• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

World's 1st Voicecode Security USB Drive - Voicelok

You wouldn't think there would be much to say about a USB flash drive, but in this case, what you say, and how you say it, is your key to data security. Advanced technical skills are definitely not required, because this is a plug-and-play device, requiring no software installation. All critical software is embedded in the flash drive itself, and it is fully functional the moment it is removed from the box.

After inserting the USB into a computer, red and green LEDs flash to signal to the user that the drive is ready to hear the password through its on-board microphone. Armed with a dedicated on-board microprocessor, the drive's voice-recognition software then sorts out the various nuances and frequencies of an authorized voice, and the only necessary password is a spoken one.

The caveat of course, is any sort of illness which may alter one's voice, such as laryngitis, the common cold, or even a lack of sleep, which could prevent unlocking the data. An alternate method of securely unlocking files is provided should that occur. That procedure requires recognizing, and responding to, a specific sequence of flashing color LEDs. That pattern-recognition password is also secure and easy to use, because it is a combination that has been predetermined by the user, just as the user also chooses the spoken password.

As a result this handy little gadget, called Voicelok, is actually two security products in one, and can be utilized by non-voice users. In fact, this is the only dual security solution that does not require complicated software installation, and provides peace of mind for non-technical individuals. This device does not require additional laptop parts, such as TPMs (Trusted Platform Modules) now beginning to appear in some ultrabooks and ultrathins.

For those working in healthcare, financial and other data-sensitive industries, security is always a concern. Protection against identity theft, and theft of user-names and passwords would rank high on any list of data security issues.

In addition to being the world's first voice-code security USB drive, Voicelok is also the world's smallest dual-security, USB flash drive. Hammacher Schlemmer is a vendor, and provides a lifetime guarantee.

Voicelok Specifications & Attributes

- Dimensions - 2.5 x 0.75 x 0.25
- Weight - 1.5 ounces
- Capacity - 8 GB
- On-board microphone
- Dedicated on-board microprocessor
- Security-indicator LEDs
- Embedded voice-recognition & security software
- Plug-and-play, no drivers or other software to install
- User-specific
- Alternate pattern-based security for non-voice users
- Stainless-steel cover
- Out-of-the-box security
- Designed for non-technical users

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Shoebox Sandwich | Razer Blade 14 | Synology DS418 w/ 4X8TB WD Red | iPhone 15 Pro
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX
Motherboard ASRock B650E PG-ITX WiFi | Razer thing
Cooling NZXT Kraken 240 RGB w/ Lian Li P28 + Corsair AF120 Slim | Double fan vapour chamber
Memory G.Skill Flare X5 2x16GB 6000MHz CL32 DDR5 | 16GB 3200MHz DDR4
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 8GB
Storage Seagate FireCuda 520 2TB + Lexar NM790 4TB | 1TB NVMe SSD + 2TB NVMe external SSD
Display(s) Alienware AW3423DW & Sony A90K 42" | 14" QHD IPS 165Hz & Sony X90J 65" 4K TV
Case FormD T1 - v2.1 - Titanium colourway w Aluminium mesh | Razer Blade 14
Audio Device(s) Schiit Hel 2E (Focal Clear & HiFiMAN HE-4XX & DROP PC38X) | Samsung Q950A
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum | Razer 230W brick
Mouse Razer Viper Ultimate Mercury | Roccat Kain 202
Keyboard DIY Geek 64 PCB (Kailh Box Deep Sea - Matcha XDA Keycaps) | Corsair K63
VR HMD Oculus Quest
Software Windows 11 Home | Windows 11 Home
Benchmark Scores 2022 MINI Countryman SE PHEV Hybrid ALL4 | British Racing Green| Malt Brown Interior| YOURS Trim
hmm I like, but I can will wonder how long it will last before it breaks.

Voice recognition protection is the stupidest thing ever. Anyone can record your voice and if you're having a nasty cold you won't be able to get to your data. Useless.

System Name White Phantom
Processor i5 2500K @ 4.4ghz = 1.360-1.368 vcore
Motherboard asrock p67 pro (not pro3)
Cooling prolimatech megahalem with 2x nocuta in push pull (thanks to the 54thvoid) ;) , stock phantom fans
Memory 16gb Kingston hyper x ddr3 1600mhz
Video Card(s) Asus strix 970 ocd 1.5ghz core
Storage 240gb ssd , 1tb Western digital Black, western digital 320gb
Display(s) samsung syncmaster p2450 via DVI @1080p 60hz
Case White and blue NZXT Phantom (carbon fibred sides/door)
Audio Device(s) onboard , philips AMBX pro speakers 80watts rms
Power Supply Xfx750
Mouse Rat 3
Keyboard Act cheapo "gaming"
Software windows 10
Benchmark Scores world record for most amount of times machine has pissed me off ....
Voice recognition protection is the stupidest thing ever. Anyone can record your voice and if you're having a nasty cold you won't be able to get to your data. Useless.

100% what i was thinking, silly idea

Hehe, imagine yourself yelling at the USB thumbdrive in a public library when you want to unlock the darn thing.

Processor Intel Core i7 5930K
Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme [BIOS 1502]
Cooling Corsair H110i GT
Memory Corsair Dominator Platinum - 32GB (4x8GB) @ 2666Mhz C15
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti
Storage Samsung SM951 M.2 512GB
Display(s) ASUS RoG PG278Q
Case Corsair Obsidian 900D
Audio Device(s) Onboard Sound
Power Supply Corsair AX1500i
Mouse Mad Catz R.A.T. 9
Keyboard Logitech G19 v1
Software Windows 7 Professional x64

On point

LLittle

I think this is great. As it mentions in the product description there is an alternate measure in place for unlocking the files if you have a cold or can't speak your password. Having purchased this and tested, I highly doubt someone can "record" your voice and use it to open your USB drive. It's also unlikely that if you lost your drive in the street or left it at a coffee shop someone would know who you are and what your voice password was.