• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

MSI Announces All New Intel 7 Series Mainboards

MSI, the manufacturer of World's fastest mainboard and graphics card is happy to announce the availability of the new MSI Intel 7 Series mainboards for the LGA1155 socket, powered by MSI's renowned Military Class III components.

The new Intel Z77, H77 and B75 chipset based mainboards support both 2nd Generation Intel Core CPUs as well as the upcoming 3rd Generation Intel Core CPUs. Built on this basis of Quality components and technology the MSI Intel 7 series mainboards have overclocking features to match with OC Genie II. Not only does OC Genie II enhance CPU, Memory and hard-drive speed but now, in combination with Lucid Virtu MVP, also Discrete DirectX 11 Graphics performance can be boosted! Well-known for its power saving hardware features such as Active Phase Switching (APS) and DrMOS II, MSI Intel 7 series mainboards can combine its performance with best-in-class power saving. MSI's Intel 7 series mainboards are truly one of the most well-rounded mainboards ever created and will surely find its way in many PC builds.

Military Class III Power and power saving

MSI's exemplary Military Class III Components honor the "Top Quality and Stability" slogan. DrMOS II (DriverMOSFET) is the latest edition to the Military Class family and enhances efficiency, reduces temperatures and provides Thermal Protection for extreme overclocking scenarios. The Hi-C CAP is an extremely efficient Tantalum based capacitor with a Nobel-prize winning automatic recovery function and Super Ferrite Choke (SFC) provides 30% more power at 10% higher efficiency compared to chokes used on other brand motherboards. The Japanese made Solid Capacitors provide a long lifetime under gaming loads compared to older liquid capacitors. All MSI Military Class III mainboard components have passed the stringent tests of the U.S. Department of Defense MIL-STD-810G deserving its name Military Class III components.

Smoothest system experience

MSI OC Genie II is world's easiest overclocking technique and allows a complete performance overhaul with a simple push of a button. On the MSI's Z77, H77 and B75 series mainboards this leads to the ultimate performance experience. Pushing the OC Genie Button will push the CPU to 4.2 GHz for 18% better performance, overlock the system memory to 1866 MHz, speed ups hard-disk performance up to 4,5 times in combination with Intel ISRT SSD Caching Technology and now exclusively upgrades the performance of your Graphics card! My OC Genie is a new feature that allows end-users to customize their OC Genie II experience through MSI's unique ClickBIOS II interface. ClickBIOS II has received unanimous praise from worldwide media for its intuitive interface, design and availability as both an UEFI BIOS interface and Windows application. With the forward looking ClickBIOS II interface, MSI is ready for Windows 8 Certification.

Advanced connectivity

MSI Z77, H77 and B75 series mainboards are equiped with an advanced integrated USB 3.0 controller which offers greatly improved transfer speeds versus 3rd party controllers. The MSI Z77A-GD80 will also rock the market as the first announced mainboard with Intel Thunderbolt support. With up to 10 Gbps of bandwidth and integrated power delivery it allows connectivity to a wide range of devices like high-res displays and high capacity external storage devices. With the MSI Z77A-GD80 with Thunderbolt you can satisfy the needs of any workstation or video editing storage bandwidth requirement.

Unprecedented USB3 Performance

Peripheral performance is brought to a new level on the MSI Z77A-GD65 thanks to the new Integrated USB 3.0 controller. USB 3.0 devices attached to the MSI Z77A-GD65 can perform up to 77% better than motherboards equipped with a third party USB controller. The MSI Z77A-GD65 Supports the new USB Attached SCSI Protocol, which is required for Windows 8 Certification.

Maximized Compatibly

MSI Intel Z77, H77 and B75 series mainboards support the new PCI Express Gen3 standard to deliver up to 32 GB/s of bandwidth to PCI Express cards. With this bandwidth you can enjoy GPU performance boosts and massive amounts of storage bandwidth for PCI Express based storage controllers. Memory on the MSI Intel Z77, H77 and B75 series mainboards support frequencies up to DDR3-2933 MHz.

High Fidelity multimedia

The MSI Z77, H77 and B75 series mainboards have built-in THX TruStudio Pro surround sound technology that enables the best audio quality, allowing you to have the most realistic dynamic sound field effects when watching Blu-Ray movies or playing games. MSI's Z77 series mainboards also support LucidLogix Virtu MVP GPU virtualization technology. This allows MSI's Z77 mainboards to dynamically switch between the built-in graphics of the CPU and a discrete graphics card for the most efficient processing. VirtuMVP also enables HyperFormance mode which combines the processing power of both Integrated and discrete graphics to boost your performance to new levels.

MSI Z77, H77 and B75 model lineup

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

MeanBruce

System Name Maximus Obsidious "Max"
Processor Intel 3770K 4.5GHz 1.205volts Delta T=2.5C at idle
Motherboard Asus Maximus V Extreme
Cooling H100i Sanyo-Denki SanAce Type 9S 120(x6) at 750rpm
Memory Corsair Dominator GT 2133Mhz 2X4GB w/extended heat sink fins red
Video Card(s) Asus 6870 DirectCU (Asus 9970 Direct CU2 Coming Soon)
Storage Intel 520 120GB(x2) RAID0 Array 1.1GB/s read/write
Display(s) Samsung 970D (Coming Soon)
Case CaseLabs Magnum M8 w/XL window front I/O USB 3.0(x4) Lamptron FC10 nixie tube fan controller stock f
Power Supply Corsair Platinum AX860 (Seasonic) w/Corsair GEN2 AXi cables red
Software Windows 8 Pro 64-bit $39.99 download :):)
Everyone is announcing their new Z77 mainboard range, so where is Asus? Please you just have to announce the Maximus 5 Extreme, and pretty please with thunderbolt? If MSI and Intel are offering it on their top board, Asus just has too. Things are beginning to get very exciting...

Processor RyZen R9 3950X
Motherboard ASRock X570 Taichi
Cooling Coolermaster Master Liquid ML240L RGB
Memory 64GB DDR4 3200 (4x16GB)
Video Card(s) RTX 3050
Storage Samsung 2TB SSD
Display(s) Asus VE276Q, VE278Q and VK278Q triple 27” 1920x1080
Case Zulman MS800
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply Seasonic 650W
VR HMD Oculus Rift, Oculus Quest V1, Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 11 64bit
I agree, Asus should have a motherboard with Intel Thunderbolt and I haven’t seen any indication that they will yet. I have heard that they were concerned about other companies copying their designs so they were trying to keep tight wraps on them but I don’t know if this is true.

dickwyn

I agree, Asus should have a motherboard with Intel Thunderbolt and I haven’t seen any indication that they will yet. I have heard that they were concerned about other companies copying their designs so they were trying to keep tight wraps on them but I don’t know if this is true.
Actually the GD 80 is the highest end for mainstream users. the bigbang z77 should have thunderbolt. i think that asus has places thunderbolt port on their maximus V extreme

dickwyn

Yep Asus said that last month so i think that is just somehow a coverup. i think they are still working on the board or either testing it. still no signs of the maximus V Extreme

Yo_Wattup

System Name Desktop/Gamer/Digital Audio Wokstation ||| HTPC
Processor 2500k @ 4.65ghz ||| AMD A8 @ 3.6ghz
Motherboard ASUS P8Z68-V Pro
Cooling Noctua NH-D14 with single Blue Antec Tri-Cool 120mm ||| Stock
Memory 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600 @1900mhz 8-9-9-24 ||| 8GB G.Skill 1600 CL9
Video Card(s) 2x HIS HD6950 2GB Crossfire, 6970 clocks ||| HD6550D
Storage 120GB Intel 320 series SSD + 2TB storage ||| 1TB Seagate
Display(s) 32" Sony Bravia LCD 1080p ||| 50" Hitachi Plasma 1080p
Case Raidmax Raptor modded to 7 fans ||| A compact HP Case
Audio Device(s) Firewire audio interface + two 9" studio monitors, 450 REAL watts ||| onboard
Power Supply Corsair TX 750W ||| generic 400W
Software Win 7 Ultimate + Win 8 consumer preview||| Win 7 Pro
Benchmark Scores Never drops below 60fps Battlefield 3 everything on max, fov 90. :D
tl;dr, (im drunk, gimme a break) whats new about it?

MeanBruce

Case CaseLabs Magnum M8 w/XL window front I/O USB 3.0(x4) Lamptron FC10 nixie tube fan controller stock f
tl;dr, (im drunk, gimme a break) whats new about it?

hahaha, I'm gonna get drunk if bad news comes from the Asus camp. Where is the MSI Z77A-GD80? Have all the thunderbolt boards been delayed? Is this a story within itself? Come on, TPU we are counting on you for the latest, up to date breaking news!:D

The only bad part about this hobby is the waiting game... On pins and needles over here, aaaahhhhh!

Processor RyZen R9 3950X
Video Card(s) RTX 3050
Storage Samsung 2TB SSD
Case Zulman MS800
Audio Device(s) On Board
hahaha, I'm gonna get drunk if bad news comes from the Asus camp. Where is the MSI Z77A-GD80? Have all the thunderbolt boards been delayed? Is this a story within itself? Come on, TPU we are counting on you for the latest, up to date breaking news!:D

The only bad part about this hobby is the waiting game... On pins and needles over here, aaaahhhhh!

Good point. There is no sign of the MSI Z77A-GD80 on the MSI new motherboard Page and the Intel DZ77GA-75K is nowhere to be seen on the Intel new motherboard page either.

I'll also point out that the pictures I've seen of the MSI Z77A-GD80 only have one Thunderbolt port. I think the latest iMac models have at least two Tunderbolt ports.

System Name m1dg3t | DeathBox | HairPi 3
Processor 3570k @ 4.0 1.15v BIOS | q9550 @ 3.77 1.325v BIOS
Motherboard Asrock z77e iTX | p5q Dlx 2301 BIOS
Cooling Custom Water | D-14 & HR-03gt | Passive HSF
Memory Samsung MV-3V4G3D 4g x 2 @ 1866 1.35v | OcZ RpR 2g x 4 @ 1067 2.2v
Video Card(s) MSi 7950 tf3 @1000 / 1350 | Asus 5870 V2 @ 900 / 1275
Storage Adata sx900 256Gb / WD 2500 HHTZ | WD 1001 FALS x 2
Display(s) BenQ gw2750hm | 46" Sharp Quatron
Case BitFenix Prodigy - m0dd3d | Antec Fusion Remote MAX
Audio Device(s) Onboard Toslink > Yamaha HTR 6290 | Xonar HDAV1.3 > Yamaha DSP z7
Power Supply Ocz mXp700w | Ocz zx850w | Cannakit 5v 2.5a
Mouse Logitech G700s | Logitech G9x - Cable Repaired
Keyboard TT Meka G1 - Black w Cherry Blacks| Logitech G11
Software Win7 Home | Xp sp3 & Vista ultimate | Raspbian
Benchmark Scores Epeen!! Who needs epeen??
YES MSI bring it on! :rockout:

I'm fed up with Asus and never liked Gigabyte, i may be doing another build soon (have a pile of spare part's) and have been debating whether or not to move to new skt or stick with 775 (i have an e5200 collecting dust) hopefully pricing is good on the mATX version so i can get my feet wet with new tech :) Not looking for anything really performance wise as i'll only have a 4890 for the GFX anyways :eek:

Been eying the Sapphire board bta posted the other day and now this, hopefully there will be some review's here in the coming month's? Thank's TPU!

MeanBruce

Good point. There is no sign of the MSI Z77A-GD80 on the MSI new motherboard Page and the Intel DZ77GA-75K is nowhere to be seen on the Intel new motherboard page either.

I'll also point out that the pictures I've seen of the MSI Z77A-GD80 only have one Thunderbolt port. I think the latest iMac models have at least two Tunderbolt ports.

Octavean must be my brother from another mother!

Where is the Asus M5E? Where is the thunderbolt connectivity? Will they wait until Sunday to speak a simple truth, or will it be delayed for months? Ahhhhhh help me Lawd!:cry:

My cpu and mainboard are barely breathing, without these tools how can I possibly assist this world with these heavy crutches that you have placed upon me?:cry:

Last edited:
Processor RyZen R9 3950X
Video Card(s) RTX 3050
Storage Samsung 2TB SSD
Case Zulman MS800
Audio Device(s) On Board
A friend just pointed out to me that the new ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe has a form of Intel Thunderbolt support:

There is also a header labelled 'TB_Header', which should mean Thunderbolt, but there is no mention of it in the specifications. I will have to check up on this.

Update: The TB_Header is actually for a new Thunderbolt add-in card that ASUS will be selling. This is aimed to go into the x4 slot and provide Thunderbolt connectivity. MSRP will be around the $30-$40 mark so I am told.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/5728/...ew-asrock-asus-gigabyte-msi-ecs-and-biostar/7

I didn't know Thunderbolt could be added via an x4 slot but since a header is necessary too it sounds proprietary and therefore wont work with just any motherboard,......