• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

SteelSeries Introduces Limited Edition Fnatic Headset and Mouse

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
As Dreamhack Winter, the world's largest digital festival and LAN party kicks off, SteelSeries and one of the most recognized and accomplish gaming teams, Team Fnatic, introduce the SteelSeries 7H Fnatic Limited Edition headset and SteelSeries Sensei Fnatic Limited Edition mouse. Available now on SteelSeries Web Shop, the Limited Edition 7H headset features 50mm dynamic driver units with new, sound isolating SNDBlock ear cushions; while the Limited Edition Sensei features award-winning technology like its 32 bit ARM processor that powers SteelSeries' ExactTech settings and customization abilities, all of which are housed in an ambidextrous, black, orange and white Fnatic color design and illuminated Fnatic team logo.

"We sponsor and work with a number of incredibly talented professional players and are proud to say that the Fnatic team is part of that family," said Kim Rom, SteelSeries CMO. "We have been supporters and collaborators with, as well as fans of, the talent that makes up the Fnatic squad for a long time now. We felt that it was the perfect time to introduce co-branded peripherals - that their players helped us design, regularly use and win with - to their immense and passionate fan following."

"Our players have tough competition; they need everything to work to become champions, from their raw aim or APM right up to the equipment. Because of this, we work closely with SteelSeries to collaborate on the design and functionality of SteelSeries' professional gaming peripherals. We are so proud of what has been accomplished that we thought it was about time to put our mark -visibly - on those products" said Sam Mathews, Fnatic's owner. "Enter the Fnatic Limited Edition peripherals, on the best headphones and mouse we've ever used, 7H and Sensei - now with more style."

Limited Edition Fnatic 7H
The SteelSeries 7H Fnatic Limited Edition headset features 50 mm dynamic driver units that deliver an exceptionally rich and detailed soundscape, from mood setting music to critical 3D positional sounds and alerts. The closed-type headset reduces ambient noise, while the unique, SNDBlock, hybrid ear cushions made of both cloth and leather, provide sound isolation from an inner leather layer and comfort from the outer cloth layer. The headset can also be dismantled into 4 separate pieces, which allows for compact and easy transportation. The Limited Edition Fnatic headset is $139.99 / €114.99 MSRP.

Limited Edition Fnatic Sensei
The most customizable mouse to ever hit the competitive gaming industry, the SteelSeries Sensei, is now available in a Limited Edition Fnatic design transforming to an orange, black, and white ambidextrous force to be reckoned with and three zones of 16.8 million color illumination options, including on the Fnatic logo. Its 32 bit ARM processor powers sophisticated calculations that can be done directly on the mouse - without the need for software drivers and without having to rely on the user's computer. Sensitivity settings can be changed in increments of one from 1 to 5,700 CPI, and an "overclocked" Double CPI feature that allows the user to go all the way up to 11,400 DCPI. The Limited Edition Fnatic mouse is $99.99 / €99.99 MSRP.

For more information, visit the product pages of Fnatic 7H and Fnatic Sensei.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Processor 8700k Intel
Motherboard z370 MSI Godlike Gaming
Cooling Triple Aquacomputer AMS Copper 840 with D5
Memory TridentZ RGB G.Skill C16 3600MHz
Video Card(s) GTX 1080 Ti
Storage Crucial MX SSDs
Display(s) Dell U3011 2560x1600 + Dell 2408WFP 1200x1920 (Portrait)
Case Core P5 Thermaltake
Audio Device(s) Essence STX
Power Supply AX 1500i
Mouse Logitech
Keyboard Corsair
Software Win10
The earpads seem uncomfortable, I'm just saying this by looking at them so I may be wrong :)
I like the color though :D

The amount of branded products I feel like I'm seeing from Steelseries makes me worry what I'd catch if I used their mice...

On the other hand, the mouse almost looks nice enough to warrant their sleeping around in this instance.

Processor intel i7 4770k @ 4.6ghz
Motherboard asus maximus vi hero
Cooling noctua nh d14
Memory 16gb gskill 2400 mhz
Video Card(s) MSI gtx 780ti
Storage 512gb samsung 840 pro + 2x 1tb WD caviar black sata 3
Display(s) 3x Benq XL2720Z 144hz surround
Case cooler master storm stryker
Audio Device(s) asus xonar dx
Power Supply corsair ax1200
Software windows 7 ultimate 64 bit
actually the earpads are comfortable, at least on the regular 7Hs USB.

System Name Old Skool
Processor E6750 @ 3.6 ghz
Motherboard GA P35 DS3L
Cooling Xigmatek Dark Knight S1283v
Memory 4gb Kingston DDR2 @ 900mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 9800GT 512MB
Storage SAMSUNG 320gb
Display(s) VIEWSONIC vx2260wm
Case HAF 922
Audio Device(s) Realtek (on board) + Logitech x540
Power Supply CM 550w
Software W7 Ultimate 64
That mouse color is asking for rabbies. White (color) with hands (either dirty or clean) combination is asking for it.

Processor Intel i7 4790K
Motherboard Asus Z97 Deluxe
Cooling Thermalright Ultra Extreme 120
Memory Corsair Dominator 1866Mhz 4X4GB
Video Card(s) Asus R290X
Storage Samsung 850 Pro SSD 256GB/Samsung 840 Evo SSD 1TB
Display(s) Samsung S23A950D
Case Corsair 850D
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek
Power Supply Corsair AX850
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G710+
Software Windows 10 x64
The mouse looks mechanically the same as the sensei, which is a great mouse.

They do like recycling, really..

Most of their products is crap. Only thing worth mentioning is probably 7G and 6GV2 (which is pretty much same) and probably just because its re-brand.

I have 7G and its very good keyboard (except bit too bright LEDs). I had Xai.. and its seriously flawed mouse. G9x with same sensor is like different dimension (still have both, havent managed yet to sell that stupid Xai after third RMA).

Yea and mouse pads, to be more specific Experience pad (know better as Icemat) is pretty good.

For headphones, go with Sennheiser or another good company which produce headphones. Mouse today is more like "Logitech or nothing". Some Razers work.. sometimes.

Keyboard, any decent mechanical does good.

Mousepad, whatever suits you.. I have Puretrak Stealth, pretty decent, tho there are probably better (Roccat comes to my mind).

J

John Doe

Kone? Naos?

Kone has the Avago 9500 with acceleration issues, and the Naos, AFAIK, has that old low-power sensor used in A4 X7... the G400 and MX518 today are two of the top end mice that're still available. They have an accurate optical sensor and a solid built that lasts for years. So yeah, he's right from this standpoint.

Kone has the Avago 9500 with acceleration issues, and the Naos, AFAIK, has that old low-power sensor used in A4 X7... the G400 and MX518 today are two of the top end mice that're still available. They have an accurate optical sensor and a solid built that lasts for years. So yeah, he's right from this standpoint.

Avago 9500 is actually usable, in case of G9x, otherwise big NO. And its just "usable", not perfect. I think that good old MX518 is still pretty good mice, or old version of DeathAdder. Razer has issues (Z-tracking thx to Phillips), but its definetly more accurate and way more pleasant to handle than most things from Avago.

Tho really good technology is Dark Field, gaming mouse based on that would be killer..

Kone was fine, but not that new one. Mionix Naos 5000 is just generic mouse with same sensor (there are at least two others which are basically same mouse, just different outer shell and slightly modified SW), none of them particulary good.

J

John Doe

Avago 9500 is actually usable, in case of G9x, otherwise big NO. And its just "usable", not perfect. I think that good old MX518 is still pretty good mice, or old version of DeathAdder. Razer has issues (Z-tracking thx to Phillips), but its definetly more accurate and way more pleasant to handle than most things from Avago.

Yeah, Sensei is a good mouse if you don't mind acceleration. Both the MX518 and the DA 3G are still some of the best mice, yep. The new 3.5 sensor has a higher lift-off with worse tracking as well.

Kone was fine, but not that new one. Mionix Naos 5000 is just generic mouse with same sensor (there are at least two others which are basically same mouse, just different outer shell and slightly modified SW), none of them particulary good.

I know, they screwed it up. As for Naos, IIRC, OCZ Equalizer, A4 X7, Sharkoon Fireglider... all the same stuff. Crappy sensor, crap ergonomics. Cheap mice.

Processor Intel i7 4790K
Motherboard Asus Z97 Deluxe
Cooling Thermalright Ultra Extreme 120
Memory Corsair Dominator 1866Mhz 4X4GB
Video Card(s) Asus R290X
Storage Samsung 850 Pro SSD 256GB/Samsung 840 Evo SSD 1TB
Display(s) Samsung S23A950D
Case Corsair 850D
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek
Power Supply Corsair AX850
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G710+
Software Windows 10 x64
Kone? Naos?

I had the Kone+ and it was a disaster, changing settings in the drivers was slow, the scroll wheel went sloppy and it started to wear after a couple of months.

Generally most of the high DPI mice are crap I agree, they all have acceleration problems but most of logitechs are crap too. The G500 was a pile a junk with the worst sensor ever but the MX518 or G400 or IME 3 are reliable and reasonably priced.

I'm pretty happy with the Sensei so far, havent had any acceleration issues and you can uninstall the software and run your settings in hardware on the mouse. It feels very solid and responsive.

Yeah, Sensei is a good mouse if you don't mind acceleration. Both the MX518 and the DA 3G are still some of the best mice, yep. The new 3.5 sensor has a higher lift-off with worse tracking as well.

I know, they screwed it up. As for Naos, IIRC, OCZ Equalizer, A4 X7, Sharkoon Fireglider... all the same stuff. Crappy sensor, crap ergonomics. Cheap mice.

First of all the Mionix Naos uses a Avago 9500-series sensor just like the Xai, Sensei, Kone+. OCZ mice at A4tech rebrands so of course they have the same ill performing sensor.

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Mionix/Naos_5000/

The negative acceleration issue is completely avoidable on the Avago 9500 series sensor by using the highest DPI setting and or getting a proper mouse mat. The surface structure is the root of the issue.

Old school optical mice like the IME 3.0 / 1.1 / MX518 / MX510 etc. all provide more than enough DPI for normal gaming and perform better than most $65 mice if setup properly with 1000 Hz polling rate and sensitivity scaling. But with those your choice of surface will be even more limited.

J

John Doe

The negative acceleration issue is completely avoidable on the Avago 9500 series sensor by using the highest DPI setting and or getting a proper mouse mat. The surface structure is the root of the issue.

Old school optical mice like the IME 3.0 / 1.1 / MX518 / MX510 etc. all provide more than enough DPI for normal gaming and perform better than most $65 mice if setup properly with 1000 Hz polling rate and sensitivity scaling. But with those your choice of surface will be even more limited.

Actually, negative acceleration on the 9500 isn't "completely" avoidable. Yes, avoidable but partly. Skylit over OCN struggled with a Sensei till he gave up and threw it away.

And yeah, I agree on old school mice. I go by modern mouse myself though. Couldn't get used to the plastic of MS 3.0. I'm on an optical Ikari right now and find it to be better than my DA 3G as well. Ergonomics are great as well as control. Probably the best mice I've handled yet. It's costy and getting hard to find now though. ;)