• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

GPU-Z 0.6.0 sensor readings

sykozis

New to this forum so just let me know if my first thread isn't formatted or presented properly.

In GPU-Z 0.6.0, I've noticed that a few sensors appear to read inaccurately.

The VDDC sensor randomly shows negative voltage readings.
The VDDC Current and VDDC Current In sensors randomly show negative amperage readings.

I'm not sure if this occurance is specific to my HD7870...or the HD7K series in general, or if it effects other cards. I felt this was the best way to determine the impact of these occurances and give the developer a chance to possibly look into them.

I'll provide complete system specs if needed.

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Memory 48 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 4080
Storage 2x HDD RAID 1, 3x M.2 NVMe
Display(s) 30" 2560x1600 + 19" 1280x1024
Software Windows 10 64-bit
do you have any other software running that's trying to access teh sensors at teh same time?

sykozis

No, I don't.

I've monitored the card with both GPU-Z and the Asus Tweaking utility at different times. Only GPU-Z shows the abnormal readings. The 12V sensor reading is consistantly below 12V, which made me compare with Asus Tweak, which seems to mirror the readings I get for that particular sensor. This is what lead me to post about these sensors as I don't see the same anomolies with Asus Tweak.