• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ATI x800 VIVO packaging

E

evilally

Could somebody tell me if the box with an ATI x800 VIVO is marked as "VIVO"? I'm assuming that it is. How would you tell a normal pro from a VIVO version just by looking at the box?

Thanks.

mustrum

VIVO cards have the rage theater chip on the back of the PCB. YOu can't overlook it. It's a big chip.

E

evilally

I'm in the possition where I have to identify it without opening the box. I'm assuming ATI would mark the box as such. Where on the box would this be visible?

mustrum

Mine had a VIVO Sicker on the front. I heard that there'S regular PRO boxes without a sign and then there was a VIVO inside. YOu can't tell for sure. You don't have to open the antistatic bag to see it though.

E

evilally

Thanks, do you know if the VIVO version is supplied with any additional accessories? Cables, capture software or anything?

NRP

evilally said:
Thanks, do you know if the VIVO version is supplied with any additional accessories? Cables, capture software or anything?

My Powercolor X800 Pro VIVO came with all kinds of cool stuff: s-video cable, Y power splitter cable, DVI to VGA adapter, component video cable, some other type of video cable (don't know what it's for), Counter Strike: Condition Zero, Hitman: Contracts, and CyberLink DVD Solutions disk: PowerDirecter SE+ (video editing), MediaShow SE (video slideshow), PowerDVD (DVD movie playback), PowerProducer DVD (DVD authoring and burning), and Power2Go (data/music burning).

P.S.
The box did have a VIVO sticker on it.

papashex

My ATI X800 Pro was not marked as vivo, but the functions were all there.

The only indication I can suggest you look for is on the bar coded label that lists the model. Mine read ATI X800 Pro V/VO/TV. Not quite spelling out vivo, but I found the rage theatre chip installed AND svideo / composit cables labeled video in and video out (it's actually pictographs molded into the cable).

There was NO capture app included. I was able to get the All In Wonder package from ATI and install it. The TV app opened up the video in for capture. NOTE I had to use my old 9800 CD to complete the all in wonder install, the installation check rejected my X800 cd.

I have also found that I can choose the rage theatre port in Pinnacle Studio as an input source. So it is possible!

papashex

Forgot to mention-
All that vivo function AND modded to 16 pipes! Best $400 card I ever bought :)

Xenn0X

mine had sticker too:

buch of cables and 2 retail games. prince of persia and splinter cell 2

Slayerstaps

papashex said:
Forgot to mention-
All that vivo function AND modded to 16 pipes! Best $400 card I ever bought :)

There is something like and edit button to add this...So use it
This way we can avoid this kind of double posting..

E

evilally

Thanks to everyone for the info. In the end, I got a deal on an open box VIVO (Connect3D, £25 off). I didn't realise that connect 3D offer a 2 year warranty....I only found out when I emailed them. Can wait to get it and mod it right up :D

Sniper

:mad: Hey Slayerstaps,you got some kind of problem.Why don't you try being nice to people.There was no need to be so rude to me about my post.I did actually apologise in it,had you bothered to read it.Now i think you should apologise to papashex,and learn to spell while you are at it ! :cool:

Slayerstaps

Sniper said:
:mad: Hey Slayerstaps,you got some kind of problem.Why don't you try being nice to people.There was no need to be so rude to me about my post.I did actually apologise in it,had you bothered to read it.Now i think you should apologise to papashex,and learn to spell while you are at it ! :cool:

This is spamming and off topic. I am a mod and i am doing my job to keep this forum clean of crap and people who double post or post lame stuff...
Even if u apologised it doesn't matter we don't allow selling stuff here so it get's removed.
And it's not even being rude it's just my job to look over the forum and if you have a prob with that go to a forum that doesn't have rules..

Sniper

Look mate,I know you are a moderator for the forum,and it is probably a thankless job,but someone needs to do it.I fully appreciate too that some idiots don't know a forum from their arse,but all i am saying is to be polite while you are modding,and not so downright condesending and rude to people.A little help goes a long way you know,i didn't know you could not sell stuff on here,but i do now,albeit rudely told !

Slayerstaps

point taken. I apologise for my rudeness to you. But like you said it has to be done. I'll try it in a more gentle way next time ;)

papashex

netranger6 said:
Is the Rage Chipe on the back side of the card?
Correct. My stock X800 Pro did not have any ram heatsink plate on the back so it was clearly visible.

Any large empty IC area on your back would be a bad sign.