• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NSS Labs Accuses Google of Undertaking Campaign to Knock Firefox Off The Market

Processor Intel i5 12600KF
Motherboard MSI PRO Z690-P DDR4, Socket 1700
Cooling MSI Ventus AIO
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 32GB, DDR4, 3200MHz
Video Card(s) MSI VentusRTX 3060 12Gb
Storage XPS 1TB | 2x Kingston 2TB Sata | Sinology 4TB (Raid1) |
Display(s) 24" Dell U2417H
Case Msi Mpg Odin
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC887 + Microlab Solo 6C
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME TX-750, 80
Mouse Razer
Keyboard Razer
Software Windows 10 x64
wish more people would care about browser wars.

If that were hypothetically so Opera would have more users. If people cared about browser performance and all that.
When Chrome launched it was all about "Google's new kid on the block" the name sold more than what was under the hood. Admit it people.

Don't get me wrong, Chrome can be quite snappy, I'm just saying people cant always tell super fast from fast so they go with their favs. I think Chrome's UI is extremely limited, for productivity It's a no go, Firefox wins this round running circles against it.

I use Opera for 90% of my needs, best interface ergonomics hand down, blitz fast too. Only certain 3rd party Firefox plugins manage to rob it of it's productivity crown, plugins like FoxyProxy, AutoFormer 2 and a few others. And that's only because FF is popular and has more 3rd party content.

Last edited:
Processor Intel i7-10700k
Motherboard Gigabyte Aurorus Ultra z490
Cooling Corsair H100i RGB
Memory 32GB (4x8GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3200MHz
Video Card(s) MSI Gaming Trio X 3070 LHR
Display(s) ASUS MG278Q / AOC G2590FX
Case Corsair X4000 iCue
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair RM650x 650W Fully Modular
Software Windows 10
Firefox 8 = 1 Advisory with 1 Vulnerability Unpatched
Chrome 16 = 0 Advisories with 0 Vulnerabilities Reported
Firefox 7 = 4 Advisories with 17 Vulnerabilities All Unpatched
Chrome 15 = 4 Advisories with 36 Vulnerabilities 75% of them Patched

Notice the only one that reached higher than 1 bar on the security scale was Firefox. Also notice how they didn't even bother to fix any security issues with Firefox 7 while Google fixed several with Chrome. Firefox 8 and Chrome 16 are too new to really use as a gauge, so using the older versions gives a better picture, and I would say Chrome is more secure.

I also find it ironic that anyone that would have the balls to actually say IE8 was the safest(AKA Most Secure) browser would have the balls to talk about anyone else's finding as being fud...

NSS has to have the biggest pair of solid brass balls on the planet to say IE8 is the safest browser, then try to say a competitor's finds are BS!:laugh:

This is just a classic case of the Pot calling the Kettle black...

This is basically all that needs to be said. That and every time security experts get together for events like Pwn2Own, Chrome takes a day or two to crack and FF\IE\Safari take several SECONDS.