• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

John Browett Joins Apple as Senior Vice President of Retail

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Apple today announced that John Browett will join the company as senior vice president of Retail, reporting to Apple CEO Tim Cook. Browett comes to Apple from European technology retailer Dixons Retail, where he has been CEO since 2007. Beginning in April, he will be responsible for Apple's retail strategy and the continued expansion of Apple retail stores around the world.

"Our retail stores are all about customer service, and John shares that commitment like no one else we've met," said Tim Cook, Apple's CEO. "We are thrilled to have him join our team and bring his incredible retail experience to Apple."

Prior to joining Dixons Retail, Browett held a series of executive positions at Tesco plc including CEO of Tesco.com. Earlier in his career he advised retail and consumer goods clients at Boston Consulting Group. He holds a degree in Natural Sciences from Cambridge University and an MBA from Wharton Business School.

Apple designs Macs, the best personal computers in the world, along with OS X, iLife, iWork and professional software. Apple leads the digital music revolution with its iPods and iTunes online store. Apple has reinvented the mobile phone with its revolutionary iPhone and App Store, and is defining the future of mobile media and computing devices with iPad.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Marv

Processor i5 2500k @ 4.5GHz
Motherboard Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z
Cooling Custom Watercooling
Memory Corsair 8GB XMS3 1600MHz CAS9
Video Card(s) VTX3D HD7970 @1250MHz/1450MHz
Storage Crucial C300 64GB, Kingston SSDNow 128GB, Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB
Display(s) Dell 3007WFP-HC, Dell 2001FP
Case Lan Gear Da Box 100
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar Xense
Power Supply Silverstone Strider 750W Gold
Software Windows 7 64-bit
Interesting how Apple have appointed the head of Dixons retail - a company famed for shoddy customer service, flogging insurance and deliberately misleading people into buying the wrong things for their needs. Not making a slight against Apple there, just surprised at who they think will best represent their retail branding and sales...

Also, I like the modesty in Apple's press releases "Apple designs Macs, the best personal computers in the world" - not to me, a lack of gaming potential means they're pretty damn worthless to me, far from "the best" - best is a subjective term, and it annoys me how companies aggressively assert opinions on the masses. Most marketing is careful to say "among the best," but that's not Apple's style I guess.