• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ECS Thin Mini-ITX motherboards - Small but Versatile

Elitegroup Computer Systems (ECS), the world's leading motherboard, graphics card, barebone system, notebook and mobile device manufacturer announces a variety of options of Thin Mini-ITX for users to meet their different demands with AIO (All-In-One) and motherboards.

To target different segments, ECS Thin Mini-ITX motherboards are not only compatible with AIO but also with small form factor PCs, offering a wide range of solutions including H61H2-TI, H61H2-G11 and CDC-TI. With the growth in popularity of AIO, acceptance of the Thin Mini-ITX platform proves to be leading standard of this new trend, allowing for future-proof upgradeability.

The brand new CDC-TI Thin Mini-ITX motherboard supports Intel Atom D2700/D2550/D2500 Dual-core processors. The CPU and Memory are supported 100% by Solid Capacitors in order to provide better conductivity and longevity. CDC-TI features 2 x DDR3 SO-DIMM socket supporting up to 4 GB, 2 x SATA 3 Gb/s, 2 x USB 2.0, 2 Mini-PCIe (1 Full/ 1 Half), VGA, HDMI and LVDS support. It is distinguished by its fan-less design because of the lowest CPU power consumption of <10W TDP. ECS CDC-TI not only works well for Thin Mini-ITX AIOs but also for other form factors that can take advantage of a low-profile board.

The other H61H2-TI Thin Mini-ITX motherboard can support socket LGA1155 Intel 2nd and 3rd Generation Core processors. It features Intel H61 Express chipset with SATA 3 Gb/s, 2 x DDR3 SO-DIMM socket up to 16 GB, 2 x USB 3.0, 2 Mini-PCIe (1 Full/ 1 Half), 1 x mSATA, and HDMI input/output that deliver you an excellent performance and amazing experience. ECS H61H2-TI provides you a multi-functional solution within a limited space. Small but versatile.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

That CMOS battery hurt my eyes ... why they wont made it onboard or using some smaller battery ...

System Name micropage7
Processor Intel Xeon X3470
Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. P55A-UD3R (Socket 1156)
Cooling Enermax ETS-T40F
Memory Samsung 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3
Video Card(s) NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800
Storage V-GEN03AS18EU120GB, Seagate 2 x 1TB and Seagate 4TB
Display(s) Samsung 21 inch LCD Wide Screen
Case Icute Super 18
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte
Power Supply Silverstone 600 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Sades Excalibur + Taihao keycaps
Software Win 7 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Classified
That CMOS battery hurt my eyes ... why they wont made it onboard or using some smaller battery ...
yeah mini itx leaves no space for battery anymore :(

Solid State

I wish they'd use a displayport on the back of the motherboard. It's smaller than DVI after all.

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/5za05v

Solid State

It's more for the 2560x1600 resolution that the Intel cpus support with the displayport. I've been building mini-itx systems for this resolution for years.

Usually Zotac supports 2560x1600 on their mini-itx boards but they don't have a low profile mini-itx yet and I'm looking forward to building one. I also like the AC adapter on the back of the board since I won't have to drill holes in my case to get a 150 watt+ external brick for power.

penkween

Warning for Linux User (For we are many)
==========================================
While this board (ECS CDC-TI) gives us better Power Consumption, Mini-Pcie and thin factor but just like its cousin Intel DN2800MT board which is using GMA3650 graphic core (PowerVR SGX545 rebranded), this board DOES NOT support Linux(s) for hardware HD/3D graphic acceleration, only 2D is supported, merely because PowerVR forbid the open sourcing of their graphic core driver for linux world. There is also news from Intel that they will dump PowerVR graphics core and go for their own in house graphic core in future. So, GMA3650 sound like a chicken to me (waiting to be killed)

So, if you want to run Ubuntu's Unity 3D desktop, just forget it. If you want to play 3D Games or watching HD video with it, absolutely sluggish. Besides, it is also a sin of not telling the world that its 4GB Ram limitation is only with Windows perhaps Microsoft lacking 64-bit driver for it. Everyone know the Intel processor D2700 like N2800 used is indeed support 64bit, with Linux 64-Bit, we can install 2 pieces of 4GB Sodimm stick and get 8GB ram in total. (Unless the Board Manufacturer purposely set this limit in its BIOS for some secret future upgrade options $$$)

Furthermore, u can't even get a cheap Casing for it out there yet, the only one casing out there ie.LGX ML200 is more expensive than the board. Unlike the Intel DN2800MT, I hope this Board Box came at least with a DC PowerAdapter. For OS, It is a bit overkill that we need to install windows into it just to make it as HTPC for the purpose of Video, Song and Internet browsing which can be freely and easily done with any Linux(s) out there and some more you can save money buying antivirus software.

I am not sure how much this ECS board cost but as compared to its cousin Intel DN2800MT. In Summary, Total Cost of Ownership for building a WORKING HTPC (In this case have to use Windows) estimated as below :

***DN2800MT ~ USD 115
***ML200 Casing ~ USD 119
***Disk (1TB) + RAM(4GB) + PowerAdapter ~ USD 130
***Win7 Starter ~ USD 37.50
***Total Cost = USD 401.5 *** (This price tag has not yet included any shipping fees or tax/vat)

Last edited: