixes this.
* Sheathing animations for dual-wielded weapons, in third person, appear broken/missing.
* Number of issues with LOD ("Z-Fighting") with mountain snow - flickering can be observed at certain distances, but not others. Most noticable with mountains west of Whiterun, the mountain snow flickers constantly from the Z-Fighting.
* Certain sets of armour on certain genders/races have clipping issues, as do certain helmets with certain hairstyles, badly jarring when playing in third person (try a heavy male character in Orcish armour for example).
* Water doesn't always load in - sometimes lakes can look like they have been completely drained, and you can walk to the bottom of them and still see clear-as-day from one side to the other.
* Sometimes the "fog filters" underwater don't load in (even though the surface of the water was visible, unlike the above bug), and it can seem like you are "swimming" around in thin air.
* Possibly cause by a conflict with a certain batch of ATI graphics drivers, but there is a "black screen of doom" bug that crops up after various minutes/hours of play for many users (see thread)
* The "sky-dome" appears to have bad seams - concentric lines are visible in the sky all the way up to the top of the sky-dome, and they move as the lightness level of the sky changes. They are most visible on clear starry nights, particularly as the sun is beginning to rise, where they move across the sky very quickly. (screen 1,screen 2)
* Nirnroot glow effects sometimes lose their alpha transparency masks, causing their glow effects to look like huge solid white textures in a large area around them.
* Many swimming animations are missing from NPC's/monsters, yet they will still enter the water quite freely, looking extremely out of place.
* When riding, the horse often disappears when the camera is getting close due to nearby obstacles - it seems to disappear "too easily" - rather than only disappearing when it should actually be "off-camera" from the camera movements.
* Spider-webs (the ones you can break with magic/a weapon) and flame effects (eg from dragon breath), are sometimes completely invisible and never show up.

Core Engine/Physics Engine

* Many random crashes-to-desktop - these cause no error messages, it just throws you instantly back to desktop with no notice. There may be many causes of these, some listed elsewhere here, but the outcome is the same.
* Mammoths occasionally shoot 100 feet into the air, and then drop down dead - possibly when two mammoths are following too closely, the one at the back is launching the one in-front of it into the air when they try turning?
* Dragon bones can be seen dropping from a huge height and landing again when you re-approach an area they were left in (and sometimes they'll appear at fast-travel locations when you zone-load in, NOT where they were killed).
* Sometimes simple acts such as opening a door will launch all objects off of nearby shelves/tables etc. that were within a certain distance of the door - seems to be related to how fast your FPS is?
* Objects can get stuck in other objects and will constantly be trying to "jump out of the object" (sounds like two objects banging together over and over without stopping).
* Running over objects/random clutter on the floor can launch them like a cannon has fired them - you can actually injure and even kill your own character with this at times.
* A strange bug can cause objects to get "stuck" to both the player character and NPC's (eg an NPC chopping logs might start getting log-graphics stuck all over it's hands, a player can get animals stuck to parts of their body).
* The instant anything is off-screen, it seems to forget where it was - try very quickly moving your camera back and forth between two people either side of you, you'll see they keep "jumping" into different positions.
* Sometimes the above feature (where things happen differently when off-camera) actually happen on camera - you can be talking to an NPC and suddenly another NPC will warp in in-front of you, an NPC that was elsewhere in the village/building.
* Giants can launch the player hundreds of feet into the air like a rocketship in a single-hit (20 feet in the air would be fine, but they can hit you higher than the throat of the world mountain).
* V-Sync (or iPresentInterval) seems to have a huge impact on many other things ingame, such as the time-of-day the "next day" happens at, mouse sensitivity, etc. - why/how?
* Sound levels are far too low on certain systems, without any way to increase the volume beyond an extremely low level.
* Horses have ridiculous physics - you can climb up near vertical cliffs on a horse at crazy angles, though horses can sometimes die just from falling off a three foot high stone.
* If you kill a character with any form of knockback effect, you can sometimes "push" their corpse through the gameworld, and cause their corpse to be unretrievable or lootable. Is this down to some "speed" setting of item movement - eg a speed of "10" moves it 10 "measurements" per cycle, without any checks on if they would have encountered a floor after say, 7 "measurements" - so they skip right through the world?
* You can also cause living characters to get stuck in the world if you knock them back close to walls/other objects (eg use relenting force to push an NPC back into a wall, they sometimes go "through" the wall).
* Casting spells such as "Raise Zombie" on a dragon's skeleton causes it to shoot into the sky.
* After alt-tabbing out of the game, you need to tab back into the game twice for it to load. Alt-Tab into the game once, the window is selected but you are still on your desktop... re-tab to another window (eg your browser), then tab to the game a 2nd time, and the game loads.

Interface, UI & Controls
* Selling/buying is bugged - if you hover over an item the NPC is selling, and then scroll down the far-left list onto your own items but DON'T move the mouse to the right (so DON'T hover over an item you actually have) - and then tap E - you gain gold for the item the NPC owns, and you can spam it - as if you are selling the NPC's own item back to them. The same bug may also allow item duplication/crashes using the same technique on containers.
* The bizarre fact that the global map can be scrolled with WASD but not mouse-dragging, while the local map must be scrolled with mouse-dragging but not with WASD.
* The inability to navigate the perk trees with any reliable and logical sense with a mouse & keyboard, and many other UI inconsistencies and issues with M&K and large screens.
* The "tooltips" for multi-level perks should show both the buff you *CURRENTLY* have, and the buff you will get if you put one more level into it. Atm it doesn't, and it's not clear whether the game is showing what you currently have, or what you will have if you put another level into the perk.
* Appears to be no way to sort the inventory - can't sort by items worn, item weights, item values - stuck with pure alphabetical text lists. Not even small icons representing "Item types" next to the items?
* Mouse-clicking in menus is very buggy - sometimes mouse-clicking directly on items in the UI fails altogether. Other times is works for some but not all. Yet more times clicking anywhere but exactly on the text itself causes the menu to close instead of selecting the item your mouse was next to. Using the keyboard seems to be fairly reliable - it seems to be the mouse controls that are very broken in the UI.
* If you use WASD to navigate the UI and hit enter, but your mouse is over something else in the UI (an item, a dialog option, etc.), hitting enter can select the item the mouse was over rather than the one you used keys to navigate to (and the reverse is sometimes true).
* Key remapping doesn't seem complete - many interface related key presses (eg favourites and hotkeys) screw up if you remap those same keys (eg remapping the F key that changes to third person, interferes with the F being used to favourite things, changing the WASD keys to cursor movement doesn't allow you to use cursor keys for lockpicking, etc. etc.).
* Should be far more hotkeys open to PC users for the favourites/quick-list (how about supporting ctrl+key, shift+key, alt+key to expand the list massively?).
* Players should be able to hotkey a combination - eg hotkey a shield&sword combo, or hotkey a dual-wield combo.
* There is no way to quickly check buffs/debuffs - without a painful chore going through the magic menu.
* Key-bindings seem to "break" for hotkeys if you try to switch from "magic in one hand weapon in the other" (and possibly other dual-wield combos seem problematic with the favourites hotkey system?)
* If you middle-mouse-wheel while using the enchanting station, it can zoom your character out instead of just scrolling the on-screen lists - this can cause your character to be permanently stuck after trying to leave the station.
* Appears to be no simple way of seeing if you already know a spell listed in a container/NPC etc. - surely spell tomes for spells you already know could be greyed out (or if items had small thumbnail icons by their names, as they should, the icons could be greyed out).
* The "R" key to unlock dragon shouts, even though you have souls, occasionally doesn't work (may just be from key remapping, but even without remapping the R key, this can still happen, spamming the R key sometimes unlocks a shout).
* Both racial powers, and shouts, default to the "Z" key - making it awkward/confusing to use both racial powers, and shouts, together. (and this isn't explained anywhere)
* Dragon shouts often seem to unequip themselves - you can be tapping Z and nothing happens, and find your dragon shout had unequipped itself.
* The game does not make it clear to the player they have to press "R" to spend dragon souls to unlock dragon shouts - MANY players have gone through the game with lots of dragon souls and locked shouts, never knowing how to unlock the shouts.
* Some conversations cannot be backed out of with tab, and other conversations that shouldn't be able to (eg when guards want to arrest you) CAN simply be tabbed out of. Sometimes the exit conversation button disappears and the conversation cannot be tabbed out of either, so you are stuck in a permanent conversation.
* If you read a book and tab out of it, the entire UI starts playing up - moving the mouse over UI elements causes random elements to be ignored altogether as if they didn't exist - the only fix is to exit the UI completely then re-enter.
* Trying to rotate items in the "zoomed in" view is extremely unintuitive and problematic - it can be extremely difficult trying to rotate items to get them a particular way around.
* Not all dungeons or map waypoints get flagged as "cleared" even after you have cleared them.
* Not all mice have mouse-wheels, but there are some controls that require a mouse-wheel and there appears (?) to be no keybound alternatives, eg map zooming or zooming in on items.
* Media keys (eg volume control keys) do not work ingame (other games don't seem to disable keyboard media keys).
* Seems to be no way to attack with any weapon at all underwater, even though enemies that happen to be underwater can attack the player.
* If you have your fists out in third person, and go into first person, your fists don't appear on-screen but you are unable to interact with anything (eg forges, enchanters) - you need to unsheathe and sheathe some weapons again to clear it.
* Sometimes interface text (on-screen messages) get "stuck" on and never fade - they can be replace by other messages (eg when you cursor over a door) - but revert back to the same message rather than clearing when your cursor moves away from the door.

NPC's, Companions, Creatures and their AI
* Sometimes some NPC's (not followers) get 'stuck' following you around (particularly with Farkas) - they will persistently try to talk to you over and over, which interrupts you attempting to fight/talk to others/do anything at all.
* If an NPC is in the middle of a random dialog line (the ones they say as you walk past) when you zone into a new location (particularly a player house), the NPC will actually zone into the house with you to finish what they were saying, then try to leave again.
* NPC's frequently do their animations half-way in objects, or many feet away from the objects they are apparently interacting with - eg appear half-way embedded in the floor, or leaning on a post 5 foot away, or animations bugging causing them to spin round-and-around while apparently sleeping on a bed.
* You can place a bot/basket/tub etc. over everybody's head (by dragging it over them), they won't object to this at all - but will no longer be able to see, so you can murder their family or rob them blind of all their possessions without them making a single complaint, they'll just stand their happily with a basket over their head.
* A single giant and mammoth can takedown a dragon with relative ease (should dragons not be the toughest encounters?). Also seen a single ice-troll solo a dragon.
* Dragons often seem to go out of their way to attack any single critter, creature or mob in range before turning their attention to the player (eg killing every mudcrab around while you pelt it with spells and arrows freely). Is this down to level differences between you and the dragon?
* Marriage sometimes fails to work on characters that should be "marryable" - also there is a distinct lack of certain possible partners of certain races-genders, your partner will sometimes disappear altogether after the wedding and never reappear, and the entire marriage systems seems to be about as deep as a single variable.
* Headless horseman ghost sometimes freaks out and flies through the air at crazy speeds - possibly related to the general broken physics of horses?
* "Fugitive" random encounter can approach and open dialog with the player by surprise, while the player is in the middle of combat with others, often resulting in death. (needs an "is in combat" check before the fugitive tries talking to you).
* Horses, particularly stolen ones, have serious problems upon dismounting - dismount a stolen horse and it can shoot hundreds of feet away instantly.
* Random dialog lines from NPC's are frequently spoken by any NPC's while you are in the middle of conversations and at an audio level as loud as the NPC you are talking to - they often drown eachother out and make it confusing to listen to anything being said.
* Talking to a fist-fight opponent immediately after the fight (while they are still kneeling) sometimes causes dialog problems.
* If you ask a companion to leave, it occasionally doesn't flag your character as having "no companion" - and trying to get a new companion (or even the same one that left you) fails, as you are told you already have a companion.
* Companions can sometimes get stuck in certain positions, eg the death/lying down position - but continue to follow you around. So you can have what looks like a snake-person sliding around following you everywhere.
* Companions don't always enter through the same door - eg you can enter a large fort that has two entrances, and your companion will zone in through the back door and aggro half the fort for you.
* Companions (and other NPC's following you) can stand in the doorway of a small room you entered and block you in the room - sometimes you can get the NPC to move if you run around the edges of the room, but not always. You should be able to push your own companions/followers out of the way by running into them.
* Companions sometimes get stuck at certain stages in dungeons, and instead of continuing to follow you, will run back to the start/get stuck in a certain part, as if there are pathing issues (and you'll have to finish the dungeon alone).
* Companions can charge towards any nearby enemies even while you are sneaking and trying to be stealthy.
* Companion gear resets if you ask them to "part company" then ask them to rejoin - eg if you kit Lydia out in full Orcish armour, remove all the steel armour from her, ask her to part ways then to rejoin you - she'll suddenly have all her steel armour again and be wearing it (Orcish armour will still be on her, but you'll have to sort all her equipment out again).
* Companions can often comment on cave discoveries (eg "This might have some treasure in" type lines) when you exit the dungeon, rather than when you first approach it - they were too far from you when you ran towards the entrance and first entered it?
* Companions in a fight will continue attacking guards after you sheathe weapons, making it hard/impossible to yield to guards.
* Are Companion equipment sets getting "merged" - or do all Companions have Faendal's bow? For example if you hire Faendal as a companion, then let him go - every future companion seems to have and almost exclusively use Faendal's bow too.
* Faendal takes gold for teaching you archery, but if he is your companion you can immediately take that gold back from him - essentially a free 5 archery every single level.
* Barbos (the dog companion) pushes you around while trying to follow you - probably as it's followpoint distance is the same as other humanoid companions (despite the dog being "longer").
* The skeleton that comes to life in the "above ground tomb" near the Sightless Pit (close to Winterhold), spawns an infinite number of "The Doors of Oblivion" books - just loot one, close then re-open the loot window, and another book is there.
* "Bounty Hunter" NPC's that hunt you down if you have a high bounty, the dialog option to pay off your bounty seems broken - they request 0 gold, and don't clear your bounty.
* Quest NPC's that the player must follow (eg the mage guild tour) will frequently interrupt their tour to greet the player - seems to be issues with not constantly being within a specific range of the NPC?
* Some story-based dialogs get stuck permanently on (they are always having the same specific conversation every time you see them), eg Ulfric talking with his housecarl, until you begin certain questlines.
* NPC's/Critters in fights can rarely seemingly "freeze" - not moving or fighting - if the player moves close enough they sometimes unfreeze and continue fighting.
* Smithing/enchanting/alchemy seem to be incredibly overpowered - make it too easy to get weapons and armour with ridiculously overpowered stats and abilities, seriously unbalancing the game.

Perks, Skills, Your Character & Your Items

* The heavy armour "weightless armour" perk constantly forgets itself, which causes your character to become overburdened until you flick your inventory on & off again.
* Smithing an iron dagger or hide bracers nets as much smithing exp as a set of Daedric armour - you can just spam single ingot & strap daggers all the way to 100.
* Arrows, ice shards etc. get stuck in your character seemingly forever, despite zone-loads, sleeping etc. - you can have giant ice-shards or arrows sticking out of your head forever.
* Other graphical effects can also get stuck on your character - eg if you get hit with frost or fire spells/effects, sometimes the graphical effect gets permanently stuck to your character even after the DOT/effect has worn off.
* Using a bow & arrow in third person crouched fires arrow from a point behind and below your character, so it can get stuck in objects or the floor depending what angle you fire at, rather than firing from where your bow actually is.
* Wearing a hood and a mask at the same time causes your character's head to turn invisible.
* Wearing Arch Mage Robes and Thalmar Boots causes your character's calves to turn invisible.
* Certain hood/mask combos allow you to wear the equivalent of 2 helmets/2 masks at once (some sort of slotting/slot number issue relating to helmets being considered different to masks on some items but not all?).
* The "Aura whisper" shout seems to give your character unnatural, brightly glowing eyes, with no way to remove them.
* "Quick Reflexes" sometimes gets "stuck" on - slowing time and giving you "super powers" for minutes or even indefinitely.
* If time is slowed when the player kills a dragon (or if slow time was used at all during the fight?), the dragon corpse seems to "break" and doesn't grant the player a dragon soul.
* Some save-games are randomly disappearing - restoring backups can fix this, appears to be some problem in the save-function that crash that function and cause corrupt/no saves?
* Sometimes the game thinks all your save-games are "corrupt" - but, depending on the cause, this can be fixed by starting a *NEW* game, going through the carriage ride, then loading the old game from within a new-game (if this fails, try restoring the auto-backed-up saves first then going through this new game process).
* The knock-down effect of shield-charge sometimes stops working, seemingly at random.
* At times, the player can no longer get rested/well-rested buffs (despite having no diseases, and not being a werewolf or vampire) - is this impacted by changing stone-signs?
* Custom named weapons default to their base name if you get disarmed with them... likewise if you custom name three similar items (same base/same enchants) with completely different unique names, and drop them all - their names get "merged" - the game seems incapable of keeping track of unique item names the moment the item is no longer on your character.
* Total charges/prices of enchanted items are sometimes loss when changing cells/loading new cells (possibly related to the above when you have more than one item of a similar base type but different enchant/charge quantities?).
* Dropping a soul gem you filled onto the floor can empty the soul gem.
* Even after curing yourself of being a werewolf, NPCs will still make comments about you having "hair growing from your ears" - a certain werewolf related flag is not being cleared?
* Other illnesses have the same "stuck on" problem as above - eg NPC's may comment on you looking sickly even after curing a disease.
* The "Matching Set" bonus for Ebony armour-sets is broken.
* Your reticle sometimes displays incorrectly if you, for example, are sneaking, and quickload a save where you are not sneaking - the "character state" is merging/confusing the reticle system.
* Stormcall shout - is it meant to have such a huge area, and hit everything including neutral NPC's, friendly NPC's, companions and even your own horse? It makes the call unusable in many/most situations.
* If you are over-encumbered, you cannot move at all if you are in 3rd person view (but can move slowly in 1st person view).
* You can have infinite magika by removing and then re-equipping an item that has fortify magika - drain all your mana, then use your favourites/quick bar to remove and re-equip the item that had fortify magika, you'll instantly get however much magika that item fortifies you by given to you. (probably works with health and other similar items if you remove and then re-equip them).
* "Blessing of Talos" states that time between shouts is reduce by 0% (zero percent).
* "Ring of Minor Wielding" lists it's active effects twice.
* Changing to "beast form" sometimes gets confused - you visually change, but get no benefits of beast form, and you are automatically equipped with (random?) weapons/spells you have - but are unable to use them properly due to being in beastform.
* It's possible for non-equippable items to get stuck in your inventory and be listed as equipped (known to happen with a garnet) - you can sell it, but it remains listed in your inventory, so you can sell it over and over for unlimited gold etc.
* Studded Imperial Armor has the same armour rating as Imperial Light Armour (should be higher?), and cannot be upgraded (studded armour can, and imperial armour can, but not Studded Imperial Armor).
* "Blade of Woe" can be upgraded (with the necessary Smithing perk) without requiring any materials at all. (possibly true of certain other unique enchanted items too).
* Destruction magic damage doesn't scale well - eg at level 50, your destruction spells can be doing next to nothing, whereas a melee/bow character will find their damage has scaled incredibly.
* Bounties don't always seem to clear even after "paying them off" - seems to be random (random locations/times/situations?) whether paying it off actually clears it.
* You can jump just as high when encumbered, despite not being able to run - surely jump height should be at best half-normal height when encumbered, at worst unable to jump at all?

Environment/Furniture/Interactable Items

* The bookshelf is difficult to fill the bottom/middle shelf with books if you fill the top shelf first (and sometimes leaving the house and coming back later causes the bookshelf to appear empty visually, while still containing the books).
* Buying all furniture for your Whiterun home breaks the ownership of the "guest bed" - eg Lydia will no longer sleep anywhere.
* Items don't always stay where you last moved them in cells (particularly important for your own house) - they tend to stick to where they were when you first dropped them/they first appeared in the cell - they will revert to this position if you leave then re-enter the cell (rather than remembering the position you last moved them to).
* Some torches on walls, that look identical to any other torch-on-a-wall, are not interactable (cannot be taken or turned off) - eg some/all torches in Pinewatch.
* The small wooden handcarts dotted around, that often have items in the back of them (there is one in the tutorial/intro cave just before the bear), seem to be as light as feathers despite being quite large wooden items - nudging them just slightly can send them flinging off into the distance as if you had just shot them with an RPG.

Terrain/Areas/Locations
* Certain areas seem to have their own CTD issues relating to objects/creatures being spawned half-way into walls and floors or something.
* Bonechill passage will cause a CTD almost guaranteed after moving beyond the first chamber and heading to the 2nd/final chamber - however playing in windowed mode appears to fix this?
* Pelagius Wing of the Blue Palace causes CTD's/game freeze just after walking through the cobwebs (not every time, but fairly common).
* Wolfskull Caves appears to have a large area of missing texture/missing objects (can see through into a "graphical void")
* Ironback Hideout has no bedrolls/anything under the tents (it clearly should have - there are no beds anywhere for the NPCs to use, every other similar location has).
* Walking around certain parts of Morthal can cause your character to warp and become stuck above the hall of the vigilant, with no way to continue except to reload a previous save.
* The elevator door out of Alfland can break (no longer possible to open/interact with) after leaving the dungeon (need to fast travel to exit, and can no longer re-enter?).

Quests
* There are many items flagged as quest-items that remain flagged even after completing the Quest, and some weigh lots (eg 20lb for a main questline item), and can never be removed dropped or sold, causing a permanent loss to your total carry capacity.
* Quest-items sometimes become invisible in any and all item lists (containers, your own character etc.) - they simply will not show in any lists, which can break many quests where you have to loot a specific quest item etc.
* Sometimes the main-questline when your character first talks to the monks and is meant to extend unrelenting force abilities, the monks actually do not transfer any ability to you at all and the questline is stuck from that point - a reload and trying again can sometimes randomly fix this (seems linked to the function that lets you absorb shouts and souls from dragons/dragon walls - this sometimes doesn't trigger elsewhere in the game, but particularly on this quest from the monks).
* "A Cornered Rat" - When the NPC "lets you in to talk" - he sometimes doesn't actually let the player in, just closes his hatch and nothing else happens - the quest is permanently stuck then.
* "Loud and Clear" - you can finish this quest but not be given and have no opportunity to receive any followup quests at all.
* "Blood On The Ice" - the graveyard scene sometimes fails to load, causing the quest to get stuck.
* "Blood On The Ice" - if you have the court mage arrested, the quest simple ends prematurely - you are stuck with the amulet, Corlixto's Treasure shop is permanently closed, it feels like a major part of scripting is missing/broken.
* "Gauldur Amulet" - starting this questline/being at a certain stage on this questline can cause a CTD every time you attempt to enter Whiterun, making Whiterun inaccessible.
* "Forsworn Conspiracy" - quest can break if you pickpocket the note during the escape - the quest then updates telling you to check the body, but as you already have the note, you cannot trigger the quest to continue.
* "Markarth Conspiracy"/"The Forsworn Conspiracy" - the guards that arrest you never leave the shrine - you can be arrested, sent to the mines, complete that stage of the quest - but re-enter the shrine and the guards are still there and the whole process repeats, over and over.
* Winterhold College Quest sometimes breaks when you should be starting "Containment" - the necessary triggers simply fail to activate.
* "Blessings of Nature" - the old tree will remain in place with the new sapling growing inside.
* "Battle for Fort Hraggstad" doesn't always allow you to continue to "Battle for Solitude" - it just ends the questline with no way to continue the quests.
* "Season Unending" making a truce can get stuck - Ulfric won't talk to you - possibly he is getting stuck stuck with the joining the stormcloaks quest instead (even if you don't intent to ever join the stormcloaks).
* "Brelyna's Practice" - when Brelyna asks to practise on you, the quest can get stuck at the point where you are supposed to wait for the effect to wear off (no effect listed in active effects, no amount of waiting/zone loading moves the quest forward).
* "Under Saarthal" - casting a fire based spell at the wall can cause a game freeze for some users (frost based spell apparently works fine). Other people have reported that no amount of spellcasting affects the wall at all, other that dual-casting is the only way to fix it.
* "Sentenced to Death" - you can get the dialog for the various "victims" by talking to them, before actually being told by Muiri who the victims are.
* "Purity of Revenge" quest cannot ever be started, if you were on the "Helm of Winterhold" at the time that you should have received the Purity quest (relating to the boss NPC already being killed?).
* "Speaking With Silence" - after meeting Mercer at the catacombs entrance, sometimes the quest gets stuck - you cannot enter without a key, and Mercer does nothing but stand there.
* "Collect bounty from Skald" for Dawnstar bounty quest doesn't seem to update/clear.
* "The Legend of Red Eagle" seems to be (unintentionally) repeatable, if you read the book again after completing.
* "Repairing the Phial" doesn't update after collecting a Briar Heart (even if you collect one AFTER receiving the quest).
* "Battle for Whiterun" - sometimes it's impossible to accept the Jarl's surrender, the dialog simply loops indefinitely, with Vingar Grey Mane standing at the door unmoving - fast travelling at this point fails the quest.
* "Animal Extermination" style quests from the Companions, don't auto-unlock the houses the player is supposed to be entering to complete them, so the player is forced to be a criminal unless they attend the house at certain unspecified times.
* After the companions funeral, the game sometimes gets stuck - everybody remains in a state of mourning, no further quests are received, and any NPC at the funeral cannot be interacted with properly any more (eg Warmaiden shopkeeper).
* Karliah can be asked about the Agents of Stealth, Sabotage, and Strife before entering the twilight sepulcher.
* Performing the optional stage during Muiri's Brotherhood quest BEFORE killing the primary target causes the compass quest marker to vanish.
* "Return to the Jarl of Riften" doesn't appear to progress - questline just gets stuck at that point.
* Heavily scripted events struggle when the player doesn't "do as expected" - eg the very first intro escaping quest, if the player runs up to Alduin and jumps around, Alduin and all other NPC's will just stand around doing nothing, until the player walks to the next trigger point. Or if you run too fast in the intro dungeon, Ralof will stop and stand still rather than run to keep up with you - you have to run BACK to him before he continues on - you have to stay within a set radius for him to keep going.
* Faralda's entrance test quest for the Mage's guild sometimes gets stuck - the player is unable to cast a spell or continue past that point after buying a spell from Faralda.
* Sometimes after defeating Alduin, Alduin simply respawns, over and over.
* Various "becoming the thane" quests remain in the quest log even after becoming thane/completing all quests in an area.
* A number of bounty quests don't seem to spawn the bandit leaders correctly or at all (sometimes only the leader with no helpers, other times only the helpers with no leader).
* Mirabelle's Tour can be interrupted by a random encounter (eg a dragon) - and if Mirabelle is interrupted mid-tour, she will never complete the tour.
* The Bard's Quest can become stuck if you have already picked any of the needed instruments up before receiving the quest (game does not acknowledge that you already have the items).
* Disrupt the Skooma operation quest breaks if you have already cleared that dungeon before receiving the quest.
* An unknown quest in Winterhold, regarding an NPC girl "Isabelle Ronaila", does not get listed anywhere in the journal, making it hard/impossible to complete the quest.
* Completing quest-lines for Companions, Thieves Guild, other major areas etc. appears to have no benefits - re-entering the Thieves Guild, Companion Halls etc. you still get passing comments as if you have just been dragged up from the gutters and are a nobody - is this because of further quests not appearing, variables not being flagged, or is there simply no dialog lines/scripted events to occur once you have achieved "great deeds" for these guilds?
* The "fortify" buffs you get on a particular mage guild quest can sometimes get stuck on your character, giving you the equivalent of permanent, infinite magika.

I'll leave this out of the block of text in the spoiler tag, because I think this is the most important one:

* Generally doing anything (killing NPC's, clearing dungeons, finding items) that are required for a quest, BEFORE you ever see/receive that quest, breaks the quest. Quests all need to re-check for triggers having already been achieved the moment you accept them. This is a shame, as it goes against the very spirit of TES games, which is to explore freely - instead, exploring freely is currently dangerous as it can break many things.

I did not realise this.. I've been questing for words of power half the time and wiped out alot of enemy encampments, I hope I haven't broke any quests for myself :(, this is a shocker.

Kreij

Senior Monkey Moderator
I did not realise this.. I've been questing for words of power half the time and wiped out alot of enemy encampments, I hope I haven't broke any quests for myself , this is a shocker.

This won't break the main quest, but yes, you could eliminate side quests if you kill the quest giver. It's a feature called "high replay value", and the reason the ES series consumes months of your life. :D

System Name ODIN
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite AX V2
Cooling Dark Rock 4
Memory G Skill RipjawsV F4 3600 Mhz C16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Ventus 3X OC LHR
Storage Crucial 2 TB M.2 SSD :: WD Blue M.2 1TB SSD :: 1 TB WD Black VelociRaptor
Display(s) Dell S2716DG 27" 144 Hz G-SYNC
Case Fractal Meshify C
Audio Device(s) Onboard Audio
Power Supply Antec HCP 850 80+ Gold
Mouse Corsair M65
Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB Lux
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Benchmark Scores I don't benchmark.
I did not realise this.. I've been questing for words of power half the time and wiped out alot of enemy encampments, I hope I haven't broke any quests for myself :(, this is a shocker.

BS. It doesn't break anything. I have done this several times. Either they just send you to a different location or you just go, "You mean this thing?" NPC, "Yes I see you have already been to *insert area here*, thanks."

Kreij

Senior Monkey Moderator
The game moves side quests if you kill the quest givers? That would be new to Skyrim as you could do that in Oblivion. It didn't break the game, just non-critical side quests.

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
i figured this belonged here for amusement value

they just couldnt see me, even with mere level 30 sneak

System Name THE CUBE 2.0
Processor Intel i5 13600k
Motherboard MSI MPG Z690 EDGE DDR4
Cooling Phanteks PH-TC14PE BK 2x T30-120 Fan mod mount
Memory G.Skill TridentZ 3200 MT/s C15 32GB 2x16GB
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Aorus 1080 Ti 11GB OC: Core 2GHz, Mem 5.7GHz
Storage WD SN770 250GB / 3x WD SN850X 2TB / Toshiba X300 4TB / 2x RAID1 Toshiba P300 3TB
Display(s) Samsung 49" Odyssey OLED G95SC 240Hz 5120 x 1440
Case "THE CUBE" Custom built, pure Red Alder wood
Audio Device(s) Beyerdynamic DT 880
Power Supply Corsair RM1000X
Mouse Logitech G700
Keyboard Logitech G910
Software Windows 11 Pro
can you find glass armor in game or do you have to smith it?
So far have found tons of elven, buncha dwarven, and 1 ebony shield.

Yes you can find it and buy it when you get the right level I think level 30? I'm level 33 and its been out for at least 1-2 levels

Finally come across one of the bugs in the game, a giant smashed me into the air.

System Name Darth Obsidious
Processor Intel i5 2500K
Motherboard ASUS P8Z68-V/Gen3
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212+ in Push Pull
Memory 2X4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) ASUS R9 270x TOP
Storage 128GB Samsung 830 SSD, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Green
Display(s) LG IPS234V-PN
Case Corsair Obsidian 650D
Audio Device(s) Infrasonic Quartet
Power Supply Corsair HX650w
Software Windows 7 64bit and Windows XP Home
Benchmark Scores 2cm mark on bench with a razor blade.
I have to say this game is really bugged with the quest side of things.
There has been three times where a character will not allow me to carry on to the next part of the quest, but repeat the same sentence over and over again.

The patch better resolve these issues because they are a serious problem.
A major part of the game is taking up a quest and completing it, then getting the rewards for it.

----

On a not so serious note where bugs can be funny.

Erm....where am I supposed to be searching this wolf?:wtf:

Kreij

Senior Monkey Moderator
Let's hope you have gloves on, Widj. lol

Processor i9 9900k
Case NZXT H710i Black
Keyboard Motospeed
Software Windows 10
Bethesda: Skyrim patch en route for week after Thanksgiving

Source

Earlier this week, Bethesda asked fans to be patient as it flushed bugs out of Skyrim and then smashed them with its giant, enchanted death hammer. I may be paraphrasing a little, but you get the point. So, just how patient will we need to be? Well, Bethesda’s Pete Hines has offered an answer.

“PS3 & 360 updates have been submitted for certification. PC coming too. Current estimate is they will be live the week after T’giving,” he tweeted.

So that’s a bit of a wait. In the meantime, has anybody in this fine audience encountered anything particularly game-breaking?

System Name Omen
Processor i7-4710HQ
Cooling Dual fan/heatpipe
Memory 16GB
Video Card(s) 4GB GTX 860M
Storage 256GB PCIE SSD/256GB PNY UHS-1 SD Card
Display(s) 15.6' 1080P
Case Aluminium
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Brick
Software Win 10
Some screenies from my laptop, max graphics, max ress no aa/af

Last edited:
System Name Bad Moon Ryzen
Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard Asrock B450M Pro4-F
Cooling Vetroo V5
Memory Crucial Ballistix 32Gb (8gb x 4) 3200 MHz DDR 4
Video Card(s) 6700 XT
Storage Samsung 860 Evo 1Tb, Samsung 860 Evo 500Gb,WD Black 8Tb, WD Blue 2Tb
Display(s) Gigabyte G24F-2 (180Hz Freesync) & 4K Samsung TV
Case Fractal Design Meshify 2 Compact w/Dark Tempered Glass
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply MSI MPG A850GF (850w)
VR HMD Rift S
Nice Lappy...better than alot of people's desktops on here :)

Last edited:
System Name Staggered
Processor Intel i5 6600k (XSPC Rasa)
Motherboard Gigabyte Z170 Gaming K3
Cooling RX360 (3*Scythe GT1850) + RX240 (2*Scythe GT1850) + Laing D5 Vario (with EK X-Top V2)
Memory 2*8gb Team Group Dark @3000Mhz 16-16-16-36 1.25v
Video Card(s) Inno3D GTX 1070 HerculeZ
Storage 256gb Samsung 830 + 2*1tB Samsung F3 + 2*2tB Samsung F4EG
Display(s) Flatron W3000H 2560*1600
Case Cooler Master ATCS 840 + 1*120 GT1850 (exhaust) + 1*230 Spectre Pro + Lamptron FC2 (fan controller)
Power Supply Enermax Revolution 85+ 1250W
Software Windows 10 Pro 64bit
If anyone currently has the Lost Apprentices miscellaneous objectives can you type showquesttargets into the console and post their quest IDs? I can't start these quests for some reason.

System Name ODIN
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite AX V2
Cooling Dark Rock 4
Memory G Skill RipjawsV F4 3600 Mhz C16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Ventus 3X OC LHR
Storage Crucial 2 TB M.2 SSD :: WD Blue M.2 1TB SSD :: 1 TB WD Black VelociRaptor
Display(s) Dell S2716DG 27" 144 Hz G-SYNC
Case Fractal Meshify C
Audio Device(s) Onboard Audio
Power Supply Antec HCP 850 80+ Gold
Mouse Corsair M65
Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB Lux
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Benchmark Scores I don't benchmark.
I have to say this game is really bugged with the quest side of things.
There has been three times where a character will not allow me to carry on to the next part of the quest, but repeat the same sentence over and over again.

The patch better resolve these issues because they are a serious problem.
A major part of the game is taking up a quest and completing it, then getting the rewards for it.

----

On a not so serious note where bugs can be funny.
http://img.techpowerup.org/111119/Search Wolf.jpg
Erm....where am I supposed to be searching this wolf?:wtf:

I have a quest I can never complete. The guy I was suppose to report back to about some information I got for him. Why, cause he was a thief and a Talos worshiper. When I came back to his house, I found his dead body, two local guards, and an Imperial soldier. I don't know why they killed him, but that was the end of that quest. lol

Kreij

Senior Monkey Moderator
If someone wants to start, and update, a Skyrim mods thread so we have them all in one place, I'm good with that. :)

Wrigleyvillain

PTFO or GTFO
System Name DarkStar
Processor i5 3570K 4.4Ghz
Motherboard Asrock Z77 Extreme 3
Cooling Apogee HD White/XSPC Razer blocks
Memory 8GB Samsung Green 1600
Video Card(s) 2 x GTX 670 4GB
Storage 2 x 120GB Samsung 830
Display(s) 27" QNIX
Case Enthoo Pro
Power Supply Seasonic Platinum 760
Mouse Steelseries Sensei
Keyboard Ducky Pro MX Black
Software Windows 8.1 x64
BS. It doesn't break anything. I have done this several times. Either they just send you to a different location or you just go, "You mean this thing?" NPC, "Yes I see you have already been to *insert area here*, thanks."

Well good. That is the way it's supposed to be though bugs and other shit could get in the way. Just to be extra safe in this regard, while I have discovered probably 50 random places I have cleared less than five. Still perfectly happy exploring anyway. In some cases, a quest item will not appear in a place until you get the quest. I was sent back later to a dungeon I had decided to clear without a quest to do so and found the quest item in chest where it apparently was not before (the rest of the dungeon was still looted and the bandit corpses still on the ground). However, in one other instance I did find a quest item in a shipwreck that I had not learned about yet (and it won't let me drop it now of course so I guess I carry it around until it's asked for.)

So as such I really haven't found many good items yet. Cost me a lot of cash in ingots and such to make my Dwarven armor. Oh well like in all TES games soon enough Ill have way more gold than I can use anyway.

Oh I also heard that when you enter a place the enemies in there "freeze" at their present level/strength until you take them out regardless of how much and in what ways your character improves. So if you get owned just go back later.

If someone wants to start, and update, a Skyrim mods thread so we have them all in one place, I'm good with that. :)

I have been thinking about it actually. Kurgan you want to help?

Last edited: