• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

e-mu0404 soundcard issue

I picked up a e-mu 0404 pci-e x1 used on Ebay to use in a home studio PC. The system specs are.
msi nf725gm-p43[ open box]
pIIx3(unlocked to x4)
8gb Gskills ddr3
onboard GFX
win7 x64
this comps been crashing while trying to record[will pass occt for over a hour run] it seems fine even while recording a dead input but a signal will bring it down. I noticed it has three leds on the bottom back of the card to the right of the slot, two are green and one orange. I have a feeling there trying to tell me something:confused:. I've watch them while booting and the orange one in the middle lights at power on, the green to the right lighting at post and the one to the left coming on with the windows screen. I recall some of my vid cards having the same light but can't remember what colors the where,Just seems like greens for go. Also the card gets hot right by the pci-e slot to hot to keep you finger on hot:twitch:. Any one have this card or know what the light mean? I really don't want to test the card in my other systems[setups not to easy to change around] if it's junk.

figured it out bad MOBO:D which me happy[lesser of two evils] because newegg will take it back. The pci-e x1 slot has no power on the 12v rails,tested with multimeter. I think this may be by design as a few cheap NV base boards I have wouldn't run a x1 vid card ether. Had to tear down my kids PC to test the card and all is good :rockout:. As for the leds they do light in a different order now and I did hold down the switch,not sure it did a thing though.