• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Intel Licensing Artimedia's Video Advertising Technology

Singapore-based company Artivision Technologies has announced that its wholly-owned subsidiary ArtiMedia Pte signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with chip titan Intel Corp. This MOU will allow Artimedia's front-end in-video advertising platform and back-end advertisement serving technology to be incorporated into Intel's Software Development Kit (SDK) that has Intel's "Wi-Fi Direct" technology (Wi-Fi Direct enables mobile and other devices to connect directly with each other and to transfer and share content like images, pictures and videos).

A definitive agreement between Intel and Artimedia is expected to be inked once "the first working SDK with Artimedia's front-end and back-end technology is deployed on a demo mobile device." The final agreement will cover the license fee per installation in each Intel platform, an equally-split revenue sharing model and a non-competition commitment. Moreover, Intel Capital will be given the first opportunity to invest in Artimedia.

"This is a great opportunity for Artimedia to distribute our state-of-the-art video technology and to reach the mass market," says Dr Ofer Miller, Chief Technology Officer of Artivision and Chief Executive Officer of Artimedia. "Artimedia's front-end technology intelligently analyses the video stream in order to place unique non-intrusive ads onto the online video content. The back-end technology will be used as an open platform for advertisers to place images, pictures and videos onto any devices while using Intel's "Wi-Fi Direct" technology."

The MOU will automatically expire in four months from the signing date (Feburary 1st), unless extended mutually in writing.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

D

Deleted member 67555

So this would basically make it easy for companies to put adds on "face time" LOL
No fracking way!! LuLzzz..

Who the hell would want that?...

System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Memory 64 GB DDR5 6400Mhz
Video Card(s) 7900XTX 310 Merc
Storage Samsung 990 2TB, 2 SP 2TB SSDs and over 10TB spinning
Display(s) 56" Samsung 4K HDR
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
Benchmark Scores Its fast. Enough.
Intel just got some video software licansed if i remeber. I see it now, your home videos, brought to you tonight by intel®, ohh it looks like you mr hardware is over 1 generation old, how about we make that stutter for you and play you a couple ads.

System Name Aluminum Mallard
Processor Ryzen 1900x
Motherboard AsRock Phantom 6
Cooling AIO
Memory 32GB
Video Card(s) EVGA 3080Ti FTW
Storage SSD
Display(s) Benq Zowie
Case Cosmos 1000
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply Corsair CX750
VR HMD HTV Vive, Valve Index
Software Arch Linux
Benchmark Scores 31 FPS in Dalaran
Intel just got some video software licansed if i remeber. I see it now, your home videos, brought to you tonight by intel®, ohh it looks like you mr hardware is over 1 generation old, how about we make that stutter for you and play you a couple ads.

Wasn't it a codec from Real Networks? And they straight up bought it and then gave Real a permanent license to it, I believe.