• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ASRock Brings RapidStart, SmartConnect to H61 Platform

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Lincredible phenomenon spreads around the world! Miracles did not only happen on the new basketball star Jeremy Lin, but also ASRock, the global top3 motherboard manufacturer! By updating the latest ME8 BIOS & Driver, ASRock today proudly announced their entire Intel H61 motherboard series now support Intel Rapid Start and Smart Connect Technologies! These new technologies are targeted to be supported with Intel next gen motherboard platforms, but ASRock offers an early chance to let users to experience new techniques on current H61 motherboard with 2nd Gen Intel Core Processor (Sandy Bridge).

"High-performance functions are not exclusive for high-end motherboards. ASRock's strength is to apply premium function on budget-level motherboards, making the function available by most of the users." commented James Lee, V.P. of Sales and Marketing at ASRock. "This time, miracles do happen at ASRock! Thanks to the excellent R&D team, ASRock is the first motherboard company to apply these two Intel new functions on H61 series motherboard in the world!"

In addition to Intel Rapid Start and Smart Connect technologies, ASRock H61 Value Motherboard Series can also support Next Gen 22nm Intel Core Processor by updating the latest ME8 BIOS and Driver. With Next Gen 22nm Intel Core CPU, ASRock H61 series motherboard can even support up to amazing DDR3 2200+ (OC) high speed memory frequency!

Configuring your ASRock H61 motherboard to support the new CPU and features, all you have to do is easily update the latest ME8 BIOS and driver from ASRock website.

For more product information, please visit this page.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Processor 5900x
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Carbon
Cooling Artic freezer 280mm
Memory 32GB @ 3800Mhz
Video Card(s) RTX 3080 FE
I hope they release a similar update for there p67/z68 boards

Mulderer

System Name Budget Enthusiast
Processor AMD B40 @3.3
Motherboard Asrock M3A785
Cooling Zalman Shenzhen Songmu
Memory Corsair Vengeance + Avexir
Video Card(s) HIS 5770
Storage Hitachi 7K1000C
Display(s) AOC 2036
Case Custom
Audio Device(s) SB 24 Bit
Power Supply Amacrox 350
Software W7U 64
asrock really on the roll lately.. very good quality and not overpriced like brand A & G..